With Boreas, you decide what goes viral! Spread pics and videos to the people you pass on the street. If they "like" your talent, you automatically get passed to more people. Get famous without having fans or money. Receive anonymous feedback on your craft. See on a map where you're hot.
We hate watching talented people get overlooked because they don’t have enough time to cultivate followers or enough money to spend on advertising. Just like with natural selection, great talent should gain momentum and spawn all by itself. It should survive and reproduce. Or, if t's not good enough or needs more work, it should expire and die.
Use Boreas to:
- Easily distribute your art, music, or photography (for free!) to people you pass by on the street.
- Discover new talent around your city.
- Get exposure to a large, unbiased audience and instantly see how well your work is perceived.
- Determine which neighborhoods and cities like your material the most.
- Free, unbiased feedback and statistics will help you improve your craft.
- Cross the threshold from "unknown" to "famous" without needing a fan-base, extra time, or money.
How It Works:
- Each user chooses one item to project (one song, one photo, etc.). Every time users pass each other, they gather projections. Don’t want to share anything right now? No problem, you don’t have to create or share projections. If you change your mind later, you can switch them on or off.
- As you walk, roll or scoot around town picking up projections, they go into a timeline on your device screen. You can scroll through these any time you want and see on a map when and where you were when you stumbled upon each projection.
- Like what you see? Help a projection get more popular by anonymously marking it with your support. If other people like it too, the projection will gain traction and move to the “next level” and start spreading to more and more users until it goes viral.
- Since moving to the next level is based purely on anonymous support via projection (and not social media shares), you can get popular even though no one has heard of you before, you don’t have any existing fans, and you’re not spending money on advertising. What’s better than free publicity? Nothing. Maybe ice cream.