WEDA is a member of The World Organization of Dredging Associations (WODA). The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) region covers North, Central and South America. Their goals and objectives are:
• To promote the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction by sponsoring or co-sponsoring national and international technical conferences, seminars, and symposiums, including publication and dissemination of the proceedings.
• To provide a forum for improvement of communications, technology transfer, and cooperation among associations, societies, and all organizations interested in dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction.
• To emphasize the importance of understanding and development of solutions for problems related to the protection and enhancement of the marine environment.
• To support educational institutions for students interested in pursuing dredging and marine engineering as a career.
• To promote membership in and furtherance of the Western Dredging Association through establishment and support of Chapters.
• To recognize individuals and organizations for outstanding engineering and operational achievement.