With Android Camera Guides from QuickPro, you'll never have to miss the shot of your life again. Now you have ready to go instruction of all Canon 60D camera functions where you need it and when you need it.
This tutorial provides:
- Instructional video on all aspects of the Canon EOS 60D camera and photography.
- On the go video playback. No WIFI required after initial install for watching in the field.
- 60D Camera Overview
- Camera Parts
- Charging & Inserting the Battery
- Mount/Dismount the Lens
- Install Memory Cards
- Formatting Memory Cards
- Adjusting the Diopter
- Auto Mode
- Flash Off Mode
- Creative Auto Mode
- Shoot by Ambiance
- Portrait Mode
- Landscape Mode
- Close Up Mode
- Sports Mode
- Night Portrait Mode
- Image Playback
- Elements of Exposure
- Program AE Mode
- Shutter Speed and ISO
- TV - Shutter Priority Mode
- AV Aperture Priority Mode
- Manual Mode
- Bulb Exposure
- Live View Shooting
- Recording Movies
- Auto Focus Modes
- Manual Focus
- Camera Shake
- Avoiding Digital Noise
- Drive Modes
- RAW vs. JPEG
- Setting Image Quality
- Using Picture Styles
- White Balance
- Metering Modes
- Lighting Basics
- Built in Flash Modes
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- Angle and Magnification
- Choosing a Lens
- Elements of Composition
- Rule of Thirds
- Portrait Scenario
- Landscape Scenario
- Sporting Event Scenario
This product is not sponsored by Canon, Corp. or its subsidiaries. Canon Product Names and terminology are trademarks of Canon, Corp.
As you view live images from the camera in EOS Remote, you can remotely set the focus, adjust shooting values, and release the shutter.
You can also browse images on the camera's memory card, select images, and save them to your device.
Take EOS Remote along with your camera to enjoy photography in more ways.
- Access Wi-Fi–equipped EOS cameras wirelessly over a local network connection.
- Remotely adjust shooting values on EOS cameras: Av, Tv, ISO, and exposure values.
- Remotely select AF point positions, adjust focus, and release the shutter.
- Remotely browse, delete, and rate still images and movies shot with EOS cameras.
- Save images shot with EOS cameras to your device.
- Share images for which device-specific remote viewing restrictions have been configured on EOS cameras.
- Establish a direct connection with EOS cameras in Camera access point mode, in addition to Infrastructure mode connections.
Canon EOS digital cameras
- EOS 6D (WG)/(W) , EOS 70D (W)
- Android OS 2.3.3 – 4.2
* Note: Operation not guaranteed on tablets.
Supported File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, and MOV files shot with compatible cameras
- Images will be resized to an optimal size for your device.
- MOV files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved to your device.
- Compatible cameras cannot be accessed from multiple devices at once.
- Remote capture of movies is not supported.
Currently tested with the Canon EOS 7D and the WFT-E5 transmitter - but should work with any Canon DSLR and transmitter capable of UPNP MediaServ mode.
Icon created by austin123 (http://austin123.deviantart.com/#/d1a3cj9)
The detailed information of the lens including MTF chart, Image Stabilizer capability, Weather Sealed or not, Filter size, Internal focusing, Number of specialty glasses used, Hood model and Country of Origin. Meanwhile, you can filter your selections to narrow down the list and sort it with your preference even by Released Year, MSRP, and Number of Fluorite glasses used and PhotoZone ratings.
This is not only a tool finding the lens that fit you the most, but also explore and manage the CanonLenses that in your possession.
1. Remove ADs.
2. Bug fix: some devices could crash on start-up.
1. Barcode scanner
2. Bug fix
1. New UI
2. Lens MTF and construction chart.
3. New Lens: Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM.
1. New Language: Japanese.
2. Save your filter settings.
3. New Lenses: Canon 35mm F2 IS USM, Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO HSM /OS.
1. Focal Length Chart
2. Lists: My Lenses list and Wish list.
3. Two new lenses: Canon EF 24-70 F4L, Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM.
1. New Function: Download the images while needed, save your disk space!! (around 5mb is needed)
2. New Lenses: Samyang lenses are now online!
3. New Cameras: EOS-M & EOS 6D.
4. PhotoZone Ratings: You can sort base on PhotoZone ratings, and show lenses that recommended by PhotoZone.
5. New Info: Country of Origin.
<0.3.1>: Major bug fix, problem while showing lens info according to your camera.
<0.2.0>: Re-design the filter screen to fit on mobile phones.
<0.1.0>: Canon, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and Zeiss lenses are included. Functions are: Lenses lineup, Filtering selection, Settings and Item detail. Users can setup the camera, currency and units they would like to see.
This application provides the following features to utilize images stored in a compatible Canon Compact Digital Camera:
1) Browse and playback images from your camera using your Android device.
2) Save one or multiple images to the Android device (You can also save images using the camera’s interface)
3) Use the Share option to share your images online via installed services such as E-mail and Facebook (requires access to a Wi-Fi network connected to the internet).
4) Acquire location information and add it to images on the camera (Only compatible camera)
5) Remote shooting with Android device touch operation (Only compatible camera)
6) Support for NFC equipped device (Only compatible camera)
Canon Compact Digital Cameras
PowerShot S110, IXUS 245 HS, PowerShot SX280 HS, PowerShot N, PowerShot ELPH 330 HS/IXUS 255 HS, PowerShot ELPH 130 IS/IXUS 140, PowerShot ELPH 120 IS/IXUS 135, PowerShot A3500 IS, PowerShot G16, PowerShot S120, PowerShot S200, PowerShot SX510 HS, PowerShot G1 X Mark II, PowerShot SX700 HS, PowerShot SX600 HS, PowerShot N100, PowerShot ELPH 340 HS/IXUS 265 HS
*You can either connect the camera directly to the device (set the camera as a simplified access point) or join an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
PowerShot ELPH 530 HS/ IXUS 510 HS, PowerShot ELPH 320 HS/ IXUS 240 HS
*Connection is possible only by joining an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
Android 2.3.3-2.3.7/4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3 (Tablets: 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3)
*Devices without GPS cannot use the location information tagging function.
Compatible File Types
[Transfer / Share images]
JPEG (photos), MP4 (video) and MOV (video) files shot with the above compatible models.
*The following application is required to transfer/convert the MOV files.
Canon Movie Converter
[Add location information]
JPEG (photos), CR2, MP4 (video) and MOV (video) files shot with the above compatible models.
If CameraWindow cannot connect to the camera, stop the application using “Manage applications” which can be found in the Settings menu of the Android device and start it again by pressing the CameraWindow icon.
Face ID function will record registered people's names to the images. Therefore, be careful when posting images online where others can view them.
*This application is not guaranteed to operate on all Android devices.
*Visit your local Canon Web pages for more details.
* Discover how different lenses affect your photography, with clearly explained video tutorials
* Browse Canon lenses by category, subject matter and example photos
* Enjoy inspirational photographs from leading professional photographers, each accompanied by information
about the lens type and camera settings used
* Learn how to use your EOS and get creative with different shooting modes and camera settings
Because all cameras and lens yield a very different picture quality at different apertures, ISO speeds or focal lengths, all these Exif parameters can be viewed to help you learn to take good photos.
+ Filter Flickr photos by selecting different Canon EOS camera model.
+ Sort results by relevance,interestingness or date.
+ View detailed Exif info. like ISO speeds, aperture, shutter speed etc..
+ Zoom in / out of picture.
+ search on photo tags (keywords).
*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
· Manage your photos and movies with 10GB of personal online storage.
· Create albums with your photos and movies, and share them with your family and friends via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
· Allow family or friends to add their photos and movies on shared albums and view their comments.
· Store images in their original resolution or select a resize option.
· Upload photos from your mobile device directly to your Online Photo Album.
· Download photos and movies from your Online Photo Album directly to your mobile device.
[About CANON iMAGE GATEWAY]
· CANON iMAGE GATEWAY is an online photo service for Canon digital camera and digital camcorder users. It is possible to use the service by registering with an eligible product.
· For more details, please access the site by selecting your country/region from http://canon.com/cig/.
You can view all the lenses at once or you can view lenses in a selected category. You have the ability to sort by aperture, minimum focal length and ESP (Estimated Retail Price).
Each lens has a detail page which provides links to the Canon web page detailing the lens, reviews of the lens from third parties (if available - brand new lenses might not have reviews yet) and information on where to rent the lens in the US (if available).
• A button guide teaches you about the EOS 1200D’s controls
• Explore the basics of DSLR photography with video tutorials
• Learn how to apply principles of photography with step-by-step exercises
• Find solutions to common photographic problems
• Be inspired by photo challenges
Whether via infrared, by wire or via Bluetooth, DSLR Remote enables you to take timer controlled exposure series (e.g. for time lapse), long time exposures or exposure sequences in the context of High Dynamik Range photography. If you are not using a device with a supported built-in IR sender (see below) all you need is a small, inexpensive and easy to build hardware, which is then connected to the ear phone jack of your smartphone (and a commercially available Bluetooth stereo headset if you want remote control via Bluetooth). You will find detailed instructions on how to build the required hardware on the authors website (http://bitshift.funpic.de).
Possible functions (among others) are:
1. Simple Remote control
2. Delayed Shots
3. Series of shots with fixed interval (e.g for time lapse)
4. Bulb exposures
5. Combinations from 2., 3. and 4.
6. High-Dynamic-Range-Sequences (HDR)
7. Time controlled HDR-Sequences (Combination of Timer and HDR)
8. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the ambient light sensor on your smartphone (keyword: light barrier)
9. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the internal or an external microphone
In various models Canon seems to limit the precision of the bulb mode to one second. So HDR exposures below 1 second and/or with a fraction of a second (as 1.5 sec) are rounded to the full second. DSLR Remote can't do anything about that! Reported models so far: 400D, 500D, 550D, 5D II.
NEW: Kitkat (Android 4.4.2) support!
Using a built-in IR sender:
DSLR Remote should work with the built-in IR sender of the followig devices (don't forget to choose the right camera brand and to switch your camera into remote mode):
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
Samsung Galaxy MEGA
There seems to be a bug in some/all Samsung devices: in power saving mode the IR blaster doesn't work correctly! So, make sure to switch your device into normal (non-power saving) mode before using DSLR Remote.
HTC One [M7]
With integration of the Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) IR API DSLR Remote should work with all devices with a built-in IR Blaster supported by the Kitkat IR API.
Support of a built-in IR sender on Sony or LG devices
Unfortunately neither the Sony nor the LG native IR API provide the feature needed by any remote app like DSLR Remote, as is deploying its own IR codes as data with the app. The only thing possible in both API is using codes learned from physical remotes or codes supplied with the phone/tablet. If your device doesn't run Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) or Kitkat doesn't support the built-in IR hardware of your device, please use a IR dongle or cable release hardware as described on the DSLR Remote website.
Using DSLR Remote hardware:
Caution: a few smartphone types do not output high enough volume on their ear phone jack to make the infrared harware work properly. In addition a few camera types (e.g. Canon EOS 550D) are still not properly controlled remotely via the infrared receiver. In that case you might want to choose the cable control (transistors) instead.
If it doesn't work for you, feel free to contact the author, instead of voting one star. Contact information is given on the said website (http://bitshift.funpic.de).
+++ Technical specifications of hundreds of lenses and cameras
+++ Thousands of technical reviews from reputed sites such as dpreview, the-digital-picture, photozone.de, ...
+++ High Quality Sample Images taken by cameras and lenses (from Flickr and 500px), zoom feature supported
+++ Most updated price from Amazon.com
Like to have digireview in your own language? Please help with the translation at http://www.getlocalization.com/digireview/
The app provides the following features
- List of all DSLR / mirrorless cameras and lenses in Canon, Nikon, Sony, Micro Four Third (Olympus and Panasonic), Fujifilm X lineup plus third parties' lenses with support for Offline browsing.
- Smart filter with a lot of options for easy look up and discovery.
- Detail technical specification of each camera and lens plus option to compare it side by side with other similar cameras and lenses.
- Link to lens reviews from reputed review sites such as dpreview, the-digital-picture, photozone and lenstip.
- View sample images taken by the camera or lens from other photographers. Contain options to filter by categories/topic such as landscape, portrait, bokeh, ...
- Check lastest camera and lens price from Amazon.com.
- Keep up to date with latest rumour and news of upcoming Canon and Nikon imaging products.
- Bookmark feature allowing easy tracking of your current gear and wish list
Keywords: Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, Lumix, Pen, Fujifilm, cameras, digital, DSLR, mirrorless, lenses, Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, Carl Zeiss.
If you like the app, please support the development of it by buying the no advertisement version of the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.diaphragm.pro
If you face any bug or problem, please feel free to contact me by email or using the "Send Feedback" feature of the app. Please do not feedback on Google Play comment as I cannot reply you. Please describe your problem and include your device name, your Android version as well. I will do my best to help.
This app is developed base on my own experiences as a photographer looking for and shopping the right lenses for my need. So hopefully it will meet the need of other fellow photographers out there as well.
If you like my application please support by rating the app and spreading words to your friends. If you have any feedback or suggestion please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will keep it update with new content and features in the next releases. Stay tuned