You also have the option to show the signal strength as a percentage on your device's task bar.
The app is constantly updating the signal strength so you can walk around your house, work, or anywhere your connected to WiFi to find the best connection.
Never lose your wifi password again
this app only works for default password in some modems.
this is not for hacking wifi free networks, neither for free wifi, its for recovery purposes.
support next networks
WLAN_XXXX, JAZZTEL_XXXX, WLAN_6X, YaCom_6X,Megared-XXXX, AXTEL-XXXX,, InterCable6X, InterCableXXXX, INFINITUM6X, INFINITUMXXXX, MAXCOMXXXX, mega cable
do not use in wrong way, the app can change your wifi settings.
This app can turn on your wifi
this app its like wifi hacker prank, or wifi hack joke, but functional.
You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device or when you enter a specified location. Also, the app can regularly scan for available networks to connect to and re-disable WiFi if no suitable network is found. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the device.
WiFi Automatic is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Automatic
* Featured on Life Hacker, PC World & Android Central and recommended by Motorola! The ORIGINAL, best, steadiest and most popular WiFi file transfer app with now over 1 million users across all app stores worldwide! *
Browse, transfer, download, upload, delete, copy, rename, stream and manage files that are on your Android device, using a web browser via a WiFi connection.
No more taking your phone apart to get the SD card out or grabbing your cable to access your camera pictures and copy across your favourite MP3s.
"I wholeheartedly recommend going the wireless route with WiFi File Explorer!" - PC World review - 5 stars.
"Best couple of bucks I ever spent." - Top app of 2011 - from Android Central's Jerry Hildenbrand.
1. Using a web browser, you can browse and download all the files on your Android device without the need for a cable. Download entire directories with one click which no other similar app offers;
2. Multiple batch file uploads and downloads to save you time when transferring many files at once from your computer to your Android device or vice-versa;
3. Backup your entire SD card or just backup individual directories with one simple click – for example, backup all your photos just by downloading the Camera directory!
4. Download a streaming media playlist to allow you to quickly flick through and stream all the stored media files in a directory into a media player on your computer. This is a unique feature not offered by other apps;
5. Create brand new directories and delete/rename/copy/zip/unzip files - the perfect file manager;
6. Use the one of a kind gallery viewer to create a slide show of all your camera pictures directly from your Android device. Simply click on a picture’s file name to launch the gallery viewer and then hit the play button to enjoy all your pictures in the web browser;
7. Search box so that you can find any file on your Android device;
8. Select between thumbnail and detail views to choose the best method to quickly browse your files. Thumbnails are supported for both pictures AND videos!
9. It is also uniquely an installer, so automatically install app files with just once click in the web browser;
10. With with one simple click you can set any audio file on your device to become your ringtone;
11. View all the camera pictures and videos or listen to all the music on your Android device streamed directly in a web browser. Use shortcut tabs to quickly view ‘All Music’, ‘All Pictures’ and ‘All Videos’ stored on your device, no matter which directory they are in;
12. Runs as a service in the background so you can use other apps while you are making transfers;
13. Simple to use with no set up or buttons – it just works!
14. Password protected to prevent unwanted access;
15. Ability to configure the port settings;
16. Full support for special characters in file names which competitor apps do not support;
17. Visual indicators and stats of how much free space is on your Android device as well as real-time indicators of how much battery and WiFi signal you currently have;
18. Send an email to the web link from the app for easy connection;
19. Special “Development Goodies” mode to enable SSL protection – email developer for details!
20. LOTS more features in development;
* Before emailing, check FAQs at http://dooblou.blogspot.com *
* Follow @dooblou on Twitter for all the latest news and updates as they occur *
* Find us on Facebook – Search for ‘WiFi File Explorer’ *
If you do have problems using this application on your WiFi network, it is most likely a configuration problem with your router/network. Please contact the developer if you have any questions and he may be able to help you ... but please don't rate low because your network isn't configured properly - that isn't the application’s fault ;)
The widget will show the name of your WiFi router (SSID) including the connection status of your WiFi and the link speed.
When the bottom edge colour of the widget shows:
RED - It means that your WiFi is switched OFF (WiFi mode disabled on your phone)
BLUE - It means that it's switched ON (this state could either mean "ON and connected" to a hotspot OR "ON and waiting" for a connection).
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU'VE INSTALLED IT:
Please note that this is a widget and NOT an application, so you will not see it listed on your application list (app drawer).
After you have installed this widget from the Google Play store, you will need to navigate to your widget list in order to place it on your home screen.
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET:
To turn the WiFi on/off - Press on the circular section of the widget (on the LEFT half , where the signal strength graphic is shown)
To quickly navigate to the phone's WiFi menu (to see a list of WiFi hotspots) - Press anywhere on the text located on the RIGHT half.
As you can expect, we cannot test this widget on every available Android phone out in the market, so we can guarantee normal functionality only on the devices listed below mostly running on Gingerbread and JellyBean versions. Please do feel free to try this on other devices and give us your feedback if you have any issue so it will help us improve this further and support more devices.
Google Galaxy Nexus
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 7
Google Nexus One
Google Nexus S
HTC Desire S
Huawei MediaPad 10FHD
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Sharp AQUOS SH80F
Sharp AQUOS Zeta
Sony Xperia Z
If you experience problems with this widget on devices not listed above, then please give us a chance to fix the issue first by emailing us, instead of giving us a bad review.
For a full explanation of why SkipLock was created, see this blog post: http://benhirashima.com/posts/the-rebirth-of-unlock-with-wifi/
This app is NOT the unlock key for SkipLock. Do not buy this app if you want to use SkipLock.
Tired of entering your password every time you turn on your phone? Unlock With WiFi™ unlocks your phone when you're connected to your home WiFi network. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?
Unlock With WiFi is the leading password convenience app on the market. It's focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn't quite right.
How it works:
When you get home and connect to your WiFi network, your device will unlock. Then when you leave, and the WiFi disconnects, the device will lock again. You have to enter your password the first time after you connect to your WiFi network. This is so that if someone steals or finds your phone, they can't just bring it to your house to unlock it. After you enter your password once while connected to your WiFi network, you won't have to enter it again until you leave/disconnect. This is great for SMS texting!
You can also set a lock delay, for when you're not at home. The default delay is set to 5 seconds (you can adjust it), so when you turn the screen off, the device won't lock until 5 seconds have passed. That way, if you remember something you forgot to do, you can turn it back on without entering your password. This feature is considered experimental at this time. It works on most devices, but isn't guaranteed to work on all devices.
There are also battery saving options to:
Turn off WiFi when you leave home
Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home
Turn off Bluetooth when you get home
Turn off Auto Sync when you leave home
Turn on Auto Sync when you get home
If you have trouble with this app, please email me. Send an email with Unlock With WiFi in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it doesn't have Unlock With WiFi in the subject, it will be filtered as spam.
IMPORTANT: To uninstall this app, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won't work if device admin mode is enabled.
WARNING: This app doesn't work on some phones. Please read this description carefully, and the FAQ. http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Does not work on Android 5+. However, Android 5.0 has much of SkipLock's functionality built in now.
The app is not compatible with Motorola Skip or Dots.
Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
It won't work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
It won't work if your employer enforces a password policy on your phone. Some corporate Exchange email users have this.
Only PINs and passwords can be used in Android 4.0 and above. Patterns and face unlock are not supported.
Unlock With WiFi is incompatible with some antivirus and battery saver apps. See the FAQ for details.
Make sure to exclude Unlock With WiFi from your task killer apps, or it won't work properly.
See the FAQ for more details http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement, which can be read here: http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/eula.
Wifi Inspector is a simple tool to see all the devices connected to our network (both wired and wifi, whether consoles, TVs, pcs, tablets, phones etc ...), giving relevant data such as IP address, manufacturer, device name and MacAddress.
Wifi Inspector also allows to save a list of known devices with custom name and find intruders in less than 30 seconds. This makes it easier for us and you will not need to go checking the data whenever we make a scan.
All this in a clear and simple design that allows us to see that our personal data are safe in a few seconds.
No doubt, Wifi Ispector ALWAYS find ALL connected devices!! More than 180,000 active installations demonstrate their reliability!!
We continue working to improve Wifi Inspector and we greatly appreciate that you share your opinions whether positive or negative. We have almost no reports of problems in the poor ratings (only one star with no comment) This makes difficult that we can improve the application. Please if you have any problems / suggestions do not hesitate to send it to us, in your comment or with email, and we will try to fix it.
For a better experience we recommend Android 4.0 or more
Get in on play here: http://go.syslynx.co.uk/go/wifi+web+login+app/play+app+desc
ON SALE NOW!
Both apps need to be installed on you device at the same time to have unlimited access to "WiFi Web Login" features.
Automatic hotspot login, hotel WiFi login, corporate guest WiFi login, and other Captive Portal Logins. Stop filling in the annoying web login form to get Internet access on you favourite hotspots, WiFi Web login can do it for you automatically! Simply record your login steps ONCE and WiFi Web Login replays them in the BACKGROUND when ever required without any manual interaction from you!
- Supports hotspots with multiple step login procedures, popup windows, and any combination of Captive Portal entry fields (username, password, accept terms, etc)
- Target recordings at multiple Wireless Access Points by name (SSID) or location (BSSID)
- Configurable re-checking to promote playback when login expiries whilst connected
WE ARE AWARE THAT THE RELEASE OF LOLLIPOP HAS CAUSED SOME PROBLEMS FOR THE APP AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE
There only workaround is to disable mobile network data before connecting to the WiFi network.
1. Lowering latency. If the wifi driver does not sleep, the AP does not have to wait until delivering the data. This is desired is many situations, like IP VOIP calls via WIFI, audio streaming, networked games (lower latency means better experience).
2. Ensure wifi is running put into higher PM state even when the screen is off. Again, this helps when you do VOIP calls, stream audio, etc.
3. Solving sporadic/unreliable connectivity problems. Root cause: Some older WIFI routers can't reliably communicate with devices using WIFI Power Management (they may actually sleep, when the AP wants to send data). It helps when your WIFI can connect to the Access Point, but the transfer is either very slow or unreliable (high packet loss). This widget does NOT help, if you can't connect to the WIFI Access Point at all.
4. Simply speed up download transfer rate. YMMV.
The widget should work on all devices with Android 3.1 and higher. In addition, this was tested and found to work on Samsung Galaxy S II (even with GingerBread).
Some users reported this also works with Acer Iconia and Galaxy Tab. Other devices may or may not support this feature. Please see for yourself. Please leave comments/rating if it helped.
USAGE: Add the widget to your home screen and tap on it to enable wifi and to activate/deactivate the high-performance mode. If you don't see the widget, start the activity. The widget should be properly listed afterwards.
Automatic toggle feature works using the following ruleset:
1. If Wifi connection is lost or manually disabled/disconnected, the HighPerformance mode will automatically be disabled (if it was enabled) to save battery.
2. If you reconnect to the last connected network, the last applicable state of the HighPerformance setting will automatically be restored.
3. If you connect to a different network than you had been previously, HighPerformance mode will be enabled based on the preference setting in the Application (whitelist)
Notice: While the READ_PHONE_STATE is indeed a very powerful and dangerous permission, I am not using it for anything else than to know if there's an incoming or outgoing call to be able to use it as a trigger. Nothing else, really...
If you'd like to double-check whether this widget has really done the job on your phone, you can try the following:
1. PING your phone from you computer with disabled wifi performance mode. Make note of the average round trip time. In my case case this was around 50ms
2. PING your phone from you computer with ENABLED wifi performance mode. In my case the average round trip time shortened to about 2-3ms. If there's no significant different between the two cases, chances are your phone does not support WIFI High Performance Mode.
Ensure SD card installed. The application need SD card to install a 66Mb Dictionary, which is smaller and more efficient than anything else available on the market. This file should be downloaded by default to your SD card, though you can select the folder where the file is on the preferences menu. Alternatively we can use your Internet connection instead of the dictionary. This option can be activated in the settings menu. It also can calculate natively the key although it will take about 2 minutes in less powerfully phones and about 10 seconds on a Samsung Galaxy S. This tool also detects the new 2010 Thomson routers for which keys cannot yet be generated.
1. Thomson based routers (Include Thomson, Speed Touch, Orange, Infinitum, BBox, DMax, BigPond, O2Wireless, Otenet, Cyta , TN_private, Blink )
2. DLink ( Only some models )
3. Pirelli Discus
5. Verizon FiOS ( Only some routers supported)
6. Alice AGPF
7. FASTWEB Pirelli and Telsey
8. Huawei (Some Infinitum XXXX)
9. Wlan_XXXX or Jazztel_XXXX
10. Wlan_XX ( Only some are supported)
11. Ono ( P1XXXXXX0000X )
12. WlanXXXXXX, YacomXXXXXX and WifiXXXXXX
13. Sky V1 routers
14. Clubinternet.box v1 and v2 ( TECOM-AH4XXXX )
18. EasyBox, Arcor and Vodafone
19. PBS (Austria)
23. Axtel, Axtel-xtremo
26. Cabovisao Sagem
27. Alice in Germany (new)
28. Speedport (new)
Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
Based on your location, Wifi free offers you nearby wifi hotspot password within 5 kilometers.
-Easy to find
You can take the initiative to find the wifi hotspot you are interested in area such as cafe, hotel, city, country.
All wifi passwords are shared by users, and the availability will be automatically detected by WiFi Free.
-Around the world
Now available wifi password over ten million, all over the world, including the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, America, Europe, Asia, Russian and all former USSR Countries, Middle East, Oceania and other countries and regions.
Using the reminder function for a wifi hotspot, WiFi Free will remind you, when the wifi hotspot is available.
WiFi Free will never initiatively record any wifi hotspot information on your phone unless you initiatively share a wifi hotspot.
You get an automatic access to available WiFi. Without having to know any parameters and network settings – osmino WiFi will do it for you.
You can also share the password to a known WiFi network and make it available to other osmino users, just select "Share" and agree by filling check box.
Information about public hotspots is automatically set on map, according to the data received from users’ devices. When you connect to any public network we receive on our server the network location, name and access settings and automatically show it on the map.
This is how we create the use-proven public WiFi hotspots map based on users’ data. The more users subscribe to osmino, the more disposable wifi hotspots appear on the map.
There are already nearly 12 000 000 wifi hotspots on osmino map in more than 50 countries.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank shows which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our crowdsourced and impartial maps by contributing data.
✓ Share your findings and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
1. Signal strengh
2. Channel number
3. Security type
4. Link speed
5. Hardware vendor
6. IP number, and etc.
You can see which one is good and bad intuitively, and it is very easy to use.
Also, this application provides "Query nearby network devices" feature.
It scans all connected devices to your AP.
WiFi Picker also supports notification feature with various network information.
(Link speed, IP etc)
Connect and share everything among phones, save you time and eliminate the need of USB data cable for file transfer.
Already supported encoding
- The fewer cables to carry the better
- The computer doesn't need to have drivers it does need installed
- Compatible with Windows Explorer and other FTP client tools (such as FileZilla)
- No mobile data plan impact
WiFi FTP lets you:
- COPY Files
- VIEW Files
- BACKUP Files
All you need to do is:
1. start WiFi FTP on your Phone.
2. Click the ON button
3. connect to supplied IP using ANY ftp client (inc Explorer / Finder)
That's it. Now you have all your documents, movies, music, homework, ANYTHING on your phone!
A high battery drain is often a limiting factor for a great user experience.
With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions:
- Spot drainers based on detailed information about the root cause
- measure the effect of actions to reduce drain, following a simple method
- detect changes in the awake/sleep profile and quickly find the causes (rogue apps)
In other words BetterBatteryStats helps you gettings the best experience with your smartphone.
Please don't use the rating system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
If you experience problems with your superuser app keeping asking to grant su rights don't blame BetterBatterStats but try another superuser app instead.
Keywords: better battery stats, wakelock, kernel wakelock, partial wakelock, reduce battery drain, optimize battery life, save battery, battery drain, saving battery, network stats, alarms, CPU states
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing dumps to the SD. In case you don't need that feature please feel free to revoke that permission. It won't have any side effect besides disabling that feature
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statistics and can not be revoked without making the app unusable (from Kitkat on BBS will have to be installed as a system app to access this permission)
- android.permission.DUMP from Kitkat on BBS can be installed as a system app to access this permission. It is required to access dumpsys without root for a better performance
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access the online Knowledge-Base. You can revoke this permission
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE This permission can be revoked
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is required for cleaning references. Revoking this permission may affect the results of kernel wakelocks and custom reference until new references were saved
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE is required to detect when the phone was turned on/off in order to store references for advanced diagnosis
- android.permission.DEVICE_POWER is required to detect when the phone is disconnected from the charger and store the corresponding kernel wakelock reference. Revoking this permission will lead to losing "since unplugged"
- android.permission.BLUETOOTH is required to fix a bug where the communication to the batteryinfo service stops working
- android.permission.READ_LOGS is required to allow logcat dumps to be saved. You can revoke this right and will lose only the ability to save logcats
BetterBatteryStats is open source so you can inspect/review/contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
Use existing command sets or create your own to execute routine tasks:
- save logs / dumpfiles
- kernel settings through file system
- command to execute
- execution with or without 'su'
- command to read / display the current status (on/off)
- display of the current status
- display of command results
- Locale / Tasker Plugin for executing commands
Please don't use the market's feedback system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing logs to the SD
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statitics and can not be revokes without making the app unusable
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access Latitude and is also used by Admob. This right can not be revoked but you can remove the ads by buying the full version
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE is required by Admob.
CommandCenter is open source so you can inspect/review/ contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
There will be no icon installed for the donate version but the apk is visible from Settings - Applications.
This license removes the ads but does not enable any feature.
Please don't use the market's feedback system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.