The Ghana Revenue Authority provides Ghana Tax Stamp Authenticator app to the Ghanaian public to verify the authenticity of products sold in the retail stores in Ghana.
This app allows the consumers to scan and validate the excise tax stamps affixed on excisable products in the following product categories.
Cigarette packs (Tobacco).
Internet (Wi-Fi / mobile data) is required to fetch the product information for consumer perusal.
Data Matrix code reader.
Simple and user friendly.
Ghana Tax Stamp Authenticator Scanning Procedure
1) To launch the Consumer app, tap the Ghana Tax Stamp Authenticator logo on your
2) The Splash screen appears on your android mobile phone.
3) Tap the START to begin the scanning process.
4) The mobile camera will turn ON the Scanner mode automatically.
5) The user points the mobile camera exactly over the Tax Stamp affixed on the product.
6) After scanning the Tax Stamp code affixed on the product, it fetches and displays the
required product information on their Android phone (Valid and Invalid stamp code).
7) All the successful scan result displays the Product Type, Product Origin, HR Code,
Organization Name and Metric Name (SKU) with the “OK" button.
8) Any unsuccessful scan is redirected to a screen with an SUSPECT button. User can
retry the scan process again.
9) If the scanner is unable to scan for any reason for a period of 15 seconds the user will
be directed to a screen with an SUSPECT button. User can retry the scan process
10) The user must tap the SUSPECT button to be redirected to the Start scan screen.