Azhagi (அழகி) - a class apart - Typing at it's easiest best - in Whatsapp, Facebook, etc. - in 24 Indian/World languages (Sanskrit, English, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Sourashtra, Bengali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sinhala, Burmese, etc.).
• Speech-to-Text in 100+ languages.
• Typing in 24 languages, multiple keyboards.
• Type anywhere - Whatsapp, SMS, etc.
• SuperFast Tamil transliteration.
• SHIFT key NOT needed to type ள், ற், ண்!
• External keyboards can be used.
• SMART editing of previously typed texts.
• Free support - http://azhagi.com/contacts.html
Azhagi has been built upon 'Indic Keyboard' open source app (version 2.0.3 - which has support for typing in 23 languages with multiple keyboard layouts for most languages; having features like word suggestions, quick editing of previously typed texts, etc.).
Thanks in TONS, ever, to Mr. Jishnu Mohan, Author of the aforesaid 'Indic Keyboard' (available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.smc.inputmethod.indic)
Well, Azhagi app hosts a UNIQUE and SUPER-FAST Tamil transliteration scheme (which is much the same as the one used in Azhagi's desktop version which has been existing since 2000, benefiting users worldwide).
During installation, you have to choose அழகி - ஒலிபெயர்ப்பு, to transliterate in Tamil the super-fast 'Azhagi' way.
NO need to press SHIFT key to type ள், ற், ண், ஸ், ஶ். You can type lx, rx, nx, llx/lxx, rrx/rxx, nnx/nxx, sx and shx itself to get ள், ற், ண், ள்ள், ற்ற், ண்ண், ஸ் and ஶ்.
Note: If you wish, you can still use shift and type L, R, N, S, Sh to get ள், ற், ண், ஸ், ஶ்.
Apart from voice input in 100+ languages (thanks in tons to Google's voice input engine), you can also type in 24 languages - anywhere - Whatsapp, Facebook, SMS, Twitter, Gmail, Quora, Google Search, etc.
The following 'Languages' and 'Keyboard Layouts' are supported while typing:
- Tamil Keyboards - Transliteration (அழகி - ஒலிபெயர்ப்பு), Alternative Transliteration (எழுத்துப்பெயர்ப்பு), Tamilnet99, Typewriter, Inscript, Compact
- Assamese Keyboards (অসমীয়া) - Transliteration, Inscript
- Arabic Keyboard (العَرَبِيةُ)
- Bengali / Bangla Keyboards (বাংলা) - Probhat, Avro, Inscript, Compact
- Burmese Keyboard (ဗမာ) / Myanmar - xkb
- Gujarati Keyboards (ગુજરાતી) - Transliteration, Phonetic, Inscript
- Hindi Keyboards (हिन्दी) - Transliteration, Inscript
- Kannada Keyboards (ಕನ್ನಡ) - Transliteration (Baraha), Phonetic, Inscript, Compact, Anysoft
- Kashmiri Keyboards (کأشُر) - Transliteration, Inscript
- Maithili Keyboard (मैथिली) - Inscript
- Malayalam Keyboards (മലയാളം) - Transliteration (Mozhi), Swanalekha, Phonetic, Inscript
- Manipuri Keyboard / Methei Keyboard (মৈতৈলোন্) - Inscript
- Marathi Keyboard (मराठी) - Transliteration
- Mon Keyboard (ဘာသာ မန်)
- Nepali Keyboards (नेपाली) - Transliteration, Phonetic, Traditional, Inscript
- Oriya Keyboards (ଓଡ଼ିଆ) - Transliteration, Inscript, Lekhani
- Punjabi / Gurmukhi Keyboards (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ) - Transliteration, Phonetic, Inscript
- Sanskrit Keyboard (संस्कृत) - Transliteration
- Santali Keyboard (संताली) - Inscript (Devanagari script)
- Sinhala Keyboard / Sinhalese (සිංහල) - Transliteration
- Sourashtra Keyboard (ꢱꣃꢬꢵꢰ꣄ꢜ꣄ꢬ) - Transliteration
- Telugu Keyboards (తెలుగు) - Transliteration, Phonetic, Inscript, KaChaTaThaPa, Compact
- Urdu Keyboard (اردو) - Transliteration
You can hard press comma and spacebar for availing the app's settings. You can also hard press on Azhagi's icon near spacebar for 'key mappings' output and acknowledgements, alternately.
For more details/help, please visit http://azhagi.com/aa, the HOME of Azhagi Android App.
Kindly spread the news of Azhagi.