Easy to use with my Skywatcher Virtuoso mount (with the USB cable I purchased from teleskopy.pl for €13!). Recognizes the mount and drives it with zero issues. It also allows connection with the SkySafari 5 Plus software, turning my Virtuoso mount into an actual go-to telescope for the amazingly cheap price of 31€ (USB cable and SkySafari license), all controlled from my phone or my tablet. Love the app and thanks to the creator for making it a reality.
1) For an "astronomical" application I find it a little strange that it doesn't have a "Night Mode" (low light, red color and tones only) . 2) Could be even more used (or usefull) if the application offers a "generic" BT/WiFi connection settings, and not to be a dedicated tool for SkySafari and Stellarium software only. Some of us, use use other planetarium and telescope control softwares, but we need a "virtual SynScan" tool.... so maybe you can do something in this direction also :-) Other than the above 2 items I find the app to be great one, very usefull and easy to use. Keep up the good work ! PS: after the 2 items above are updated, I'll give 5 full stars to the app, until then it get's only 4 stars from me ;-)
too difficult if u can do this your smart but i dont like to do hard work so yea...
Excellent app A+++ It is very simple to setup, and works fine in tablet mode with my Heritage Virtuoso, great with SKYSAFARI and a USB to serial connection cable,I have a usbhost app. l would imagine it is even better with wireless Bluetooth! Highly recommended.
Add a Shoestring BT2EQ5 Easy to connect mount via BT2EQ5 dongle. No need for laptop and eqascom when on a trip away from home base. Opened up a whole viewing experience. Thanks
Works well Using it with merlin mount and ursa minor BT interface. 90mm mak-cas and sky safari 4 plus.
- Equatorial movements in strict mode, including mount flip when passes the meridian limit
- Orion Merlin/Telestrack support
- Many bug fixes
- Two experimental features: backlash and Point Alignment Enhancement(PAE)
- Many thanks to Charles Linn, Cathy & Tex for the bug reports and testing(Sorry for the long absence)