Featuring medical illustrations from a world-renowned publisher, this app discusses the most important topics in Prostate Cancer. The app is ideal for all medical professionals, medical residents and interns, nurses, and medical students.
With just a few taps, physicians can use the app to effectively communicate with their patients about the Prostate and Prostate Cancer. Detailed illustrations help explain anatomy and physiology and descriptive text aids physicians in their communication of a diagnosis or procedure.
- What is the Prostate?
- Prostate Facts
- Prostate Zones
- Hormonal Influence on the Prostate (Healthy)
- What are Androgens?
- Where does Testosterone come from?
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Early BPH, Prostatitis
- Glands of the Prostate
- What is Prostate Cancer?
- The Role of Androgens in Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer: Signs & Symptoms
- Prostate Cancer: Screening Tests
- Prostate Cancer: Diagnostic Tests
- Bone Scan
- Prostate Cancer: Staging
- The TNM System
- Gleason Pathologic Scoring System
- Prostate Cancer: Stage I
- Prostate Cancer: Stage II
- Prostate Cancer: Stage III
- Prostate Cancer: Stage IV
- Pathways of Prostate Cancer Spread
- Prostate Cancer: Treatments
- Ability to pan/zoom colorful, detailed illustrations
- Draw feature enables physicians to highlight key anatomical areas of images
- Place a snapshot of an image in your device's photo gallery for easy sharing with patients
- Fully referenced text including disease signs and symptoms, screening tests, diagnostic tests, staging, and treatment options
- Three patient education handouts available to view and send to an email address. Handouts include "Prostate Cancer Overview," "Role of Androgens," and "Stages of Prostate Cancer"
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this application is intended for healthcare professionals only and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice.
four times a year, all members of the APPS receive every issue of Prostate International as a benefit of their APPS membership.
International Prostate Symptom Score calculator.
PSA Density, Velocity and Doubling time calculators.
Risk of Biopsy Detectable prostate cancer calculator.
Optimum number of prostate biopsy cores calculator.
Keeps record of PSA test results.
THIS WEB SITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. ALL CONTENT ("CONTENT"), INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THE CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEB SITE. NEVER RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IN PLACE OF SEEKING PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE.
Borinfer LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS SITE. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONFER WITH YOUR DOCTOR WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. AFTER READING ARTICLES OR OTHER CONTENT FROM THIS WEB SITE, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
This calculator was designed to support doctors. If you are a patient, do not arbitrarily interpret the result. Patients must consult with a licensed urologists for diagnosis, prognosis prediction and treatment of prostate cancer. The creators of this calculator do not accept any legal responsibility.