A list of all tools:
-Angles in Regular Polygons
-Length of an Arc
-Missing Angle Finder
-Trigonometry (Coming Soon)
-Area of a Parallelogram
-Area/Perimeter of a Kite
-Area/Perimeter of a Rectangle
-Area/Perimeter of a Rhombus (Coming Soon)
-Area/Perimeter of a Square (Coming Soon)
-Area/Perimeter of a Trapezoid (Coming Soon)
-Diagonals of a Rectangle (Coming Soon)
-Diagonals of a Square (Coming Soon)
-Median of a Trapezoid (Coming Soon)
-Area of a Regular Hexagon (Coming Soon)
-Area of a Regular Octagon (Coming Soon)
-Area of a Regular Pentagon (Coming Soon)
-Volume of a Cone
-Volume/Surface Area of a Cuboid
-Volume of a Cylinder
-Volume of a Sphere
-Volume of a Square-based Pyramid
If you UPGRADE to pro version:
You can save the measurement data and then email it.
Pro version is ad free.
How To Use Protractor (see attached pictures)
Step 1: An angle has two rays. Put the phone on the first ray, press the "START MEASURE" button. The displayed angle value is reset to 0.
Step 2: Locate the second ray, and put the phone on it. The measured angle will be displayed in the unit of degrees. Assuming that in step 1 the phone is in a plane, in step 2, make sure that the phone is either in the same plane or in a parallel plane.
How To Use Angle Gauge (see attached picture)
Go to setting page and enable angle gauge. Put the phone on the surface to be measured. The displayed angle value is the angle from the measured surface to the ground level.
For both protractor and angle gauge, calibration makes measurement more accurate.
1. When measuring angles in a horizontal plane, with magnetic sensor used, metal objects nearby can cause measurement inaccurate.
2. The shape matters. Phones with round edge or uneven bottom could generate less accurate results.
2. Two moveable protractor hands
3. Camera mode to measure angles in camera
4. Optionally display degree in pitch/percentage/focal-length
5. Support both phones and tablets.
6. (New) Picture mode to load an existing picture to the app to measure the angle in this picture
7. (New) Support displaying the angle in focal length which is useful for photographer to decide what lens to bring for a particular location. If you are interested in this tool, you may also be interested in Photographer's Field Tools at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yingwen.photographertools. It basically expand this focal length feature to include a lot more other features that will benefit photographers and travelers.
1. Internet access is for crash report
The height of a object can be determine by estimating the distance to the object (or by determining the distance to the object on a map by simply touching the map) and pointing the viewfinder at the bottom of the target and then the top of the target.
The distance to an object can be determine in several ways: by estimating the height of the object, by triangulation from two points, or by pointing to the object on a map.
The power of our application is that the information can not only be shared with various social sites such as Facebook, e-mailed to others, but also synchronized to a website we allow you to create so others can see your work. Through the website, the data can be viewed in real time by friends, family and/or colleagues. The synchronization also serves as a way to back up your data should your phone or tablet malfunction in the field. If you do not have web access, the application will collect the data and store it until a web connection is established. Once the data has been uploaded, you can edit the data, create reports and/or maps, and download the data or reports to spreadsheets and other documents. Once your surveying or measuring is completed, you can automatically create a powerpoint or video of your work. Try it, it is free. You can also access the data via our website at www.majorforms.com.
Wall angle: Use an angle finder on the wall to find out the exact angle required for the cut.
Spring angle: Spring angles ( tilt at which the crown sits on the wall ) is usually 38, 45, 52 degrees.
Translate the results to your miter saw.
Happy cutting and remember to cut safely!
Email me with any questions/ suggestions
- Horizontal and vertical Levels.
- Calibration (independent Levels) for maximum accuracy.
- Calibration (both Rulers) for maximum accuracy.
- Digital angle indicators.
- Includes 2 Rulers: inches and centimeters (for checking the size of nails, bolts, screws or drill bits; measuring the thickness of lumber; and many more...)
It combines four most important angle measuring modes in one app, which is Touch Measure On Screen, Touch Measure with Camera, Plumb Measure On Screen and Plumb Measure With Camera. Each measuring mode operates differently to cater for your needs in measures the angle of different types of object from small object to huge object and even objects far away such as buildings.
ON Protractor is very easy to use, as described below. You can also switch the protractor measurement unit between degree and radian by just a click.
With ON Protractor, now you always bring an angle measuring pack with you as in your smart phone.
Measuring Mode 1: TOUCH MEASURE ON SCREEN
Place measured object on the screen and move the two line limiters to aligned with object's boundaries. This measuring mode normally used for small object in the range of screen size (Refer preview image 1)
Measuring Mode 2: TOUCH MEASURE WITH CAMERA
Aim the camera at the target object, at the same time move the two line limiters to aligned with the object's boundaries. This measuring mode normally used to measures large object. (Refer preview image 2)
Measuring Mode 3: PLUMB MEASURE ON SCREEN
Rotate the orientation of device in clockwise or counter-clockwise direction until the plumb line and protractor center line aligned with the boundaries edge of measured object. This measuring mode normally used to measures stationary and object larger than screen size. (Refer preview image 3)
Measuring Mode 4: PLUMB MEASURE WITH CAMERA
Aim the camera at the target object and rotate the orientation of device in clockwise or counter-clockwise direction until the plumb line and protractor center line aligned with the boundaries edge of target object. Press 'Lock' to fix the screen and take the measurement reading. This measuring mode normally used to measures the slope of huge object. (Refer preview image 4)
For more details information about how to use this measuring tool, please refer User Guide in this app.
★ 4 Angle Measuring Modes
★ 2 measurement unit: Degree and radian
★ Display device verticality/tilt angle in plumb mode
★ Lock/Unlock screen
★ Customizable theme, line color, text color and text size
★ Simple & smart user interface design, HD image
★ Keep screen awake
ON Protractor is a free protractor set with a lot of useful features lets you measure angle of anything easily and accurately in different situation. We hope this protractor set is useful to you in angle measurement. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
Protractor app supports three modes.
1) Screen Mode
- It is used when you put on the screen a small object, and measure the angle.
2) Camera mode
- In camera mode, which is useful if you want to measure the angle of the large object.
3) Level Mode
- This is useful when you want to measure the slope of things.
- When placing the frame on the wall, on construction sites is useful to measure the slope.
Protractor Has multiple functions as shown below.
- Adjust the protractor and text color
- Support multi-touch mode
- Select units
Each tool is easily accessible at the tap of your fingers. No complicated menus, no switching between windows - everything is right there, on a single screen.
- Spirit Level - to measure alignment accurately
- Surface Level - for flat surfaces
- Protractor - measure the angle by moving the pin
- Caliper - when you need precise measurements of small objects
This utility helps you solve this problem by graphically showing you the current position of the Polaris. The application tracks and draws the position of the Polaris (or Octant) in real-time and also displays its hour-angle, the local sideral time, current local time and the longitude of the place. The longitude can be entered manually or obtained using the built-in GPS. The view on the display can be mirrored to match the view in your polar finder scope. Key features are as follows:
• Northern, southern hemispheres
• Naked eye, telescopic view
• Customizable marker angle
• Support for Ioptron eyepiece reticle
• Night vision mode
• Enter longitude of your place manually or via built-in GPS
You can calculate level, slope, incline, gradient and angle.
It is easy to use.
After shouting photo you can measure the angle of the target.
Move to set three red points to target. Make sure put green fan shape inside of the angle.
Photos are stored on the SD card in /DCIM/ProtractorFolder/ folder.
You can also see "ProtractorFolder" folder on your basic gallery app.
Just align the feature of interest with the reticle, then press the lock to keep the reading still.
Clicking on the camera icon you can switch between cameras or disable the camera.
Beware of perspective when measuring horizontal lines, try to be in the perpendicular of the segment you want to measure.
It also works as a traditional inclinometer.
- Zoomable view
- Contrast selection for light and dark ambiences
- Displays the angle to the vertical and in the x-y plane
Hope you enjoy it!
Uses internet permission to show adMob ads.
More from developer
Support for more devices and additional sensor filters coming soon! Support the developer and buy Angle Finder Pro!
From the reviews and responses from users it looks like for the devices it works on, people love it! If AngleFinder doesn't work on your device, please contact me with your hardware information. I am working to add more devices as I get my hands on the hardware necessary to test on.