Take an everyday encounter and turn it into a surprising adventure!
Let's Get Lost mobile app tours are a fun way to explore cultural, historical and natural sites in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. Available on Android, the first tour brings to life the history and meaning of San Francisco's New Deal Murals, the city's most intriguing works of art from the Depression era, with archival footage, photographs, interviews with the artists, scavenger hunts and more.
• An in-depth look at Coit Tower, Rincon Annex and the Diego Rivera Pan American Unity mural at City College of San Francisco
• Interactive hunts that challenge you to find hidden meanings and censored images at each location.
• Videos providing historical insight into the culture, society and politics of the era and illuminating the creative process.
• Audio Guides offering insights into the inspiration for and the meanings behind specific images.
• Slideshows featuring artist profiles, original mural sketches, documentation of life during the Depression and period newspaper articles about the creation of the murals and the events that inspired them.
This app is perfect for first-time visitors exploring San Francisco and curious locals eager to discover more about their beloved city. Enjoy this reinvention of the walking tour (a perennial favorite) using the latest technology. Brought to you by KQED, your award-winning NPR and PBS public media station for Northern California.