Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
I have received quite a few suggestions/feature requests from some of you but the situation is quite tricky here.
I have originally developed the app for my own use and to learn how to build Android apps. I don't see much point in further developments of the app for a number of reasons:
1. There is no official API for avherald, so what you see in the app is a result of parsing the avherald website, which is quite tricky and not very robust (i.e. a change to the website might render the app useless). As a result features like posting comments, although possible to implement, require a lot of effort and time (also to maintain after they have been released).
2. A couple of months back Simon has released an official iOS app for avherald and I'm sure he's working hard on an Android app, too. Due to the fact that it will be tightly integrated with the data sources, it will most likely simply be better than my app, so everybody will switch to the new one.
3. I have absolutely no incentive to continue working on the app; some time ago I have introduced a mild form of non-intrusive advertising but nobody is clicking on the ads - throughout this whole period the app has made less than a third of what I had to pay to register as a Google developer, to be able to post the app on Google Play in the first place.
4. For a brief moment I was considering releasing a paid version of the app with extra features but since it relies on hard work of somebody else (Simon), I thought it wouldn't be ethical.
* 30 day free trial after which DATA PURCHASE REQUIRED.
** $74.99/yr (Standard) or $149.99/yr (Premium) with Georeferenced approach plates & airport diagrams through Google Play.
*** US Only, VFR and IFR
A data subscription is required after the 30 day free trial. Subscriptions are authenticated using the associated Google Wallet account on your Android device.
Application features include (in addition to Intuitive, Fast and Smart):
-POI search to find and save street addresses, business names or partial airport and fix names
-Georeferenced approach plates & airport diagrams (premium subscription required)
-NEXRAD and ADS-B traffic (TIS-B) w/supported devices
-View and plan with surface winds and winds aloft
-Write or draw on charts and terminal procedures
-Create, save and sync custom user waypoints
-Create, save and sync custom Flight Plans
-Alternate/Redundant data servers
-Sophisticated weight and balance
-FBO Fuel Price (100LL; Jet A)
-Pinch to zoom and measure
-Store data on External SD
-Real-time GPS tracking
-Legal filing and briefing
-Grand Canyon Charts
-Track Log feature
Weather Display (Chart Overlay):
-NEXRAD (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
-SIGMETs and AIRMETs (Internet, MobileLink)
-PIREPs (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
-METARs (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
-TAFs (Internet, MobileLink, ADS-B)
-Current Icing Potential (Internet)
-Satellite imagery (MobileLink)
-Lightning strikes (MobileLink)
-Freezing levels (MobileLink)
-NOTAMs (Internet, ADS-B)
-Area forecast (Internet)
FlightPro is a flight planning and in flight support application that runs on Android, the world’s most popular mobile platform! Highly capable and responsive, the FlightPro Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) reduces cockpit workload and provides relevant information when you need it.
FlightPro displays your current position and flight plan onto an FAA Sectional, TAC, Low Altitude or High Altitude chart (supports US only at this time). On the ground, current weather information (NEXRAD, winds, PIREPs, SIGMETs, AIRMETs, TAFs, and METARs) is overlaid for long range planning, allowing pilots to visualize how current conditions will impact their flight. ADS-B compatibility available in flight.
FlightPro can also be used to receive and file an official briefing through Lockeed Martin Flight Services AFSS!
Input and easily amend airports, waypoints, victor/jet airways, GPS coordinates and DME. Advanced navigation log with time/distance/bearing info takes into account current winds aloft using FlightPro’s proprietary algorithm, and includes an extensive airport information directory.
Once airborne, the actual routes flown can be stored as GPS breadcrumbs, which can later be uploaded and viewed in Google Earth.
All charts and plates are viewable via our servers with an Internet connection but must be downloaded for offline use. RouteMinder automatically checks the planned route for Charts needing downloaded.
Third party devices and programs integration:
-Bluetooth GPS devices (i.e. Dual XGPS150/A and Garmin GLO)
-ZAON XRX Traffic
-iLevil with AHRS
*FAA Approved - Class 1 Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) - legal briefing and flight plan filing.*
**Please reference AC91-78 and AIM Chapter 1 for more information regarding removal of paper aeronautical charts from the cockpit and use of handheld devices for navigation.**
***Unfortunately we cannot respond to feedback, app issues or feature requests left in Google Play reviews. For application support or to leave feedback for us please visit our http://www.flightpro.com***
This E6B program is not only the most powerful on the market but provides pilots an especially easy to use interface. Rather than pages of formulas, simply enter what you know and the E6B will provide all the parameters it knows how to compute! Like all Avilution apps, this program was developed for pilots by a pilot!
Developed by a pilot and inspired by the aviation tradition of cockpit checklist handling, this application allows you to easily run through checklists and even will read you items. Checklist data is stored in a plain text file on your phone, and is easily edited on your computer.