This Xposed module will restore the good old silent mode from Kitkat in Lollipop.
✔️ Brings back the silent mode we came to love in previous Android versions (no sound, no vibration)
✔️ Comes with an optional statusbar icon when the device is in silent mode (Pro)
✔️ Comes with a Freeload option in case you can't afford the in-app-purchase
✔️ Has an "Allow Alarms" option to keep alarms enabled in the "None" interruption mode as Lollipop silences them by default
✔️ Keeps LED notifications intact
✔️ Re-enables (most) apps and widgets to set up the silent mode, e.g. Power Toggles or my STFU Silent Mode Widget
✔️ Tasker support
The missing silent mode has been one of the most discussed issues after the release of Android 5.0.
There are various workarounds but this app is the only real fix for the issue.
The most popular workaround is to disable all priority interruptions and use the Priority option to substitute the silent mode.
But using this module you can:
✔️ Use the Priority mode for it's actual use: to allow certain notifications and block others
✔️ Have LED Notifications in Silent Mode in Android 5.0 (Google fixed this in Android 5.1)
By installing this app and activating the module in the Xposed installer you will be able to use the Silent mode as in prevous versions of Android: By putting your device into the Vibrate mode and pressing Volume Down.
In silent mode you will still receive all notifications (contrary to the new None or Priority mode), but there won't be a sound or vibration, just a silent LED or ambient display notification.
The pro version of this app will allow you to display a statusbar icon when the device is in silent mode.
You can't buy or afford the in app purchase? Fret not! I'm offering you a "Freeload" option in the app which enables all pro features without paying a dime!
(Although I would be very happy if you decide to support the further development of this module in the future, of course).
Additionally this module offers you to get rid of another Lollipop quirk once and for all: You can unsilence Alarms.
By default Lollipop blocks your Alarms when your device is in the "None" mode. While Google introduced a workaround in 5.1 which wil disable the mode prior to ringing the Alarm, this option allows you to just set and forget your device to None. No more fear of missing an alarm in the morning!
The module supports Android 5.0 and higher.
For Android 5.1 you need to make sure to use Xposed alpha 20150514 or newer!
If you have any issues or don't understand the purpose of this module please contact me first before leaving any bad review.
No silent mode - Google AOSP bug tracker:
- Download the app
- Activate the module in the Xposed Insaller
- Reboot your device
- Open the app to change it's options to your liking
🔇 🔈 🔉 🔊
Create a task once and it will execute automatically. Configure time and days of week when you want it to repeat. Morning, daytime, night, weekdays, weekends, you name it! Save battery by switching off unused functions when you don't need them.
Here's an example:
- Switch ringer off at night and switch it back on in the morning.
- Wake up to your favorite music by launching your internet radio app.
- Make your screen brighter during day time and keep it darker in the evening to save battery.
- Switch WiFi on when you get home and switch it off when you're off to work.
- Automatically turn off mobile data when you go to bed to save battery and turn it back on when you wake up
Phone Schedule runs in background, so once you setup your tasks, you won't need to reschedule them manually, everything is done automatically.
*** Mobile Data ***
Mobile data is available on all supported Android versions. I have tested it on stock OS. However it may not work on some phone models, it depends on the device maker.
I'm very sorry if this function doesn't work on your device, very often manufacturers block this and there's nothing i can do about it :(
*** Airplane mode ***
Starting with version 4.2(Jelly Bean) Android no longer allows third-party apps to switch airplane mode due to privacy concerns. If you have a rooted device you may be able to work around this with the help of a third-party app. Go to Settings -> My device is rooted, and then create a new "Airplane mode(root)" action.
List of supported actions:
- Silent/Vibration/Normal mode
- WiFi on/off
- Bluetooth on/off
- Airplane mode on/off
- Ringer/media/alarm volumes
- Switch ringtones/notification tones
- Launch an app
- Mobile data on/off
- Auto-sync on/off
The list of actions is continuously growing, stay tuned for updates!
- Translations: English(default), German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Bulgarian and Turkish. Contact me if you would like to translate Phone Schedule into your native language.
* Access network state, Change network state - To enable/disable mobile data
* Full internet access - for crash reports, this greatly helps to debug the app and prevent crashes
* Change your audio settings - to set silent/vibration/normal modes and change volumes
* Automatically start an boot - to start working on your tasks automatically on boot after you reboot your phone
* create Bluetooth connections, Bluetooth administration, change WiFi state - to switch WiFi and Bluetooth On and Off(No data transmission!)
* Modify global system settings - To enable/disable Airplane mode
* Prevent phone from sleeping - to execute your tasks when your phone is sleeping
* Toggle Sync on and off - to switch auto-sync
* Read external storage(Test access to protected storage)/Write to external storage - to save schedule to a file and import it
* Control Vibration - required on some devices to show action notifications(notifications are optional)
Android version 5.0.x (Lollipop) removed the total silent mode, so until Google bring it back user with Android 5.0.x may not be able to enable the full silent mode.
Change your phone ring mode with just one tap! Select from sound, vibrate or silent mode by just tapping this widget in your home screen.
- Works with most Lollipop devices
- Small icon, keep your awesome wallpaper visible;
- Takes just one cell from your home screen (1x1);
- Simple and clean!
- Choose between transparent background or solid white.
#HOW TO USE IT
Long-press on the home screen >>> Add Widget >>> Select "Silent Mode Toggle" >>> Tap it!
The Internet Access permission is needed only for the small ad banner that is shown only when you open the app. It will never show any other kind of ads anywhere else.
Keywords: icon, widget, ringer mode, volume, ringer, home screen widget, silent mode switch, volume switch, mute, mute button, silencio, botón de silencio
Your feedback is important to us! Rate the app and write a review. Do you have cool idea about cool new feature that this app should have? Include it in the review and we'll do our best to include it!
HOW TO USE IT (as some users report that they can't find the installed app): Add it to your home screen from the widget drawer - it does not appear in the app drawer!
NOTICE: on some devices with Android Lollipop version 2.1.2 may not work, however, it is confirmed to work. Future update will solve that issue.
Best review of 2014 by J Oppliger using droid razr hd
"Outstanding. This is a great, 5 star app. 4 modes: silent, vibrate, ring and ring with vibrate. Out of all similar apps, this is by far the best. And no prying permissions. Thanks Dev."
Best review of 2013 by Arthur Pe using Galaxy S
"Very useful. Ringer without vibration is nice option. Thank you."
Not tested on tablets yet...but soon!
I'm a new developer so please comment! :)
To add widget press: Home>Menu>Add>Widget>Silent Mode Toggle