Fully standalone application made from the harmonic constants provided by PreviMer.
All displayed local time, are in the summer and winter hours.
The menu is used to calculate the tides and to give specifics on a day or month to choose from.
Choose your own threshold (minimum height for sailing or fishing for maximum distance).
List the tides in a selected period and possibly store schedules low tides in your diary
Enter a head of water and set schedules for which it will be reached or for such time before any water depth.
You can edit tables and marigrams with your printer
Ask possibly other ports.
Thank you to share your comments to further improve the application.
Voiles et Voiliers - use it while cruising or racing - November 2014
Yachting World - "impressive" - July 2014
Transatlantic race The Cape - Rio - The Sun Fast 3200 Yolo winner in class 2 - January 2014
SailGrib WR is a sophisticated sailing weather routing app yet easy to use.
It is designed for recreational cruisers or demanding racers.
It calculates the fastest sailing route to your destination along a route with waypoints.
It now includes:
- a full set of atlases of tidal currents for all the European coasts. A SailGrib WR exclusivity.
- a tide module which calculates and displays tides level predictions around the world.
In SailGrib WR, you can specify amongst other parameters:
- the wind grib file: SailGrib WR includes the regular SailGrib features.
- the start, the destination points and intermediary waypoints
- the departure date and time,
- the speed polar file of your boat. SailGrib WR uses regular Maxsea polar files (.pol extension)
SailGrib WR includes a set of more than 100 polar files for different sailboats.
- wind limits up and downwind
- minimum upwind angle for comfort while cruising
- night efficiency loss for cruising
- mixed routing: use your engine if you are too slow sailing.
- the current
Before you purchase this app, you might want to try the free version which is fully functional but with some limitations.
Grib files are computer-generated forecast files which are sent without review, and are offered on an as-is basis. There is no assurance that the data is accurate or correct. By using such data, you acknowledge and agree to these limitations.
The weather routing module is for planning purpose only and should not be used for navigation. The map used by the weather routing algorithm is very coarse and for example does not include all the islands.
By using these data and this algorithm you agree to these limitations and assume all the responsibility for their use.
CRUISING WORLD - APP OF THE MONTH - February 2013
Sailing weather and tides forecast maps designed for and by sailors.
With SailGrib, enjoy viewing weather and tide forecast on your Android device.
Select the map that you want to get data for
- request the grib file, download it and view its data on SailGrib.
- tide calculations are done directly on your device, no need for an internet connexion
The area selection is very simple as SailGrib uses maps.
The data request is done through SailGrib, Saildocs,Great Circle. SailGrib gets grib files by direct download or through an email exchange.
- choose a map and overlay weather forecast data,
- download data using the best Grib files providers : SailGrib, Great Circle, Saildocs, MeteoConsult,...
- specify the request to your needs,
- request can be adjusted to match a maximum file size
- can be used with satellite phone email services like XGate with optimizer, the Iiridium Go or the AxcessPoint.
- offlline maps capability combined with satellite mail allows usage at sea.
- view weather overlays together on the same map
With SailGrib, you can download and view the following data:
- Wind (10m above sea level)
- Pressure (reduced to mean sea level)
- Precipitation (accumulated over 6 hours)
- Total cloud cover
- Air Temperature ( 2m above ground)
- Wave (significant wave height, mean wave direction and period)
- Tidal or oceanic currents
With SailGrib, you can specify the following parameters for your grib file request:
- grib provider : SailGrib, Great Circle, SailDocs, MeteoConsult, GMN, ....
- request method : direct download (SailGrib, Great Circle, MeteoConsult, GMN) or email (Great Circle and SailDocs)
- grid resolution: from very high resolution to 2.5°
- time step between forecasts :from 1 hour to 12 hours depending on models
- number of days for the forecast: from 1 to 14 depending on model
- maximum file size. SailGrib estimates the size of the grib file you request and adjust the grid resolution and the time step to make sure your file will size be lower than your set limit.
With SailGrib, you can view the following data:
- Precipitation maps
- Cloud cover maps
- Temperature maps
- Waves maps and arrows
- CAPE map
Tide forecast are not official and are for reference purpose only.
Grib files are computer-generated forecast files which are sent without review, and are offered on an as-is basis. There is no assurance that the data is accurate or correct. By using these data you agree to these limitations and assume all the responsibility for their use.
In february 2013, SailGrib was elected App of the month by the magazine Cruising World.
SailGrib uses the JGRIB Java GRIB decoder (jgrib.sourceforge.net) and OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org).
- Sailing weather maps that cover every area in Greece
- Wind, Temperature and Pressure info
- Detailed list with all marine areas
- Automatic location tracking and information display
Το meteo.gr φέρνει στο Android όλες τις πληροφορίες που χρειάζεστε για το ταξίδι σας στη θάλασσα:
- Ιστιοπλοϊκούς μετεωρολογικούς χάρτες για όλη την Ελλάδα
- Πληροφορίες για άνεμο, τη θερμοκρασία και την ατμοσφαιρική πίεση
- Αναλυτική λίστα με όλες τις θαλάσσιες περιοχές
- Αυτόματο εντοπισμό και πληροφορίες για την περιοχή που βρίσκεστε
HF Weather Fax lets you receive marine weather radiofascimile transmissions on your Android device, using the audio from your HF marine radio. Just set it next to the radio's speaker or headphones, tune in a weather fax frequency, and watch the images come in.
HF Weather Fax is perfect for mariners who want to be able to view the latest weather reports and forecasts.
Received fax images can be manually or automatically saved, and viewed later.
Buy your copy right now, and start decoding and displaying weather fax transmissions in minutes.
Uses geolocation to find closest locations.
Displays sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset times and moon phase.
Tide coefficient estimate for French Atlantic and Channel locations.
4 home screen widgets:
- 1x1: displays time and height of next tide
- 2x1: displays time and height of last and next tides
- 3x1: displays time and height of last and next two tides
- 4x1: displays time and height of last and next three tides
Low tides have a light blue background and high tides a dark blue.
Can be moved to SD card (incompatible with widget use).
Note: For US,UK or Australian locations, please check «US Tides», «UK Tides» or «AU Tides» applications.
METEO CONSULT supplies weather information to 140 harbour offices and to race organisers: the Route du Rhum, the Transat Jacques Vabre, the mini 6.50 transatlantic race, the Tour de France à la Voile, the Solitaire du Figaro, the Générali Solo, etc…
METEO CONSULT is now making available its expertise in Marine weather forecasting through its new METEO CONSULT Marine Android Phone application.
Completely free, it enables you to view:
• the 10-day coastal forecast for France and Europe with the navigable coastal area
map, information on the wind, swell, temperatures and cloud cover
• the areas surrounding ports, surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing spots,lakes.
It also displays:
• semaphore observations
• warnings and special notices
• coastal warnings by notification and gale warnings
• videos: the situation at sea, for the different sailing areas
• satellite images and precipitation radars
The METEO CONSULT MARINE application is accessible in 4 languages: French, English, Italian and Spanish.
METEO CONSULT forecasts are also available on the www.meteoconsult.com website and by telephone, from France by phoning the short number 3201 (€1.35 per call + €0.34 per minute), and from abroad on +33 1 77 86 86 86 (standard phone call charges apply + subscription or cost of the information).
- Supports over 7,000 tidal stations in over 30 countries (including the US, Canada, Brazil, UK, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Australia and New Zealand)!
- Find the nearest locations to you when the app opens, so you can get tide times no matter where you are!
- Never have to worry about ensuring the data is up-to-date because the app takes care of that for you!
- See 7-day forecasts for all locations (some even have 30-day tide charts!)
- When information has been downloaded it is stored on the phone so you can view it without an internet connection!
- It offers a clean interface that you just won't get from other apps!
If you're in need of tide tables, charts, forecasts or times, don't go elsewhere - you can install My Tide Times today. It's similar to apps like Tides Near Me.
Sailing Weather is a simple app used to determine if the weather forecast is good enough to go sailing based on your preferences. Set your preferred weather conditions for temperature, rain, wind and a sail boat icon is displayed if the weather is within those parameters, a house icon is displayed otherwise.
- New weather data provider with a more accurate weather forecast
- Touch the daily weather forecast to get a detailed hourly weather forecast
- Select a forecast start and end time to get the forecast for the hours you are actually awake
- Redesigned use interface with scalable images that look much better
- Scales beautifully on both small and large screens
- Fast load time
- Small size
- English and metric weather data selected automatically based on your location
- Location based on GPS, zip code, city/state or city/country (GPS is slow, entering a location is much faster)
Powered by Forecast http://forecast.io
Please email me with any issues or feature requests before giving the app a negative rating.
-Report for 50,000 + Weather Stations
-Virtual Station Forecasts for Anywhere on Earth
-Create Wind Profiles
-Wind Alerts via Push Notifications
-Sea Surface Temperatures
-Ability to view and post onsite reports. When you post an onsite report, you can optionally use the WeatherFlow Wind Meter to measure the wind! The wind meter uses the audio jack, and that's why the app needs audio permissions. Learn more about the Wind Meter here: http://www.weatherflow.com/windmeter/
* forecasts for 40000+ spots
* observations from 18000+ weather stations
* configurable favorites, measuring units
„Windfinder“ is free, with ads. „Windfinder Pro“ is not free, without ads and with Superforecast (hourly time steps, available in Europe, North America and Egypt), with widgets and global wind forecast maps.
It is based on the NOAA GFS 0.5 degrees model.
It runs on Android 4.x (tablet or phone).
Main Features :
. Routing up to 72 hours
. Charting based on Google Maps
. Nautical free raster charts (+1000 charts) can be used in online/offline mode
. Support private raster charts ( KAP files, GeoTiff )
. Board Book included
. Connection to social networks to share your cruises with friends
. About 240 boat polars (additional polars on demand)
. Polars managed at sail set level
. Mixed sailing + engine routing
. Security limits based on acceptable wind speed (gust or established)
. Flexible starting point (position and time)
. Worldwide coverage
. Boat efficiency in % (to integrate boat and/or crew capabilities)
. Interface to navigation systems via GPX or KML interface
. Capability to import to external weather forecasts file (Great Circle, MeteoConsult, etc ..). Supported formats are grib1 and grib2.. Compatible with Saildocs.
. Optional intégration of coastal and oceanic currents provided by MyOcean in routes calculations, and display of those currents. Covered area: from 19W to 5E and from 26N to 56N (Iberia, Biscay and Ireland.
. Optional weather and forecast on navigation zone