To assist welders, welding supervisors and inspection personnel to control welding heat input in the field.
Welding heat input is one of the most difficult aspects of welding to control out in the field, because the Heat Input (HI) is a function of the welding current, voltage and travel speed. While many modern power sources will give a reading for the voltage and amperage, when performing manual or semi-automatic welding, the travel speed can only be calculated in hindsight, and hence the heat input can also only be calculated in hindsight. This means that controlling heat input turns into a trial and error endeavour. The Heat Input Helper (HIH) application has been developed to overcome this difficulty by giving a continuous feedback regarding the maximum and minimum distances that should have been welded to stay within the target maximum and minimum heat input limits.
How Heat Input Helper Works:
By entering the actual Voltage, Amperage and weld length, along with the target values for maximum and minimum heat input, the application provides you with a constant visual output of the maximum and minimum distances that you should have welded to be within those heat input limits. It therefore soon becomes apparent if the welder's travel speed is too fast or too slow, and timely remedial action becomes possible.
Heat Input Helper Application Features:
1) Continuous minimum and maximum weld distances are shown, to give continuous feedback regarding progress required to stay within the target maximum and minimum heat input values.
2) You can use millimetre or inch units.
3) Heat inputs are continuously logged during the weld run, so if the voltage and amperage parameters are adjusted during the weld run, the new parameter values are only applicable to the time in which they remain active, and do not influence previously logged values.
4) A pause button is provided, to allow for times when the welder needs to break the arc.
5) A delay timer is built into the heat input helper application. This will assist a welder that wants to perform his own heat input checks, when s/he does not have anybody else to push the buttons for him / her. This function will perform the specified delay (say 6 seconds) before commencing the timer, and deduct this same amount of time from the total time when pressing the pause or finish button.
6) At the end of the weld run, the average heat input and the welding travel speed of the weld run is shown. This allows you to record these without further calculation, if required.
An HTML5 version of the heat input helper application is freely available for use and evaluation on the WelderPassport website. Please visit: www.welderpassport.com to evaluate the application.
Calculation of cross section area and deposition rate
- Choice between different weld geometries
- Consideration of gaps, reinforcement and spatter loss
Energy input from interpolated parameters
- Choice of welding processes
- High speed videos of welding processes
- Process range of travel and wirefeed speed are estimated in respect to welding process and position
Economic comparison for manual to automatic welding systems
- Costs of investment, labor, shielding gas and filler material
- Presentation of Fronius welding systems
- Metric and Imperial Calculation
- Worksheets can be saved and sent to other Weld Wizard Users
This App is used for calculating single layer weld seams. The maximum thicknesses of the plates are limited based on realistic possible single layer weld seams.
- Carbon Steel Pipe Size
- Carbon Steel Pipe Standard
- Carbon Steel Pipe Strength
- Stainless Steel Pipe Size
- Stainless Steel Pipe Standard
- Stainless Steel Pipe Strength
- Hold Down Pipe Clamp
- 2 Bolt Pipe Clamp
- 3 Bolt Pipe Clamp (Carbon and Alloy Steel)
- Riser Clamp
- 180 Return
- 45 Elbow
- 90 Elbow
- Concentric Reducer
- Eccentric Reducer
- Half Coupling
- Hexagonal Head Bushing
- Hexagonal Head Plug
- Hexagonal Nipple
- Male-Female Reducer
- Reducer Insert
- Reducing Coupling
- Reducing Hexagonal Nipple
- Reducing Outlet Tee
- Square Head Plug
- Straight Tee
- Welding Boss
- Flange Blind
- Flange Lap Joint
- Flange Slip-On Welding
- Flange Socket Welding
- Flange Threaded
- Flange Welding Neck
- Beam Welding
- invert Beam Welding
- Hanger Rod
- Rod Coupling
- Clevis Pin
Now you can buy your day to day welding and industrial supplies on the go and connect with EliteWelding wherever you are with our mobile app!
-Browse and buy high quality welding and industrial supplies
-Deals sent right to your mobile device
-Information about Elite Welding
Using input from customers, welders, engineers, floor managers, trainers, and internal staff we have created the most robust, user-friendly collection of welding-specific calculators in one, elegant and easy-to-use app.
The AMI Welding Calculator app includes the following features:
• Heat Input Calculation
• Energy Density Calculation
• Power Ratio Calculation
• IPM and RPM Conversions
• Pulse Conversions
• Deposition Rate
Users can also save or share calculations using the mobile operating system sharing capabilities. Users can also select either English or Metric units. Logic within the app clearly prompts the user for valid input using a unique input block system.
1) Real time display angle value reference by horizontal axis.
2) 2 mode for using(mode 1 and mode 2).
3) Graphics Animation display related by mode.
4) Display 0 to 90 degree reference by horizontal axis.
5) Calibrate option for accuracy.
Similar applications: Piping Flanges, ASME Flanges, MaxANSI Piping, MaxLarge Flanges, PipeShop, PipeShop-Pro, MaxANSI Piping Pro, PIPEFIT, API 650, ASME Section VIII Division 1, ASME
Keywords: ASME Section VIII Division 1, Quick Reference, Quick Reference to Code, Quick Reference to ASME code, Quick Reference to Vessel Code, ASME Flange, piping, appsoul, Fayaz, pressure vessel, DIN Flanges, API, API 650, ASME Section VIII, ANSI compact, threaded flanges, Pipe Information, ASME B16.5 Flanges, Weld Neck Flange, Slip-On Flange, Blind Flange, Threaded Flange, Socket Welded Flange, Lapped Flange, Long Weld Neck Flange, ASME B16.47 Series A Flanges, Weld Neck Flange, Blind Flange, ASME B16.47 Series B Flanges, Weld Neck Flange, Blind Flange, ANSI Orifice Flanges, Weld Neck, Slip On
The Pipe Trades Pro calculator for Android Smartphone or Tablet calculates instant answers for all your pipe layout and design problems, including complex rolling offsets, parallel pipe cutbacks, weight/volume conversions, flow rates, pressures, areas and more.
If you've ever used a smartphone to look up pipe data or do a pipe layout calculation, you'll like this calculator app. With the Pipe Trades Pro calculator you'll spend less time calculating and looking at charts and more time cutting, welding and placing pipe—makes cutbacks and offsets easy with built-in welding, pipefitter and plumbing calculations.
Great time saving tool for Pipefitters, Steamfitters, Sprinklerfitters and Welders
- Cut Lengths, Take-outs and Odd-Degree Fittings
- Right Angles, Offsets, and Complex Rolling Offsets
- Calculate Fitting Angles, Bends, Slopes, Percent Grades, Drops
- Calculate Parallel Pipe Cutbacks
- Feet-Inch-Fractions and Trigonometry
- Pipe Areas, Fill Weights
- Calculate Flow Rates, Velocity, Force, Volumes
- Calculate Pressure Loss for any Pipe Size, Type or Distance
- Complete Building, Plumbing and Metric Unit Conversions
Built-in Pipe Data
- Choose a Pipe Material and Pipe Type and enter Size (up to 42-inches) in the calculator and get Diameters, Wall Thickness, Filled Weight per Foot, Internal Area.
- Seven different Pipe Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass, Aluminum, Cast Iron, Plastic, Copper.
For: Pipefitters, Steamfitters, Sprinklerfitters and Welders
Colored text boxes show you which values you entered while the white one's show the calculated values.
On Screen Keyboard makes entering values easy and fast without the android keyboard popping up and down to get in your way.
No need to hit calculate because after every key press the calculator will solve for the missing values if enough information is available saving you time and key presses.
Thanks to the following people for helping me make it better: