Straight Path Apps brings you the easiest, most convenient way to learn a book ‘s AR™ point value and level when you’re on the go. Simply scan the book’s ISBN (barcode) using your device's camera as a scanner and one screen later; you’ll see the book’s AR™ level, point value and quiz number. If your book doesn't have a barcode, no problem! Points Scan includes both a title and author search, as well.
Points Scan now utilizes a backup search to the WorldCat OCLC™ database for any ISBNs that aren't initially found in the AR database. This greatly enhances the apps efficiency.
Renaissance Learning™ developed Accelerated Reader ™ and is no way associated with Straight Path Apps.
If you want to try out Points Scan without any ads for only $0.99, check out the premium version of Points Scan.
A library management app that allows you to scan your books' ISBNs to view the Guided Reading, Lexile®, Grade Level Equivalent, and DRA levels for the book and store them in a personalized library. You can build your leveled library quickly by searching our comprehensive database of over 230K books spanning those 4 leveling standards. We have a passion for education and our goals are to help you organize your classroom library and to alleviate the struggles associated with finding the levels of books. This app is great for educators who need to level their classroom library and also need a way to organize those books digitally. Parents will also find this app useful in order to locate level appropriate books for their child's reading enjoyment.
◆ App is featured on David Kapuler's bucket list of top educational apps found on Tech&Learning: http://www.techlearning.com/default.aspx?tabid=67&entryid=5300
‣ Scan or manually search by ISBN, book title or author to lookup level information.
‣ View a new book of the day recommended by teachers every day.
‣ Create and maintain libraries of your leveled books.
‣ Loan out your books and keep track of them by utilizing the Check out and in feature.
‣ Create and maintain roster(s) of your students for checking out books and maintaining reading levels.
‣ Create and maintain wish lists of books that you don't currently have, but would like to get in the future.
‣ Social - Educators can submit book levels and recommendations to benefit other users (Levels will be independently reviewed for accuracy before going live).
‣ An active support team that is dedicated to developing new features and adding new books to our database.
Join us in building the best community for educators and parents to support the on going growth of our children!
We would love to hear from you! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please use the Contact Us page in the app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit us at levelitbooks.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/LevelItBooks, and on Twitter @LevelItBooks.
The ISBN scanner feature requires a device with an auto-focus camera (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S4).
This app also requires internet connectivity (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) to communicate with our back end service to bring you the great features of this app.
Supports the popular Lexile®, DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment®), and Guided Reading leveling systems.
• Scan a book's ISBN and see its level.
• Search for a book by title, author, or level.
• Add books to your personal library.
The database focuses on grades K through 8.
An online manual for Literacy Leveler is available at http://fikesfarm.com/litlev
Use the built-in barcode scanner to find book information. Sometimes, when a book has multiple editions with different barcodes, you may not find your book by scanning. Try searching by typing or saying the book’s title. New books and barcodes are being added all the time to make Book Wizard Mobile even more up-to-date.
Book Wizard Mobile lets you instantly view:
Reading Level by:
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading Level
Teachers can also:
• Create and save book lists, or an entire classroom library list to your existing Scholastic.com account.
• Modify existing book lists associated with your account.
• Share your book lists on your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest accounts.
• Email your book list to colleagues and friends.
This app does NOT collect:
• Personally identifiable information other than your Scholastic.com user name, which may be your email address.
• Unique device ID
This app does collect device category (mobile/tablet) and device type (iPhone, iPod Touch, etc)
This app collects general geo-location information associated with the internet service provider through which you get internet access on your device. Scholastic does not store this information.
Developer: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, 800-SCHOLASTIC, email@example.com
Customer support: www.scholastic.com/bookwizardmobile
A little feature list:
- automatic localization near important points (Mensa, Westend, lecture halls)
- finding corresponding informations according to your position (course details, menus)
- manual selection of time and place you are interested in
- selection of auditoriums
- menus of all canteens managed by the student union of Bielefeld
- canteen widget to access the menus of your favorite canteen fast
- Change of days or courses by wiping
- Search the ekVV for persons and courses
- Search for books, magazins and media in the library of the university
- Scan ISBN codes (barcodes) on books or magazins to lookup the availability in the library
Support of the following canteens:
- Canteen Uni Bielefeld
- Westend Uni Bielefeld
- Canteen FH Bielefeld (Kurt-Schumacher-Str.)
- Canteen FH Bielefeld( (Wilh.-Bert.-Str.)
- Canteen FH Bielefeld Minden
- Canteen University OWL Detmold
- Canteen University OWL Lemgo
- Canteen University OWL Höxter
- Canteen University for Music, Detmold, Neustadt
- Canteen Fröbelschool
- Canteen Laborschule
- Canteen Peter-August-Böckstiegel-School
- Canten kindergarten at Voltmannshof
- Canteen Uni kindergarten
Permissions of this app are used in the following way:
- Internet: Many informations are only available on the websites of the university of Bielefeld. These pages have to be accessed.
- Network status: Because I don't want to access your mobile internet without your permission I have to check if you're on mobile.
- Wifi: I have to test if your wifi is connected and it is used to locate you inside of the university. The data will NEVER be send to anyone. It's only saved on your phone as long as the app needs it to locate you (a few seconds).
- External storage (SD card): All classificators are extracted to the sd card in order to save space. If you build your own models everything is saved on the external storage.
The Classroom Organizer app is an affordable alternative to purchasing a typical USB scanner. With the Classroom Organizer app educators can simply walk around their classroom and scan each book via their Android device.
We've also included the ability to assign locations to books as they are added to a Classroom Organizer account. Simply create locations and choose a location before adding a book to your library. The selected location is maintained until a new selection is made. This allows for quick scanning of multiple books in a single location.
Check your progress as books are scanned by using the "Manage Classroom" function of the app. View the title, cover image (if available) as well as quantity of a title that has been added. Quickly find items by sorting books by title or quantity.