Prognosis : Neurology contains 28 cases covering the spectrum of clinical neurology.
The cases are excellent preparation for the USMLE Step 2 CS, COMLEX, NCLEX, CCRN and MCAT exams, as well as other board examinations and professional licensure tests.
They are also an excellent introduction to clinical neurology for anyone interested in the field.
Each case can be completed in a few minutes, making it an ideal tool for quick or last minute revision.
The content is modeled on real life patients, has been checked by a panel of expert medical specialists and is based on current management guidelines.
The diseases covered include:
1. Trigeminal Neuralgia
2. Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
3. Bell's plasy
4. Acoustic Neuroma
5. Lateral Medullary Syndrome
6. Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
7. Ischemic Stroke
8. Parkinsons Disease
9. Multiple Sclerosis
10. Foot Drop
11. Essential Tremor
12. Acute Encephalitis
13. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
14. Basilar Migraine
15. Myasthenia Gravis
16. Bitemporal Hemianopia
17. Cluster Headache
18. Meningitis, Bacterial
19. Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
20. Cerebral Venous Thrombosis
21. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
22. Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
23. Spinal Epidural Abscess
24. Peripheral Neuropathy, B12 def.
25. Guillain Barre Syndrome
27. Cervical Spondylomyelopathy
28. Chronic SDH
Download Neurology Dictionary today to know nervous system and there actual meaning. Neurology is the medical field- study of the human nervous system. The nervous system encompasses the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles.
Keep up to date with latest news and articles with the Medical news feed. provides authoritative, concise definitions for a wide range of terms used in the health sciences, including diseases, nervous parts, and procedures and much more.
Quick dynamic search of words while you type.
It Works offline, no need for an active internet connection!
the main purpose of this dictionary to provide the information if you apply on the subject first contact to doctor.
Supports English, Spanish, German ,French and Portuguese.
Keywords: Psychiatry, brain, psychology, clinical history, patient, neurology, neurologist, psychiatrist.
This neurological reference guide contains :
· Interactive Tools
· Lab Values
· History and Presentation
· Clinical Anatomy
· Multiple Sclerosis
· DDX – Differential Diagnosis
· H & P – History and Presentation
· Clinical Anatomy
· Cerebro vascular Disease
· Infectious Diseases
· Movement Disorders
· Epileptic Seizures
· Neuromuscular / Neuropathic Disorders
· Traumatic Injury
· Pain Syndromes
Functionality of the app:
· Index-based search function:
- Get to the right entry directly and quickly with the index-search function
- No more time consuming searching or browsing
· Bookmark function
· Notes function
· History function
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Neurology and Psychiatry, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, fills that void quite effectively. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 80 neuropsychiatry related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
Neurology is a vast subject with myriad terms; remembering and recalling them is a tough job.
This quiz will be particularly useful for students of medical and allied health sciences such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing etc.
This quiz has been divided into chapters and volumes that focus on each part of the nervous system and related diseases.
This question bank is slated to be distributed in volumes - comprising of this free Lite version and remaining pro-versions.
The pro-versions shall soon be available in several volumes averaging 70 questions per volume.
If you are satisfied with the quiz quality then please LIKE its page on Facebook and/or rate on Google Play/ Market.
Although due care has been taken in providing accurate answers, however should you find any ambiguity/ incorrectness then please mail your feedback/ suggestions at email@example.com.
So now no more panic stricken faces before the exams !
Neurology Practice Flashcards Features:
* 450 board-style neurology multiple-choice flashcards
* Video and image-dependent questions
* Detailed explanations for each answer
* Intuitive interface so you can focus on the content
* Immediately review any missed question
* Retake only the questions you've missed, or pick up the exam wherever you left off
* See your exam score breakdown by category on completion
Be confident and prepared for your upcoming Neurology board exam - or simply brush up on your knowledge - with this powerful study tool.
Get to the detail of the complex medical terms with our Neurology Dictionary by downloading it today. Neurology is the medical field- study of the human nervous system. The nervous system encompasses the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles.
*NOTE: NO POP UP ADS IN THE APP
MedCalc 3000 is the most popular and comprehensive Medical Calculator system on the web. It has been highly acclaimed, reviewed and tested over the last 12 years.
MedCalc 3000 Neurology comprises medical equations, clinical criteria sets, decision tree tools and dose/unit converters used every day by Neuro Science specialists. Now you can put this invaluable resource in the palm of your hand!
Clinical Criteria Sets included:
Activity Score for Nursing Home Patients
Atrial Fibrillation and Arterial Thromboembolism Risk
Atrial Fibrillation CHADS(2) Score for Stroke Risk
Atrial Fibrillation Five Year Risk of Stroke or Death
Bacterial Meningitis Score for Children
Bleeding Risk on Warfarin Therapy (multiple)
Canadian Head CT Rule for Minor Head Injury
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Diagnostic Criteria
CIWA-Ar Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol Scale
Clock Drawing Task (Cognitive Impairment Screening)
Cognitive Impairment Screening with 6 Questions
Depression Screening by a Two Item PHQ-2
Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS)
Fall Risk in Elderly Hospitalized Patients
Fear Avoidance Beliefs Questionaires
Geriatric Depression Screeners (mulitiple)
Glasgow Coma Scale
Intracranial Bleeding Risk from Thrombolytic Therapy of MI
Migraine Criteria (with and without aura)
Neurofibomatosis Criteria (multiple)
New Orleans Head CT Criteria
NIH Stroke Score
Oswestry Disability Index (2 versions)
Panic Disorder Screener
Spinal Manipulation Success Prediction for Low Back Pain
Stroke Recovery Prediction
Stroke Risk in Diabetes Type 2 UKPDS 60
Stroke Risk in Patients 55-84 Years Old (Framingham data)
Syncope Risk Prediction
TIA Prognosis: Risk of Stroke by 90 Days After Presentation
Warfarin Weekly Dose Estimate in Non-rheumatic A-fib
Blood Ethanol Concentration Estimation
CSF IgG Index
CSF Protein Concentration Correction in Blood Contaminated CSF
CSF WBC Correction in Blood Contaminated CSF
Epidural Formulation Compounding Calculator
Hyponatremia Correction Infusate Rate
Infant Head Circumference for Age Percentiles (< 36 months)
Phenytoin Free (Unbound) Drug Level (Adjusted for Hypoalbuminemia)
Phenytoin Total Drug Level (Adjusted for Hypoalbuminemia and Renal Function)
Sodium Deficit in Hyponatremia
Decision Trees included:
Benign Positional Vertigo
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (bivariate and multivariate)
Low Back Pain Evaluation
Rabies Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
Warfarin Dosing Nomograms (multiple)
Unit and Dose Converters include:
Area Unit Conversions
Basic Unit Conversions
Comprehensive Unit Conversions
Corticosteroid Medication Dosing Conversions
Density Unit Conversions
Energy Unit Conversions
Fentanyl Patch Initial Dosing Estimate Based on Prior Narcotic Dosing
Flow Unit Conversions
Force Unit Conversions
Length Unit Conversions
Opioid Medication Dose Conversions
Oxygen Delivery Units Conversions
Power Unit Conversions
Pressure Unit Conversions
SI Unit Conversions (multiple)
Speed Unit Conversions
Standard Drink Equivalents
Temperature Unit Conversions
Textile Type Unit Conversions
Thyroid Medication Dosing Conversions
Time Unit Conversions
Volume Unit Conversions
Weight Unit Conversions
To practice, teach and learn medicine based on solid, literature based evidence, MedCalc 3000 provides easy to use, interactive tools for your Evidence-Based Medicine.
More from developer
- Common empiric antibiotic regimens for a broad range of infections including sepsis, endocarditis, pneumonia, and various infections of the urogenital tract, GI tract, soft tissues, and other organ systems
- Information for treatment of multi-drug-resistant organisms in special circumstances
- Antibiotic spectrum lists activity of common antibiotics in order of effectiveness for treatment against Gram-negative, Gram-positive, and membraneless bacteria
- Extensive drug administration information includes doses, cost rating, bioavailability, elimination and penetration information, and common side effects
- Addition of an essentials section for a quick reference of important material at a glance
- Antibiotic spectrum table, and Overview of antibiotics table arranged in an all new interactive tabular format
- Comprehensive material on antimicrobial, antifungal, antivirals drugs and much more
- Full text search,and option to change font size of the text
For General Practitioners, Clinicians, Residents, Nurse Practitioners and other health care professionals.
· Signs and symptoms characteristic of MS
· Four disease courses
· 2010 Revised McDonald Diagnostic Criteria for Multiple Sclerosis
· Differential diagnoses
· Elements of the diagnostic workup, including typical findings on brain and spinal MRI, and cerebrospinal fluid analysis
· Common clinically-isolated syndrome presentations
· Extensive symptom management including impact on quality of life, additional resources, and patient education material
· Treatment strategies including disease-modifying medications and relapse and symptom management
· Assessment scales including the Kurtzke Functional Systems Scores, Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale, Bladder Control Scale, and Two-Question Screening Tool for Depression
· National MS Society resources for clinicians and their patients
* Essential information regarding aortic, mitral, pulmonary and tricuspid stenosis, aortic and mitral regurgitation
* An overview of important differential diagnoses
* A summary of Doppler data for prosthetic aortic and mitral values
Furthermore the app contains fluids and electrolytes management, a table of anti-coagulation and neuraxial anesthesia, and special information about cardiothoracic and obstetric anesthesia (hemodynamic values, drugs, risk stratification, and changes during pregnancy). In addition, there is information about peripheral nerve blocks and pain management (PCA Regime).
· Easy navigation to critical information
· Multiple navigation possibilities via TOC view and Classic View
· Well illustrated charts, tables, and diagrams
· Zoomable Classic View for rapid access
· BBiTools section to keep you updated with the latest apps
psychiatric medications. The content of the newest version of our Psychiatry app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use.
Features include gesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, support for SD card backup, and numerous interactive psychiatric scales and scores.
· Both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 classifications
· Complete ICD-10 diagnostic criteria and summaries of DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria
· Extensive coverage of psychiatric disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, and impulse disorders
· Treatment information and algorithms including a complete psychiatric drug administration guide
· Interactive psychiatric scales like the Anxiety Status Inventory, HAMD-7, YMRS, Geriatric Depression Scale and many more
· A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used psychiatric principles and tools
· Symptoms and presentation section to enable the user to quickly identify common differentials in psychiatry
· Information on common laboratory tests useful for ruling out medical causes of psychiatric disorders.
* a quick reference for identifying all common ECG findings, such as hypertrophy, AV conduction defects, arrythmias and more
* a concise summary of how to record and read an ECG and a standardised evalutation sheet
* scales of 2 x RR (25 mm/s and 50mm/s), plus amplitudes (mV), times and intervals(ms)
The content of our Pediatric app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use. Features includegesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, and numerous interactive pediatricscales and scores.
- Contains the latest recommendations from AAP
- The pocket is arranged in a short, comprehensive, and tabular format.
- Pocket includes treatment guidelines, algorithms & important scales and scores
- Handy tables detailing commonly used pediatric medications
• Coverage of most pediatrics disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, impulse disorders, and many others
• Normal value chapter covering all values according to age group.
• A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used pediatrics principles and tools
Functionality of the app:
• Indexed and full text search
The Pain Management pocketcards provide you with:
- Guidelines on the assessment and management of pain
- Breakthrough pain management and rescue dosing
- Opioid equianalgesic dosing table
- Management of opioid-related adverse events
• Neurological examination
•Survey of dermatomes, cranial nerves, clinically relevant muscles, and cerebral vessels
• SLUMS Mental State Exam
• Glasgow Coma Scale
• NEW: third card on cerebral vessels and territories, and nerves of the upper and lower extremities
It is illustrated and interactive.
§ Abdominal evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of pain, mass, bowel obstruction and gastrointestinal bleeding | Child-Turcotte-Pugh classification | Ranson’s criteria | Hinchey classification
§ Thyroid evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of neck mass
§ Breast evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of breast mass
§ Hernia evaluation: history and physical examination | Nyhus classification | differential diagnosis of groin hernia
§ Interactive physiologic formulas: hemodynamic | respiratory | endocrine and metabolic
§ Fluids, electrolytes, acid-base and nutrition: estimation of maintenance fluids | parkland formula for the rehydration in burn patients | acid-base disorders | flowchart for arterial blood gas interpretation | differential diagnosis of electrolyte disturbances
§ Critical care: interactive Glasgow Coma Scale | Classification of hemorrhagic shock | hemodynamic response to shock | equivalent glucocorticoid dosing
§ Pressure ulcers and wounds: pressure ulcer staging | wound classification and infection risk
§ Local anesthetic agents: dosing | duration | comments
§ Surgical notes: general surgery patient follow-up checklist | preoperative note | operative note | postoperative note
§ Surgical sutures: illustrated suture techniques
Completely updated version!
§ Ergonomic home screen design with more features including SD card backup
§ Additional systematic table of contents for categorized access
Contains over 800 lists of symptoms, physical signs and abnormal findings (including laboratory tests)
Alphabetical table of contents
Keyword search function
Notes: Add personal notes to an entry and find all notes in the notes list
Bookmarks: Highlight your favorite entries
The app is an invaluable resource for medical students entering the clinical years and a great reference source for residents and other medical professionals.
For students, residents, nurses, and all other healthcare professionals.
‐ index based searchlist
‐ ”last viewed” button
‐ notes and bookmarks
All necessary information about ECG – always at your fingertips!
The app contains concise tables and illustrations, making it a valuable resource during patient evaluation, on hospital rounds, or as a medical reference.
* Indications and contraindications for performing pulmonary function tests
* Clearly arranged algorithm for the interpretation of pulmonary function tests
* Numerous graphics with flow-volume loops of different alterations in lung function
* Tables and formulas for mechanics of breathing, e.g. compliance,resistance and pressure gradients
* Lung volumes and capacities with graphics and tables
* Description of different tests, e.g. spirometry, plethysmography, lung diffusion capacity, and their interpretation
This app is designed to provide the key information that clinicians or trainees require when caring for patients.
* Statistical data regarding the most common cancers
* Diagnostic workup, TNM classification, grading and therapy of cancers like breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and colorectal cancer
* ECOG performance status scale
* Key oncology definitions
This App is for Health Care Professionals.
* A Complete handy tool for the physician to use in the clinical set-up
* Comprehensive coverage of the history and examination of a patient
* Detailed checklist for the physical examination of all system of the body
* Detailed checklist of the review of all the system of the body
It is designed for beginners with little or no previous knowledge of acupuncture, as well as for physicians interested in refreshing their knowledge.
¤ Compact and concise: The most important acupuncture points precisely described and graphically illustrated
¤ Differential treatment approaches for various diseases
¤Includes ear acupuncture: description and illustration of the main acupuncture points and specific treatment concepts
¤ Suitable as a detailed practical guide for beginners and a reference guide for advanced students
¤ Clear tabular format with many illustrations
¤ Structured for intuitive user operation and easy navigation
¤ Chapters include: General, The Twelve Main Meridians, Extraordinary Meridians, Extra Acupuncture Points, Important Acupuncture Points, Treatment Concepts, Ear Acupuncture