Going out with a group of friends, it’s quite annoying to contact one by one and tell them the location of the bar or pub that we are going to hang out. With WhereToMeet, just search with keyword and then you can tweet on your timeline with mentions of your friends, then it’s done!
Direct message on twitter and SMS are supported too. You don’t need to spend 3 minutes to explain how to get there, just send out this location information and it’s done. You may see the use case of photos in this post, this example went through “keyword search”, “get result”, “send via twitter/SMS”, “received and display”.
Unlike other application that both you and your friends have to install the same app, WhereToMeet can send your meet up location via Twitter or SMS. Even a traditional Nokia phone can receive your location SMS without problem. Further, it works while you don’t have internet access, but can still send out your current location via SMS to your friend. It’s helpful while you are not familiar with the language or environment that you were.
WhereToMeet even compliant to OGC Open GeoSMS standard, it allows other applications and services to work with its out-going SMS. GeoThings is also working on Taxi calling and roadside assistance service exchange internationally.
Sounds interesting?! Try WhereToMeet!
Ta aplikacja używa cokkie. Dowiedz się więcej na http://ofirmie.onet.pl/cookies Korzystając z aplikacji wyrażasz zgodę na używanie cookie.
More from developer
Skymob will keep you connected to your groups when you're on the go with your Android device. If you want to get down to business and chat using a real keyboard, you can login from your computer by going to https://skymob.co. And if you're offline, Skymob will notify you of new messages by email or push notifications.
Once you try Skymob, you will never need to send a mass email or group text again. (and did we mention it's FREE?)
- Login from the Android app or any computer or web browser
- Sign up with email - your phone number and Facebook and NOT required
- Easy to add people to a group - just send them the room's URL.
- Smart email and push notifications so you won't be overwhelmed
- Customizable group names, avatars, and background wallpapers
- Status messages so you know if people are available, away, or busy
- Direct messages - pull someone from the group aside and chat in private
- Emoticons and other features to keep things fun