The Arccos Driver app works with the Arccos Driver sensor.
Based on the "Rules Changes for 2016" published on December 13, 2015 and available at www.usga.org, the Arccos Driver app conforms to the Rules of Golf. The Arccos Driver app can now be used in Stipulated Rounds when a local rule permitting the use of distance-measuring devices is in effect, so long as a golfer does not review data from a hole previously played during that round.
The Arccos Driver performance tracking and live competition system delivers real-time data for tee shot distances, fairways hit and more. The single-sensor platform achieves this by automatically detecting each drive and recording second shot position without the need for tagging or other annoying disruptions.
Arccos Driver features include:
* Advanced GPS for 40,000+ courses
* Distance and accuracy stats for every drive
* Driver Tuning that uses Artificial Intelligence to help players easily identify optimal settings for adjustable drivers
* Precise Shot Detection that distinguishes between real and practice shots
* King of the Hole virtual long drive competition with live leaderboards
* Custom Long Drive Leaderboards for group outings with live updates throughout the event
To start using the system, players simply attach the ultralight Arccos Driver sensor to the grip end of any driving club. This is then paired just once to an iPhone using the free Arccos Driver app.
For the Arccos Driver app to work properly, users must keep their smartphone in a front pocket throughout their round.
The Arccos Driver sensor runs on a standard watch battery (CR2032). This lasts up to 50 rounds, with charge level monitored via a battery indicator in the Arccos app.
Arccos Driver uses the Android phones background location capabilities to determine shot locations when in a round. Please be aware that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.