Get Point also lets you record an entire route by foot or by car to also evaluate the result in Google's desktop application.
Ideal for professionals such as surveyors and geographers while a field work, but can also be used for fun, to mark their places of travels or visits.
This is a work in progress and was developed in order to learn the Android platform and also bring the public a quality tool. Any suggestion is welcome. Please send comments by e-mail.
- Groups of coordinates. A group can be a trip, a specific job, etc.;
- Marking of points within a group of coordinated, allowing to name the point;
- Record a route, letting you set the interval between recordings of the points, also allowing to name the route recorded;
- Sending points (KML file and Google Maps link) or route records (KML file) by e-mail;
- Quickly view a recorded point on Maps without having to export to the desktop;
- Export all records in the group to a KML file to later be viewed on Google Earth;
- You can export/import your database avoiding losing your information if you upgrade or replace your device;
- And more.
Indexed in 6 languages
You may be fluent in four languages but sometimes you
could find yourself ”off the beaten track“ where you cannot speak the language. ”point it“ , is the answer. Everyone in the world will understand you. This passport-sized assistant is used not only by tourists but also by UN peacekeeping forces, Olympic athletes and speech therapists.
“Let your pictures do the talking...”
- Evening Standard, London
„Ein wichtiger Beitrag zur Völkerverständigung.“
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, München
„Pour commander une omelette ou expliquer au policier pourquoi on est mal garé, il suffit de montrer la photo correspondante.“
- Le Monde, Paris
„‘Sesam üppna dig‘ för dagens globetrotter.“
- Form, Stockholm
“This is not only the cheapest book in print, it is possibly the bestselling photobook of all time.”
- The photobook: A history Vol. II, London
„Dieter Graf, een architect en fanatieke reiziger, fotografeerde een halve huishouding.“
- Volkskrant, Amsterdam
„Die Idee für das Buch ist so einfach wie genial. Neben Zahnbürste, Pass und Kreditkarte sollte es zum Standardgepäck jedes Reisenden gehören.“
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
„Con un milione e ottocentomila copie vendute, è il libro fotografico più famoso del mondo. Raccoglie milleduecento immagini e non una riga de testo.”
- La Repubblica, Roma
„Spiegeleier, Klimaanlagen, Weingläser sehen überall gleich aus. Ein genialer Einfall.“
- Bild, Hamburg
„Alors, que vous soyez à Londres, Tokyo, Bangkok ou Mexico, point it!”
- ELLE, Paris
„Mit dem Zeigefinger um die Welt: Die Sprache, die jeder versteht.“
- Kurier, Wien
“The photographs are neatly arranged, related objects are cleverly bunched, and not much appears to be missing.”
- The Guardian, London
„Die besten Ideen sind genial einfach – es muss nur einer darauf kommen.“
- Spiegel, Hamburg
“You’ll never have to mime “roast chicken” again.”
- HQ Magazine, Sydney
"A simple but effective idea."
- The Times, London
It Allows to navigate using GPS sign, just coordinates. You can save points with current GPS position or typing Latitude and Longitude. It displays the distance to selected point saved, displays your current position.
By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared fuel prices. Waze also makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road.
It's all about contributing to and benefiting from the 'common good' on the road, so hop on board and get involved in your local driving community today!
✓ Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info
✓ Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more
✓ Complete voice guided navigation
✓ Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
✓ Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes
✓ Finds the cheapest gas station along your route
✓ One tap navigation to Facebook events.
✓ See Facebook friends driving to the same place
✓ Notify someone you're on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive
✓ Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
✓ Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
Point Map has the following features:
- detailed map of Chisinau and Balti cities;
- an opportunity of searching by streets, houses, establishments.
- demonstration of nearby routes of transportation to a desired destination;
- objects on the map with contact information: restaurants, shops, companies and etc.
- public transportation routes of Chisinau: buses, mini-buses, trolleybuses;
- location of video cameras and radars of auto traffic;
- opportunity to set location and identify the district.
The application downloads viewed map areas from server and saves in device memory
PointToPoint is free and easy to use, with all required information displayed at all times. It only takes 2 clicks on a button to save your location and one click on a button to be guided to last or saved location.
Use Point To Pint to remember where you parked your car, location of your hotel, location of camping spot, when hiking, to be guided to pre given coordinates, to save your favorite diving spots, spots in nature and other outdoor activities... or any other location you would like to return to later.
PointToPoint enables you to:
- save current GPS location
- navigate from new location to saved location
- store multiple locations and manage stored locations
- enter location manually (coordinates)
- get data about current location, altitude, speed
- use compass to guide you to desired location
- get data about distance to desired GPS coordinates and estimated time of arrival (ETA Time)
- arrow points you to desired location
- use either metric (km, m, Km/h) of imperial (ft, miles, mph) system of units
Hold your device parallel to the ground as you would hold a compass in navigation mode. Please make sure your phone's GPS is turned on! GPS does not work well in inside buildings. PointToPoint is best used outdoors!
+++ Latest version 5.2.0 now available +++
- The software requires additional data (maps, voices etc.) via WLAN after installation!
With NAVIGON you can transform your Android smartphone into a fully functional mobile navigation system with on-board maps, which entails no data transfer or roaming charges for map display, route calculation, etc. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the Android operating concept.
*** Features and range of functions ***
+ Google Street View - destination preview (where available)
+ Lane assistant / Active Lane assistant (requires android 2.2 or higher)
+ Bluetooth support (requires android 2.2 or higher)
+ NAVION Latest Map Guarantee (new customers receive the most up-to-date map when purchasing the app)
+ Local Search
+ Foursquare log-in at destination
+ Glympse: Send your position information to selected users
+ Safety Cameras (permanently installed cameras)
+ Reality View Pro
+ Speed Assistant
+ NAVIGON Reality Scanner
+ NAVIGON MyRoutes
+ Text-to-Speech and precise spoken announcements
+ Different English accents
+ Extended Pedestrian Navigation
+ Destination entry with coordinates
+ 2D and 3D map displays
+ Last Mile - can save automatically your car's position and switches to pedestrian- resp.public transport mode* for walking of the last mile. *Public transport mode is available only when in-app “Urban guidance” has been purchased
+ NAVTEQ map material for 44 countries of Europe
NEW: Enhance your system with in-app packages
+ Urban Guidance – navigate in many European urban areas using public transport**
+ Panorama View 3D
+ NAVIGON FreshMaps XL
+ NAVIGON cockpit
+ The Michelin restaurant and hotel guide
+ The Michelin green guide
+ ADAC camping guide (German language only)
+ POI all-in-one (extra POI package)
+ Mobile Alert Live - a new MOBILE danger zone service
+ NAVIGON LPG and Bio-Diesel filling stations
**The service is currently available in more than 55 European metropolitan areas. Urban Guidance is a Live service and therefore requires a data connection.
- Positioning your smartphone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception and for your own safety! Ensure that this is always positioned outside of the range of the airbags!
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. This means that all map material, voice announcements and system files are saved on the telephone. Therefore no charges or waiting time for data transfer are incurred.
- The Europe version requires approx. 2GB of free memory. Please ensure you have sufficient available mass-storage space (SD card). The map material must be downloaded after installing the app via wireless Internet on the smartphone. Please ensure a reliable and safe connection is available.
- WQXGA and WQHD (2560x1600/1440 dpi) are not supported
- On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is required to register your product
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
kw: navigation navigator directions maps gps sat nav garmin navigon mobilenavigator europe
* Top 5 travel apps in more than 50 countries
* Featured in Tuaw, Forbes, TechCrunch.
Fast detailed offline maps of all countries of the world. Maps work everywhere, anytime. Internet connection isn’t required.
HIGH LEVEL OF DETAILS
• More details than on the other maps.
• Millions of points-of-interest (POIs): restaurants, gas stations, tourist destinations...
• Up-to-date map data which is added daily by map users worldwide - see http://www.openstreetmap.org
NO INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED
• Maps work when no Internet connection is available.
• No roaming charges when traveling abroad.
• Always know where you are.
• Useful in hometown, indispensable in travels.
• 345 countries and islands. Every place is covered.
• Works even in the middle of nowhere.
• Pay once, use in any location.
• Probably the fastest maps ever. Shows map when others don’t.
• Innovative map data compression.
• Maps are impressively small. Save your phone’s memory.
WORTH THE MONEY
• Download any country map for free.
• Pay once, use on multiple Android devices.
• Offline search. Find everything you need of all the objects available on the map.
• Bookmarks. Add any place to the bookmarks list. Then find it easily again and again.
• Export/import of bookmarks. Add bookmarks and tracks from other maps to MapsWithMe. KML/KMZ files are supported.
• Location sharing. Send a pin of any place on the map via e-mail or sms. Share your current location.
• Auto-follow mode. When it is on, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to every request.
All cities and countries of the world: London, Paris, Bangkok, Singapore, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Madrid, Dubai, Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Rome, New York, Shanghai, Barcelona, Milan, Amsterdam, Vienna, Beijing, Taipei, Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Quito, Abu Dhabi, Tunis, Dubai, Taipei, Istanbul, Beijing, Bogota, Lima, Riyadh, Nairobi, Singapore, Seoul, Cairo, Shanghai, Toronto, Washington, D.C., Caracas, Moscow, St. Petersburg, San Francisco, Johannesburg, Florence, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Bahrain, Shanghai, Toronto, Berlin, Budapest, Dublin, Mecca, Prague, Cancun, Macau, Venice, Warsaw, Mexico, Guangzhou, Benidorm, Orlando, Miami, Munich, Shenzen, Sydney, Lisbon, Las Vegas, Hangzhou, Marrakesh, Tokyo, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Pakistan,Turkey, Jakarta, Nepal, USA, Indonesia, Philippines, Oman, India, Israel, Italy.
Keywords: offline, maps, map, travel, world, gps, OSM, OpenStreetMap, guide, local search, POI, atlas, guide, Europa, USA, Asia, Africa, Australia
Some of the main features:
• Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
• Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
• Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
Use OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia Data
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing (not available in free version)
• Free download, directly from the app (download limit 10 map files in free version)
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it
• Optional speed-dependent map zooming
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
• Optional speed and altitude display
• Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
Directly Contribute to OpenStreetMap
• Report map bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
• Optional trip recording also in background mode (while device is in sleep mode)
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities. By buying OsmAnd+ you help the application to be even more awesome! It is also possible to fund specific new features, or to make a general donation on osmand.net.
Very approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, here are just few more examples: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK, USA.
CoPilot GPS is the powerful free offline mapping, route planning and local exploring app from the developers of award-winning CoPilot navigation. It's the ideal travel companion app for over 250 Android smartphones and tablets including Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note 2, HTC One and Droid DNA.
PLAN, EXPLORE & NAVIGATE
Find the best way to all the places you need to go without relying on your mobile connection. Detailed street maps of an entire country or region are stored on your Android smartphone or tablet, so you’ll still be able to calculate routes and get driving or walking directions when there’s no mobile network coverage. Millions of useful Points of Interest are built into the app, making it easy to locate nearby restaurants, hotels and more. You can also search for local businesses and attractions using Yelp, Google™ and Wikipedia.
✔ Premium quality 2D street maps stored on-board your Android device for offline use
✔ Millions of Points of Interest (POIs) built in
✔ Powerful route planning with a multi-stop trip optimizer
✔ Alternate Routes: up to 3 ways to your destination
✔ Drag and drop route editing
✔ Driving directions: manually scroll through the turns to your destination
✔ Walking mode: explore unfamiliar cities on foot with confidence
✔ Social sharing: let your friends know where you are with Twitter & Facebook status updates*
✔ Useful local content: discover interesting places and attractions nearby with Yelp, Wikipedia and Google*
✔ 14 days free use of full voice-guided 3D navigation and ActiveTraffic™. After 14 days you can continue to enjoy free and unlimited access to offline maps, POIs and route planning, or upgrade to unlimited turn-by-turn navigation.
IN-APP UPGRADE TO UNLIMITED VOICE-GUIDED NAVIGATION
You can upgrade to full CoPilot turn-by-turn navigation through in-app purchase for unlimited use of: voice guidance, 3D maps, speed limit warnings, safety camera alerts, lane indicator arrows and much much more.
✔ Download any one ONE of the following countries/regions for FREE: US + Canada, UK + Ireland, Balkans, BeNeLux, Russia, Central Eastern Europe, DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), France, Greece, Iberia, Italy, Nordics, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine, Southern Africa (South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana), Australia + New Zealand, Brasil, Middle East (Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE) South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand
✔ Travelling abroad? You can add extra countries and regions through in-app purchase
►* ActiveTraffic and social sharing incl/. Yelp, Google and Wikipedia require a mobile data connection
For more information, visit copilotgps.com
Stay Connected with CoPilot
► EMEA: Follow us on Twitter @copilotlive, Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/copilotlive, add us in Google+: +copilot live
► USA & Canada: Follow us on Twitter @copilotlive_us or Like us facebook.com/copilotliveusa, add us in Google+: +copilot live
- Compare hotel, flight and car rental deals
- Book your hotel, flight or car rental, right in the app
- Track your flight status
- View and manage your itinerary with My Trips
- Look up baggage fees, airline numbers and airport information
The app requires certain permissions to give you the best experience.
Required for finding hotels and car rentals near you
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, INTERNET
Required for optimizing KAYAK features on different networks
Required let you store your trips schedule on your device calendar for easy access. These are only used if you explicitly use the "add to calendar" feature in My Trips.
Required for storing app information like icons, search history, etc.
Required for optimizing KAYAK features for your specific device
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions, videos and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers' Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants by food type, price range, and rating
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover options near you or any address you enter
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
Save big on hotel rooms
• Save up to 40% with Expedia Mobile Exclusive hotel deals
• Default to your current location for fast, on-the-go booking
• See reviews from actual hotel customers
• Sort by price, deals, or reviews — instantly
• Get cheap hotel rooms or 5-star luxury suites
Find the perfect flight
• Book a flight to anywhere in the world
• Sort by price, duration, or time instantly
• Search by airport name, city, or code
Book in a flash
• Already signed in? Book in under 30 seconds
• Slide to purchase and away you go!
View your itinerary
• View upcoming trips that you book in the app and on the web
• Open the app when you're about to travel and immediately see your trip
• It looks awesome, too!
Get cheap flights fast with Skyscanner- the world’s best flight search app. Join over 25 million people who have already downloaded our highly-rated apps. Compare millions of flights and hundreds of airlines in seconds. Skyscanner: it’s fast, flexible and free!
Need to find cheap flights on the go? Save money and time with Skyscanner. With our comprehensive coverage, you can search millions of flights from hundreds of airlines around the world – both low-cost and scheduled to find the perfect flights at the cheapest price. When you’ve found your flights, we link you to the airline or travel agent so you buy directly and get the best deal – all in a few taps.
‘Everywhere’ search – want to get away, but don’t know where? Let us inspire you.
Filter results by price, cabin class, airline, and take-off and landing times
Chart view: see prices across a whole week or month
Available in over 30 languages
New log-in facility which stores your searches
Create a handy widget to display recent prices for your previous searches
Wherever on the planet, this amazing app simply uses your GPS location to spot the best places to visit around. Whether travelling on foot, by bike or by car you never miss a monument. Make your trips and visits cool and easy everywhere with a guided tour, in any country worldwide!
With over 350 000 articles (rated 0-5 stars), it's like having a universal tour guide always in your pocket. Just select any of them to open it on Wikipedia with history, pictures, figures, photos and images. The world heritage will be yours!
You will discover places, monuments and museums everywhere, even next to your home! You will learn the history of your region and of all the places where you go on vacation. Google Maps will show your GPS location and the location of the points of interest easily. World Explorer is the guide you must have for local tourism (short walk, hiking...), long trips abroad, tours and cheap holidays!
Traveling has never been so fun! Download now one of the best Android travel guide...for FREE!
""World Explorer Tour Guide"" is incredible everywhere in the world. Want a travel guide for USA? ""World Explorer Tour Guide"" will guide you in all US states, from Texas to Florida, Illinois or Ohio. Get lost in a US city: from New York to Los Angeles by Chicago, Washington or Houston, just ask to your universal travel guide ! You live in UK, Scotland or Ireland? Discover London, Birmingham, Dublin or Leeds like never before! Any travel to Canada? Just ask your worldwide travel guide for more info about Toronto, Montréal, Calgary or Ottawa! The same in Australia, should you be in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane! A travel to Europe ? From Paris in France to Roma in Italia, or Madrid in Spain, no monument will have any more secrets for you!
On the whole planet: America, Africa, Asia (China or Thailand...), from north to south, ""World Explorer - Travel Guide"" is the ultimate travel guide!
Guide optimized for your phone and TABLET: Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4, Ace, Tab 2, HTC M7, One, Desire, Sony Xperia, Nexus 4 and 7, LG ...
More from developer
Save time at the front gate by purchasing your tickets from our mobile app!
This app will help you learn more about Dollywood, spanning 150 acres and located near the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Dollywood offers more than 40 rides and attractions, including Wild Eagle, the country’s first wing coaster, as well as Thunderhead wooden coaster and the steel thriller Mystery Mine.
You can also explore Dollywood’s Splash Country, which offers 35 acres of summertime fun for all ages. Adjacent to the theme park, Dollywood’s Splash Country water adventure park features a variety of water slides and attractions—from mild to wild.
Download this fun and informative app before visiting Dollywood and/or Dollywood’s Splash Country to prepare for your Smoky Mountain adventure.
This 1880’s highly themed park hosts 6 World-Class Festivals throughout the year! Spring brings international performers to the Heartland for World-Fest, and two of America’s greatest traditions are celebrated during the Midwest’s biggest gathering of Bluegrass & BBQ. Escape with your family during summer months to all the fun of KidsFest! Fall finds the most popular names in Southern Gospel music on stages throughout the park, and welcomes the National Harvest Festival featuring authentic harvest-time foods and demonstrating craftsmen. Then come home to Silver Dollar City during An Old Time Christmas, nationally recognized as one of the best holiday light shows in America!
Silver Dollar City’s official app will provide you instant access to the information you need to maximize your day.
•Information about all attractions, shows, dining and shopping.
•Easy to read festival, show and event schedules.
•Convenient ticket purchasing: Buy tickets and simply display the bar code generated on the device at the turnstiles for quick entry.
•GPS enabled maps to quickly find shops and attractions.
•Social Media and Friend Finder applications to stay in contact with your friends and family on and off park.
•Information and links to other Silver Dollar City Attractions such as the Showboat Branson Belle, White Water, and The Wilderness Log Cabins and Campgrounds.
• Interactive Park Map with search
• “Find Near Me”
• Calendar of Events and show times with the ability to create your own schedule
• Friend Finder
• Mobile Ticket Store
• Driving directions, operating calendar, weather and attraction information
• Direct connections to your social networks.
•Learn about and locate attractions, shows, dining and shopping
•Uncover 3,200 acres of natural beauty and recreation
•Find a new festival or event to attend
•Check out the calendar & hours to make the most of your visit
•Link to Stone Mountain Park’s web site to buy tickets and choose from two Marriott hotels inside the park to book a room
Keywords: Amusement Park, Worlds of Fun, Travel, Attraction, Kids, Family, Fun, WOF, WOF Mobile, Worldsoffun, worlds, space, waterpark, oceans of fun, theme parks
•Learn about and locate rides, live entertainment, animal exhibits, dining and shopping
•Find upcoming park events to attend
•Track your way through the park and your friends through the Friend Finder feature
•Check out the calendar & hours to make the most of your visit
•Share your adventure with friends on Facebook and Twitter