Out & About is the first Australian app that allows users to find, suggest, rate and review accessible venues and events.
The Out & About app is designed to assist people with a disability or mobility limitation, their families and carers, to better access their community and plan a great day out through information about accessible venues and events across metropolitan Melbourne.
Out & About venues include places like theatres, cafes, restaurants, galleries, beaches, parks and gardens. Events can include concerts, festivals, exhibitions, and more.
How Out & About works:
• Find venues and/or events by searching for a suburb or by distance from your current location.
• Search for venues based on your chosen individual accessibility preferences using the filter tool. For example, wheelchair access and nearby public transport.
• View venues on the map or on a list view.
• See a list of accessibility features and read the venue or event description
• Leave your feedback to help other users and rate the venue by answering two simple questions.
• Consistently highly rated venues are identified with a ‘highly recommended’ ribbon.
• Users can suggest or recommend accessible venues and events to be added to the app by notifying Villa Maria through the feedback tool.
Villa Maria created the Out & About app to assist people of all ages and abilities to better access their community.