This app is centered around the basic question "[expletive of choice], am I gonna miss the BART?". Enter your most traveled routes and receive a real-time listing of upcoming departures in one click. Unlike most apps, the estimated time until departure actually counts down second-by-second, so you'll know just how fast you need to run to the station! Note that estimated departure times are, in fact, estimates, though the general accuracy of an estimate is shown beneath the countdown. After a minute or so, the accuracy of the estimates should automatically increase.
Unique features of this app:
* Streamlined for experienced BART commuters
* Real-time departure info refreshes automatically, and the accuracy of the departure estimates increases over time
* Estimated arrival times
* Pick which train you want to board, and information about that departure will be available in your notification tray.
* Set a departure alarm to go off a few minutes before your train leaves (you pick how much advance warning you want)
* Routes are entered with both the origin station and the destination station, so the real-time departures listing only lists trains that will actually get you to your destination
* Phone will not sleep while viewing departure times (the screen will only dim), so you only need a quick glance at the phone to see how long you have left to catch the train
* Zoomable offline system map
* Fares and next departure time are shown in the saved route listing
* No ads and open source; Built purely for the love of programming, and because I didn't like any of the other BART apps out there
If you have any bugs to report or suggestions for the app, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can't guarantee that I'll have a chance to respond to every email, but I'll do my best!
NOTE TO GALAXY S USERS:
I'm aware of an issue with that specific phone model that causes the app to crash consistently. I'm working hard on a fix, so keep your eyes out for an update! Meanwhile, please contact me at email@example.com if you can volunteer some time to help me track down the problem.
Super BART features
✓ Clean and Modern design built from the ground up for today's Android phones.
✓ Combines BART and Caltrain schedules seamlessly
✓ Realtime departures from any BART station
✓ Offline Caltrain schedules
✓ Save your trips for easy access later
✓ Optional sticky notifications telling you when your train leaves
✓ Offline system maps for BART and Caltrain
✓ View fares for every trip
✓ Scroll through schedules for the day, why limit yourself to a time frame?
✓ Reverse origin and destination stations with one click when it's time to go home.
✓ Select your route using Google Maps
✓ Intelligent BART <> Caltrain transfer detection, tap Caltrain to get a schedule for just the right time
If you live in, or are just visiting the San Francisco Bay Area, you need Super BART right now.
Note: The app retrieves info from the BART system. If there are problems with that system, the app will not behave as expected. Please don't just assume that the app is not working. Just to be sure you can check the BART mobile website. You should see the same issues. Please do notify me of such issues. You can send me an email from within the app now.
- Quickly check train arrivals at BART stations
- Add favorites for even easier access to frequently used stations
- Check the BART map for a quick system overview
- Material Design feels right at home on your Android device
- Change color theme to your liking
Realtime data on all San Francisco Muni routes
Realtime data on San Francisco BART lines
BART system map for on-the-go guide
Street view images for all Muni stops and BART stations
Immediate access to your nearby Muni stops based on your location
Current weather conditions in San Francisco to help you plan your Muni and BART commute
Spoken predictions for Muni stops
From the maker of top Metro apps in other cities
Ad free for an introductory period after launch
Designed for Android Lollipop
- Real-time train arrivals
- Save Favorites stations for quick access
- View BART Map
- Get Service Advisories
- Schedules/Trip Planner
Please rate the app and give feedback to help improve the app. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for feature request.
The BART Watch App offers the public a quick and discreet method for reporting suspicious activity directly to BART Police. The app can send pictures, text messages, and locations of suspicious people or activities. From the home screen, users have two easy options for contacting BART Police:
* The “Report a Problem” button allows users to send text or photos directly to BART Police. To ensure discretion, the camera flash is automatically disabled when photos are taken through the app. When reporting an issue, users can select locations and report categories to assist BART Police. Riders can also send reports anonymously if they chose.
* The “Call BART Police” button will connect customers directly to BART Police.
The application is designed for BART. If you send a report in an area without cellular connectivity, it will be stored and sent when connectivity returns. The system is also designed to send text messages before pictures so that BART Police can get app reports as quickly as possible.
BOLO (Be On the Look Out) Alerts. BOLO Alerts on the BART Watch App may display alerts from BART Police about specific persons of interest. For example, BART Watch may display information about a missing person or child, such as where they were last seen. If you see a person from a BOLO, immediately call 911 and send an app report to BART Police discreetly.
Help keep BART safe, "If you see something say something."
* Fixed bug on minutes selector
* Retrieve route info through departure time
* Improved retrieval time
* Added close button to popup
* Improved start up time
* Fixed loading popup not showing from favorite page
* Ads Free
* Fast retrieval of Real-time departure information
* Retrieve current train information between 2 stations
* Save favorite route(2 stations) for fast retrieval
* Designed for BART commuters who only need the essential functions
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, Metrolink, OCTA*, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
For each BART station, the application provides real time estimates for train arrival times (in minutes) by communicating in real time with BART's official servers.
The application also supplies information on where each train is heading (northbound or southbound, the final station of the train) and on which platform to expect each train.
BART Me Up! was solely created and programmed by Daniel Chermetz.
a Daniel Chermetz production
After creating a "commute schedule" (much like setting up your daily alarm) bartCommuter will automatically retrieve train arrival times AND your destination arrival time upon opening the application. No more selecting your station every time. Instantly see your destination arrival time and know that you can have one more cup of coffee. Or, more likely, know that you better start running!
While bartCommuter gives you a lot of information, it won't give you too much either. Arrival times of trains you won't take do not display. The information you do see is relevant and easy to read, with large text.
You can also view a high resolution Bart map with pinch-to-zoom functionality.
Give it a try!
keywords: Bay area rapid transit, bart, commute, commuter, travel, schedule