Be NCLEX ready!
Test your knowledge of medical-surgical nursing. More than 1,000 questions let you study anytime, anywhere. It's easy to build your own quizzes, analyze your strengths and weaknesses, and create new quizzes designed to improve your performance. You’ll be NCLEX ready for the more than 60% of the questions on the exam that focus on the seemingly huge amount of medical-surgical nursing information that you need to master.
1)Customize your own quiz with a name and then designate the number of questions by content area or integrated process—or—
2)Take a randomized quiz.
3)Prepare for the new test plan with alternate-item-format questions.
4)Review your progress with an analysis of your results by each content area, integrated process, and cognitive level.
5)Identify areas for additional study and create new quizzes specifically for those areas.
6)Share your scores on Facebook and Twitter.
7)E-Mail your scores.
About F.A. Davis
Davis Mobile applications are produced by F.A. Davis Company. An independent and family-owned publisher, F.A. Davis has been meeting the needs of health care providers since 1879. Today, the company carries on that tradition through its catalogue of books and electronic, online, and mobile products for students, educators, and clinicians in Nursing, Medicine, and the Health Sciences. Its flagship titles, Taber’s® Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary and Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses®, are among the most trusted names in health care. Visit www.FADavis.com to explore our products.
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Acute Lung Injury (ALI) Calculator
Acute Tubular Necrosis
Adjusted Body Weight
Arterial Blood Oxygen Content
Basal Metabolic Rate(BMR)/Calorie
Blood Alcohol Level(BAL)
Blood Sugar Conversion
Body Fat Calculator
Body Mass Index(BMI)
Body Surface Area
Breath by Breath Volume of Carbon Dioxide
Bruce Protocol Treadmill Stress Test
Cerebral Blood Flow
Cerebral Perfusion Pressure
Clinical Dehydration Scale
Closing Capacity of Lungs
Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI)
Cost of Smoking
Fat Content in Oil
FiO2 Estimation Calculation
Glasgow Coma Scale
Glomerular Filtration Rate
Human Water Requirement
Hyperglycemia Effect on Serum Sodium
International Normalized Ratio
Lean body weight
Liquid PO Dosage
Maintenance fluid pediatrics
Mean Arterial Pressure
Osmolol Gap Urine
Pediatric Urine Output
Pneumonia Clinical Prediction Heckerling
Pre Diabetes Mellitus Criteria
Pressure of Inspired Oxygen
Protein catabolic rate
Pulmonary Vascular Resistance
Red Blood Cell Distribution Width
Serum Ascites Albumin Gradient
Sodium (Na) Deficit
Solid Med Dose
Transtubular Potassium Gradient
Urea Distribution Volume
Waist to Hip Ratio
• Library of ECG Rhythms: V. TACH, V. FIB, PEA, others also include (Sinus, Atrial, Junctional, Ventricular, AV Blocks...)
• Current AHA ACLS Algorithms
• Drug Database: Atropine, Epinephrine, Amiodarone, Digoxin and many more!
• Lab Values: Blood gases, Electrolytes, Hematology, Cardiac Enzyme Markers...
• Easy to Use
• Updated Simple Design
• Search Capability
• Custom User Bookmark Folder for Quick Reference
• Rich Informational Content
• Media Filled
• Re-sizable images
• Growing Health Database
• Real Time Updates
• Push Notifications
The ACLSmed™ App for Android is for all health care professionals: nursing students, med students, nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners, paramedics, respiratory therapists, physiotherapists, ECG technicians and all other allied health care workers.
Start mastering ECG Rhythms like a Pro today! It is a must have medical app!
• Edited by Linda Stanford, RN, MSN, this app is known for its practical interventions and detailed rationales.
• Updates from clinical experts ensure the most current, accurate, and relevant content.
• Consistent format for each care plan allows fast lookup of Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, and Assessments, Interventions, and Rationales.
• Sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric nursing make it easy to find information rapidly.
• A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to find patient-centered information.
• Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you set goals for nursing outcomes and provide efficient, quality care.
• NANDA-I taxonomy updates keep you current with NANDA-I diagnoses.
• Updated content covers the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
• NANDA-I nursing diagnoses include adult failure to thrive, chronic confusion, risk for shock, interrupted breastfeeding, and impaired environmental interpretation syndrome.
Clinical Nursing Skills: Basic to Advanced Skills is the most complete, up-to-date and useful guide to modern clinical nursing skills available! With more than 1,200 full-color images illustrating more than 800 new and updated skills, it is the definitive resource for best practice nursing standards, guidelines, and competencies. Through extensive case studies and critical thinking features, and thoroughly explained the rationales for each skill and technique. Strong coverage of evidence-based care, cultural/religious considerations, nursing management, and community based nursing is provided throughout. Easily adaptable to any conceptual curriculum model, this text also contains hundreds of NCLEX®-style review questions. This edition adds a new chapter on neurological care; has integrated coverage of home care throughout; provides substantial new coverage of the 2010 national patient safety goals; and contains approximately 50 new skills.
- More than 1,200 full-color photographs, line drawings, charts, and tables–depicting step-by-step, up-to-date nursing procedures and equipment
- Approximately 50 new skills–added throughout the book, reflecting the National Council Test Plan and NCLEX objectives
- Heat and cold modalities–including expanded theory and rationale; warm air blankets; updated infant radiant warmers; and induced hypothermia
- Advanced Skills coverage–now including SvO2 and intra-aortic balloon pump content, as well as updated on preventing ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Medication Administration guidelines–including new guidelines for parenteral and enteral medication administration, medication reconciliation, medication labeling, and barcode medication administration
- Extensive new coverage of national patient safety goals
- Gives students a single source for complete nursing skill content and procedural steps, so they won’t have to check additional sources
- Learning Objectives and Terminology–supporting the text’s explanations of procedures with a clear, understandable theoretical foundation
- Nursing Diagnoses phrased in current terminology–preceding the text’s step-by-step procedures
- Rationales for specific nursing actions–explain why each action is performed
- Clinical Alerts–calling attention to safety issues, essential information, and actions that require critical decision making
- Cultural Competence features–illuminating the role that cultural diversity principles play in providing effective client care
- Documentation guidelines–explaining how to document skill, outcome, and client response, and why it is crucial to do so
- Gerontologic Considerations–presenting specific concepts influencing or affecting care of the elderly
- Expanded Management Guidelines–including legal, safe, and appropriate delegation of responsibilities.
Le Med’Vet vous permet de retrouver toutes les informations légales concernant les médicaments vétérinaires commercialisés en France.
Elles proviennent des Résumés des Caractéristiques des Produits (RCP) validés par l’agence européenne ou l’agence française du médicament vétérinaire.
Vous bénéficiez des mises à jour mensuelles réalisées directement par les laboratoires responsables de la mise sur le marché des médicaments.
Le Med’Vet présente également les produits de santé disponibles.
Les fonctionnalités de l'application Medvet sont nombreuses :
- recherche par nom de médicament, principe actif, espèce cible, voie d'administration, laboratoire
- index complet des produits et des laboratoires
- scanner de code GTIN pour obtenir en 1 cliché l'information sur un produit
Cette application est sans nul doute un allié quotidien de tout ayant droit du médicament vétérinaire.
1000 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
This app brings a data base with more than 22,000 drugs registered in Brazil. You can check the active ingredient of brand drugs and figure out the correspondent generic drug. It also brings the laboratory names as well as the highest price allowed by ANVISA.
Disclaimer: The authors are not responsible for the information presented in this material, for which the sources are responsible.
Τα στοιχεία προέρχονται απο το Υπ. Υγείας και τους Τοπικούς Φαρμακευτικούς συλλόγους. Η AdDS αποποιείται κάθε ευθύνη απο την χρήση των στοιχείων που παρουσιάζονται, τα οποία μπορεί να μην είναι ακριβή, επαρκή ή επικαιροποιημένα και προτρέπει στην ανεύρεση της ορθής πληροφορίας απο τους αρμόδιους φορείς.
'MED MNEMONICS Lite' has free access to Anatomy, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine and Cardiology.
*Categorized Medical Mnemonics!
Makes it easier to zoom in and learn select topics at ease.
Did You Know's!
Mnemonics are now more interesting with the many ‘Did You Know?' concepts attached with the mnemonics.
*Add to Favourites!
Loved a Mnemonic? Add it your 'Favourites' list.
Type in your keyword to get the list of related mnemonics.
Share mnemonics with your Med School friends through Facebook, Twitter or Email.
a. Median nerve: Supply to hand
Median nerve innervates the 'LOAF' muscles!:
Lumbricals 1 & 2
Abductor pollicis brevis
Flexor pollics brevis
b. Horner's syndrome: Components
Loss of ciliospinal reflex
c. Citric acid cycle: Steps
"Oh Citric Acid Is Ofcourse A Silly Stupid Funny Molecule":
Compiled over the years by e-med Private Medical Services, the database is intended as a guide for medical inquiry and is not intended to be used as a diagnostic tool. All medical complaints should be referred to a healthcare professional.
Med Helper also tracks your vital signs and PRN / take-as-needed medication. You can log and export or print detailed reports for your Doctor, Nurse or Caregiver
Multiple profiles let you manage others in your care.
Whether you’re self managing or taking care of your loved ones, Med Helper’s features will help you deal with anything from simple short term situations to prolonged complex chronic conditions by making it easy to maintain prescription and medical regime compliance / adherence.
It’s like having your very own Mobile Healthcare Assistant.
Med Helper is consistently ranked as one of the top applications of its kind in the Medical app field.
Med Helper Free Features include:
Phone / Tablet compatible
- Medication Alias
- RX Number
- Side Effects
- Start date
- End date
- Schedule pattern
- Reminder Times / Alarm set
- Taken at
- Refills Remaining
- Current inventory
- Expiration Date
- Time of Day
- Calendar view
Take as needed (PRN)
- Amount taken
- Time taken
- Last 10 doses / 24/hr
- Daily view
- Calendar view
- Ability to manage
- Part of day
- Pain levels
- Blood Pressure
Exportable and Printable Reports
People use Med Helper as a: Medication reminder - Medication tracker - Prescription tracker - Pill reminder - Pills reminder - Pills alarm - Pill organizer - Pill Calendar - Vitals tracker - Doctor or Pharmacist - appointment manager - RX reminder - Med reminder - Medication monitor - Medication reports tracker - Medicine reminder - Medicine scheduler - virtual Pillbox - Individual - family - medication reminder - Symptom tracker - Doctors list and Pharmacy organizer as well as a way to share information with their caregivers.
How ever you choose to use Med Helper we hope it helps make your life a little bit easier.
Med Helper is being designed by people just like you. Over the past two years we've received thousands of emails with suggestions, comments and reviews. People let us know what they like - what they want and sometimes what they don't like. We listen and design accordingly.
Our belief is that Better Healthcare Needs Better Tools... and better tools are best designed by those who use them. Meaning YOU.
For any information, suggestions or help of any kind please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our website at: www.medhelperapp.com
We're at your service....
Note: No network connection is required for Med Helper to operate.
All the best - From the Med Helper Team
This cool FREE app gives you thousands of interesting med facts, health facts, smart health tips, and relevant medical statistics.
Learn useful facts on diet, exercise, food, nutrition, beauty, drugs, men's health, women's health, and much more!
Save your favorite health facts!
Share your favorite health facts via Email!
SMS your favorite health facts!
Paste your favorite health facts into Facebook or Twitter!
Also check out our Easy Weight Loss Tips app to help you lose the excess weight!
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
Preview – View select topics to experience how you can quickly find a correct nursing diagnosis and move forward to complete a specific care plan.
Buy – Purchase Nursing Diagnosis Handbook at any time using your Google Play account.
Sign In – Current subscribers can download the entire resource to their device by entering their username and password.
About Nursing Diagnosis Handbook:
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook delivers the essential information needed to quickly reach an accurate nursing diagnosis and write effective care plans. Users can locate suggested nursing diagnoses for 1,300 signs and symptoms, medical diagnoses, surgeries, and disorders, then link directly to 200+ detailed sample care plans. Topics contain citations with links to the PubMed database making Nursing Diagnosis Handbook the perfect evidence-based guide for practicing nurses and nursing students.
Features of Nursing Diagnosis Handbook include:
• Cross-reference links from diagnoses to care plans
• Suggested nursing diagnoses for 1,300+ patient symptoms
• 200+ detailed care plans for NANDA-I accepted diagnoses
• Pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, home and critical care nursing interventions
• PubMed links to evidence-based research
• Nursing references identified in each care plan
• Root Cause Thinking to determine underlying causes of disease
• Universal Index Search help find terms across all indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Betty J. Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN; Gail B. Ladwig, MSN, RN
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
* Persistent, reliable alarms
* No battery drain
* Highly configurable
* Multiple daily doses
* Status notifications
* Prescription refill reminders
* Medicine details
Get the paid version to:
- remove ads!
- select alarm sounds!
- backup and restore your data!
**** VERY IMPORTANT!!!! ****
After an update, you must launch Med Minder once to re-register your alarms. Because of this you should NOT enable automatic updates as you may not realize that an update has been applied and you will miss your alert. If the app fails alert you, please launch the app just to ensure the alarms are registered. If you still have a problem, please contact me.
**** ALSO VERY IMPORTANT ****
If you have a task killer, put Med Minder in its ignore list or your alarms may not work!
**** ALSO IMPORTANT ****
When you put your android phone on "mute" or "vibrate" mode, the phone ONLY mutes the ringer and notification sounds. It does NOT mute applications, such as games or media players. This means that if you have the Med Minder alarm pop-up enabled under settings, the alarm will sound even if the phone is in vibrate mode. If you need Med Minder to be muted, you can either disable the pop-up alarm under settings or manually turn your media volume down with your volume control button. However, I recommend "Mute Widget", a home screen widget that allows one-click muting of all sounds, ringer, notifications, and media.
Please check the website for a list of frequently asked questions. Please contact me if you have any issues or feature requests.
More from developer
~ In addition this app is designed for the nursing student or beginning nurse to help learn concepts of pharmacology. It is organized by body system and by major drug categories. By learning common drug categories, the nurse can begin to recognize common considerations about all drugs within those categories. This may help enhance performance on the NCLEX licensure exam and will help nurses to recognize major considerations for each category. Each category of drugs is explained in simple terms using the nursing process. Included are common side effects, adverse reactions, rationale for use, nursing assessments, teaching, and drug names associated with each category. There is a search tab to look up over 200 drug categories and over 1775 individual drug names that might be used in various healthcare settings. Additional features include an extensive list of alternative agents and what they might be used for, pharmacology terminology that is necessary to understand how drugs work , common intravenous medications with information on how long to infuse over, step-by-step approach for calculations (oral, IM, IV, IVPB), and common conversions.
•Search by body system, category, or individual drug names
•General information about the category and mechanism of action
•Important Nursing assessments
•IV Push suggested minimum infusion times
•Step-by-step approach to solving drug calculations
•Over 1775 drug names
•Over 200 drug categories
•Easy to find icons for each body system
•Over 80 alternative agents with associated uses
Disclaimer: This reference is not intended to substitute for nursing education, texts, and other resources utilized by institutions and facilities to educate students and/ or facilitate safe client care. Due to the sensitive nature of medical and nursing references, this information may consistently need to be changed, supplemented, and updated to reflect current evidence based practice and medical/ nursing research. It does not contain every single aspect related to drug therapy. Variations in client genetics, comorbidities, physical assessment findings, diagnoses, and symptoms may alter the way each drug works with each client. This app is not intended to substitute for care provided by health care professionals.
Some of the main features are outlined below:
•Over 120 skills and procedures separated by topic areas learned through fundamental nursing courses.
•Over 200 drug categories and over 1775 individual drug names that might be used in various healthcare settings.
•Gives a brief, simple description of 340 common medical-surgical diseases and disorders including common assessment findings, potential nursing diagnoses, goals for client care, intervention to implement for client care and evaluation for complications that can occur.
•Access to basic information related to common subject matter learned in fundamentals, Medical-Surgical, and Pharmacology courses
•NurseTabs uses a simple categorical approach to assist students and novice nurses in delivering safe, effective care.
•An added “notes” section that allows users to enter information.
•See each individual application for additional descriptive information related to the application features.
Please Note**** As a way to truly connect with our customers, we at NurseTabs would appreciate it if any critical concerns, complaints or inquiry could be sent to us at our support email rather than as a user review. Our goal is to improve our apps whenever possible via free updates. This method allows us to improve when possible and explain intentions of the application as necessary. If you are still unhappy once a response is sent we welcome you to provide the review you so desire. We are passionate about helping student nurses and value the opinions you can provide to allow us to do it better. Sincere Thanks-NurseTabs
Disclaimer: This reference is not intended to substitute for nursing education, texts, and other resources utilized by institutions and facilities to educate students and/ or facilitate safe client care. Due to the sensitive nature of medical and nursing references, this information may consistently need to be changed, supplemented, and updated to reflect current evidence based practice and medical/ nursing research. It does not contain every single aspect related to drug therapy and medical and nursing care. Variations in client genetics, comorbidities, physical assessment findings, diagnoses, and symptoms may alter the way each drug works with each client and the way a nursing care plan or procedure needs to be carried out for each client. This app is not intended to substitute for care provided by health care professionals.
This app allows novice nurses and nursing students to access over 120 skills and procedures separated by topic areas learned through fundamental nursing courses. Once the user selects the skill, they will be presented with equipment they will need to perform the procedure and a step-by-step approach to performing the procedure safely. In addition, users will have access to basic information related to common subject matter learned in fundamentals courses to utilize in the clinical setting. Some of the main features are outlined below:
• Gives quick, easy reference for common skills and procedures performed in clinical settings.
• Identifies common documentation standards for each skill and procedure.
• Includes documentation principles to adhere to when documenting client care.
• Identifies components of the nursing process and gives helpful, easy ways to incorporate nursing care plans for a client.
• Describes common assessments performed for clients in both daily assessments and focused assessments.
• Discusses various skin integrity issues and how to describe wound characteristics.
• Delineates principles of proper medication administration and incorporates basic calculation formulas to perform for medication administration.
• Discusses principles for proper safety in client care.
• Describes principles of adequate oxygenation and how to intervene to promote adequate oxygenation for a client.
• Discusses nutrition for clients including descriptions of various diet types seen in health care settings.
Like the other NurseTabs applications available, NurseTabs: Fundamentals uses a simple categorical approach to assist students and novice nurses in delivering safe, effective care. This app allows the user to search by keyword, too, allowing for easy access to the available information. The topics included in the app are:
• Bowel elimination
• Urinary Elimination
• Skin integrity
• Medical/ Surgical Asepsis
• Medication Administration
Disclaimer: This reference is not intended to substitute for nursing education, texts, and other resources utilized by institutions and facilities to educate students and/ or facilitate safe client care. Due to the sensitive nature of medical and nursing references, this information may consistently need to be changed, supplemented, and updated to reflect current evidence based practice and medical/ nursing research.