It calculates the following outcomes:
- Coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Myocardial infarction
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- Death from coronary heart disease
- Death from cardiovascular disease
This application has been provided with the hope that it will be useful, but without warranty, implied or explicit, of fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not accept responsibility for anything. No applications can be good as your medic.
Its aim is to deliver information on the management of cardiovascular risk before noncardiac surgery.
There is also a practical protocol to assess whether a patient requires cardiac evaluation before noncardiac surgery.
PICUDoctor 4.2 - A PICU Cardiac Guide
An updated, free online Pediatric Critical Care guideline has just been published. This online guide is a short compendium for PICU physicians, nurses, therapists emphasising on the intensive care management for children with congenital heart disease.
Each chapter explains details about cardiac defects, physiology, pre-, peri- and postoperative management and outcome with additional links to literature. The latest edition 4.2 includes new chapters, updated literature references, improved pictures and all references are now hyperlinked to pubmed. The PICU edition 4.0 is available for free as iPhone app, iBook, SmartPhone app and on the web (www.picudoctor.org).
Sample chapters include:
Anesthesia and Analgesia in Paediatric Intensive Care / Basics in Cardiovascular physiology
Patient Admission and Discharge in CICU / ALCAPA / ASD / DORV / TOF / VSD / Heart Failure / Nitric Oxide / ECMO / CVVHDF / Pacing / APLS and many more
This guidelines summarises guidelines from different CICUs, but it is only a guideline and does not substitute local clinical experience, clinical evaluation and / or judgement of each individual patient. The guideline is available for free for iPhone, iBook, Smartphones or on the web.
If you are not happy please leave a comment and rating, so your feedback can help improve the app !
Great for Medical students, and those who examine them.
1. When your examinee is ready, press the "Start Examination Button"
2. When you observe your examinee perform the relevant task, simply click the checkbox
3. When your examinee has indicated the conclusion of the examination, click the "Finish Examination" button.
4. Simply scroll up and report back what was missed!
I hope you find this program useful! I welcome and suggestions or improvements.
Includes content from Talley and O'Connor, Oxford Handbook of Clinical medicine, and a (small) pinch of experience!
More from developer
- Common empiric antibiotic regimens for a broad range of infections including sepsis, endocarditis, pneumonia, and various infections of the urogenital tract, GI tract, soft tissues, and other organ systems
- Information for treatment of multi-drug-resistant organisms in special circumstances
- Antibiotic spectrum lists activity of common antibiotics in order of effectiveness for treatment against Gram-negative, Gram-positive, and membraneless bacteria
- Extensive drug administration information includes doses, cost rating, bioavailability, elimination and penetration information, and common side effects
- Addition of an essentials section for a quick reference of important material at a glance
- Antibiotic spectrum table, and Overview of antibiotics table arranged in an all new interactive tabular format
- Comprehensive material on antimicrobial, antifungal, antivirals drugs and much more
- Full text search,and option to change font size of the text
For General Practitioners, Clinicians, Residents, Nurse Practitioners and other health care professionals.
· Signs and symptoms characteristic of MS
· Four disease courses
· 2010 Revised McDonald Diagnostic Criteria for Multiple Sclerosis
· Differential diagnoses
· Elements of the diagnostic workup, including typical findings on brain and spinal MRI, and cerebrospinal fluid analysis
· Common clinically-isolated syndrome presentations
· Extensive symptom management including impact on quality of life, additional resources, and patient education material
· Treatment strategies including disease-modifying medications and relapse and symptom management
· Assessment scales including the Kurtzke Functional Systems Scores, Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale, Bladder Control Scale, and Two-Question Screening Tool for Depression
· National MS Society resources for clinicians and their patients
* Essential information regarding aortic, mitral, pulmonary and tricuspid stenosis, aortic and mitral regurgitation
* An overview of important differential diagnoses
* A summary of Doppler data for prosthetic aortic and mitral values
Furthermore the app contains fluids and electrolytes management, a table of anti-coagulation and neuraxial anesthesia, and special information about cardiothoracic and obstetric anesthesia (hemodynamic values, drugs, risk stratification, and changes during pregnancy). In addition, there is information about peripheral nerve blocks and pain management (PCA Regime).
· Easy navigation to critical information
· Multiple navigation possibilities via TOC view and Classic View
· Well illustrated charts, tables, and diagrams
· Zoomable Classic View for rapid access
· BBiTools section to keep you updated with the latest apps
psychiatric medications. The content of the newest version of our Psychiatry app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use.
Features include gesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, support for SD card backup, and numerous interactive psychiatric scales and scores.
· Both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 classifications
· Complete ICD-10 diagnostic criteria and summaries of DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria
· Extensive coverage of psychiatric disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, and impulse disorders
· Treatment information and algorithms including a complete psychiatric drug administration guide
· Interactive psychiatric scales like the Anxiety Status Inventory, HAMD-7, YMRS, Geriatric Depression Scale and many more
· A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used psychiatric principles and tools
· Symptoms and presentation section to enable the user to quickly identify common differentials in psychiatry
· Information on common laboratory tests useful for ruling out medical causes of psychiatric disorders.
* a quick reference for identifying all common ECG findings, such as hypertrophy, AV conduction defects, arrythmias and more
* a concise summary of how to record and read an ECG and a standardised evalutation sheet
* scales of 2 x RR (25 mm/s and 50mm/s), plus amplitudes (mV), times and intervals(ms)
The content of our Pediatric app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use. Features includegesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, and numerous interactive pediatricscales and scores.
- Contains the latest recommendations from AAP
- The pocket is arranged in a short, comprehensive, and tabular format.
- Pocket includes treatment guidelines, algorithms & important scales and scores
- Handy tables detailing commonly used pediatric medications
• Coverage of most pediatrics disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, impulse disorders, and many others
• Normal value chapter covering all values according to age group.
• A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used pediatrics principles and tools
Functionality of the app:
• Indexed and full text search
The Pain Management pocketcards provide you with:
- Guidelines on the assessment and management of pain
- Breakthrough pain management and rescue dosing
- Opioid equianalgesic dosing table
- Management of opioid-related adverse events
• Neurological examination
•Survey of dermatomes, cranial nerves, clinically relevant muscles, and cerebral vessels
• SLUMS Mental State Exam
• Glasgow Coma Scale
• NEW: third card on cerebral vessels and territories, and nerves of the upper and lower extremities
It is illustrated and interactive.
§ Abdominal evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of pain, mass, bowel obstruction and gastrointestinal bleeding | Child-Turcotte-Pugh classification | Ranson’s criteria | Hinchey classification
§ Thyroid evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of neck mass
§ Breast evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of breast mass
§ Hernia evaluation: history and physical examination | Nyhus classification | differential diagnosis of groin hernia
§ Interactive physiologic formulas: hemodynamic | respiratory | endocrine and metabolic
§ Fluids, electrolytes, acid-base and nutrition: estimation of maintenance fluids | parkland formula for the rehydration in burn patients | acid-base disorders | flowchart for arterial blood gas interpretation | differential diagnosis of electrolyte disturbances
§ Critical care: interactive Glasgow Coma Scale | Classification of hemorrhagic shock | hemodynamic response to shock | equivalent glucocorticoid dosing
§ Pressure ulcers and wounds: pressure ulcer staging | wound classification and infection risk
§ Local anesthetic agents: dosing | duration | comments
§ Surgical notes: general surgery patient follow-up checklist | preoperative note | operative note | postoperative note
§ Surgical sutures: illustrated suture techniques
Completely updated version!
§ Ergonomic home screen design with more features including SD card backup
§ Additional systematic table of contents for categorized access
Contains over 800 lists of symptoms, physical signs and abnormal findings (including laboratory tests)
Alphabetical table of contents
Keyword search function
Notes: Add personal notes to an entry and find all notes in the notes list
Bookmarks: Highlight your favorite entries
The app is an invaluable resource for medical students entering the clinical years and a great reference source for residents and other medical professionals.
For students, residents, nurses, and all other healthcare professionals.
‐ index based searchlist
‐ ”last viewed” button
‐ notes and bookmarks
All necessary information about ECG – always at your fingertips!
The app contains concise tables and illustrations, making it a valuable resource during patient evaluation, on hospital rounds, or as a medical reference.
* Indications and contraindications for performing pulmonary function tests
* Clearly arranged algorithm for the interpretation of pulmonary function tests
* Numerous graphics with flow-volume loops of different alterations in lung function
* Tables and formulas for mechanics of breathing, e.g. compliance,resistance and pressure gradients
* Lung volumes and capacities with graphics and tables
* Description of different tests, e.g. spirometry, plethysmography, lung diffusion capacity, and their interpretation
This app is designed to provide the key information that clinicians or trainees require when caring for patients.
* Statistical data regarding the most common cancers
* Diagnostic workup, TNM classification, grading and therapy of cancers like breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and colorectal cancer
* ECOG performance status scale
* Key oncology definitions
This App is for Health Care Professionals.
* A Complete handy tool for the physician to use in the clinical set-up
* Comprehensive coverage of the history and examination of a patient
* Detailed checklist for the physical examination of all system of the body
* Detailed checklist of the review of all the system of the body
It is designed for beginners with little or no previous knowledge of acupuncture, as well as for physicians interested in refreshing their knowledge.
¤ Compact and concise: The most important acupuncture points precisely described and graphically illustrated
¤ Differential treatment approaches for various diseases
¤Includes ear acupuncture: description and illustration of the main acupuncture points and specific treatment concepts
¤ Suitable as a detailed practical guide for beginners and a reference guide for advanced students
¤ Clear tabular format with many illustrations
¤ Structured for intuitive user operation and easy navigation
¤ Chapters include: General, The Twelve Main Meridians, Extraordinary Meridians, Extra Acupuncture Points, Important Acupuncture Points, Treatment Concepts, Ear Acupuncture