Just 2% of fish species sold for saltwater aquariums can be captive-bred. The ability to identify and choose captive-bred fish for your saltwater aquarium has never been easier. With Tank Watch, the entire list of commercially available, captive-bred saltwater fish is right at your fingertips in the GOOD FISH and GOOD FISH FOR NOVICES lists.
Avoiding fish captured with cyanide is also easier with Tank Watch: just steer clear of the species found in the BAD FISH list which also includes the species captured unsustainably from coral reefs, those not suitable for the average hobbyist, not widely available to consumers, or still in the experimental stages of captive-breeding.
• Up-to-date information at your fingertips for ocean-friendly and conscientious fishkeeping.
• Sort by family, common name(s), or color.
• Quick access lists for "Good Fish", "Bad Fish", "Good Fish for Novices", and "Most Common Bad Fish".
• Includes additional common names, care level rating and more.
• Provides wildlife and ocean-friendly alternatives for conscientious fishkeeping.