Under the overall aegis of ASEAN-India Science, Technology and Innovation Cooperation Program, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of the Government of India has entrusted the job to manage and coordinated the ASEAN-India Innovation Platform (Research Innovation component) to National Research Development Corporation (NRDC).
NRDC shall create and develop a databank of technologies/ Innovations etc available in India and ASEAN Members States under single platform and make available for transfer and commercialization for Indian as well as ASEAN entrepreneurs. The proposed data bank will link existing data banks/portal of available technologies in the ASEAN and Indian region.
Besides developing the data bank, NRDC will undertake other tasks like selection and validation of technologies through expert committees for identifying the potential technologies for transfer in ASEAN members to Indian entrepreneurs and vice versa; to perform need analysis of technological requirements by organizing annual meets in India of ASEAN members; follow-up meets to update and review; and organizing capacity building training programme on Technology and intellectual property management.
The ASEAN-India Innovation Platform (AIIP) is a major element of the enhanced the ASEAN-India S&T Development Fund, which is a part of ASEAN-India Science & Technology Collaboration. The AIIP comprises of following 3 sub-components-
· Social Innovations (being coordinated by National Innovation Foundation)
· Research Innovations (being coordinated by NRDC)
· Product Innovation (being coordinated by FICCI)
The Major objective of the AIIP Research Innovation portal is:
· Creation of extensive database/research work and Intellectual properties.
· Creation of a single platform to access the technologies developed in India and ASEAN countries.
· Facilitation of technology seekers and technology owners through a interactive and dynamic portal.
· Bridging the technological gap between inventor, industry, manufacturers & academia of ASEAN countries.
· Helping the member countries in networking with people to share ideas, experiences, problems faced and their solutions.
· To work as a single source of Information for ASEAN countries about inclusive innovation, sectors such as health, education, food and agriculture, environment and natural resources, science and technology etc. are the thrust area.
· Helping at networking the industries of ASEAN and India with the IP knowledge bases for employment and wealth creation.