Our app provides detailed maps, parking information, animal viewing, special events, and tour highlights. Information on each animal species can be viewed using search functions, by name, category, and location. The National Zoo’s conservation programs are also highlighted. Just for fun, the app incorporates a Zooify Yourself feature to create your own animal features using any picture along with Animal Voices. The app provides a “connection” to all our social media initiatives along with the ability to support the National Zoo.
Museums In Washington DC isnt a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. You get useful info like:
-choose by category
-choose by selecting museum from a map
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
Museums In Washington D.C. includes a special link listing all Smithsonian museums regardless of category (although they are included with their default category. For example, the Air & Space Museum is listed in both the Smithsonian and Science links). This is available from the list links or from the maps.
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
With this app you will enjoy:
• Valuable promotional offers from local businesses
• Hours of operation and prices for museums and attractions
• Lists of many free things to do
• GPS-enabled, interactive maps with point-of-interest filters
• Current and future events occurring in the DC Area
• Favorites feature helps you create your own itinerary
• Search function lets you quickly find specific information and offers
• Recommended Sightseeing Itineraries
• Travel Tips
• Tours including Sightseeing Tours, Cruises & Water Tours, Hop On Hop Off Tours and Adventure Tours
• Sightseeing Attraction Tickets
• Activities including Water Sports, Workshops, Spas
• Airport Transfers
• Rentals including Bikes and Audio Guides
• Nightlife Experiences including Pub Crawls and Dinner Deals
• Shore Excursions
• City Cards
• Winter Tours
You can also use the app to find best deals on admission tickets for more than 2000 famous sights around the world like Louvre, Statue of Liberty, Anne Frank House and Bangkok Floating Markets.
Dzięki aplikacji ZOO Wrocław Mapa:
- bez problemu dotrzesz do wszystkich zwierząt
- nie pominiesz żadnej atrakcji
- nie przegapisz karmienia ulubionych zwierząt
- szybko znajdziesz najbliższą restaurację, wyjście czy toaletę
Smart Tour Guide, created by Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) is a credible audio guide application that contains interesting anecdotes collected from the archives of Korean history.
Explore the museums and tourist attractions while hearing the various stories of Korean history and culture.
You can save and categorize the stories by theme or create your own list to accompany you throughout your trip.
Also, you can collect stamps at set destinations and share your experiences by Facebook or Twitter.
The Smart Tour Guide will make your trip more meaningful and memorable.
◈ Operable areas
- Seoul (Jongno, Cheonggyecheon, Bukchon, Jongmyo Shrine), Gyeongju, Gongju, Buyeo, Iksan, Gimhae, Goryeong, Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty, Haeinsa Temple, National Museum of Korea, etc.
◈ Main Functions
- App content: audio guides (with script), photo images, current location (map)
- MY (storage): save stories by theme, mark favorites, create your own playlist
- My surroundings: Check out nearby tourist attractions
- I Was Here!: Leave your mark wherever you go
- Multiple language support: Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese (language availability differs by theme)
- Miscellaneous: automatic location alert, SNS sharing, search, etc.
- 2013 UNWTO Ulyssess Award for Innovation in Research and Technology
- 2013 Pacific Asia Travel Association(PATA) Gold Awards
Korea Tourism Organization
- Download the audio files in advance when you have a wireless internet connection to enjoy the app for free.
- Additional charges may be applied depending on your service provider if you access this app with an LTE or 3G connection.
- Supported OS: Optimized to Jelly Bean version 4.3. Supports GingerBread version 2.3.4 or later
- Supported resolution: Optimized to 1280 * 720. Supports up to 1920 * 1080
ZooConnector's easy yet powerful features allow you to concentrate on having fun while at a zoo without worrying where you are and what is around you to see.
Also, ZooConnector helps save the environment too by reducing printed maps.
If you do not see your zoo here, please go to ZooConnector.com and "Recommend a Zoo".
Current Zoos: Atlanta Zoo, Beijing Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, Cincinnati Zoo, Columbus Zoo, Detroit Zoo, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Honolulu Zoo, Houston Zoo, Milwaukee County Zoo, North Carolina Zoo, Oklahoma City Zoo, Philadelphia Zoo, Phoenix Zoo, San Diego Zoo, Smithsonian National Zoo, St Louis Zoo, Sydney Zoo, Utah Hogle Zoo, Woodland Park
Mission: Document 5000 zoos!
The app allows you to view a map of the zoo and exhibitions, use your phones built in GPS to navigate to the zoo, learn about the exhibitions, view pictures of the animals, learn about upcoming events, get rewarded for repeat visits, stay connected to the social world and more!
Attend – learn about upcoming events
Discover – check out the animal exhibitions
Earn Rewards – earn rewards and discounts for repeat customers
Map – Find exhibitions, facilities, and GPS driving directions
Voice Notes – speak into the app and record yourself
Stay Connected – connect with the Utica Zoo on Facebook and Twitter
Learn – learn about the programs and classes that are offered at the Utica Zoo
La aplicación de Tours Aventura te permite, de forma ágil y cómoda, conocer nuestros servicios, reservar, cotizar e interactuar con nosotros y mejorar tu experiencia en el destino cafetero. A través de las diversas herramientas que vienen en la aplicación te damos a conocer las actividades y eventos próximos, información sobre puntos de interés, tips y la guía turística del Eje Cafetero con excelentes alternativas de restaurantes y alojamientos. Con la opción de nuestra aplicación ¿dónde dejé mi carro?, puedes encontrar fácilmente tu carro en el lugar donde lo hayas estacionado. También puedes compartir tus fotos de viaje, comentar y enviar esta aplicación a familiares y amigos.
Disponible para teléfonos inteligentes Android y Apple.
User can make route of the trip walking or driving. Application is applicable for Android version from 2.2 to latest. Required GPS and internet connection (to load route and map).
This is very useful for those who live in Rome and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news
- City Map with top attractions (available offline)
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Rome.
- Public Transport (Atac, subway, Trenitalia)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info (main sights, history, geography, climate, monuments and main sights)
This application provides ‘Silla Historical Journey’ based in the city of Gyeongju, ‘BaekJe Historical Journey’ based in the city of Gongju, ‘Gaya Historical Journey’ based in the city of Gimhae, and National/Gyeongju/Buyeo/Gongju/ Gimhae Museum information, and it is also available online. (http://www.koreastorytelling.com)
○Available Language: Korean, English
○Available Method: Narration, Drama (Communication between two actors), Interview, etc.
○Available Places for Storytelling Service
- Silla dynasty district: Gyeongju national museum, Bulguksa temple, Daereungwon. ..Gyeongju area
- Gaya dynasty district: Gimhae national museum, Daeseong-dong tombs museum, King suro's tomb, tomb of Queen suro ,Gugibong
- BaekJe dynasty district: Gongjo national museum, Buyeo national museum, Jeongnimsaji museum, Baekje history & culture hall
Baekje cultural land ,Gong ju, Buyeo area
- National museum of korea: Archaeology hall part
- UNESCO : Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dyna, Jongmyo,Haeinsa, Yangdong Village, Hahoe Village
○Planning: Korea Tourism Organization http://www.visitkorea.or.kr
○Production: Justidea http://www.justidea.co.kr
Korea Tourism Organization,KTO,Visit Korea,Travel,Story,History Tour,국립중앙박물관
What can you do with Smithsonian Mobile?
• Plan your visit with museum hours, locations, floor plans, and more. "Favorite” events and exhibitions to create your own custom tour or scrapbook of your visit.
• Find our other mobile apps and websites and dig deeper into our stories. Tour collection highlights, watch videos, and listen to podcasts.
• Search our collections to make connections between museums, history, art and science.
• Use augmented reality (AR), "Smithsonian that Way," to discover the behind-the-scenes work of the Smithsonian's museums, research centers, libraries, archives, and affiliates in your neighborhood.
We want to hear from you! Log in via Facebook or Twitter to comment on our museums, collections, exhibitions, and artifacts. Share your expertise or tips!
Continually refreshed and renewed by both visitors and Smithsonian experts, there’s always a reason to come back to Smithsonian Mobile whether you’re on the National Mall, in a Smithsonian museum or beyond!
Developed for the Smithsonian by Tristan Interactive.
Designed for the home and classroom by the Smithsonian Science Education Center and Filament Games, this game teaches students how to describe movement and motion while visiting exotic animals at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park. Each animal has coloring-page printouts, so you can print and color your favorite critter.
Selected stories from the application will be featured on the Smithsonian’s “Stories from Main Street” website. Help us document the rich history of America’s small towns with stories that exemplify the excitement, diversity and creativity of their citizens. The Smithsonian wants to hear from you!
We thank our contributors from around the world for adding great stories to the database. Please be aware that only stories submitted from within the United States are available for playback through the app’s “Listen” function at this time, but we are saving all international contributions for future use.
Created by the Museum on Main Street (MoMS) program within the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES). Our exhibitions travel across the 50 states and U.S. territories. For complete schedule of our exhibitions visit http://www.storiesfrommainstreet.org/pages/pickAnExhibition.html
This juried exhibition of portraits includes 48 works created from both traditional media like oil paintings, drawings and photographs as well as more surprising materials such as rice, glitter, thread and video. The museum received over 3,000 entries in a variety of visual arts media. The winner of the National Portrait Gallery’s third Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition received a grand prize of $25,000 and a commission to create a portrait of a living individual for the museum’s permanent collection.
The competition and exhibition are made possible by the vision and generosity of Virginia Outwin Boochever. More information at: http://portraitcompetition.si.edu
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the 1972 UNESCO Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage and to further its objectives, the Smithsonian and UNESCO have partnered to produce the Stories of World Heritage app and website http://worldheritage.si.edu Uniting 187 countries in the collective protection of our shared heritage, this Convention is the most successful international heritage conservation instrument in existence, and the only one that links together in a single document the concepts of nature conservation and the preservation of cultural properties. The Convention is a vital instrument for concrete action in preserving threatened sites and endangered ecosystems. We hope you’ll support its important work by adding your voice to the Stories of World Heritage project!
Participate by describing one of the objects on display or your experience of the exhibition. Tell us what else should be included in the show or respond to a comment in the app left by someone else.
Or simply listen to the people (staff and/or visitors) you choose as they talk about the objects and time periods from American history that most interest you, and “vote up” your favorites so they get priority in the play list for other listeners!
Regardless of where you are located, this augmented reality app will allow you to see NMAAHC before it's built. While on the National Mall in Washington D.C., choose the "View Live on the Mall" experience and view a model of the NMAAHC building at the construction site at Constitution Avenue and 14th Street. If you're not in Washington, D.C., you can explore several immersive experiences by choosing “View from Iconic Locations” and seeing a 360 degree view that includes a rendering of the museum.
"Romare Bearden: A Black Odyssey," from the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES), represents the first full-scale presentation of these works outside of New York City and is on a seven-city national tour through 2014. “Romare Bearden: A Black Odyssey” and its related educational resources are supported by a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
The companion book Romare Bearden: A Black Odyssey was written by Robert G. O'Meally (DC Moore Gallery, New York, 2008).
App designed and developed by GuideOne. Audio produced by Acoustiguide.