Use InjuredPixels to screen test a smartphone or tablet in the store, before buying, or during the warranty period, as you may get a replacement according to the manufacturer's dead pixel policy. InjuredPixels fills the entire screen with a primary or custom color, helping you to easily spot pixels that do not match the selected color.
The app is very easy to use:
• tap the color buttons or use the volume keys to cycle through colors
• double tap anywhere to hide the buttons and check every inch for defects
• double tap again to show the buttons
• swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Back or Home to exit the app
Note: When going full (empty) screen, touching, tapping or swiping does nothing, giving you the freedom to clean or gently rub any area while testing.
"InjuredPixels is just about as simple a program as you'll see." (BetaNews) It's also completely free, doesn't show ads, and requires no Internet and no extra permissions whatsoever.
Last, but not least, InjuredPixels is 100% open source. We look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/aurelitec/injuredpixels-android
Feedback is greatly appreciated. Please report any issues:
• on the Web: http://www.aurelitec.com
• by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by tweet: https://twitter.com/aurelitec