The GRACE 2.0 ACS Risk Calculator provides the percentage probability of death or death/MI at time-points up to 3 years following admission with an acute coronary syndrome, and is designed to help clinicians decide on appropriate treatment options for patients with ACS.
This updated calculator provides more accurate non-linear computations and an updated interface for mobile devices, providing rapid and intuitive risk assessment. Additional features include:
• Population histograms with high-, medium- and low-risk markers
• New 1- and 3-year calculations
• New calculations provide probabilities directly, bypassing scores
• Adjusted “Mini-GRACE” algorithm (for use when serum creatinine and Killip class may not be available)
• The GRACE 2.0 ACS Risk Calculator app has been defined as a medical device under the Medical Device Directive (MDD) 93/42/EEC and has been CE-marked to indicate compliance with the Directive
The GRACE 2.0 ACS Risk Calculator uses the following powerfully predictive clinical risk factors to calculate the probability of adverse events:
• heart rate
• systolic blood pressure
• creatinine levels*
• Killip class*
• ST-segment deviation
• elevated troponin or other cardiac biomarkers
• cardiac arrest at admission
*Substitute factors (renal failure, diuretic use) may be used when creatinine measurements or Killip class are unavailable. The calculator automatically implements the adjusted “mini-GRACE” algorithm in such cases.
The GRACE Risk Score has been extensively and independently validated, but any medical decision must be based on a complete clinical assessment and not on the use of this risk calculator in isolation. Developed by AS&K Communications for the University of Edinburgh and University of Massachusetts Medical School.