You can use this app to associate multiple functions (e.g. Wlan OFF, Bluetooth ON, Mobile Data TOGGLE, start navigation,run Tasker task, start any installed app, use media buttons, call a phone number, add a timestamp, calendar entry, add Text-to-Speech and much more!) to a NFC (near field communication) tag via an app internal database. You can even add tag cycles and let your tag run different activities per scan. So ReTag is the perfect NFC automation tool for you ;-).
(Works with ANY android supported tag = re-writable AND write protected!)
With NFC ReTag you don´t have to write anything on the tag (-> uses the tag ID, great for small tagsizes and write-protected tags!) and NO data is send to the internet. Additional write options (for better dispatching, device independent tags etc.) are also available. Import of activity tags and beaming is also supportet.
*!* NFC enabled device required / NO root required *!*
Support forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1477138
If you have any issues please do not hesitate to write us an E-mail.
You could combine any activities and add as many activities and cycles as you want per tag. (obviously except for writing activity tags -> depends on tagsize). For best performance and dispatching, write a special NFC ReTag tag (this is NOT an activity tag!).
* Set Ringer (silent/ vibrate/ normal)
* Set Ringer Volume
* Set Music Volume
* Set ALarm Volume
* set Brightness (auto/ value)
* Set Auto Sync (on/off/toggle)
* Set Auto Rotate (on/off/toggle)
* Set Display timeout
* Set Stay On while Loading (AC/USB/AC+USB/Never)
Wireless & Networks
* Set Wlan (on/off/toggle)
* Set Bluetooth (on/off/toggle)
* Set Airplane mode (on/off/toggle)
* Connect Wifi Hotspot (on/off/toggle)
* Connect Wifi SSID (SSID)
* Set Mobile Data (on/off/toggle)
Start & Launch
* App/ Activity Launcher (any app on your device)
* Music (Toogle Play, Stop, Next etc.)
* Navigation (adress)
* Website (URL)
* Tasker task
* Carmode (on/off/toggle)
* Call (number)
Calendar & Alarm
* Set Alarm (07:32)
* Set Alarmtimer (in 12 min)
* Add Calendar entry
* Make Timestamp
Misc & Labs
* Say something (TextoSpeech)
* Start Secret code
* Go to Homescreen
* Show Pop-up (Text)
* WAIT (milliseconds)
* Add new SSID (great for sharing/ beaming WiFi SSID and password)
* Say current time
* Launch App Activities
* Bluetooth discoverability
* Set default ringtone, notification tone, alarm tone
* Tasker Task advanced
* ReTag Broadcast (for 3rd party apps)
* Unique tag cycles (activities for scan 1, scan 2, scan 3 etc.)
* Write/import NFC ReTag activity tags
* Beam your activity cycles
* Write special NFC ReTag tag (better dispatching)
* Write Smarttags (Green, Blue etc.)
* Backup/ import database
* Disable NFC ReTag background dispatching
* Save tag as template
* Support for placeholders (e.g. [%UID], [%DAT])
* BT and WiFi trigger
* and many many more ...
Full description and changelog: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1477138
An ad supported free version (with limited number of tags) and an unlimited ad-free (PRO) version is available. Please check if this app works on your phone via the FREE version before downloading the PRO version.
Supports any standard android NFC tags (NFC Forum Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, MIFARE Classic, Ultralight(C), DESFire etc.).
Issues with TASKER: Install Tasker BEFORE NFC ReTAG, enable Misc / Allow External Access in Tasker UI, enable Tasker (on/off button), try the Tasker fallback option within NFC ReTag settings!
Some security related NFC Tags (e.g. in passports) change their ID on every read attempt. This app will not work with such tags.
With the read function, basic information of the tag is returned and details, like NDEF message, and tag data in Hex, of your tag can be obtained. It allows you to better understand your NFC tags. NFC Doctor also tells you if your tag is writable and locked so you can apply your tags for different uses.
The write function allows you to input your message into your tag. You can code your tag with either a URL or plain text. You can write a few words for your friends and family, store information about your dog, or use the tag as a reminder memo to jot things down. Apart from plain text, you can write a URL on your tag to direct people to your webpage or recommend sites to friends.
The third function – clean, is for resetting your tags for reuse. There are two options, you can either format the tag to factory default setting or clear all the data stored.
The multiple functions of NFC Doctor makes using NFC tags a simple and convenient.
To write and configure tasks on your NFC tags , you can download the application NFC Tools here : http://getapp.nfctools.wakdev.com/ or search on the Play Store : NFC Tools.
The execution of tasks NFC requires a lot of rights than the simple use of NFC on your phone. This is why I decided to separate the function of NFC Tools application .
NFC Tasks can be used independently with NFC tags that have been already configured by NFC Tools.
The application can perform this following tasks :
- Enable / Disable / Toggle wifi
- Enable / Disable / Toggle wifi hotspot
- Enable / Disable / Toggle bluetooth
- Enable / Disable / Toggle mobile data
- Configuring sound profile : Mute / Vibrate / Normal
- Set brightness
- Set volume for ringtones and notifications
- Set volume for media
- Set volume for alarms
- Set alarm
- Set timer (from Android 4.4)
- Launch app
- Configuring a wireless network
- If you encounter any problem, contact me.
- If you like NFC Tasks, you can buy me a coffee: http://getapp.donate.wakdev.com/
- And if you want buy me more coffee, visit : http://donate.wakdev.com/
Simply using Android Beam and connecting your Nexus Nexus 4 and 7, for example, your phone automatically configure your tablet.
If your device doesn't have NFC, you can scan a QR code. No will surprise your friends with iPhone, but will work.
Testing in Nexus 4, Nexus 7, 10 and Samsung Nexus Galaxy S3.
If you have any problems please contact me to resolve it
- read one, write one tag.
- read one, write many tags.
Emailing tags is also supported. The app optionally remembers your NFC tag data for later use.
NOTE: THIS APP DOES NOT HACK CARDS, IT ONLY COPIES CARDS WITHOUT KEY PROTECTION.. You must yourself supply keys to the app whenever the card is protected.
Supported NFC tags:
- ALL tags types using standard NDEF content
- Mifare Ultralight
- Mifare Classic
Mifare Classic special features:
- use custom keys
- change A and B access keys for whole tag or for individual sectors
- set corresponding access conditions
Visit us at https://www.facebook.com/NFCTagCloner :-)
Please give constructive improvement hints if you are not happy with this app, we aim to please ;-)
Tags: NFC, NDEF, Clone, Copy, Duplicate, Beam
With this app installed you can just hold your mobile device close to a NFC Tag your friend placed at his homes entrance or anywhere else inside. The network stored on the tag will then automatically be added to your list of known networks and an attempt to connect to it will be started. No click required. The app does not even have to be started.
If you don't have NFC tags you can generate a QR code and use any QR code reader in the market to read the data. As long as WiFi Tap is installed it will handle that data when opened and add the WiFi to the list of known networks.
The app processes URIs in the format of wifi://[network ssid]/[wep|wpa|open]/[network key]
To write a Wi-Fi configuration to any compatible NFC tag this app has an easy to use interface, which lets you do that. Just start it via the launcher. For tag types I recommend “Mifare Ultralight (C)” tags. They are cheap and have enough space for storing Wi-Fi data. They can also be made read only (coming in a future version of this app)
You can buy tags e.g. at http://www.tagage.net/
Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WiFiTap
+ Support the writing of the type of phone, contacts, SMS, URL, text messages and mail.
+ Supports multiple types of tags.
+ Online buy NFC tags.
+ Support multi-device, cross-platform, Android and Windows Phone NFC mobile phone can read the same NFC tag without having to install APP.
+ Data optimization, written contacts without redundant data, least amount of data.
+ Interface is simple and easy to operate.
With Easy NFC Writer, you can encode an NFC Tag with a web address, a V-Card contact, or simple text.
The application is completely free and without advertising.
To write NFC tags, simply fill out the required fields and tap the Tag with your device.
On ShopNFC.it you can buy NFC Tag of different types, such as labels, wristbands, smartcards.
To write a large amount of NFC tags, importing data from an Excel spreadsheet, we recommend the Android app NFC Bulk Writer (http://j.mp/NFC-Bulk-Writer).
You can use any NFC Tag, including very popular Mifare Ultralight or Sony SmartTag.
You can use cloud storage, including Google Drive! (read only at this moment).
Go to Google Drive, select database, click on it and select open with NFC Key.
NFC tag stores only random numbers, and the password is encrypted with those numbers (AES-128 algorithm), stored in protected
Android device memory. An attacker would have to scan(copy) your NFC tag and either steal and root your Android device to get your password. If you suspect that your NFC tag has been read, you can use NFC Key again to re-write it with new random values, rendering the previous information useless.
* A phone which can write to, and read from, NFC tags (such as the Nexus 4,Xperia S, Xperia Z, Galaxy S3)
* Keepass2Android online or/and
* Keepass2Android offline or/and
TagControl broadly has three functionality:
1. History: This section will show the previously written NFC messages using TagControl application.
2. Learn about NFC: This section will explain NFC technology to user. It will explain the various use-cases and how to write/read NFC tags.
3. Write: Using this application user will be able to write NFC tags.
3.1 Generic NFC messages: These are generic NFC messages which can be read by any NFC phones without any pre- requisite application on them
> Call: You can write the phone number on the tag to allow other users to read tag for calling.
> SMS: Similarly you can also write phone number and optional SMS message on the tag to allow other users to read tag for sending SMS.
> URL: You can also write URL of websites to let other users to browse those websites by reading the tag.
> Mail: You can also write mail address and optional subject with mail content on the tag to allow users to read tag for sending mails.
> vCard: You can write their contact details in vCard (Business) card format on the tag to allow others to read tag for getting contact details.
> Text: You can also write plain text message on NFC tags.
3.2 Android Specific NFC messages: These are android specific NFC messages and can be read by android NFC phones having TagControl already installed.
> Mobile Settings: You can write different mobile settings to the tags to change these mobile settings with one touch of the tag. TagControl will allow users to set Bluetooth on/off/toggle, WIFI on/off/toggle, Airplane mode on/off/Toggle, Auto rotation on/off/toggle, Auto sync on/off/toggle, Car mode on/off/toggle, Brightness changes, Launch Application, Navigation, Set alarm and Ringtone mode changes You can also write multiple settings in one NFC tag.
> WIFI Setting: You can write your WIFI configuration on NFC tags using this feature. It will allow automatic WIFI configuration upon reading the tag on NFC Phone.
> MAP Setting: You can write their current position or desired location on the tags using this feature. It will show that position upon reading in Google Map.
> Direct Call/SMS: You can write phone numbers for direct Call and SMS on the tags. Instead of showing Phone number for call or SMS as in Generic case, this feature will start the action on reading the tag.
> Text to Speech Message: You can write text messages on tags and while reading these message will be converted to Speech. Currently only English US version is supported.
From your browser, you can write URL link directly to NFC Tag using our application. For this select Menu->Share->NFC TagControl and it will directly open NFC TagControl application with URL link. Now you can write that URL on NFC Tag.
Currently writing on empty tags (not formatted in NDEF format) is not supported.
Please mail us at email@example.com for any bugs, feedback or new features.
***Using Android BEAM needs two NFC devices.***
"BEAMING is cool, but I have only one NFC device ..." -> No problem, just write a NFC Hotspot tag, with the hotspot login data, and specify via in-app setting, how your device should react after taping the tag.
Specified as sender, your device will open the saved hotspot (e.G. stick the tag to your laptop and open your android hotspot via the tag). As receiver your device will connect to the saved WiFi network via SSID and password (e.G. share your network with a friend via tag).
The FREE version provides a standard SSID with WPA-PSK security and a random 10 char password (generated on first start). The PRO version let you fully customize your hotspot. You can test, if the app works with your devices via the free version.
SSID: Your WiFi Hotspot/ network name
Security: Define your security setting (None, WPA-PSK (default), WPA2-PSK)
Password: Your WiFi password (between 8 and 63 characters)
Version 1.0: Initial release!
Known Issues: Hotspot doesn´t open on some HTC device with some (stock) firmware versions!
Support forum (EN): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1812662
And, confirm the NDEF message structure.
The NFC Detail! allows you to store Text, URLs to any NFC-enabled tags, and also, to view the NDEF message format.
Use NFC Detail! application reads meta information and data from NFC transponders. It is an ideal tool for anyone who is curious about the information stored on their Near Field Communication tags.
- Easily create tag content.
- Create new content with the included NFC data set editor.
- View the existing contents of a tag.
- Intuitive graphical user guidance for all supported functions.
Supported NDEF records:
- Text Record
- URI Record
Supported tags for reading raw data and access conditions:
- NFC Forum Type 2 / MIFARE Ultralight / NTAG203
- MIFARE Classic
The first module is called "Assistant". It helps you create NFC tags for everyday actions, like calling your friends, navigating to your favourite web page, setting up an alarm or connect quickly to your home Wifi network. All this and more with just a simple tap. No more menu searching for simple tasks.
The second module focuses on your phone settings preferences that fit you, depending on where you are and what you are doing. It is called "Profiles".
You do not need to manually adjust your volume settings when you're at the movies, or turn on the loudspeaker when you are in the car. Quickly switch to a different wallpaper and launch the browser when you come home. Redirect incomming calls when you are at a meeting an turn your notification tones off ...INVENT!
No worries if you don't have a NFC tag with you when you're going to the movies. You can simply activate the profile form the profiles menu. From there you can also easily customize or delete an existing profile.
For those who don't own a NFC phone yet there is the QR alternative. You can make your own QR codes at "http://www.tagsee.net/qr/code_gen.html".
- Easily write data on tags
- Read content of a tag
- View history of written tags
- Write multiple tags in sequence
Supports the following NFC data sets:
- TEXT (write/read plain text)
- SMS (write/send a predefined SMS)
- CALL (write/call a predefined phone number (including emergency calls))
- URL (write/open URL address in your default browser)
- WiFi (write/establish connection with a WiFi network - "Open" or "WPA/WPA2")
- ALARM (write/set alarm clock)
- vCard (write contact data to a tag)
- CONNECTIVITY (connect to a known network, turn on/off wifi adapter, turn on/off bluetooth adapter)
- SOUNDS (set ringtone/alarm tone/notification tone, set notification/ringer vibration mode, ringer volume, media volume)
- LOOK (set a wallpaper, adjust display brightness, set screen saver timeout)
- ACTIONS (select applications to launch)
- CALLS (turn on/off loudspeaker, redirect incoming calls)
For suggestions and bug reports, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback is appreciated. We hope you enjoy it!
MORE FEATURES COMING SOON!:-)
Recommended by andytags.com ( http://andytags.com/nfc-apps.html ):
"TagSee has an awesome & fun user interface and allows creation of vCards, SMS, URL, and simple profiles on NFC Tags which can be used to change several settings on your phone at once. Also due to the slick U.I. probably the best app to read basic Text tags. "
It does NOT crack the secret key, it only uses keys that you add to it's database
If you don't have the key, this tool won't get it for you.
if you CAN'T get the keys, you should go back to reading & learning about mifare :-)
How to use this tool :
Main page allows you to fully scan a card,
it looks for KeyA and KeyB on every sectors, then gets all the data it can.
it uses all the keys in the database, starting by those it has used the most. be sure to add your secret keys before scanning to new tag.
this can be quite long, be patient ...
If it's not a MifareClassic Tag, we'll still try to find the type of tag, it's UID and gather some datas
QuickScan allows you to make the quickest scan possible on a single sector.
Template scan is the new concept of this version
You create a template by giving it a type of card, the sectors you wants to scan (so you don't loose your time scanning sectors that don't matter) and the right key to access it.
It bring you a fast and efficient way to get the data that you're looking for.
You can find all your scanned tags in the history tabs.
from their, you can edit a tag and it's data and write it back to the original tag, or to a compliant one.
you can also export the tag (.mfd format) to use the data easily with other tools (LibNFC is your friend).
please register your default email in the configuration to ease up that process.
You can add keys to the database so they will be used while scanning new tags
Changes in V2.0:
- KeyB is now working, to read AND Write tag
- Write back to tag is working, but you need to have the correct access conditions to be allowed to write.
- You can now read, write and save Mifare Mini, 1K, 2K and 4K.(some types haven't been tested yet, please send me your tags if you find a bug
- You can identify any NFC compatible tag, and save it's UID.
- A lot of optimisations on every activities
- A lot of bug correction, really a lot ! sorry for my poor coding :-)
Stuff to come :
- Get more data from non MifareClassic Tags
- make it possible to edit and write back to those tags.
- Increase the speed of the capture process
- make it possible to write the First block on chinese Mifare tags
- ... act as a Tag ! In order to do so, i'll need a custom rom. If you're a ROM god, contact me !