Have in your device the daily readings Missal of the Catholic Church and a Prayer Book.
Read the readings of new and old Testament, psalms and gospel of daily liturgy.
Included languages (Mass Readings):
- English (Calendar of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Spanish (Calendar of Conferencia Episcopal Española)
- Portuguese (Calendar of Conferência Nacional dos Bispos do Brasil)
- French (Roman Calendar)
Included languages (Prayer Book):
Also you can bookmark your favorite prayers , copy to clipboard, share via sms, facebook or any other application
Hopefully simple and user friendly interface helps you to enjoy the catholic prayers .
Feel free to contact us with any comments or questions.
Here is a large list of the topics and count of catholic prayers:
- about Acts of - (306)
- Advent - (17)
- Angel - (56)
- Ash Wednesday - (19)
- prayers about Babies - (5)
- Baptism - (7)
- Basic - (222)
- Biblical prayers - (102)
- Birthday - (2)
- Career - (6)
- prayers about Children - (40)
- Christ - (13)
- Christmas - (22)
- Communion - (78)
- Confession - (10)
- Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament - (11)
- Consolation - (4)
- Crucifix - (2)
- Danger - (4)
- Devotion Prayers- (16)
- Disasters - (1)
- Divinity - (15)
- Dying - (68)
- Easter - (13)
- Evening Prayers - (30)
- Faith - (51)
- Family - (102)
- Fathers - (8)
- Forgiveness Prayers - (7)
- to God - (69)
- Grace - (11)
- Guidance - (7)
- Haiku - (38)
- Healing- (35)
- Holiday - (10)
- Holiness - (3)
- Holy Spirit - (73)
- Home - (5)
- Hope - (55)
- Inspirational Prayers - (1)
- Intercession - (10)
- Invocation - (21)
- Jesus Christ - (119)
- Lent - (26)
- Life - (23)
- Litanies - (23)
- prayers about Love - (14)
- Marian - (Mary) - (277)
- Marriage - (4)
- Martyrs - (3)
- Mass - (56)
- Meals - (16)
- Morning Prayers - (22)
- Motherhood - (5)
- Offering - (16)
- Other - (90)
- Peace - (47)
- Perseverance - (9)
- Pope - (46)
- Pope Leo XIII - (7)
- Pope Pius XII - (24)
- Praise - (30)
- Prayers as Blessings - (49)
- Prayers by Pope John Paul II - (6)
- Prayers by St. Francis de Sales - (4)
- Prayers for the Pope - (2)
- Prayers in SPANISH - (5)
- Prayers of the Church - (14)
- Prayers of the Cross - (10)
- Priests - (41)
- Pro Life - (4)
- Prosperity - (5)
- Protection - (31)
- Purgatory - (26)
- Repentance - (11)
- Requests - (4)
- prayers about Saint - (132)
- Salvation - (12)
- Service - (4)
- Sick - (38)
- about Special Intentions - (3)
- St. Anthony of Padua Prayers - (23)
- St. Gregory the Great - (1)
- St. Joseph Prayers - (39)
- St. Patrick - (13)
- St. Valentine - (18)
- Stewardship - (2)
- Strength - (3)
- Study - (5)
- Thanks - (1)
- The Rosary in Croation - (1)
- The Rosary in Dutch - (1)
- The Rosary in English - (5)
- The Rosary in French - (1)
- The Rosary in German - (1)
- The Rosary in Irish-Gaelic - (1)
- The Rosary in Italian - (1)
- The Rosary in Latin - (1)
- The Rosary in Polish - (1)
- Travel - (9)
- Trust - (4)
- Virtue - (24)
- Vocation - (19)
- Wedding - (5)
- Wisdom - (2)
The Pocket Catholic App is a very lightweight app that allows you to carry with you a searchable list of common Catholic prayers that can be said during the Holy Mass, Reconciliation, Lent or while in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. By clicking the buttons along the top of the app, you have the ability to:
- Find Catholic Churches near you based on your gps location.
- Read the Daily Readings
- Listen live to the Catholic Radio Station EWTN, and stream it while you navigate to other apps.
- Write down names, thoughts, etc. which are saved in the Note Pad area.
We will continue to implement new features, translations and prayers in future updates and encourage any feedback you may have. This app is made available for free and all I ask in return is that you keep my family in your prayers :) Thanks for the positive reviews everyone!
- Search by book name, chapter number or by word;
- Quick and simple navigation between pages;
- It´s possible to share any verse with the apps in your Android;
- Easy to read because there is a nice contrast difference between verses;
- Catholic Version;
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books") is a canonical collection of texts considered sacred in Judaism as well as in Christianity. The term Bible is shared between the two religions, although the contents of each of their collections of canonical texts is not the same. Different religious groups include different books within their canons, in different orders, and sometimes divide or combine books, or incorporate additional material into canonical books.
The Hebrew Bible, or Tanakh, contains twenty-four books divided into three parts: the five books of the Torah ("teaching" or "law"), the Nevi'im ("prophets"), and the Ketuvim ("writings").
Christian Bibles range from the sixty-six books of the Protestant canon to the eighty-one books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church canon. The first part of Christian Bibles is the Old Testament, which contains, at minimum, the twenty-four books of the Hebrew Bible divided into thirty-nine books and ordered differently than the Hebrew Bible. The Catholic Church and Eastern Christian churches also hold certain deuterocanonical books and passages to be part of the Old Testament canon. The second part is the New Testament, containing twenty-seven books: the four Canonical gospels, Acts of the Apostles, twenty-one Epistles or letters, and the Book of Revelation.
By the 2nd century BCE Jewish groups had called the Bible books "holy," and Christians now commonly call the Old and New Testaments of the Christian Bible "The Holy Bible" (τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια, tà biblía tà ágia) or "the Holy Scriptures" (η Αγία Γραφή, e Agía Graphḗ). Many Christians consider the whole canonical text of the Bible to be divinely inspired. The oldest surviving complete Christian Bibles are Greek manuscripts from the 4th century. The oldest Tanakh manuscript in Hebrew and Aramaic dates to the 10th century CE, but an early 4th-century Septuagint translation is found in the Codex Vaticanus.
The Bible was divided into chapters in the 13th century by Stephen Langton and into verses in the 16th century by French printer Robert Estienne and is now usually cited by book, chapter, and verse. The Bible has estimated annual sales of 25 million copies, and has been a major influence on literature and history, especially in the West where it was the first mass printed book.
FREE Electronic RSV-2CE Bible • Ignatius Catholic Study Bible • Truth and Life Dramatized Audio New Testament • Over 100 Lighthouse Talks • FREE Audio Bible Commentary from Dr. Scott Hahn • And more!
The Catholic Study Bible App features a FREE electronic version of the entire Catholic Bible, RSV Second Catholic Edition (RSV-2CE), packed with incredible content from Ignatius Press and Lighthouse Catholic Media that brings Sacred Scripture to life.
In addition to the complete Catholic Bible, this app includes a FREE selection from the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: Ignatius-Lighthouse Edition--the annotated Gospel of John. Plus, the app allows users to purchase, at a special discount price, the full app featuring the special Ignatius-Lighthouse App Edition of the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible (New Testament and an ever-expanding list of Old Testament books), annotated by Dr. Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch. The Catholic Study Bible: Ignatius-Lighthouse App Edition includes superb notes, essays, and commentary, as well as a doctrinal index.
This Catholic Study Bible app also features inspirational and insightful audio content that will take you deeper into Scripture than ever before. Listen to over 10 hours of FREE audio presentations from Dr. Scott Hahn and the "St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology" provided by Lighthouse Catholic Media. Or browse, preview, and download hundreds of the best and newest Lighthouse talks from the best Catholic speakers in the world - streaming straight from your mobile device!
Plus, order e-books and other resources from Ignatius Press.
Finally, be sure to download the "Truth and Life Dramatized Audio New Testament." We are so proud to offer this award-winning radio drama that we are giving away the whole Gospel of John for FREE! This amazing audio New Testament is endorsed with an Imprimatur from the Vatican and includes a foreword by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. 70 actors - 20 audio engineers - 10 studios over 3 continents - more than 100 media development experts - and 10,000 production hours were needed to create this world-class audio New Testament.
In total, this features:
• Complete text of RSV-2CE synchronized with audio for the New Testament.
• Relevant Talks and Bible Commentary displayed throughout the text.
• Direct, instant access to any Bible verse, so you can hear and see the text instantly.
• A built-in playlist to listen to the whole New Testament in just 40 days or in chronological order.
• A feature that allows you to create your own playlist of verses.
• A memory so you can easily find where you left off.
• Sleep timer
• Support for headphone pause and play buttons
“The Truth & Life Dramatized audio Bible is entirely faithful to the text of the Holy Scriptures. The manner in which the text is performed, beautifully assists the listener in understanding the meaning of the divinely inspired words within their context. The background music and sound effects help the listener to imagine the setting of each particular text of the Holy Bible. I am happy to give my wholehearted endorsement to the audio New Testament.”
--The Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke,
Perfect of the Apostolic Signature of the Holy See
“We learn by hearing as well as reading. Those who desire to become true disciples of Jesus will want to learn from His words in every way. For anyone interested in beginning or continuing their adventure of faith, I highly recommend this faithful and powerful presentation of the Word of God.”
--The Most Reverend Charles Chaput,
Archbishop of Philadelphia
iBreviary Pro Terra Sancta wants to contribute, through a partnership with Custody of the Holy Land, friendship and prayer for all Christians living Holy Places. iBreviary contains:
- Breviary, Missal and Lectionary complete in 7 languages and continuously updated (Italian, French, Spanish, Romanian, English and Latin)
- The text of the Breviary and the Missal in the Vetus Ordo Ambrosian Rite and Latin
- All the main prayers of the Christian
- Rituals for the sacraments and celebrations
- The liturgical texts used in the Holy Land Also iBreviary "Pro Terra Sancta" offers, than the first version of iBreviary:
- The new section, "Rites", with all the rituals and texts for the various celebrations Catholic (Adoration of the Eucharist, the Sacraments, Blessings, etc.).
- The brand new "Terra Sancta" the liturgical texts used in the Holy Land
- Keep in touch through the blog and the pages of the Franciscans Holy Places. - A rich section dedicated to Saints
- Store a day on any device
- Full management of saved days (selection and cancellation)
- Unlimited storage days (something very much in demand by those who want to download a bit of days for travel or long period without internet access from your Android
- Instantly download the entire week (continuing to quietly use the application without having to wait for the download).
- Enlarge and diminish the character of the text, with the flick of the fingers on the screen
- The ability to adjust the color of the background for a better reading of texts
- Application Languages: Italian, Inglese, Spanish, Deutsch, Française, Romanian - Content Languages: Italian, Inglese, Spanish, Français, Romanian, Latinum
- Languages constantly updated content.
- A new graphical interface
iMissal has been one of the top selling Catholic applications since its inception.
Visit http://www.imissal.com for more details.
See what others are saying about iMissal:
"This is the best Catholic App I have downloaded so far..." - Scrello
"Worth every penny! I am a very active Catholic, and this application is absolutely wonderful." - Spartagon
"This is one cool app if your a geeky Catholic like myself." - tupelogeek.com
"Worth more than charged..." - Lisurbi
iMissal is Catholic Reference Application & Roman Missal for your Android, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
If you are a life-long Catholic or new to the faith, this application is for you!
Use iMissal to delve further into the Church's holy celebration.
Here is what is included in iMissal:
1) A complete Missal:
Liturgical Calendar: Full calendar displaying all of the liturgical seasons. The calendar is color coded based on liturgical season and shows Holy Days of Obligation, Solemnities, Major Feasts, Saints, etc. Calendar is currently available for years 1990 - 2050.
Mass Readings: All the Mass Readings for every liturgical cycle (A,B,C,I,II) are included! This includes First Reading, Psalm, Second Reading, Alleluia, and Gospel for all Sunday and Weekday Masses. Reading text is always available for every day, no WIFI connection necessary. Uses translations officially approved for Mass in the U.S. Great resource for Lectors.
** The liturgical texts provided in iMissal are used with the permission of the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine and the International Committee on English in the Liturgy. They are the official texts approved for use in the dioceses of the United States by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. Beware of other applications which use other translations and cost much more.
Audio of the Mass Readings. Audio is only available for more recent dates (sliding window of aprx. 30 days). * WIFI connection recommended for optimal playback of audio files.
Order of Mass: Ever wish you could follow along in Mass and have all the prayers, responses, etc. available. Now you can. Great for RCIA candidates that are new to the faith. New Mass 3rd Edition is now included.
Mass Videos: Cantcha, Inc. has teamed up with CatholicTV.com and now provides videos of the Mass for you to watch. * WIFI connection is required for optimal playback of videos. Videos are of high quality.
2) Our Daily Bread:
Get a unique Bible verse for every day of the year displayed on beautiful backgrounds. * No WIFI connection is necessary.
These verses have been hand selected from some of the most popular. Also included are some obscure verses you may have not seen before.
* Save your favorite verses for later reference.
* Search on any word across all verses to quickly find your favorites.
* If you miss a day you can easily go back to view previous verses.
* Mix it up by pushing the random button to get new verse each time.
* Email any verse (w/o background) to your friends and family with a push of a button.
Over 100 of the most popular Catholic prayers are included.
Email your favorite prayers to your friends.
4) Catholic News Feed
Stay current on Catholic News and Events.
Thousands of pages of scripture. Buying the equivalent text in your book store can cost a lot more than the price of this application.
We have a lot of additional content planned for iMissal - stay tuned and God Bless.
Following are some of the prayers which are there in this app:
The Lord's Prayer (Our Father)
The Hail Mary
The Apostles' Creed
Hail Holy Queen
Act of Contrition
Act of Hope
Act of Love
Stations of the Cross
The Holy Rosary
Roman Catholic Eucharist Mass
Catholic prayers,Daily prayers,Roman catholic mass,Basic catholic Prayers,The holy rosary,Stations of the cross,Prayer to Jesus,Marian Prayers,Prayers to Mary,Rosary of the Virgin Mary,
Prayer Book,stations of the cross holy rosary,
HOW IT WORKS
Download the app for free to listen to samples of the library. Upgrade to the full version to have unlimited access to the complete library of talks.
These MP3s are streamed, not downloaded, so they take up no storage space on your device. A connection is required for the MP3 to play properly. To own these MP3s to manage yourself, go to our website to purchase the library.
REINSTALL OR PUT ON ANOTHER DEVICE
If you need to reinstall this app or wish to add it to another Android device, download the free version, select the "Upgrade" button, and go through the purchase process again. If using the same Google Play account, you will not actually be charged again.
To learn more about our other audio apps, or to download our MP3 libraries, visit www.ClassicMP3Vault.com. Contact us at email@example.com.
Contains the 73 books of the Holy Catholic Bible.
You can narrow the search to a specific chapter in a book. Also allows you to post verses to facebook.
Provides a daily mass reading from the Douay-Rheims Bible.(please be patient on this functionality, we are working hard to get those from our provider, but its going to be there soon)
More than 1000 prayers!!
Gives you access to iangelus.com (catholic singles)
Now you can save a prayer into "My prayers"(use menu)
You can also delete a prayer from "My prayers"(long press)
The Catholic Public Domain Version of the Bible is a translation of the Sacred Bible, Sixtus V and Clement VIII Latin Vulgate edition. The 1914 Hetzenauer edition of the Vulgate was the main source text. Several other Latin editions were consulted including the 1861 Vercellone edition, the 1822 - 1824 Leander van Ess edition (which compares the 1590, 1592, 1593, 1598 editions of the Sixtus V and Clement VIII editions), and the modern-day Tweedale Edition (London, 2005). The Challoner Douay-Rheims Version of the Bible was used as a guide in translating the Latin text into English. The original Rheims Douai Bible was also frequently consulted.
USE OF Daily BIBLE APPS
- New Tagalog Catholic Bible, with devotionals old testament stories with topical plans read notification.
-Help you to know how Jesus calling you
-You’ll find devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through youth Bible verses, portions of the Bible, specific topics, Bible trivia or even the entire Bible. So daily in the morning you will get reading of New Testament and Old Testament Bible Free
FEATURE OF CATHOLIC BIBLE APP
- Holy Bible with old testament and New testament
- Catholic News, Get Catholic news on daily basis about Vatican and messages from Pope Francis
- Get daily bible reading notification and track the read chapters.
- Share and mark the favorite versus with a swipe using SMS , Gmail, Whatsapp, wechat, hike, facebook, Twitter, viber other messaging etc
- Ease and simple to use.
- Download latest design bible compatible with tablet
- View the latest catholic news within a card.
- Always provide unread chapters for notification
- Bible offline English - Read bible even without network access.
- Works well in android phone and tablet
- Explore specific words in bible
- Easily locate Book/Chapter/Verse
- This is a free Lite app Amplified Bible .
- Compatible with ESV and MST version of bible
- Read, Remove, Share, Catholic News card with ease.
This app is successfully tested in samsung galaxy series, LG nexus, HTC, Lenova smart phones. Its works well in tablets too and all mobile phone which support android.
Of these books, Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, parts of Esther and parts of Daniel are deuterocanonical, and are usually not found in the Protestant Bible, but are found in the Bibles of Eastern Christianity.
+ Simple interface, clear, easy to use
+ Search sentence / passage
+ Highlight the passage.
+ Share bible texts on social networks
+ Save your favourite Bible chapters
+ Create notes for each chapter
+ Change the font
+ Change the font size (large font for older people)
Read the Bible every day and come closer to God by use the Catholic Bible.
The Haydock's Catholic Bible Commentary, following the Douay-Rheims Bible text, was originally compiled by Catholic priest and biblical scholar Reverend George Leo Haydock.
Haydock’s catholic bible commentary is widely considered a Catholic classic which directly and accurately expresses the Church’s traditional interpretation of biblical passages.
NOTE: This app is in English only.
Hours included for each day are:
* Office of Readings
* Morning Prayer
* Midmorning Prayer
* Midday Prayer
* Midafternoon Prayer
* Evening Prayer
* Night Prayer
This app will automatically update its content while you are running it with an Internet connection.
This App is an audio and text version of the official set of daily prayers from the Liturgy of the Hours of the Roman Catholic Church (Breviary). It wirelessly downloads several days of prayers at a time, without the need for synchronization or access to a computer.
For clergy required to pray the Liturgy of the Hours daily, or laity who recite the daily prayers to maintain their intimate connection with God, The Divine Office App is designed to make praying more convenient, enjoyable, and simple enough for anyone to use. It automatically downloads the appropriate prayers for each office, every day of the year, including Solemnities, Feasts, and Memorials.
The Divine Office App uses the current four-volume Liturgy of the Hours with a bias towards the USA calendar. This version is the official prayer book of the Catholic Church, however, it is suitable for those following Eastern Orthodox and Anglican traditions.
When St. Paul advises us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to “pray without ceasing,” he intends more than simply bowing our heads and speaking to God on a regular basis. He means for us to adopt an ongoing attitude of prayer that is a way of life and a constant intercession for the salvation of all mankind.
As the mystical body of Christ prays in unison, it fulfills what Paul advises as Christian conduct, that believers at once pray for the good of themselves, their neighbors, and the world. In this way, prayers become liturgy, a way to fulfill our divine calling and a practical approach for addressing the suffering of the world.
The English translation of The Liturgy of the Hours (Four Volumes) ©1974, International Commission on English in the Liturgy Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission by Surgeworks, Inc for the Divine Office Catholic Ministry. DivineOffice.org website, podcast, apps and all related media is © 2006-2011 Surgeworks, Inc. All rights reserved.
IF YOUR APP WORKED FINE AND HAS STOPPED WORKING: Just remove and reinstall from the marketplace to restore full functionality.
Note that the Divine Office app has been pirated by Aptoide. Please take a moment and report the abuse at http://darkpsytrancer.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.surgeworks.divineoffice/31/8370345/DivineOffice
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia