TYPE IN TAMIL is a free transliteration tool. Using this app you can type your text in English and get the text
converted to Tamil language. You can share the transliterated text through SMS, Email, Chat or Social Media.
Is TYPE IN TAMIL similar to translation?
No. This app does Transliteration, not translation. That means, if you type in English as 'Vanakkam' you get the
same message as 'வணக்கம்' in Tamil.
Why do I need this app?
There is no greater joy in the world than in sharing our thoughts and feelings in our mother tongue. But, the
device keyboard is not of great help in doing this. This app - TYPE IN TAMIL - comes to your rescue and helps
you to communicate with your world in your language. Communication in your language brings you closer to your
Can I send messages in Tamil by SMS and Email ?
Of Course ! After typing your message, share the converted text through Email, Chat, Social Media, or SMS,
using the Share button.
How do I post Tamil messages in Facebook. Whatsapp and Twitter ?
For Sharing In Apps Like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc Where The Message Does Not Get Pasted
a.) Type the text and after you get the full text in Tamil, press Share button. Then press the Clipboard button.
b.) The text gets copied.
c.) Go to your app. Press for a few seconds (long press) the area where you want to paste Tamil text.
d.) Paste button appears and touch it. Your text is posted to the app.
Does this app work in Kitkat 4.4 devices?
Yes and No. Since latest Kitkat devices have gesture based typing, the transliteration happens only when you
press 'Enter' button and not 'Space bar'. This is surely cumbersome and so is helpful only for short messages.
Or, you need to use some other keyboard app other than default one.
Will this app work in my device?
The app is found to be working in the devices we have checked. But then, there are thousands of Android devices
and each one is built differently. So, best way is to install and check it out for yourself.
BUT, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE A BAD RATING AND REVIEW JUST BECAUSE THE APP DOES NOT WORK IN YOUR DEVICE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND IT IS NOT OUR FAULT !
Anything else I need to know?
Yes. When you install for the first time, the app might take some time to load. So, please be patient. Also,
please note, the will work only when you are online. Please don't give low rating and prevent others from using
this app !
If you like this app, please post your comments here, and if you have a suggestion or criticism to make, please send the same to us by email !
ATTRIBUTION: This app is based on the transliteration codes and APIs of Google™. Google™ is not associated with this product or with the developer in any way. Neither Google™ nor this developer is responsible or liable for any errors, if any, that may appear in the transliteration process. All we, developers, want to do is to help people express better in their language tapping the great potential of the Google™ Transliterate APIs. This app is easy to use and meant for using when connected to the web. Supported by unobtrusive ads.
1. Easy to use – even for elderly people
2. List of frequently used messages in regional language
3. If installed on both side, you can send and receive SMS in regional language
4. Festival messages
If you find that Tamil SMS you need is not present in the application, don’t worry. Please send us email on email@example.com. We will include your messages in the next upgrade.
Please feel free to share any other feedback and we will listen to you.
IMPORTANT: THIS INPUT METHOD WORKS ONLY WITH TAMIL SMS APP AVAILABLE ON ANDROID MARKET AND NOT WITH ANY OTHER
This is an add on for the Tamil SMS Application which allows you to SMS in marathi language!
Download the other app here:
Simply type any tamil word using English keypad and get equivalent English word.
If you type "Kaalai Vanakam" ,app will give you the equivalent English word 'Good Morning'.
Suggestions are welcome to improve the app!
This is an Initial release. Next version of the app will be available with new exciting features in upcoming weeks!!
Note : By using this app, you are automatically agreeing Google translation/transliteration terms of services
SETT Sinhala/Tamil (Sri Lanka/India) web browser is the exclusive Sinhala/Tamil enabled web browser for Android.
Even though your Android does not support Sinhala/Tamil languages, you still can read any Sinhala/Tamil web content with SETT.
SETT Browser comes with an innovative rendering engine which renders Sinhala Tamil using Unicode web fonts. It does NOT use bitmaps unlike OperaMini, so you will not be charged an extra cent for reading Sinhala/Tamil content.
- Faster page loading with optimized text rendering
- Easily switchable multiple-tabs from Action bar
- Search directly from URL tool bar
- Dark attractive user interface
- Supports flash contents (Flash add-on should be installed)
- Sync, Import & Export Bookmarks & History with default browser
- Retrieve bookmarks from Firefox Sync
- Default web browser behavior
Note: This is a trial version of SETT Browser. You can try this trial for 30 days & then activate it.
Compatibility: Sinhala Tamil rendering will not work in Jelly Bean due to an Android bug. If you have Jelly Bean update your Android version to KitKat. You can have perfect Sinhala Tamil rendering on SETT in KitKat.
© 2011-2014 Bhasha Lanka (Pvt) Ltd
It is very easy and quick to use , you just have to say a sentence or write a text and you will see and hear your translation. You can hear the translation as many times as necessary, a written text translated into multiple languages or take a picture of a text and get its translation and all for free.
Features Instant Translator:
- Easy to use and fast.
- Multiple languages... Translation between Text and Audio (Supports 81 languages)
- Translation of Text Files. (Supported formats . Txt)
- Transcript of speech in real time. (Speech to text conversion)
- Recognition of texts through camera photos. (OCR in beta)
- Audio playback of translations.
- Send your translations by Email, WhatsApp, Telegram, Line...
- Copying and pasting text to fast clipboard.
- Setup Menu .
Supported languages for translation :
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian , Azerbaijani (Azeri), Basque, Belarusian, Bengali , Bulgarian , Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese Simpleficado, Chinese Traditional, Croatian , Czech, Danish , Dutch, English , Esperanto, Estonian , Finnish , French , Galician, Georgian , German, Greek , Guyaratí , Haitian Creole , Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi , Hmong, Hungarian , Icelandic , Igbo, Indonesian , Irish , Italian , Japanese , Javanese, Kannada , Khmer (Khmer), Korean , Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian , Macedoneo , Malay , Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian , Persian , Polish , Portuguese , Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian , Slovak , Slovenian, Somali, Spanish , Swahili, Swedish , Tagalog, Tamil , Telugu , Thai, Turkish , Ukrainian , Urdu , Vietnamese , Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu.
Note : Instant Translator uses the Google APIs to perform the translation, because it is necessary that your device has an Internet connection to perform translations.
If the translator is to your liking, we thank you positively qualify for further improvement.
If you find an error , report it so we can fix it at the earliest.
Web : www.flyjam.es
Compatible with Android devices with version 2.3 and above.
Islam Tamil Android Application is the only application with various topics regarding ISLAM in Tamil.
Everyone can access user-friendly.
This may be very useful to us.
Kindly share with your friends and family about this application.
This application will be updated often to add more information and topics about ISLAM.
Offline support for Tanglish to Tamil translator
Type the word and press 'space', then the word will automatically translate to Tamil
QuickTyper feature for Tanglish to Tamil translator
Translates English to Tamil
Two tabs: Tanglish , English
- Type Tanglish in given box.
- When hit on space,the word will replace with corresponding Tamil
- You can select word from suggestions also
- You can copy or share the translated Tamil
- You can enter or paste text in English in given box, then press Translate
- It will translate given English text to Tamil
- You can copy or share the translated Tamil
You can perform Undo also
Long press and drag to 'delete icon' on QuickLauncher to close it
* Translate text into over sixty languages!
* Use the voice recognition feature.
* Save translations in handy vocabularies and consult them at any time.
* Convinient dictionary.
* Conversation mode to communicate with people from other countries.
* Text to Speech tool
* Import/Export your vocabulary to json files and send them over email
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish
* INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To get the translations
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To read/write vocabulary json files
* ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: To collect statistics for better performance
*If you think my is worth for couple of pennies please donate or buy Donate version. Donation will be used for Tamil Eelam re-establishment projects.
Scroll down for updates:!!
Hi to all Tamil lovers.. here the first release of Tamil Unicode Keyboard.
Its a normal Keyboard as usual but you will have another option to convert the Taminglish letters to actual Tamil letters.
Maybe it might useful for some people who want to write Tamil faster than the other Tamil keyboards available in the market.
*********************WHAT IS SO SPECIAL?****************
You don't have to search for the Tamil letters on the Keyboard as you do with the other Tamil Keyboards. Instead you write something like "ammaa" and the [Cnv] button will change it into அம்மா.
This application definitely have some bugs if you find any please notify me. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please rate my work and effort. It will encourage me to give you more projects. And please think about little donation.!1
Swarachakra Tamil (ஸ்வரச்சக்ரா தமிழ்) is a touch-screen keyboard for inputting text in Tamil. (Swarachakra is also available in Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Odia, Punjabi, Bengali and Konkani.) Swarachakra uses a logically ordered design based on the structure of Tamil script. Swarachakra displays the consonants sequenced according to the logical structure of Tamil script, phonetically grouped and arranged in a grid similar to those found in most school textbooks.
Typing with Swarachakra
In Tamil, we frequently need to type a combination of a consonant (க) and a matra (ி) like க + ி = கி. When you touch a consonant, a chakra with combination of consonants and 10 frequent matras pops up (கா, கி, கீ, கு, கூ, கெ, கே, கை...). The chakra gives a preview of the possible character combinations. To select a combination, you slide the stylus or finger towards it.
Complete vowels (அ, ஆ, இ, ஈ, உ, ஊ, எ, ஏ, ஐ...) appear in a separate chakra on the bottom right. The less used vowels and matras are next to it (ஔ, ௌ, ஃ). Numerals, symbols and rarely used characters appear on a shift. You could also switch to the QWERTY keypad temporarily to input English characters.
First, install Swarachakra Tamil by clicking the “Install” button above.
Next, you need to “enable” the keyboard. To enable, open “Settings”, select “Language and Input” and check the box in front of ஸ்வரச்சக்ரா தமிழ் (Swarachakra Tamil) in the “Keyboard and input methods” section.
Finally, click on the “Default” option in the “Keyboard and input methods” section, and select ஸ்வரச்சக்ரா தமிழ் (Swarachakra Tamil) as the default keyboard. (Sorry, but that’s how Android works)
In this appplication you can find following
- What is Marriage Match
- What are the list of Match
- What are Matchs required for life
- Match based on Star - Rassi
- Muhurtham Dates
- Marriage Porutham
- Amavasai, Pournami, Pradosham
- Tamil Daily Calender
List of Matches:
According to Manonmani Vilasa Panchangam following five matches are essential.
• Either one of Dhinam (Every Daily)Match, Ganam(Every Minute) Match.
• Either one of Mahendram, Rasi Match, Nadi Match.
• And all the following three Yoni Match, Rajji Match, Vedhai Match.
The most important match is Rajji. Even if all the other matches are good except Rajji, It is better to avoid matching the horoscopes further.
This means you can translate to and from any language in any app. It is a complete keyboard that has a single button added for translation. Works in Whatsapp, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, or any app that uses a keyboard.
The translate button has two flags on it, showing the current selected languages for translation. A single click on the button is all that is needed for a translation straight away. Change the language setting? Just do a long press, change the languages, and the button will show the new flags.
No more copying and pasting translations! Just a single click and you are done, in any app, for (almost) any language.
Note that Translator Keyboard needs an internet connection to work (this can be either wifi, 2g, 3g, or 4g).
This is the perfect and useful application to all Tamil speaking people & Tamil lovers!
1) Daily view, Month view, Rasipalan for all 365 days & Horoscope chart
2) Gives you Auspicious days, Rahukalam, Yamagandam & Kuligai
3) Indication of Amavasai, Pournami, Pradosham, Karthigai, Ekadasi, Chaturthi, Shivaratri for the whole year
4) List of holidays (list of Hindu festival days, Christian festival days, Muslim festival days & government holidays)
5) Subha Muhurtham days in 2015
6) List of important fasting days
7) Indru Oru Thagaval (இன்று ஒரு தகவல்)
8) Wishes / Messages (வாழ்த்துக்கள்), with one tap you can send creative SMS to your friends
9) கௌரி பஞ்சாங்கம்(Gowri Panchangam), கௌரி நல்ல நேரம்(Gowri Nalla Neram)
10) Monthly Rasi Palan
11) Vasthu & Kari Naal included
12) List of Astrologers, Numerologists & Pandits near you!
13) Todo list
16) Offers - to serve you better with discounts & deals
17) English view option is available, you can change to this option in Settings screen
18) Local notification will keep you up-to-date regarding festivals & auspicious days
19) Om Classifieds is included - which contains contact details for all wedding needs & other services in & around Chennai & other parts of Tamilnadu & Bangalore. Contact details in this Tamil Marriage Classifieds is increasing over the time. So if your are one among them, fill the form and get listed in Om Classifieds.
According to Tamil calendar, years 2014 - 2015 is called Vijaya Varudam, you will get all important information about this years with this app.
"Tamil Calendar 2014" was renamed as "Om Tamil Calendar" to serve you better even in future!
Om Tamil Calendar is the Hindu Calendar targeted for Tamil people.
Your feedbacks and suggestions are welcome! Our support email : email@example.com
Kindly recommend & share this app to your friends!
Like us: https://www.facebook.com/mobilecalendar