Very simple but powerful mapping App for walkers.
I started hiking a couple of months ago and this app is awesome. Works great and keeps my hikes and walks synced with the website. The companion smart watch is awesome as well as you don't have to keep looking at your phone and all of the information is right there on your wrist.
Love this app.
Good app. Bought all the UK and ROI maps for offline use with the app and online with laptop. Couple of things could be tweaked, such as the zoom buttons (in my opinion, zoom in should be on the right and zoom out on the left, but they have it the other way round for some reason unbeknownst to me).
After reading and hearing rave reviews of the peak identification feature I thought I'd give it another try. I was disgusted at the need to share everything, though it never seemed to want to know my inside leg measurement! It seems I can't access anything unless the GPS is on! I doubt I'll be using it again. For the purpose of the 'tape' GPS WAS ON, and still VR wouldn't calibrate!
You need to spend time playing with the app to get the best out of it, once familiar it is great. The biggest downside will be the limitations of your phone battery, so I always take a powerpack with me aswell as paper map and compass
NEW ANDROID WEAR™ 2.0 APP
- Follow route guides, view maps & see trip stats on your smartwatch.
- Download free & premium topographic maps.
- Track your progress and view fitness stats in Google Fit.
- Get compass directions (built-in compass required).
- Start, pause & stop tracks.
- Leave your phone at home. Works with standalone GPS watches.
- Customise your watch faces with ViewRanger stats.
- Save battery power with Ambient Mode.