Alzheimer App è uno strumento informativo, interattivo, di facile consultazione e aggiornato costantemente.
Nella sezione dell’assistenza si potranno trovare consigli pratici per molti dei problemi che affronta quotidianamente chi si prende cura del malato e risposte semplici e chiare a molti interrogativi: Come affrontare la perdita di memoria del proprio caro? Come comportarsi in caso di reazioni aggressive? Come curarne l’igiene? Come reagire davanti alle sue paure e ossessioni?
Ci si può mettere in contatto con “Pronto Alzheimer” direttamente tramite l’applicazione. Basta cliccare l’icona del telefono per ricevere subito supporto e informazioni utili.
Si può accedere, inoltre, al database dei servizi e delle strutture esistenti sul territorio (attuamente disponibile solo per la Lombardia). Ed è possibile rispondere alle domande del quiz “Vero o Falso?” per scoprire quello che realmente si sa della malattia di Alzheimer e delle altre demenze.
Oltre a informazioni sulla malattia di Alzheimer e sulla Federazione sono disponibili anche le indicazioni necessarie per fare una donazione alla Federazione Alzheimer Italia.
Alzheimer's disease (AD), also called Alzheimer disease, senile dementia of the Alzheimer type, primary degenerative dementia of the Alzheimer's type, or simply Alzheimer's, is the most common form of dementia. This incurable, degenerative, and terminal disease was first described by German psychiatrist and neuropathologist Alois Alzheimer in 1906 and was named after him. Most often, it is diagnosed in people over 65 years of age, although the less-prevalent early-onset Alzheimer's can occur much earlier. In 2006, there were 26.6 million sufferers worldwide. Alzheimer's is predicted to affect 1 in 85 people globally by 2050.
Although the course of Alzheimer's disease is unique for every individual, there are many common symptoms. The earliest observable symptoms are often mistakenly thought to be 'age-related' concerns, or manifestations of stress. In the early stages, the most commonly recognised symptom is inability to acquire new memories, such as difficulty in recalling recently observed facts. When AD is suspected, the diagnosis is usually confirmed with behavioural assessments and cognitive tests, often followed by a brain scan if available.
As the disease advances, symptoms include confusion, irritability and aggression, mood swings, language breakdown, long-term memory loss, and the general withdrawal of the sufferer as their senses decline. Gradually, bodily functions are lost, ultimately leading to death. Individual prognosis is difficult to assess, as the duration of the disease varies. AD develops for an indeterminate period of time before becoming fully apparent, and it can progress undiagnosed for years. The mean life expectancy following diagnosis is approximately seven years. Fewer than three percent of individuals live more than fourteen years after diagnosis.
The cause and progression of Alzheimer's disease are not well understood. Research indicates that the disease is associated with plaques and tangles in the brain. Currently used treatments offer a small symptomatic benefit; no treatments to delay or halt the progression of the disease are, as of yet, available. As of 2008[update], more than 500 clinical trials have been conducted for identification of a possible treatment for AD, but it is unknown if any of the tested intervention strategies will show promising results. A number of non-invasive, life-style habits have been suggested for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease, but there is a lack of adequate evidence for a link between these recommendations and reduced degeneration. Mental stimulation, exercise, and a balanced diet are suggested, as both a possible prevention and a sensible way of managing the disease.
Because AD cannot be cured and is degenerative, management of patients is essential. The role of the main caregiver is often taken by the spouse or a close relative. Alzheimer's disease is known for placing a great burden on caregivers; the pressures can be wide-ranging, involving social, psychological, physical, and economic elements of the caregiver's life. In developed countries, AD is one of the most costly diseases to society.
This APP with 3D animations along with audio provides a unique enriching experience and an excellent visual communication tool.
The APP provides bilingual options – English and Arabic.
Once downloaded, view at any time without internet connection
• Understand Chronic Illness and Diseases, Therapies, Procedures or Techniques through incredible animation videos accompanied by audio.
• Effortlessly perceive and understand the cellular world, metabolism, and body functions on a virtual tour of the human system through high-end animations.
• The mechanism of action of medications on the various organs and their impact on the physiology of the disease are explained using animated molecular structures and biochemical pathways.
• Functioning of medical devices as also various invasive and non-invasive procedures are explained effectively through animation.
• Created in consultation with leading experts and opinion leaders across the
• Very simple and easy to understand.
• Excellent Learning tool - Ideal for Knowledge retention.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided through these applications are only intended to be informative and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice.
- Nach Organsystemen gegliederte Darstellung der häufigsten Infektionen und ihrer jeweiligen empirischen Initialtherapie
- Therapieempfehlungen bei Infektionen mit multiresistenten Keimen
- Tabellarisches, nach Erregern gegliedertes Aktivitätsspektrum der Antibiotika
- Tabellarische, nach Empfindlichkeit der Keimegegliederte Auflistung der Antibiotika
- Ausführliche Übersicht über die Arzneimittel mit Dosierung, pharmakokinetischen Daten (Bioverfügbarkeit, Elimination, Gewebegängigkeit), Nebenwirkungen und Kosten
This app was created for people suffering from Alzheimer's disease, and others with similar conditions, and those who take care of them. As the disease progresses, the sufferer may get confused and upset over their inability to keep track of the days of the week. This app can work on a low level Android tablet and be displayed where the person can see it and compensate for their loss of abilities.
The MMSE®/MMSE-2™ Administration and Scoring app is the only app of its kind authorized by PAR, the official publisher of MMSE products.
With at-your-fingertip functionality and automatic scoring, the MMSE/MMSE-2 app can be used to screen for cognitive impairment, to select patients for clinical trials research in dementia treatment, or to track patients' progress over time.
- A brief instructional video walks you through the features of the app.
- Both standard (30 items) and brief (16 items) versions and alternate forms of the MMSE-2 are included, ensuring flexibility.
- Patient records can be e-mailed, or you can upload them directly to your electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Equivalent, alternate forms of both versions decrease the possibility of practice effects that can occur over serial examinations.
- Scoring criteria for each item can be accessed during administration.
- Norms for both versions of the MMSE-2 by age and education level are included.
- Administration takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
5 admin - $6.99 USD
25 admin - $33.99 USD
50 admin - $64.99 USD
100 admin - $124.99 USD
- Checklist of questions
- On-screen clock drawing
- On-screen selection of shapes
- Audio and text versions of story
- Timer for animal naming
- Automatic score calculation
- Save, retrieve, and export scores (with timestamps)
Based on the St. Louis University Mental Status (SLUMS) Exam:
Tariq SH et al. The Saint Louis University Mental Status (SLUMS) Examination for Detecting Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia is more sensitive than the Mini-Mental Status Examination (MMSE) - A pilot study. Am J Geriatri Psych 2006 Nov;14(11):900-10.
Praktisches Fachwissen übersichtlich und kompakt, immer und sofort griffbereit für den Notfall:
- Alle wichtigen Notfälle von A-Z
- Notfallmedikamente von A-Z mit Dosisangaben für Erwachsene und Kinder, Kontraindikationen, Nebenwirkungen und Besonderheiten
- Interaktive Dosiskalkulatoren
-Interaktive Notfallscores wie z.B. APGAR, GCS und Trauma Score
- Interaktiver Zugriff auf pädiatrische Normwerte (z.B. Atemfrequenz, Tubusgröße) right under your fingertips
- Normwerte für Erwachsene
- Individuell erweiterbare Notruflisten incl. Giftnotruf, Telefonfunktion
- Schneller Informationszugriff über verschiedene Suchsysteme bei zeitkritischen Entscheidungen am Einsatzort
- Verschiedene Taschenlampen
- Sonstige App-Features, Favoriten und Notizen, History-Funktion, Backup-Funktion
A useful guide for all physicians aimed towards a better understanding and management of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension(PAH)
Content of the App:
*Well tabulated and structured information regarding the diagnosis and pathogenesis of PAH.
*Detailed listing of the tests and procedures used in the diagnosis of PAH, eg:-echocardiography,Right Heart Catheterization
* A well structured Therapy algorithm that acts as a guide to the choice of therapy in the management of individuals with PAH
*It covers the entire spectrum of PAH;from diagnosis to the follow-up of patients, thus providing a complete package of information regarding Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Der Diabetes-Pass ist eines der am weitesten verbreiteten Arbeitsmittel der Deutschen Diabetes Gesellschaft. Das kleine blaue Buch hat sich in der Therapiesteuerung und Begleitung von Patienten
mit Diabetes mellitus in den letzten 20 Jahren vielfach bewährt. Jetzt gibt es den „Gesundheitspass Diabetes“ auch als App mit vielen Features:
- Neue Einträge erstellen
- Aktuelle Werte mit den Zielwerten vergleichen
- Jahresübersicht: Überblick über den Krankheitsver- und Therapieablauf; aus der App heraus per Email im PDF-Format verschickbar
- Viele Interaktive Tools, u.a. WHO5-Fragenbogen zum Wohlbefinden, BMI-, eGFR- und HbA1c-Rechner
- Erinnerungsfunktion: die App erinnert den Nutzer kurz vor Ablauf jedes Quartals daran, einen Termin für das nächste Quartal zu vereinbaren
- Einheiten für Blutzucker, HbA1c, Cholesterin, Triglyzeride und Kreatinin können gewählt und
im Nachhinein verändert werden
- Angaben zum Therapieregime des Diabetes sowie zur weiteren Medikation sind abspeicherbar
Behalten Sie den Überblick – mit dem Diabetes Pass im App-Format!
Application covers most of the Diseases. like - Cancer, Asthma, Dengue, Diabetes, Heart Attack, etc.
=> When to see a doctor
=> Home remedies
=> Medical treatment
=> Tests for detection
=> How to prevent it
All essential information to know about Disease and there prevention.
Lo ideal es poner el icono de la aplicación en un lugar visible nada más encender el móvil (como en la barra de tareas principal), de este modo si sufrimos cualquier percance que nos impida recordar, mover o en el peor de los casos que estemos inconscientes, los servicios de emergencia tendrán sus datos más relevantes en caso de que tengan que atenderle o avisar a quien usted desee.
Ideal para todas las actividades, deportes y la vida diaria.
Gracias por descargar nuestra aplicación.
Solo enciende la aplicación, y deja que te guíe hasta los recursos más cercanos. Accede a toda la información: teléfono, web, cómo llegar...
Además, contiene información útil para el cuidador, consejos sobre el cuidado diario de la persona a tu cargo, y un apartado de noticias para que te mantengas informado sobre avances, cambios legislativos, campañas, etc.
Un proyecto de CEAFA - Confederación de Asociaciones de Familiares de Personas con Alzheimer y Otras Demencias (http://www.ceafa.es), desarrollado por Barret (http://www.barretfilms.tv)
· Signs and symptoms characteristic of MS
· Four disease courses
· 2010 Revised McDonald Diagnostic Criteria for Multiple Sclerosis
· Differential diagnoses
· Elements of the diagnostic workup, including typical findings on brain and spinal MRI, and cerebrospinal fluid analysis
· Common clinically-isolated syndrome presentations
· Extensive symptom management including impact on quality of life, additional resources, and patient education material
· Treatment strategies including disease-modifying medications and relapse and symptom management
· Assessment scales including the Kurtzke Functional Systems Scores, Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale, Bladder Control Scale, and Two-Question Screening Tool for Depression
· National MS Society resources for clinicians and their patients
Completely updated version!
§ Ergonomic home screen design with more features including SD card backup
§ Additional systematic table of contents for categorized access
Contains over 800 lists of symptoms, physical signs and abnormal findings (including laboratory tests)
Alphabetical table of contents
Keyword search function
Notes: Add personal notes to an entry and find all notes in the notes list
Bookmarks: Highlight your favorite entries
The app is an invaluable resource for medical students entering the clinical years and a great reference source for residents and other medical professionals.
For students, residents, nurses, and all other healthcare professionals.
psychiatric medications. The content of the newest version of our Psychiatry app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use.
Features include gesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, support for SD card backup, and numerous interactive psychiatric scales and scores.
· Both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 classifications
· Complete ICD-10 diagnostic criteria and summaries of DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria
· Extensive coverage of psychiatric disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, and impulse disorders
· Treatment information and algorithms including a complete psychiatric drug administration guide
· Interactive psychiatric scales like the Anxiety Status Inventory, HAMD-7, YMRS, Geriatric Depression Scale and many more
· A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used psychiatric principles and tools
· Symptoms and presentation section to enable the user to quickly identify common differentials in psychiatry
· Information on common laboratory tests useful for ruling out medical causes of psychiatric disorders.
The content of our Pediatric app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use. Features includegesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, and numerous interactive pediatricscales and scores.
- Contains the latest recommendations from AAP
- The pocket is arranged in a short, comprehensive, and tabular format.
- Pocket includes treatment guidelines, algorithms & important scales and scores
- Handy tables detailing commonly used pediatric medications
• Coverage of most pediatrics disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, impulse disorders, and many others
• Normal value chapter covering all values according to age group.
• A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used pediatrics principles and tools
Functionality of the app:
• Indexed and full text search
The content of the Cardiology pocket app is presented using a new, innovative user interface (UI) that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use. Features include a unique and highly customizable UI design, gesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation support, indexed and full text searching, support for SD card backups, and numerous interactive components such as medical calculators for important cardiology formulas and scores.
Some of the topics covered in the Cardiology pocket app include the following:
• The presentation, diagnosis and differential diagnosis of common conditions such as chest pain, hypertension, dyspnea, syncope, arrhythmias, and more
• Information on common diagnostic procedures including ECG, heart auscultation, exercise stress testing, cardiac catheterization, pacemaker testing, and tilt-table testing
• The diagnosis and management of angina, arrhythmias, STEMI, unstable angina/NSTEMI and acute coronary syndrome (ACS) based on the latest practice guidelines from leading organizations such as the ACC/AHA
• Key guidelines on the diagnosis and management of hypertension including JNC 7 guidelines and recommendations
• Additional topics such as inflammatory heart and vascular diseases, cardiomyopathies, diabetic heart disease, diseases of the large vessels (eg, aortic aneurysms and dissections, PAD, carotid and renal artery stenosis)
• The prevention, diagnosis and management of thromboembolic disease including DVT, pulmonary embolism, stroke, HIT, and thromboembolism in Afib and valvular disease
• Drug administration information for drug classes commonly used in cardiology including vasoactive agents, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, renin inhibitors, CCBs, diuretics, antiarrhythmics, nitrates, antilipidemics, and more
• The normal values and interpretation of common laboratory values used in cardiology and cardiovascular medicine
• Common abbreviations and other useful resources
Contains the latest recommendations from the ADA and AACE
- Includes treatment protocols for inpatient and outpatient management, diabetic ketoacidosis, intensive insulin therapy in the ICU, and insulin management for labor and delivery
- Convenient tables detailing drug doses, insulin delivery devices, and summaries of major clinical trials
- Special chapter on pediatric and adolescent diabetes and complications like diabetic neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy and diabetic macular edema
- Interactive calculators andscores
About the authors:
Elise Brett, MD, graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She completed her internal medicine residency and fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. She is currently Associate Clinical Professor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She is also a Certified Nutrition Support Clinician. She co-edited Nutritional Strategies for the Diabetic and Prediabetic Patient and Power of Prevention: The Complete Guide to Lifelong Nutrition. She is in private practice in Manhattan.
Jeffrey I. Mechanick, MD, is Clinical Professor of Medicine and Director of Metabolic Support in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Bone Diseases at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Mechanick is an Officer of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Past President of the American Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists, and Member of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition - Science Board
This App is for Health Care Professionals.
1. Acid-base normal values and abnormalities chart
2. Determination of acid-base status in a step by step approach
3. Interactive calculators for anion gap; estimation of fluid requirement in burns (Parkland formula), algorithm explaining diagnostic workup in metabolic alkalosis, hypernatremia and hyponatremia and many more
4. Diagrammatic representation of body water and electrolyte distribution, and information on electrolyte repletion
5. Diagnostic algorithms of acidosis, alkalosis, electrolyte abnormalities
6. Assessment and common causes of acid-base disorders
7. Essentials section for a quick reference of important material at a glance
8. New features and functionality
- Font change feature
- Full text search
For physicians, physician assistants, nurses, students, and all other health care professionals
The app was designed for the dieticians and clinicians to be able to find the most relevant and up to date information regarding a particular nutritional problem quickly and easily. It contains pertinent information for treating inpatients and outpatients, with basic and advanced concepts, to be used as needed during hospital rounds or in clinic.
The app includes diagnostic and treatment guidelines, management algorithms, useful scores and scales, and drug administration tables detailing latest commonly used drugs.
1. Mini nutritional assessment score by Nestle Nutrition Institute
2. Interactive calculators on BMI, Ideal body weight, Body surface area, DRI’s
3. Guidelines from SIGN, AACE, TOS, ASMBS and NICE (UK) about various aspects of nutrition, medical conditions, syndromes, and various remedial procedures
4. Screening tools like MUST, A.S.P.E.N., patient generated subjective global assessment to assess malnutrition and various equations for determine calorie requirements
5. Latest dietary reference intakes (DRIs) tables from the Food and Nutrition Information Center (FNIC) are available in easy interactive format
6. Role of comprehensive obesity management in bariatric procedures
7. Enteral and parenteral nutrition support
8. ICD-9 and the latest ICD-10 codes
9. Lab values
Functionality of the app:
1. Notes, Bookmarks
2. Indexed and full text search
4. Font change feature
• Head trauma, indications for ICP monitoring
• Neck trauma, neck zones and their contents, operative planning
• Special procedures like emergency department thoracotomy, diagnostic peritoneal lavage
• Glasgow coma scale, liver and spleen injury scale
• algorithms for management of abdominal and pelvic trauma
For interns, residents, nurses, and other healthcare professionals working in an emergency setting.
This title includes:
More than 600 pictures, graphics, and tables
Classifications in clearly arranged tables
Explanation of common abbreviations and symbols
Valuable appendix with normal lab values, immunization schedule, periodic table, etc.
Full Text Search
This neurological reference guide contains :
· Interactive Tools
· Lab Values
· History and Presentation
· Clinical Anatomy
· Multiple Sclerosis
· DDX – Differential Diagnosis
· H & P – History and Presentation
· Clinical Anatomy
· Cerebro vascular Disease
· Infectious Diseases
· Movement Disorders
· Epileptic Seizures
· Neuromuscular / Neuropathic Disorders
· Traumatic Injury
· Pain Syndromes
Functionality of the app:
· Index-based search function:
- Get to the right entry directly and quickly with the index-search function
- No more time consuming searching or browsing
· Bookmark function
· Notes function
· History function
‐ index based searchlist
‐ ”last viewed” button
‐ notes and bookmarks
All necessary information about ECG – always at your fingertips!
Pharmacologic stress testing: list of drugs used in stress testing including indications, contraindications, pros and cons, side effects
Explanation of the assessment of myocardial ischemia in nuclear medicine (SPECT)
Specific comments on the diagnostic value of cardiac stress testing in women
Guidelines for the management of patients with positive studies
Guidelines and an algorithm for preoperative cardiac stress testing
General background information such as indications, interpretation, and prognostic value of cardiac stress tests
> Easy navigation to critical information.
> Multiple navigation possibilities via TOC view and Classic View
> Well illustrated charts,tables and diagrams.
> Zoomable "Classic View" for rapid access
> BBaTools section to keep you updated with our latest apps in the appstore
> Free Updates
> Email support
Jed A. Katzel, MD is a hematologist/oncologist practicing in Northern California. His internal medicine internship, residency, and chief resident year were performed in Manhattan at Saint Vincent's Hospital. Wards 101, and subsequently, this App was inspired by the tireless teaching of the cardiologist, Dr. James T. Mazarra, former internal medicine program director, Margaret Smith, MD, and the Oncologist, Dr. Bill Cook.
His application is designed to provide the key information that clinicians or trainees require when caring for patients.
The App contains the bare essentials of medical practice in the acute hospital setting as well as must-knows and clinical perls from the Wards 101 pocket. All house staff including medical students, interns, residents, and even attending, will find this an indispensable bedside reference tool.
• The basic components of the history including interpretation of ECG, cardiac, lung, abdominal, and neurological exams
• Basic outlines of ACLS algorithms
• Common lab values and normal ranges, important equations, unit conversions, and information on proper techniques for obtaining samples (e.g., phlebotomy tubes, cultures, etc.)
• ABG interpretation and the interpretation and management of fluid and electrolyte abnormalities
• Outlines of common notes including SOAP, Discharge, On-service, Pre-op, Operative notes and more
• Basic information on common drugs administered on the wards including pain medications, glucose control agents, hypertension drugs, etc.
• Must-knows, clinical perls, and avoiding common pitfalls of practice on the wards
This App is for healthcare professionals.
• Contraception efficacy rates for different contraception methods
• General guidelines for the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCPs)
• Guidelines for progestin-only and intrauterine contraception
• Quick Start algorithms for new contraception requests
• Complete contraceptive use and contraindications recommendations from the WHO
• List of US OCPs and other hormonal contraceptive methods including infor mation on estrogen and progestin content and type, androgenic activity, and brand names
For physicians, physician assistants, nurses, students and all other healthcare professionals.
► Easy navigation to critical information
► Well illustrated charts,tables and diagrams.
► Zoomable "Classic View" for rapid access
► BBiTools section to keep you updated with our latest apps in the appstore
► Free Updates
► Email support
* Essential information regarding aortic, mitral, pulmonary and tricuspid stenosis, aortic and mitral regurgitation
* An overview of important differential diagnoses
* A summary of Doppler data for prosthetic aortic and mitral values