*Automatically calculates distance SWIM WORKOUTS
*Easy to save and email workouts for later use
*Intuitive UI to help create a great workout
*View workout while editing set SWIM WORKOUTS
Tips and Tricks
*Click on current set [CREATE WORKOUT] to edit with a keyboard SWIM CALCULATOR
*Long-press 1-9 for 100-900 respectively
*SWIM CALCULATOR Long-press @ for :
*Swipe left while creating set to see current workout
*Long-press a single set in view workout to edit or delete
*Save many times (will overwrite same workout)!
*Organize saved workouts by name, distance, or date by clicking name, distance, or date!
*Email developer for questions, comments, or wanted features SWIM CALCULATOR!
* Complete Swimming Basic Guide
* Complete Breaststroke Swimming Guide
* Complete Freestyle Swimming Guide
* Complete Backstroke Swimming Guide
* Complete Butterfly Swimming Guide
* Complete Diving Guide
* Complete Swimming Training Guide
* Community For Discussion
This app is a must for those who love swimming.
1) How to Do Front Crawl Freestyle Stroke
2) 3 Drills to Improve Freestyle Stroke
3) How to Breathe during a Front Crawl
4) How to Crawl Kick
5) How to Swim Faster
6) How to Flip Turn in Freestyle Swimming
7) How to Do the Back Crawl / Backstroke
8) 3 Swimming Drills to Improve Backstroke
9) How to Do the Butterfly Stroke
10) 2 Swimming Drills for Butterfly Stroke
11) How to Breathe during Butterfly Stroke
12) How to Kick in the Butterfly Stroke
13) How to Do the Breaststroke
14) How to Move Arms for Breaststroke
15) How to Do a Breaststroke Kick
16) How to Breathe during the Breaststroke
17) 2 Breaststroke Drills for Arms
18) 2 Breaststroke Drills for Kicks
19) 3 Breaststroke Tips
20) How to Turn & Push Off Wall with Breaststroke
21) How to Swim Underwater
22) Head-High Freestyle & Tarzan Stroke
23) How to Do the Corkscrew Stroke
24) How to Swim Feet First
25) How to Do Sculling
26) How to Dog Paddle
27) How to Do Triathlon Swimming Techniques
28) How to Swim Laps
29) Deadman Float aka Jellyfish Float
30) About Vadim Shoykhet & Gregory Feldman
Major UI overhaul. Added Conversions between long course and short course meters/yards. Changed theme.
Late update, various bug fixes and UI tweaks. Major UI overhaul and new features (swim conversions meter-yards and yards-meters in development).
**Version 4.0 includes a Stopwatch out to the thousandth of a second! .001! Now you can calculate time for a swimmer to go 100 yards and spread that out to a mile pace! See screenshots for more details.
Simple application to calculate your pace over a given distance. Just finished a race and want to know what your average split was per 50? Simply enter your race distance and total time and the app will do the rest for you!
App calculates pace, total time for at a pace, option to use built in stopwatch to record pace/total time and derive pace/total time respectively.
~Looking to stay in shape while on the road
~Lacking access to coached workouts
~Wanting to train on his/her own
SWIM WORKOUTS TO GO also provides a convenient pool locator for wherever your travels take you.
Why SWIM WORKOUTS TO GO?
Swimming is an excellent form of exercise that can be beneficial to people throughout their lives. To receive the full health and wellness benefits of swimming, it can be important to train different energy systems in a balanced way.
The SWIM WORKOUTS TO GO app posts new workouts to its site daily by 6 AM, (Eastern Standard Time) and offers both daily Freestyle and daily IM/Stroke practices. See the Workout Focus section for the days of these workouts. Written instructions are included under the Terminology page. The daily Freestyle workout is ideal for Triathlon/Open Water training.
How long are the SWIM WORKOUTS TO GO workouts?
Depending on the swimmer's ability, the workouts should take between 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Most workouts average 4000-5000 yards. Where is says between 1-4 round, this is the logical place where swimmers with less endurance or less time to spend in the water can limit the practice duration.
SWIM WORKOUTS TO GO is produced by Cambridge Masters Swim Club Head Coach, Abe Rogers and Harvard Women's Swimming and Diving Head Coach, Stephanie Morawski. Abe, a former Olympic Trials competitor in Triathlon, a collegiate varsity swimmer and a long time masters swimmer and coach, has 20 years of experience training athletes at all levels. In addition to coaching masters swimmings, Stephanie, a two-time Olympic Trials swimmer, has coached NCAA All Americans, Olympic Trials finalists, and Harvard to several Ivy League Championships. She collaborates with Abe on season planning and training ideas. Both coaches have a love for the sport and they want to share their workouts to promote swimming as a form of exercise at home or on the road.
Disclaimer: Before participating in any physical activity or if you are pregnant or returning from a pregnancy, illness or injury, please consult a doctor to make sure you are in good health before performing any type of exercise. SWIM WORKOUTS TO GO does not claim to improve your overall fitness or make you a faster swimmer; we are simply supplying workouts to individuals who want consistency in swim training provided by a a coach.
Muscle and joint flexibility helps you look better, feel better, perform better and avoid injury. Try these easy to follow programs after you exercise and your body will love you!
All stretches are Static Stretching techniques, which involve passively stretching a warm muscle to the point of mild discomfort and holding. Doctors recommend holding stretches anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds, so you can choose a Default Stretch Length in the My Settings section that works for you. You can also choose a Default Program so that when you open Stretch Guru, it will automatically launch your favorite set of stretches. You can also do this by hitting the Quick Start button. Voice prompts will guide you through your routine and if you prefer the vibrate mode, please mute your device.
The Top 6 Stretches takes you through the most important ones for your sport. These are the major muscles used and that often cause injury if not kept flexible. If you have just a few minutes, use this program after exertion. If you have a little more time, chose the Top 12 Stretches. If you’d like a more extensive program, choose the Top 18 Stretches. You can also create three Custom Programs in the Routines tab and rename them to suit your needs.
We have limited this program to the best 18 stretches for each sport to keep Stretch Guru simple and easy to complete. Stretch Guru gives you 3 seconds between sides and 5 seconds between stretch types to reposition. To learn how to perform the stretches correctly, please go to the Stretches section and click or swipe through the various screens. For most of the Stretch Guru editions, the stretches are mainly standing stretches, as we don’t always have access to a dry mat post exertion.
If you find this Stretch Guru app helpful, please go to the Apple App store or Android Market and search for Stretch Guru programs pertaining to other sports and disciplines. More information can be found at http://loriliving.com/stretch-guru/ and on Facebook at Stretch Guru.
Created by Lori Losch
Powered by FatDino.com
how to do the freestyle. There are a join of elements that go into having a nice freestyle stroke, also known as the front crawl. Initial you inaugurate off in a available position from the barricade to push off into a streamline position, which supports you glide and then kick into the stroke.How to swim After you do your streamline, you break into your freestyle stroke by performance a pull preliminary. The pull is you grip the water along your arm, your palm, and your fingers pointing down and you push the arm every the way straight through your hips. Then you have the resumption, the arm comes out of the water and enters. In freestyle the breathing is ended to the side. When you breath to the side, true half of your face commonly comes out of the water, you make your mind up a quick breath, and then as your arm recovers your face goes right back into the water. As you're swimming it's significant that you are exhaling in the water so you can swim obvious your lungs to obtain more breath. You can breathe every stroke, which midpoints to one side, or you can breathe to dual sides, which is called bilateral breathing. So here's an example. You're gonna take three pulls, one, 2, three, breathe to one side. One, two, three,how to swim breathe to the someone else side. Besides when we're doing the freestyle we utilize the flutter kick swim. The flutter kick is done from the hips with a tiny bend in the knee and the ankle should be nice and relaxed to aid you propel straight through the water. That's how we do the front crawl swim.
Swim.com brings all the functionality of a smart swim watch onto Pebble with the most advanced smartwatch swimming app yet. The Swim.com app automatically records distance swum, lap times, pace, strokes and other key metrics to provide important feedback about your swim, which can only be accessed by syncing your workouts to Swim.com with this app.
This app requires a Swim.com account and a Pebble smartwatch with the Swim.com app installed.
Create a Swim.com account at swim.com/sign-up and use it to login to the Swim.com Pebble Uploader app. Pair your Pebble smartwatch with your phone and click the Install Watch App button in the Swim.com Pebble Uploader to load the Swim.com app to your Pebble smartwatch. Open the Swim.com app on your Pebble and set the Pool Size using the Swim.com Pebble Uploader. Go for a swim with the Swim.com app running on your Pebble and your workouts will automatically sync to your Swim.com account when your Pebble and your phone are paired.
Effortlessly track your activity:
• Just carry your phone and get access to your walking, running and cycling activity.
Reach your fitness goals:
• Set goals based on either duration or steps and see your progress throughout the day.
• Receive performance-based recommendations for activity goals.
A comprehensive view of your fitness:
• Connect third party devices and apps to Fit and we’ll show you all of your fitness data in one place.
• Compatible with all Android Wear devices.
• Also access Google Fit on the web at http://www.google.com/fit and on your tablet.
Turn your mobile into a social sports computer with Sports Tracker for running, cycling, walking, hiking, mountain biking, skiing and all your sports activities. Track and analyze your performance, share workout data and photos with your friends, and most of all – get fit and stay healthier.
Sports Tracker for Android comes with powerful social features in addition to the award-winning tracking capabilities, making it the most feature-packed and professional sports tracker app:
• Track and analyze your performances, monitor your progress
• Store all training data in your personal workout diary
• Keep track of everything from calories burned to average training speed, running pace and altitude
• Use maps, time and distance calculators
• Get voice feedback during training
• Share running, cycling and other workouts and photos with other trackers on Sports Tracker, Facebook and Twitter
• See your friends' profiles and comment their workouts and photos
• Explore the globe to discover new routes, trails and adventures worldwide
HEART RATE MONITORING
Take your training to the next level with the Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor – available separately at http://www.sports-tracker.com/hrm
FREE ONLINE SERVICE AT WWW.SPORTS-TRACKER.COM
Automatic backup of your workouts, detailed maps and analysis views, friends' workouts and lots more – together with the full-featured online service the Sports Tracker is the most powerful social sports tracking solution available for Android. Join the growing global Sports Tracker community and have fun getting fit!
If you struggle with any part of your stroke from swallowing water to low sinky legs to developing your catch, then this insightful tool will be invaluable to you.
- 8 viewing angles including directly overhead and underneath
- Slow motion, pause and frame by frame forward/rewind*
- Remove the water from view for extra clarity
- Control of swimming speed (strokes per minute)
- Synchronised views across all angles (so you can pause and see that same position from any angle)
- Two fundamentally different but efficient styles of stroke, select the one that best suits you as an individual
* Hold your finger on the screen to bring up the jog wheel and rotate it to speed up or slow down the animations. Or when paused, rotate the jog wheel to forward and rewind frame by frame
This extensive app also includes three full articles on using the animations to improve your technique and a full comparison of the two stroke styles on view - 'The Swinger' and 'The Smooth'. Find out why each one is a great stroke technique and how to make it work best for you.
About Swim Smooth:
Swim Smooth is an innovative coaching company focusing on improving your individual stroke technique based on your height, build, gender and swimming experience.
We have coaching bases in Australia and the UK, and in 2011 we were selected by British Triathlon to write their swimming coaching curriculum. All triathlon coaches in the UK now follow our swim coaching methods.
Find out more about us at http://www.swimsmooth.com
If you would like to become a beta tester for the newest versions of Simple Workout Log, join the Simple Workout Log Beta community at https://plus.google.com/communities/106652118176335449675!
View the Simple Workout Log companion site at http://www.simpleworkoutlog.com
PRO Key is now available on Play Store!
If you are looking for a fast, efficient workout tracker designed to work great for both weight lifting and cardio exercises, this is it! Simple Workout Log automatically logs the current date and time each time you start an exercise so you can compare your current exercise to the last time you completed it at just a glance so you can push to improve your results each workout.
Past exercises may be searched for, viewed, edited, and deleted using the History function.
Simple Workout Log was designed for the sole purpose of eliminating the need for paper workout journals in hopes of making life easier while at the gym.
To eliminate ads, check out the PRO Key available on the Play Store!
Thank you everyone for your constructive feedback! Your positive comments keep the FREE updates coming!
- Swimming is one of best workouts exercise for your body. Beside, know how to swim will be very useful in some accidental situation (e.g. rescue drowning victim or survive when in a sink ship). Swimming is also a popular sport in the world, includes racing swimming or synchronized swimming competition...
- This is a comprehensive guide to start learning swim. Lessons are simple, step-by-step, and illustrate many single technique and strokes. With slow motion animation illustration, you can easily practice the swimming exercise by yourself.
- 10 Freestyle Swimming Technique Tips to Improve your Stroke
- How To Teach Yourself To Swim
- 13 Tips To Learn Better And Faster
- Overcoming Fear of Water and Swimming