This app is centered around the basic question "[expletive of choice], am I gonna miss the BART?". Enter your most traveled routes and receive a real-time listing of upcoming departures in one click. Unlike most apps, the estimated time until departure actually counts down second-by-second, so you'll know just how fast you need to run to the station! Note that estimated departure times are, in fact, estimates, though the general accuracy of an estimate is shown beneath the countdown. After a minute or so, the accuracy of the estimates should automatically increase.
Unique features of this app:
* Streamlined for experienced BART commuters
* Real-time departure info refreshes automatically, and the accuracy of the departure estimates increases over time
* Estimated arrival times
* Pick which train you want to board, and information about that departure will be available in your notification tray.
* Set a departure alarm to go off a few minutes before your train leaves (you pick how much advance warning you want)
* Routes are entered with both the origin station and the destination station, so the real-time departures listing only lists trains that will actually get you to your destination
* Phone will not sleep while viewing departure times (the screen will only dim), so you only need a quick glance at the phone to see how long you have left to catch the train
* Zoomable offline system map
* Fares and next departure time are shown in the saved route listing
* No ads and open source; Built purely for the love of programming, and because I didn't like any of the other BART apps out there
If you have any bugs to report or suggestions for the app, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can't guarantee that I'll have a chance to respond to every email, but I'll do my best!
NOTE TO GALAXY S USERS:
I'm aware of an issue with that specific phone model that causes the app to crash consistently. I'm working hard on a fix, so keep your eyes out for an update! Meanwhile, please contact me at email@example.com if you can volunteer some time to help me track down the problem.
Super BART features
✓ Clean and Modern design built from the ground up for today's Android phones.
✓ Combines BART and Caltrain schedules seamlessly
✓ Realtime departures from any BART station
✓ Offline Caltrain schedules
✓ Save your trips for easy access later
✓ Optional sticky notifications telling you when your train leaves
✓ Offline system maps for BART and Caltrain
✓ View fares for every trip
✓ Scroll through schedules for the day, why limit yourself to a time frame?
✓ Reverse origin and destination stations with one click when it's time to go home.
✓ Select your route using Google Maps
✓ Intelligent BART <> Caltrain transfer detection, tap Caltrain to get a schedule for just the right time
If you live in, or are just visiting the San Francisco Bay Area, you need Super BART right now.
- Real-time train arrivals
- Save Favorites stations for quick access
- View BART Map
- Get Service Advisories
- Schedules/Trip Planner
Please rate the app and give feedback to help improve the app. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for feature request.
There's a lot more coming.
Email if you have questions/problems.
For each BART station, the application provides real time estimates for train arrival times (in minutes) by communicating in real time with BART's official servers.
The application also supplies information on where each train is heading (northbound or southbound, the final station of the train) and on which platform to expect each train.
BART Me Up! was solely created and programmed by Daniel Chermetz.
a Daniel Chermetz production
The main screen lists favorite routes that you define.
Simply click the menu to add new favorites. Long pressing on a favorite will bring up an Edit and Delete menu.
Tapping on a favorite will display the current departure times to get to where you want to go.
Clicking on one of the train's routes will then display any transfers for the route to your destination.
QuickBART = Quick BART Android Routing Tool
* Fixed bug on minutes selector
* Retrieve route info through departure time
* Improved retrieval time
* Added close button to popup
* Improved start up time
* Fixed loading popup not showing from favorite page
* Ads Free
* Fast retrieval of Real-time departure information
* Retrieve current train information between 2 stations
* Save favorite route(2 stations) for fast retrieval
* Designed for BART commuters who only need the essential functions
After creating a "commute schedule" (much like setting up your daily alarm) bartCommuter will automatically retrieve train arrival times AND your destination arrival time upon opening the application. No more selecting your station every time. Instantly see your destination arrival time and know that you can have one more cup of coffee. Or, more likely, know that you better start running!
While bartCommuter gives you a lot of information, it won't give you too much either. Arrival times of trains you won't take do not display. The information you do see is relevant and easy to read, with large text.
You can also view a high resolution Bart map with pinch-to-zoom functionality.
Give it a try!
keywords: Bay area rapid transit, bart, commute, commuter, travel, schedule
**With this application you don't receive any speed camera database as default (see notes)**
Speed Trap is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speed-Trap/718386398185978
- Free application
- No ads
- Vocal and sound advice with range indication and "ceased alert"
- You can update the "poi" list at whatever time
- The data upload is done via file, so you can modify it adding or removing points
- No extra authorization
- Search via angular sectors
- You can configure: fixed and mobile speed camera, overtaking checkers, traffic light T-Red, mean speed checkers and speed boxes
- Indication of database items loaded and last update date/time
- It works offline
- Turn on your screen only when needed [android 2.2+]
- You can start automatically an app according to your preferences
Would you like to have this app translated in your language? Help us to translate it!
If you want more, then you can use Speed Trap Pro. It adds a map editor to add/remove points, no traffic zones, advice with vibration, file concatenation, activation widget from home and lock screen, auto start/stop with bluetooth, integration with Locale/Tasker and much more!
Application works with the following file format:
The speed field is not mandatory.
You can transform into csv format from other formats for example from: http://www.gps-data-team.com/convert.php
You can download points from here for example: http://www.scdb.info or http://www.poiplaza.com/ or http://www.poi-factory.com/
Speed Trap doesn't connect to any site. The author is not involved with any sites, the sites mentioned are not an advice or a constraint, you can use any data sources.
The detection accuracy can change according to some parameters: with a bigger detection range and a bigger sector angle, you can receive alerts for example for speed camera near to you but not on the same road. On the other hand you increase the detection probability. You can adjust the parameters whatever you want according to your preferences.
You can send me an email for questions/feedbacks.
Terms of service
This application uses software with LGPL license: http://home.wlu.edu/~levys/software/kd/.
There is no warranty for the program, to the extent permitted by law. Except when otherwise stated in writing the author provides the program "as-is" without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with you. Should the program prove defective, you assume the cost of all necessary servicing and/or repair.
Try Lyft for a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Just tap a button, and in minutes you’ll be picked up by a friendly driver who’ll take you to your destination safely and on time.
In addition to an awesome pink mustache:
✓ All Lyft drivers pass comprehensive background and DMV checks
✓ Drivers are rated by passengers, only the highest rated drivers allowed on the road
✓ Up to $1M excess liability insurance
Lyft is the only service where your next friend could be in the driver seat. Install now and get your next ride with Lyft!
What people are saying about Lyft:
“Lyft is the cheapest ride in the cities where it operates.” - Fortune
“Many young residents have embraced Lyft as a cheaper, more reliable and, well, more fun way to get around the city.” - New York Times
“Lyft is a real community — with both the drivers and riders being inherently social — making real friendships and saving money.” - Time
"As a passenger based on our test, it was way easier to find a Lyft driver than a yellow taxi." - USA Today
"Lyft announced Happy Hour, a feature that will give users discounts of up to 50% on rides" - LA Times