This app is centered around the basic question "[expletive of choice], am I gonna miss the BART?". Enter your most traveled routes and receive a real-time listing of upcoming departures in one click. Unlike most apps, the estimated time until departure actually counts down second-by-second, so you'll know just how fast you need to run to the station! Note that estimated departure times are, in fact, estimates, though the general accuracy of an estimate is shown beneath the countdown. After a minute or so, the accuracy of the estimates should automatically increase.
Unique features of this app:
* Streamlined for experienced BART commuters
* Real-time departure info refreshes automatically, and the accuracy of the departure estimates increases over time
* Estimated arrival times
* Pick which train you want to board, and information about that departure will be available in your notification tray.
* Set a departure alarm to go off a few minutes before your train leaves (you pick how much advance warning you want)
* Routes are entered with both the origin station and the destination station, so the real-time departures listing only lists trains that will actually get you to your destination
* Phone will not sleep while viewing departure times (the screen will only dim), so you only need a quick glance at the phone to see how long you have left to catch the train
* Zoomable offline system map
* Fares and next departure time are shown in the saved route listing
* No ads and open source; Built purely for the love of programming, and because I didn't like any of the other BART apps out there
If you have any bugs to report or suggestions for the app, please email them to email@example.com. I can't guarantee that I'll have a chance to respond to every email, but I'll do my best!
NOTE TO GALAXY S USERS:
I'm aware of an issue with that specific phone model that causes the app to crash consistently. I'm working hard on a fix, so keep your eyes out for an update! Meanwhile, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer some time to help me track down the problem.
Super BART features
✓ Clean and Modern design built from the ground up for today's Android phones.
✓ Combines BART and Caltrain schedules seamlessly
✓ Realtime departures from any BART station
✓ Offline Caltrain schedules
✓ Save your trips for easy access later
✓ Optional sticky notifications telling you when your train leaves
✓ Offline system maps for BART and Caltrain
✓ View fares for every trip
✓ Scroll through schedules for the day, why limit yourself to a time frame?
✓ Reverse origin and destination stations with one click when it's time to go home.
✓ Select your route using Google Maps
✓ Intelligent BART <> Caltrain transfer detection, tap Caltrain to get a schedule for just the right time
If you live in, or are just visiting the San Francisco Bay Area, you need Super BART right now.
There's a lot more coming.
Email if you have questions/problems.
- Real-time train arrivals
- Save Favorites stations for quick access
- View BART Map
- Get Service Advisories
- Schedules/Trip Planner
Please rate the app and give feedback to help improve the app. Email email@example.com for feature request.
* Fixed bug on minutes selector
* Retrieve route info through departure time
* Improved retrieval time
* Added close button to popup
* Improved start up time
* Fixed loading popup not showing from favorite page
* Ads Free
* Fast retrieval of Real-time departure information
* Retrieve current train information between 2 stations
* Save favorite route(2 stations) for fast retrieval
* Designed for BART commuters who only need the essential functions
The main screen lists favorite routes that you define.
Simply click the menu to add new favorites. Long pressing on a favorite will bring up an Edit and Delete menu.
Tapping on a favorite will display the current departure times to get to where you want to go.
Clicking on one of the train's routes will then display any transfers for the route to your destination.
QuickBART = Quick BART Android Routing Tool
For each BART station, the application provides real time estimates for train arrival times (in minutes) by communicating in real time with BART's official servers.
The application also supplies information on where each train is heading (northbound or southbound, the final station of the train) and on which platform to expect each train.
BART Me Up! was solely created and programmed by Daniel Chermetz.
a Daniel Chermetz production
How you ever wondered how fast your elevator is? How tall you building is? Then try new Elevator Measurement.
Just go inside an elevator, prepare you phone, it can be in any position, press "Start" on the phone, don't move the phone and press a button on your elevator. Wait till the elevator stops and on your phone you can read speed and distance of your elevator journey.
Also in settings you can adjust some values to fit the elevator you are measuring. Number of samples stands for how many samples it takes and Tolerance is a constant for each elevator to have good values, just play a little with it.
If you have an idea how to improve this app, just send me an email!
1.Trip Planner with fare and bike info
2. Recent Trips*
3. Real time departures with train lengths
4. Favorite Trips and Stations.
5. Routes and Stations with maps
6. Google Maps with Street view and directions
7. BART Advisory info
8. Fare calculator including support for Senior, RTC and Youth fares.
9. Nearby Stations, quick access to check real time departures.
- Please note that Real time departures and Trip Planner timing information is directly provided by BART. Accuracy of timing info depends on BART servers. Please use the app for the estimating / planning purpose and don't expect 100% accuracy.
- Application requires Internet access to work.
* - Recent Trips and Recent Fares work in offline mode ( without internet access ) so you can plan ahead in case you anticipate network issues.
Your feedback is always welcome. Keep it coming to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much.
Key features include
- Auto refresh of real-time departures.
- Shows number of cars and bike allowance for each train.
- Shows the type of service advisory. User can click on hyperlink to get more information.
- Save your trips as favorites.
- Select any of your favorite trip as your morning/evening commute.
- Options to use route color in estimates display, limit number of estimates and configure auto refresh interval.
Once you configure your morning/evening commutes, all you have to do is to start the app and get the real-time updates.
This is a app developed by and for Bart commuters.