Anesthesia CALC is a great anesthesia calculator for both anesthesia providers and students alike! Anesthesia CALC offers great features like MAC calculations not available in any other android apps!
IBW (gender specific)
Uses formulas described by Eger(2001) to Calculate MAC values for isoflurane, sevoflurane, and desflurane, based on age, temp, and presence of N2O.
Calculates induction doses for propofol, etomidate, ketamine, midazolam, methohexital, thiopental, succinylcholine, rocuronium (standard and rapid sequence), vecuronium, cisatracurium, pancuronium. Reversal doses for neostigmine, pyridostigmine, edrophonium, atropine, and glycopyrrolate.
Ett size and cm to the lip
LMA size by weight and gender
Tidal volume by weight and IBW
Anatomic dead space
Alveolar dead space (requires ABG)
Estimated blood volume (based on BMI as described by Lemmens(2006))
Hourly crystaloid replacement (based on hours NPO and tissue trauma)
Allowable blood loss
Estimated PRBC volume needed to achieve a hct
Converts mcg/kg/min, mcg/min, mcg/kg/hr, mg/min, mg/hr, units/min, units/hr, units/kg/hr to ml/hr with user specified drip concentration.
This app was created with Google app inventor and as such the android back button is not supported yet. There are on screen back buttons within the app. Also the app request internet permission while the app in no way accesses the internet.
Thank you very much for looking at Anesthesia CALC please email any questions, comments, and feature request to email@example.com
Note: At this time the app is not optimized for tablets as it takes 30 seconds or more to initialize on most tablets. I am working on this and will update when it is resolved.
The app is currently being rewritten from the ground up! Please email me with new drugs/options that you would like to see within the app.
Please be sure to read the disclaimer on the apps homescreen.
Keywords: Anesthesia, Anesthetist, CRNA, SRNA, Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia Assistant, Nurse anesthetist, Intubation, Rapid sequence, drug calculator, MAC, anesthetic
Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia Procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital an easy-to-scan outline format, it provides current, inclusive, concise, consistent, and clinically relevant guidelines for anesthesia, perioperative care, critical care, and pain management.
- It has been written, reviewed, updated, and field-tested by the internationally recognized Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital
- This edition describes practices such as laryngeal mask airway use for thyroidectomies, paravertebral blocks, vagal nerve stimulators for epilepsy, episcleral blocks, and anesthesia for percutaneous lung biopsy
- New medications for hypertension and diabetes are discussed
- More changes are seen in the references on transfusion therapy, including updates on estimating blood volume in obese patients, transfusion-related acute lung injury, graft versus host disease, and the new data on the utility of aprotinin
- The intraoperative sections tackle multiple topics ranging from neuromuscular blockade monitoring to anesthesia outside of the operating room
- Includes 4 Calculators and 7 interactive flowcharts which act as step-by-step decision support tool
- Includes alphabetical drug appendix
- Comprehensive but concise content coverage
All our Anesthesia Drugs
Labor and Delivery (detailed)
Asthma (Mild or Severe)
Anaphylaxis (Mild or Severe)
Once you pick one of the categories above, everything is already
calculated for that specific weight.
Pharmacology & Physiology in Anesthetic Practice; Stoelting and Miller; 2006
Clinical Anesthesia; Barash, 2006
Emergency Medicine Secrets; Markovchick; 2010
Clinical Anesthesiology; Morgan and Mikhail; 2005
This powerful tool includes proven clinical guidelines in a fast read format for preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative anesthesia procedures. Written by the residents, fellows, and staff from the Anesthesia Department at the renowned Massachusetts General Hospital, Clinical Anesthesia Procedures is a trusted resource leading to safe pre-, intra-, and post-operative patient care. The latest edition of this resource emphasizes the clinical fundamentals needed by practicing anesthesiologists, anesthesia residents, nurse anesthetists, and trainees at the point of care.
Clinical Anesthesia Procedures features:
• Comprehensive guidelines for the safe administration of anesthesia
• Clinical fundamentals for perioperative care, critical care, and pain management
• Detailed images, tables, and charts to illustrate key concepts
• Concise recommendations from 80+ trusted contributors
• Anesthetic drug quick reference with indications, dosage, effect, and more
• Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
• Favorites for ’bookmarking’ important entries
Editor: Wilton C. Levine, MD
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Take this best selling drug reference guide with you in the operating room, the intensive care unit, and in the emergency room and be confident with the drugs you administer to your patients. This latest update is based on the 4th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
- Added new drugs including Dexmedetomidine Hcl, Fospropofol Disodium, Milrinone Lactate, Aprepitant, Fosaprepitant Dimeglumine, Intralipid 20%, Tranexamic Acid, Inamrinone Lactate and the inhalation gas Nitric Oxide
- Newly added algorithms on Control of Rate and Rhythm, Pulseless Electrical Activity, Stable Ventricular Tachycardia (Monomorphic or Polymorphic), and many more
- Information on all drugs has been updated where applicable including information on drug storage, current manufacturer and FDA warnings and guidelines
- Expanded dosing information has been provided on many of the drugs including the muscle relaxants, narcotics and local anesthetics
- For the resident-in-training, it is a concise, quick overview of drugs that will be needed to administer patient care and prepare for the board examinations
This App simplifies pediatric anesthesia. It has all the drugs pre-calculated from 1-40 kg. Just click on your patient's weight and all your doses are there, including fluid balance and airway information etc.
It also has Pediatric Review Notes for anesthesia residents, rusty CRNAs,SRNAs and nurses who just got accepted into an Anesthesia Program
Whatever you are looking for, the Miniatlas Anesthesia has an image for it.
The Miniatlas Anesthesia application offers a large collection of high quality, detailed medical images about the general features of Anesthesia, accompanied by referenced texts. Use it to explain to your patients all the relevant aspects of this speciality. With this great visual aid, patients become more active during their visits, and you can give them all the answers they need.
The Miniatlas Anesthesia offers the following features:
* A large database of detailed and labeled pictures associated with Anesthesia.
* Each illustration is accompanied by a detailed text explanation
* Close view (zoom in) of any section of the image
* Simple search - just type part of the keyword you are looking for
* E-mail of any image or section of an image
* It helps doctors communicate with patients more easily and effectively
* It works in portrait or landscape mode
Go ahead and download the Miniatlas Anesthesia now!
A must-have for every anesthesiologist, critical care specialist, nurse anesthetist, and trainee, Anesthesia Central is a comprehensive collection of disease, drug, test, and procedure information for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. Anesthesia Central is organized in a quick-read format so you can quickly find answers—anytime, anywhere.
Anesthesia Central is built on the award-winning Unbound™ Platform, which features an intuitive interface, superior navigation tools, and a clean design built into every reference. And, Unbound Medicine’s platform includes web access to Anesthesia Central, making it even more convenient.
Anesthesia Central includes:
CLINICAL ANESTHESIA PROCEDURES OF THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL
Clinical Anesthesia Procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital includes proven guidelines in a fast read format for preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative anesthesia procedures. The latest edition of this resource emphasizes the clinical fundamentals needed by practicing anesthesiologists, anesthesia residents, nurse anesthetists, and trainees at the point of care.
POCKET ICU MANAGEMENT
Pocket ICU Management covers a range of topics from life-threatening disorders to presenting conditions and is organized by History & Physical, Diagnostic Tests, General Management Principles, Specific Treatments, Ongoing Assessment, and Complications.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
This best-selling drug reference provides detailed information on over 5,000 brand name and generic drugs. Davis’s Drug Guide includes regular updates for FDA-approved medications; details of IV administration, dilution, and concentration; high-alert notices; patient safety information; and interactions.
POCKET GUIDE TO DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Pocket Guide to Diagnostics Tests provides evidence-based information on the selection and interpretation of over 350 common laboratory tests.
MEDLINE Journals provides citations and abstracts from the latest issue of medical journals. You can also link to the fully integrated Unbound MEDLINE service, where you can find related articles and view full-text articles provided by the journal publisher.
Features of Anesthesia Central for Android:
•Interface optimized for Android devices
•Universal Index Search across all references
•Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
•Web access and updates for one year
* Presents coverage of each block through a consistent organization that makes it easy to locate the information you need and allows for better learning.
* Offers review-style questions that test your knowledge and competence and offer an excellent tool for ABA board exam preparation.
* Includes more than 400 figures for visualization of the nerves and surrounding structures.
* Helpful hints, including information on pronunciation
As the title states, this is an atlas of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia with abundant, well-annotated images.
*This is a fully functional trial*
Purpose: It is intended to serve as a reference and teaching resource. This is a desperate need for many practitioners, and this book is likely to become the gold standard, bedside reference.
Audience: The audience is anyone who might perform the blocks it so beautifully illustrates, including anesthesia residents, pain fellows, and attending-level practitioners in both private practice and academia. While it might be useful for teaching students rotating through anesthesia, the book is clearly targeted at those who perform these blocks.
Features: It includes a brief review of the physics of capturing ultrasound images, as well as some very practical and useful chapters about the application of ultrasound in the performance of regional anesthesia (e.g. chapters on approach techniques and sonographic signs of successful injections). The images are vastly better than most practitioners can obtain, and are richly and effectively annotated. It reads easily, as any useful bedside/clinical atlas should. Wisely, the author has avoided talking about drugs, volumes, and dosages, information which is reasonable to expect practitioners to know or obtain from other resources.
Assessment: If you practice ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, you are likely to find this an invaluable bedside resource. If you teach ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, you will find this an indispensable reference. It is large enough to be really useful, yet light/small enough to be very portable. I anticipate that it will become a must-have addition to most anesthesia libraries, and that copies will find their way to most places where regional anesthesia is performed.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
All calculations made by AneIV are to be concidered as a guidance. Calcualtions shall always be verified by user and other person.
AneIV is an application created to ease planning of an anesthesia to a patient.
Here are all Tabs and features listed with some description:
The user supply gender, age, weight and height and AneIV will calculate Body Mass Index (BMI), Leady Body Weight (LBW), Ideal Body Weight (IBW) and Adjusted Dosing Weight (ADW) for adults and estimated weight for children between 1 - 10 years of age.
If all variables are supplied by the user, AneIV also calculates Body Square Area, BSA.
Here the user chooses what weight to use when calculating medicine doses.
With some variables supplied by the user, AneIV calculates fluidloss and how to replace this during surgery.
Estimated bloodvolume and 10, 20 and 30% loss of estimated bloodvolume is also listed.
Maintenancefluid for children during surgery.
What weight to use when calculating OR-data can be chosen in Settings.
AneIV has a list of medications and will calculate doses based on weight. What weight to use, actual weight, IBW or ABW, is up to the user to decide.
Users who have paid for AneIV can download additional lists through Settings. Downloading list number 1 gives the user all medications supported by the version of AneIV installed on device.
Users who have paid for AneIV can make theire own lists based on medications known to AneIV. See http://forum.tomylabs.com/medications/ for details.
Users can list ongoing infusions for a patient. Calculates dose per Kg per timeunit depending on drug. This makes AneIV usefull for healthcarepersonell without background from anesthesiology as well.
Based on weight and age, AneIV supplies airwayequipment to use!
In addition, based on age and weight, AneIV presents some basic vital signs.
All your favoirtes!
AneIV has an emergency-button. Here AneIV presents common emergencymedications and airwayequipment at you fingertips.
The paid version of AneIV also includes Tool(s). As of version 1.3 there are three tool, but more will be added.
Tools that is included are the Parkland burn formula, Unit Conversion and Respiratory calculations.
See homepage for more details and references : http://aneiv.tomylabs.com
A simple Paediatric Anaesthesia Calculator (Not intended for use with neonates).
E are measured using the metric system and
are based on the weight which is inputed or calculated
in Kilograms. (A lbs to kg conversion function is available on the input screen).
In no event shall Lee Gerhard Geertshuis be liable for any special,
incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind,
or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits,
whether or not advised of the possibility of damage under any
theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use
or performance of this software and the information within it.
All calculations must be confirmed before use.
While information in this software has been obtained from sources
believed to be reliable, I, Lee Gerhard Geertshuis, do not warrant
the accuracy of the information contained in this software.
Age (To estimate weight and calculate ETT - Mandatory,
weight is required for an age between 0 and 1 years old).
Weight (If this is entered then the age is not used
to estimate the weight)
ETT Length Oral,
ETT Length Nasal,
Estimated Blood Volume,
CVP line size & depth,
Rx Hyperkalaemia (Ca Gluconate + Dextrose + Insulin),
The Anesthetic Gas Cost Calculator application has been designed to show the average costs of inhalation anesthetic agents sevoflurane and desflurane in the areas of cost per mL and cost per MAC hour.
Users may enter to following variables:
-Cost of Agents
-% of N20 Used
The application will calculate for the user the Inhalation Cost per MAC/hr as well as the Inhalation Agent Cost/mL.
More from developer
It incorporates a simple and fast interface and provides comprehensive results maximizing your time caring for patients.
Check the complete list of calculators at
The Omer is counted every evening after nightfall,
from the second night of Passover till the night before Shavuot.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any bugs, updates, questions or suggestions.
Sefirat Ha-Omer - Rev 1.0.3
Copyright 2009-10 - AvivoNet Soft.
The user will also enter a date on a date spinner, and the application will then display:
1. The Hebrew date for that date.
2. The current year date on which the Hebrew Date falls.
3. The Bar Mitzvah date (For a boy).
4. The Bat Mitzvah date (For a girl).
2. Displays the Zemanim for the current location as well as many selected world cities.
3. Shows if the day is a special day.
4. Displays the hagim for the current year and any other year.
5. Saves names and dates.
More features and screen shots at avivonet.com
See the complete list of drugs at avivonet.com/g1_med_inf.htm
email@example.com to add more drugs, suggestions or bugs.
Email us any synagogue or minyan that is not in this list for these countries and new ones.
Email us bugs, comments and or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2009 Avivonet Software
We will also publish a Minha/Maariv application as well as
for other Nusah.
NOTE: Due to Android software limitations(no native Hebrew), this app requires 11.5MB.
Email us bugs, comments and or suggestions at email@example.com
Copyright 2009 Avivonet Software
We will publish the Minha/Arvit, as well as the Tefillot for RoshHodesh.
Due to limitations in the Android Software, this application requires 16MB.
Email us bugs, suggestions and or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2009-2010 Avivonet Software.