“Deewan-e-Ghalib” - a famous poetry collection by the greatest Urdu poet Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib.
Ghalib, a classical Urdu and Persian poet, was one of the founders of the modern Urdu Ghazal. He received limited recognition in his lifetime, but with the passage of time he has been acknowledged as an absolute master of his art. He has become the most quoted Urdu poet. His poetry has an irresistible charm and beauty. It has wit, irony and a wealth of human experience. His diction can be sweet and simple or so complex and pregnant with meaning that it lends itself to multiple interpretations. This is the mark of a true genius.
This app is specially designed for the people who are always striving to read, understand and admire Ghalib, far away from their homeland. This is the 1st app ever build on Mirza Ghalib for Android and 2nd app in Urdu script (Nastaleeq) on Android. 1st is “Iqbaliyat” which is also designed by us.
- Poems in Urdu with their transliteration
- No internet connection required after download
- Share your favourite poems with others.
- Mark your favourite poems
- More than 45 pages
- Introduction and Quick Facts about Mirza Ghalib
- Image of Ghalib’s hand written letters and poetry