IMPORTANT - if you're receiving a message asking you to turn on notifications, you need to ensure that push notifications are enabled specifically for the FireReady app. The steps for this may vary depending on your device model and version of Android, but should be similar to this:
1. Open your device's Settings
2. Select Applications
3. Select Manage Applications
4. Choose FireReady from the list there
5. At the top of the screen, there is a tick box that says 'Show Notifications'. Ensure it is ticked.
• Live incident map showing all current official warnings, planned burns and other types of incidents across Victoria.
• Simple to use Watch Zones that ensure you get official warnings for your local area. Warnings and information are pushed out to a user's phone when issued by CFA, MFB or DEPI.
• Integration of DEPI planned burns.
• GPS integration to determine your current location and surrounding incidents. You must have your location functionality switched on and GPS enabled.
• Emergency Warnings, Watch & Act, and Advice information as issued by the CFA, MFB and DEPI
• Share incidents and warnings with friends and family.
• View today's Fire Danger Rating map.
• View today's Total Fire Ban Status.
The FireReady app is just one tool to assist you to access warnings and information about bushfire, however you should never rely on just one information channel. Fire and emergency services use a range of other information channels including SKY TV, ABC local radio, some commercial and designated community radio stations, Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on 1800 240 667, VicEmergency on www.emergency.vic.gov.au and social media channels including CFA Twitter and Facebook.
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer within the app for further information, view the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/ or email the team at FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
* Your device must have an internet connection and have GPS location services turned on to receive warnings and information issued by Victorian fire and emergency services.
** Map symbols represent the origin of the fire, not its current location or spread.
What's New in Version 4.0
• More reliable
• Faster and easier to use
• Lower battery usage
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Fix for HTC One devices
• Error message change
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Fire type and size will now display where possible
• Ability to set smaller watch zones
• Fixes to Android 4.0 display issues
• Improvements to date and time functionality in warnings and incidents
• Other minor changes to text, error messaging and layouts
It utilises data from the Victorian Country Fire Authority/Victorian Department of Sustainability data feeds on fires with your current location provided by the phone GPS.
Using this information the application is able to provide a list of fires showing the nearest ones first, helping you to understand your current situation.
The information is reliant on both the accuracy of the phone's GPS and the data recorded on the CFA's website.
This application does not cache any data, so Internet access (either Wireless. or 3G) is required to access the data.
Be aware that while P4G has utilised "best efforts" to provide this information to you, it is not intended to replace other sources of information on the fire situation near you. Also remember that fire and weather can change quickly.
All data is provided Copyright from the Victorian Country Fire Authority and the Victorian Department of Sustainability.
Follow P4G on twitter at P4G_Apps
Emergency AUS delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia. The ‘must have’ app for all Australians and visitors to help you get informed and stay up-to-date with emergencies that can impact you and your loved ones.
Providing you with real-time access to official warnings, incident reports and public Sensory Observations™ to aid in better decision making during emergencies and disasters. By bringing together emergency information from over 25 emergency service agencies and accessing observations submitted by the public, Emergency AUS delivers unparalleled emergency intelligence to residents, tourists and visitors.
Official emergency information is sourced from state and territory emergency services and provided in real-time.
• View information on the map or in a list
• Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
• Filter lists and map display by incident status, warning level or State/Territory
• National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
• Links to the official information sources provided
• Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
• Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including:
- Structure Fire
- Planned Burns
- Smoke hazard
- Hazardous Material
• Map Overlays to display:
- Rain Radar
- Fire perimeters
- Cyclone impact projections
- Thunderstorm tracker
- Fire Danger Ratings
- Warning areas
- Total Fire Ban coverage
Emergency AUS empowers you to capture, record and share information about emergency conditions impacting you. By sharing real-time observations, you help keep others informed which can make all the difference in making a safe decision.
• Access public observations (including photos) to increase your awareness
• Share what you know about an emergency to help keep others informed
• All observations represented on the map to help assess what is relevant to you
• Observations submitted by sense (see, hear, feel, smell)
• Observation categories include:
- Incident Observations
- Damage Observations
- Community Support
- Weather Events or Hazards
• Set a watch area to keep an eye on warnings and incidents in your area of interest
• Receive alerts directly to your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Advanced double pass analysis provides the most comprehensive assessment of a warning’s validity to your watch areas
• Variable shaped watch areas – once registered on www.emergencyaus.info, you can draw any shape to define your watch area to ensure you only receive information relevant to you
• View your watch areas on the incident map
• Choose whether to receive only warning, incident or all notifications
• On the road, on the move, on holidays? Receive notifications for emergency events based on the location of your mobile device
• Once activated, Emergency AUS v2 will send you information on emergency incidents and warnings close to you anywhere in Australia
You cannot be sure you are free from harm's way by only using the information provided by Emergency AUS. Always remember, your safety is your responsibility.
Built by GRIDSTONE.
Powered by RIPE Intelligence's Australian emergency information network.
Further integrated emergency information available at www.emergencyaus.info
- Local, Regional and National coverage.
- Real-time breaking news alerts so you can follow stories as they happen.
- Deep weather forecast information.
- Contribute your stories, images and video to WXIX by uploading directly from your mobile device.
- Side menu tray navigation for quick access to the news you need.
- Live Streaming support on 4.x devices (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean)
- Universal app for phone and tablet devices (tablets include multi-pane reading).
Fox affiliate also serving Warren, Butler, Clermont, Boone, Campbell and Kenton Counties.
See P2000 reports of Dutch fire fighters, EMG and police. Use menu from the search screen for more options and filtering capabilities.
Note: Police only make limited use of P2000
Note 2: GPS is only useful from The Netherlands
-- Questions / rants / complaints? http://twitter.com/gvanlee or e-mail.
In case of problems, let me know what type of phone you have.
CNN connects you to the world -- wherever you are.
The redesigned CNN App for Android has been rebuilt and redesigned for use on both your phone and tablet.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Share stories and videos and comment on top stories.
•Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
•Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
•Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows live (as available, check with your cable, satellite or telecommunications provider).
•Contribute a story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their points of view.
•Access your local weather information, including current and extended forecasts.
•Browse photo galleries related to today’s news.
•Sync your Samsung Galaxy Gear to your CNN app and receive breaking news and top stories on your wearable device (available on select Android phones).
The CNN App may ask your permission to access certain functions on your device such as location, network connection, camera and social media accounts. Doing so can enhance some features of your app such as weather forecasts, iReport submissions and ability to share stories with your social networks. The CNN App may also ask your permission for “phone calls” to allow you to call CNN regarding story ideas or general feedback. CNN respects your privacy and would never misuse your personal information.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at Android@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.