IMPORTANT - if you're receiving a message asking you to turn on notifications, you need to ensure that push notifications are enabled specifically for the FireReady app. The steps for this may vary depending on your device model and version of Android, but should be similar to this:
1. Open your device's Settings
2. Select Applications
3. Select Manage Applications
4. Choose FireReady from the list there
5. At the top of the screen, there is a tick box that says 'Show Notifications'. Ensure it is ticked.
• Live incident map showing all current official warnings, planned burns and other types of incidents across Victoria.
• Simple to use Watch Zones that ensure you get official warnings for your local area. Warnings and information are pushed out to a user's phone when issued by CFA, MFB or DEPI.
• Integration of DEPI planned burns.
• GPS integration to determine your current location and surrounding incidents. You must have your location functionality switched on and GPS enabled.
• Emergency Warnings, Watch & Act, and Advice information as issued by the CFA, MFB and DEPI
• Share incidents and warnings with friends and family.
• View today's Fire Danger Rating map.
• View today's Total Fire Ban Status.
The FireReady app is just one tool to assist you to access warnings and information about bushfire, however you should never rely on just one information channel. Fire and emergency services use a range of other information channels including SKY TV, ABC local radio, some commercial and designated community radio stations, Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on 1800 240 667, VicEmergency on www.emergency.vic.gov.au and social media channels including CFA Twitter and Facebook.
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer within the app for further information, view the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/ or email the team at FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
* Your device must have an internet connection and have GPS location services turned on to receive warnings and information issued by Victorian fire and emergency services.
** Map symbols represent the origin of the fire, not its current location or spread.
What's New in Version 4.0
• More reliable
• Faster and easier to use
• Lower battery usage
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Fix for HTC One devices
• Error message change
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Fire type and size will now display where possible
• Ability to set smaller watch zones
• Fixes to Android 4.0 display issues
• Improvements to date and time functionality in warnings and incidents
• Other minor changes to text, error messaging and layouts
It utilises data from the Victorian Country Fire Authority/Victorian Department of Sustainability data feeds on fires with your current location provided by the phone GPS.
Using this information the application is able to provide a list of fires showing the nearest ones first, helping you to understand your current situation.
The information is reliant on both the accuracy of the phone's GPS and the data recorded on the CFA's website.
This application does not cache any data, so Internet access (either Wireless. or 3G) is required to access the data.
Be aware that while P4G has utilised "best efforts" to provide this information to you, it is not intended to replace other sources of information on the fire situation near you. Also remember that fire and weather can change quickly.
All data is provided Copyright from the Victorian Country Fire Authority and the Victorian Department of Sustainability.
Follow P4G on twitter at P4G_Apps