• Arrivals and Departures information for Edinburgh Airport
• 3 days worth of arrivals and departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Map showing your current location within the airport
• Detailed map also shows location of gates, bars, cafes, rest rooms etc.
• Details of ground transportation from the airport (taxi, bus, train etc)
• Local hotel information
• 5 Day local weather forecast
Other Scottish airport apps available are Glasgow. Other UK apps are Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) is the largest airport in Scotland. The airport is located about west of the city and is accessible by several dedicated bus services. Construction has begun to connect the airport to the city by a light rail link. This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information on Edinburgh Airport--useful information you need.
See restaurants, shops, transportation to and from airport and Wifi. Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Edinburgh. We include Glasgow, Inverness, and all the London Airports, Manchester, Birmingham and all the small and medium airports of the world (2400+).
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
* 100% offline
* Browse the map on different zoom levels.
* Find streets by name.
* Auto completion of input in search text-field.
* Find points of interest like attractions, museums, theatres, cinemas, hotels, restaurants, cafes, pubs, nightclubs, shops, railway stations, bus and tram stops and more.
* List all items of a certain category, e.g. list all museums.
Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh bus tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live bus departures for Lothian Buses services in Edinburgh, Scotland.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop serviced by Lothian Buses.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Ability to manually enter a bus stop code found at all bus stops to show live times for that stop, or alternatively scan the QR code at the bus stop.
* Fully integrated vector Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops and coloured bus routes.
* The map is fully searchable so you can search for places and bus stop names. Includes voice search from Google.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news in the News and Updates section.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* Nearest bus stops listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* Integration with Google Backup.
* Italian localisation.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add proximity alerts to alert you when you are near a selected bus stop,
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add bus time alerts to alert you when a selected bus service is near a selected bus stop.
* And more...
* The features you are able to use is dependent on what version of Android is installed on your device. Experimental features are not guaranteed to work correctly - use with caution.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork. A big thank you to Matteo Doni for supplying Italian localisation and thank you to Ross McClymont for helping with beta testing.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: http://twitter.com/MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load news.
- Access network state: to intelligently use the network only when it is available.
- SD card: backups of favourites are stored here.
- Use Google Services: required to use Google Maps.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses (because it is not technically possible). The data comes straight from the My Bus Tracker service, operated by The City of Edinburgh Council. While The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses endorse this app, they do not take any responsibility for it.
All data given by the application is a computational estimation and as such, should be treated as a guide only.
Keywords: edinburgh, bus, tracker, official, lothian, buses
Features of Triposo’s guide to Edinburgh:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Day trip section
* An offline map of the city
Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Edinburgh (i/ˈɛdɪnbʌrə/ ed-in-burr-ə; Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Èideann) is the capital of Scotland and seat of the Scottish Parliament and Government.
Located in the south-east of Scotland, on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, its population of 448,624 (in 2001) makes it the country's the second largest city.
The historical character of much of the city centre, comprising the Old Town and New Town, has led to its recognition as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city hosts several annual festivals including the Edinburgh International Festival, the Edinburgh Fringe and the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Other annual events include the Hogmanay Street Party and the Beltane Fire Festival.
Edinburgh attracts over 1 million overseas visitors a year, making it the second most visited tourist destination in the United Kingdom after London.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Edinburgh city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Edinburgh
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Scotland or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
* If something isn't working right and you have the time to spare, could you please send an email as well as commenting. It greatly speeds up fixing things if we can ask for more detail on the problem than Market comments allow (although we do appreciate those too).
* If the app "goes missing" after a recent update, I'm informed that uninstalling+reinstalling it using "Settings>Applications>Manage Applications" should restore it.
* If you have a homescreen icon on an HTC Sense phone, the picture will not be updated until you reboot. However, it should function just as before without a reboot. We can't do anything about this issue as it appears to be an HTC bug.
* We are unable to use the new pre-caching or vector maps support as seen in the most recent Google Maps versions. These features are only available internally within the Google Maps application itself, and Google have made no way to use them from an external application. Therefore, we are stuck with the basic bitmap-based maps with no pre-caching until Google decide to support this. If they ever do, we would definitely want to use it.
- Top tips for the best restaurants, which aren't always the most expensive
- Outdoor sights with great views and steeped in history
- Attractions that are worth your while, including hours and cost information
- Suggestions on shopping streets for your souvenir hunt
Experience the best Edinburgh has to offer, rain or shine, with this top Edinburgh guide.
"Used this app to find a few spots that only a local could know about. Each spot has a brief summary and photos that tells you exactly what to expect when you are there. The app is also super easy to use. Highly recommended." -viapalermo
"Andy has a great knowledge of all the best places in and around Edinburgh. As a local there are still places I pass by every day thinking 'I really must try that places someday.' This app is so handy and I can't wait to visit some of the places mentioned. It's great to have photos, location maps, and contact details too. Well worth 59p and a must for visitors to the city to avoid the obvious tourist traps!" -Bueller1
"This app is loaded with useful travel information about a number of specific spots all around the city. There are pictures, location information, and great insider information from Andy Hayes who really knows this city. You won't be disappointed by purchasing it." -Anil P.
"Just downloaded it but it looks amazing! Can't wait to use it on our next trip." -HappyHusky1
"Great tips for authentic places to go in Edinburgh. Love the photos too, and lots of details and interesting facts. Who needs a guidebook when you can get Edinburgh secrets?" -EdinburghLocal
★ About the Author ★
Andy Hayes is a well known travel writer and photographer based in Edinburgh. He has featured in major publications such as Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, and National Geographic Traveler. His local secrets and personal suggestions for the best of Edinburgh are featured in Edinburgh Secrets.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
*This free trial version gives you 5 Edinburgh insider tips. Upgrade to the full version (Euro 3.99) from within the app*
Our city guides are different:
✓ Written by Edinburgh locals, selected by us
✓ Insider tips, not "highlights"
✓ Articles are always up-to-date and up-to-season
✓ 100% offline - no Internet required
"A useful series of [...] locally written travel guides with reviews of hangouts and events.” - NY Times, 2012
✓ Frequent updates - always up-to-date & up-to-season
✓ Detailed offline full city maps
✓ Find spots around you (GPS)
✓ Save your favorite Edinburgh spots
"Authentically local, on-the-ground advice...” - The Guardian, 2011
Check out http://www.spottedbylocals.com/edinburgh/ to see a full list of tips included in the full version.
This is the only app you need when it comes to information about Edinburgh attractions.
Get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals for Edinburgh food app fans.
Download this app now!
From its prehistoric beginning as a hillfort, following periods of Celtic and Germanic influence, Edinburgh became part of the Kingdom of Scotland during the 10th century. With burgh charters granted by David I and Robert the Bruce, Edinburgh grew through the Middle Ages as Scotland’s largest town.
Discover everything you want to know about Edinburgh! Download and get this app to have these exclusive features!
- A continuous, up-to-date unstoppable gush of news and information about Edinburgh culture.
- Get to know first-hand Edinburgh landmarks articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest Edinburgh products and deals!
- Read the latest articles and feedback on Edinburgh.
- Never be left out with Edinburgh best deals.
- Share Edinburgh news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
* This Edinburgh app will add a new icon onto your home screen that links to a mobile web page which helps fund and promote the development of this Edinburgh app. If you do not want to use this awesome resource, you can either ignore it or delete it. If you do use it, we greatly appreciate your support.
Discover and download this free Edinburgh app now!
This App allows you to book a Private Hire vehicle from Capital Cars Edinburgh.
* Make a booking
* Check it's status
* Cancel a booking
* Track the vehicle on a map
* Manage your previous bookings
* Manage your favourite addresses
The App is intended for U.K. use only, and therefore all addresses are restricted to within the U.K.
Locate amenities without swiping or searching:
With standard mapping Apps, amenities are not usually shown, not searchable, or visible only when you zoom in. So, you end up swiping left and right or up and down randomly, attempting to find the nearest public toilets for example. With this App all amenities are clearly marked and visible at all zoom levels.
Find available amenities before you go:
Not in Edinburgh yet? The App automatically switches to simulation mode. 'Fly' to any place on the map like Superman and discover the available amenities before you go there!
Use the map and keep your privacy:
This App does not require any internet connection so you don't need 3G or Wi-Fi to use the offline map. And more importantly your location is not tracked and stored on some company's computer.