Please update your rating on Google Play!
The new version was completely rewritten and allows you to set individual control over Wifi, Bluetooth, Phone, Data Connection, Ring Profile. You can have as many events as you like - and they can repeat on each day you want.
If the application is not working for you or you have some improvement ideas, please write me an e-mail at email@example.com.
Power Schedule is a lightweight app, designed for Android. It allows you to set an On/Off schedule for Airplane Mode (Telephony), WiFi, Bluetooth and Data connection. Ring Profile can be automatically switched between Silent and Normal
For example, you may want to set WiFi to off when you leave for work in the morning. Then back to on when you're home again and in range of your personal wireless network.
You can set a different schedule for the Phone or Bluetooth. For example, set your phone to off while you sleep at night, so you're not bothered by any unwanted calls.
Setting the phone to off will not completely power off your Android device, so you'll still have your alarms active.
Please don't leave a negative comment if it's not working for you - let me know what I can do to improve it first.
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. firstname.lastname@example.org
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
Full list of settings you can change / toggle:
- Airplane mode
- Silent and vibrate mode
- Auto-rotate screen
- Background data (2G/3G)
- Data Roaming
- Battery level
ROOT ACCESS NEED!
If you are not aware whether or not your phone has root access, you probably don't have root access.
ROOT REQUIRED, WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT ROOT!!
Create shortcuts on your home screen to power off (shutdown) with one click.
There is a known issue where this does not work on phones with Sense (EVO, Inc, etc).
*** DOUBLE TAP on Status Bar to Screen OFF***
- Shake to Screen ON
- Shake to Screen OFF
- Recognizes when device in the pocket
- Swiping over Proximity Sensor to Screen ON/OFF
- Proximity Smart Cover feature for user using Flip Cover (If you use a phone case with cover, just close the cover to turn screen off. and open the cover to turn screen on).
- So with Smart Cover feature you just put the phone in your pocket to turn screen off, and take the phone out from your pocket to turn screen on.take it out of the pocket the screen auto turn on.
- When device on hand = Screen ON
- When device face down or in the Pocket = Screen OFF
- Double Tap on Status Bar to Screen OFF
- Shake to turn off, use the proximity sensor to open the screen to the most comfortable and most effective.
- When only opening screen features with the proximity sensor when taking the phone out of the bag itself on the screen.
- Besides you can very much for the way how to shut off by different types of sensors.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF so you can't turn on screen by feature 1 and 3.But if you checked option for device do not turn on the screen, you can use Proximity or Smart Cover feature to turn on/off the screen.
Check your device on link:
How to uninstall app :
You can click on Uninstall button,
Note: Many toggle (GPRS, NFC, AirplaneMode...) are not working on Lollipop even with root. This is a known issue. I am still looking for a fix.
For creating a Tasker toggle, refer http://powertoggles.com/tasker/
For concerns regarding SuperUser permission: http://m.powertoggles.com/help.php?e=26 , https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/T9xnMJEnzf1
(****** Note: Do not install on SD card ******)
**Call phone permission is required for adding direct call shortcuts on the widget.
Contains 40+ toggles including
Mobile Data (3G/4G)
Bluetooth (toggle, discovery and tether),
Custom application shortcut
Custom system shortcuts
And many more...
Supports homescreen widgets and notification widget. Also supports expandable notification widget on Jelly Beans and above.
Lockscreen widgets on android 4.2+
Many customization options like changing color theme and icons for individual toggles.
Backup and share widget settings from the widget configure screen (Menu > Import / Export) as well as various themes for multi-icon toggles and battery toggle.
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Required for running root commands. No effect on non-rooted phones. Users will still get the prompt asking for permission when running root command. http://m.powertoggles.com/help.php?e=26
android.permission.CAMERA: Required for the flashlight to work.
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: required to display a toggle choice popup when using notification widget (Only on gingerbread)
Note: on gingerbread, direct notification toggle is not possible. The clicking the notification widget, it displays a popup to choose an action.
Feel free to suggest more toggle button ideas.
Please go through the Help and FAQ section in the app (fully searchable) twice before reporting a bug, most likely it is already answered there.
It is difficult for me to reply to each email individually, some of the emails may get lost in the huge list of unread mails. If you do not get a reply within a week, ping me again.
It is able to be timed on/off many tasks!
Your can do some system settings by the time,
such as WIFI/Bluetooth/Rigntone/Reset etc..
There are three executed mode : Power Saving, Super Power Saving, Normal.
If your device would miss tasks, please change to "Normal Mode" through menu.
Functions list :
* Multiple Language Support: Traditional Chinese, English
* Low memory usage
* Low frequency of use, low power usage
* Can be timed on/off 3G data, wifi, GPS, rigntone
* Can be timed on/off airplane mode, bluetooth, WIFI AP
* Can be timed Reset/Close device (rooted need)
* Regular timer : Every Day/Week/Month
* Can Enable/Disable tasks
* Can execute task immediately
* Can clear logs
* Auto clear up app cache
* Auto stop background service when no task enable
Data ON-OFF is FREE. However, we need to support our efforts to continuously improve the app with occasional ads. There is an option to turn them off through in-app purchase. For example, our team is now working hard on a solution for Lollipop users, which requires many hours of paid programmers work. Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (email@example.com)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
With this really nifty app running on your Android, you can use the volume button instead of the power button to wake up your device!
Totally free, no annoying ads!
Please note that you may experience a power drain on the battery. This comes with the territory of keeping your device awake at all times in order to enable the volume button to perform the power button function. With recent updates to the Android operating system - this is the only way to do it.
If this app is run without the screen off setting, then the long term behavior of this app becomes unpredictable, as it is subject to the operating system's whims to reclaim memory. We recommend that you enable the 'screen off in notification bar' feature if you plan to use the app for long periods of time.
You can set how often to connect, the connection period and pause it in a given time slot.
Sets to suit your preferences and forget it!
On Android 5 Lollipop due to a limitation introduced in this version is no longer possible to stop the connection.We apologize for the inconvenience, we are working to solve the problem.
If you are using your device during the time for which you scheduled the stop of the connection, the connection will remain active until the screen turns off.
Try "Connection On/Off widget" app if you want to manually turn On/Off the data connection
If you have any feedback or issues, please email me!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
If your tablet or phone’s power button is starting to fail, stop using it and get this app!
POWER ON USING VOLUME KEYS
Using Power On Volume you can wake up your tablet or phone and power on your screen using the physical volume keys on your tablet or phone instead of using a faulty power button.
*** NOW USES MUCH LESS BATTERY POWER ***
Tests showed up to 72% reduction in battery drain compared to previous versions. Battery drain varies by device type and can still be an issue on some devices.
POWER OFF OPTIONS
Using Power On Volume you can power off the screen, lock the screen, and enter power saving sleep mode using three options:
* Waving your hand in front of your device’s proximity sensor (if supported).
* Long pressing the search button (on devices with a search key).
* Pressing a Power Off shortcut icon from your home screen.
* Pressing the Power Off button in the Power On Volume app.
* Pressing a Power Off notification in the notification bar.
The long press search button feature is fully configurable. You can enable and disable this feature, and you can also select other apps to be launched when you long press the search button if they support this feature (such as the Google Voice Search app).
The Power Off shortcut icon can be selected from 16 beautiful HD Power Off icons.
The Power Off feature is compatible with all current versions of Android. Unlike many other apps available, the Power Off function will never turn the screen back on unpredictably like other similar apps are known to do when run on Android OS versions 4.0.4 or 4.1.1.
When the Power Off Proximity function is enabled (on supported hardware), you can turn off your device by waving your hand in front of the proximity sensor or by placing your device face down, putting it in a pocket, etc. Any action that covers the front will turn off your device. The Power Off Proximity function won’t turn off your phone during calls or when the phone is ringing. The Power Off Proximity function doesn’t consume any power when disabled or when the screen is off, saving precious battery life.
The root features require a rooted tablet or phone. If you don’t know was root is, you probably don’t have a rooted tablet or phone.
* Hot Boot: restarts the android GUI (if supported by your rooted system).
* Power Long Press: emulates long pressing the hardware power button.
* Reboot: reboots the device (if supported by your rooted system).
* Reboot Recovery: reboots the device into recovery mode (if supported by your rooted system).
* Shutdown: completely powers down your device
The Hot Boot, Reboot, and Reboot Recovery features rely on busybox and therefore work on most but not all rooted systems. Support for these features depends on the version of busybox installed, and how your rooted system is configured.
WHAT THIS APP DOES NOT DO
* This app cannot power on your tablet or phone’s screen if it’s not in sleep mode. If it is completely shut down, it is impossible for apps to run. Because this is an app, your tablet or phone must be in sleep mode for it to be able to power on the screen.
* This app cannot reboot a tablet or phone that is not rooted.
* This app cannot completely power off a tablet or phone that is not rooted.
*** TABLET/PHONE COMPATIBILITY ***
This app version was tested on ICS, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Jellybean Android OS versions using select Samsung, Arnova, and Craig phones, tablets, and netbooks and runs well. Some phones/tablets might not work properly with this app. If you experience any problems please contact me for support.
Use the app's built-in "Uninstall" button for an easy uninstall. Uninstalling by other methods can fail.
If you contact me for support and I cannot get the app to work on your tablet or phone after a few attempts I will give you a full refund when requested.
Reboot: Restarts the phone.
Recovery: Restarts the phone into recovery.
Download: Restart the phone in download mode.
Bootloader: Restarts to bootloader mode.
Hot Boot: Restarts the Android GUI processes/threads. (required busybox)
Shutdown: Shuts down the phone.
The application needs just 1 permission:
** This application will require root access(SuperUser and busybox). It works on my Galaxy SIII(TouchWiz Rom). I'm not responsible for any damage because of the use of this application. Again: Do not download if you don't want to**
***This application is not an replacement for the stock power menu***
Thanks to Yunlin Xu for the Chinese translation.
Screebl, the battery saver keep your screen on wunderkind, works based on a simple observation: we generally hold our phones or tablets in roughly the same positions when we're using them. Screebl uses the sensors in your mobile device to detect how you're holding it, and when your device is within a configurable range, the screen is kept on. Move out of that range, and Screebl releases the lock and the screen is allowed to go off. Using gravity, screen orientation, and other cues, your screen is kept on when it should be, and turned off when you don't need it. It's simple, but it works amazingly well!
How is Screebl a battery saver? Well, it's simple. On most phones, the screen is the single largest consumer of battery power. With Screebl running you can reduce the average amount of time that your screen is on by only keeping it on when you're ACTUALLY using your phone. The amount of savings can vary significantly by device and usage patterns, but it is not uncommon for users to see savings of 20% or more. See our web site for more details.
★ "Screebl is ingenious..." -- KnowYourMobile.com
★ "Screebl also helps you extend your battery life..." -- AndroidAuthority.com
★ "Screebl is a far more effective way to utilize our screen timeouts..." -- Android Spin.com
★ "Works out of the box..." -- AndroidTap.com
★ "Screebl offers an intelligent solution to the problem of screen control..." -- AndroidGuys.com
★ "Excellent customization..." -- Phandroid.com
✓ PocketLock locks your phone when you put it into your pocket, unlocks when you take it out
✓ AppExceptions let you turn Screebl off when selected apps are running in the foreground
✓ Locale Plug-ins and Tasker integration provide automated control and customization of Screebl
✓ Look-and-feel customization lets you make Screebl look the way YOU want
✓ Better detection algorithms
✓ Screen timeout set from Screebl
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to a start Screebl when phone starts up.
INTERNET - Needed to check for new instructional videos and submit debugging information.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the screen on.
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to update system settings related to screen timeouts.
GET_TASKS - Needed to disable Screebl when selected apps are running (AppExclusions).
BILLING - Needed to allow in-app upgrade of Screebl Lite to Pro.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to check phone state (e.g., in-call, speakerphone on, etc.) to provide in-call behavior (e.g., disable Screebl or lock screen on)
✓ Some phones do NOT deliver sensor events when the screen is off. Examples include some HTC phones, some Sony Xperia phones, and quite a few Motorola phones. PocketLock may not work properly on these phones. See this link for more info: http://www.saltwebsites.com/2012/android-accelerometers-screen-off
✓ PocketLock sometimes causes battery drain on some devices. The effect of the PocketLock feature varies widely from one device to another. The longer that you have PocketLock monitor for removal from your pocket, the more power used. Most devices see a minor increase in power consumption when using PocketLock (4-8%).
✓ Stillness detection doesn't detect small movements on some devices. A few devices have coarse-grained sensors, and movement is not detected well, causing unwanted stillness timeouts. I am working on a fix for this that will be in an upcoming release. Most phones are fine.
✓ Screebl doesn't start when the phone is powered-on. On some HTC phones the "fastboot" capability can cause problems with Screebl starting at power-on. I've done my best to fix this, but it still is a problem on some HTC devices. Screebl must NOT be moved to SD storage.
"To put it simply, Lux kicks the pants off of Android’s stock brightness manager, and it’s worth every cent." - Lifehacker
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor, saving you battery power and reducing eye strain if your phone is normally too bright in dark rooms." - HowToGeek
Lux isn't your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you're in. If you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.
Lux is also able to adjust the screen temperature of your display automatically to make it appropriate for night usage. At sunset, you can have Lux automatically warm your display and switch to your Night profile. If you're an astronomer, you can enable astronomer mode to cut out harsh white light. If you have a root enabled phone, you may even be able to apply these enhancements at a low level with Lux's plug-in system.
Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new 'link' as a reference in future.
Give it a go! I want you to test Lux for more than the 15 minute refund period offered by Google. I understand that some devices may not have the best quality light sensor, and that you may need more time to play around with settings. If you find that Lux doesn't suit you after the 15 minutes is up, you can request a refund within a week of purchase via e-mail - no questions asked.
■ Stable, custom auto brightness with root plug-in support.
■ Use your ambient light sensor or camera(s) to read in ambient light.
■ Subzero brightness for night viewing.
■ Select between Auto, Day, Night, Car and Cinema light profiles
■ Automatic night mode. Change the colour temperature of your display for comfortable night time viewing.
■ Astronomer mode. Adds a red filter to your display to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
■ Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, filters, and linked sample editing.
■ Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode. NOTE: This is broken in Android 5.0 due to API changes beyond my control.
■ Customisable fade for backlight adjustments.
■ Tasker and Locale support
■ Battery efficient.
■ Backup to SD.
■ No ads or other nuisances.
Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.
Want Lux in your language? Join the translation project here:
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS: Used to read in luma values if camera input is selected.
DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: Required for night/astro mode.
READ PHONE STATE: Required to prevent Lux from interfering with phone controls in Android 4.1.
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS: Brightness is a system setting, as is toggling the default auto brightness.
RETRIEVE RUNNING APPS: Required to make the 'sleep list' functionality work, so Lux can disable itself when certain apps are in the foreground.
COARSE LOCATION: Required to automatically calculate sunrise/sunset times.
Need assistance? Have questions? Contact me via the 'Send Feedback' button in Lux settings, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please use the power symbol in the notification to temporarily toggle Lux when using secure views, such as banking apps, VPN and accessibility settings.