The Resettlement Walk is an interactive adventure in sound, an innovative way to explore Arnolds Cove, Newfoundland. As you stroll past houses that were floated from islands in Placentia Bay half a century ago, you'll hear the owners voices telling you how it all happened. 139 families and103 houses were moved here.
• When you're in Arnolds Cove, the app triggers automatically by GPS-location as you pass each house. Voices whisper in your ear, while your smartphone screen fills with photographs and maps and lets you know where you are.
• If you can't get to Arnolds Cove, you can still hear the stories and explore the visuals by touching the various house locations on your smartphone screen map.
• Includes street maps of the community, and shows the routes houses took as they were floated across the water. Archival photographs and background texts explain how and why this incredible waterborne relocation happened.
• Includes a virtual tour of the Drake Heritage House interior.
• Using the app is super-simple. Just download it and come for a walk!