252 Radio was founded December of 2006, as one station – RadioFree ENC/WNOS – now known as NewsTalk 107.5FM/1450AM. NewsTalk is dedicated to providing the news you need when you need it. Later that same year, an ESPN affiliation was granted and ESPN Sports Radio 1490 AM was launched. In January of 2011, ESPN launched 103.9 FM to cement its radio sports brand. In June 2014, WECU 1570 AM in Greenville was added as an ESPN affiliate to round out Eastern Carolina’s sports coverage. ESPN Sports broadcasts games from professional leagues like NFL, NBA, MLB and college athletics via the ACC and NCAA.
East Carolina's Radio Home for sports now available in a new app.
252 Radio app allows listeners to listen live, download podcasts and gives access to social media posts.
252 App is a user friendly media app that:
1. Allows you to listen to:
• Audio Livestreams
• Recorded shows (podcasts) – that you can either listen online or offline (after downloading them) without any data usage.
2. Makes you a part of 252 Radio community, giving you access to the most important online communities the broadcaster has:
• Facebook and the latest Facebook Posts (Integrated in the app)
• Twitter posts – just one click apart
• Website, Instagram, etc…
3. Gives you an interactive media experience through:
• Radio Reporter Feature:: you can send pictures, audio, text, and video from your phone to the broadcaster
• Notification Feature: you will be able to receive information about the latest news, programs, contests and sport competition results directly from your broadcaster
• Flash Poll Feature: let your voice be heard, by answering to the hottest questions and polls the Radio will address to you.
Download it now! It’s not just a Radio, it’s your next community!