Watch the British Council’s most popular English language videos in LearnEnglish Videos.
Improve your listening, reading and understanding of general and business English – any time, anywhere. LearnEnglish Videos has lots of special features that make learning English fun.
The videos are downloadable any time, so you can access the content offline. Then when you have finished with an episode, you can delete it to make space on your phone.
LearnEnglish Videos – key features
* New videos are added every week, so you never run out of things to watch. We have videos on a range of topics, from language learning tips to travel, so there is something for everyone.
* Downloadable episodes mean you can watch offline. But don’t worry, when you have done with an episode you can delete it, so it doesn’t use up space on your phone.
* The interactive audio scripts make it easy for you to repeat phrases or new vocabulary if they are hard to hear. Plus, pitch control means you can slow down the video speed if the speaker is a bit difficult to understand.
* Three styles of player – portrait 1 (video and script), portrait 2 (script only) and landscape (video only) – make it easy for you to manage your learning experience.
* Enjoy simple exercises for every episode of content, with a progress screen so you can track your progress.
* Share what you’re watching and listening to through Facebook, Twitter and email with integrated social media sharing. Celebrate your progress with your friends.
All feedback is welcome. If you are experiencing any problems with the app, please email us at email@example.com with a short description of the issue and as much info about your phone and operating system as you can give us. But don’t wait for something to go wrong to reach out – you can email us any time to let us know what you think about LearnEnglish Videos, share ideas for new episodes or tell us how the app is helping you!
Your privacy is very important to us. We do not collect any personal information about you. We do track how the app is used, such as which episodes are the most popular and which features people use often, but we only use this information to improve the app and the content.
Learn English with the British Council
Learn English in our classrooms with the world’s English experts. We’ve been teaching English for more than 80 years and have helped more than 100 million people in 100 different countries improve their English skills and build their confidence.
Visit www.britishcouncil.org/english to find out more information.
About our apps
The British Council creates top English learning apps for learners of all ages. You can download our apps to practise grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary and listening. Visit our website to see all our apps: www.britishcouncil.org/mobilelearning.