Your Motherboard / Ethernet-Card need to be compatible with the wake on lan protocol (most are) and you have to enable the features in your BIOS settings and your operating system.
This App MAY work over the Internet but theres no guarantee.
This App contains an App-Widget.
You need a WLAN-Router, PC/Notebook, an ethernet crossover cable and an Android Device (of course).
* Connect your PC and your router with the crossover cable.
* Your router must allow UDP Broadcast packages to be send.
* Enable WOL in BIOS and your Operating System.
* The get the IP-Address (and in some cases the port for WOL) of your PC.
* Connect your Android Device with your WLAN-Router and enter the IP-Address (and the port if needed).
* Click on the Hostname of the PC you want to wake up.
****MOST PC'S WON'T WORK IF THEY ARE NOT IN STANDBY OR SIMILAR STATE****
To add your devices, just run the integrated networkscanner.
It will save all computers with Hostname, IP-Adresse and MAC-Address.
Features in v1.4.8:
✓ Networkscanner to add new devices automatically
✓ Tasker / Locale-Plugin to automate wakeup of devices
✓ WAN-support to wake devices over internet (Please disable Broadcast in the expertsettings)
✓ Widget to start your computer right from your homescreen
✓ Online-status of your managed computers
✓ Manageable in groups
● "Wake on Lan" uses the WOL-Standard to wake up devices.
In order to use it, WOL must be enabled on each computer.
In order to wake devices over Internet, you have to configure adequate port-forwardings on your router.
● The networkscanner scans for all devices, which are currently online.
● Because of certain circumstances (like special network-topologies),
the networkscanner may find wrong MAC-Addresses.
If the wake-process fails, please check for a correct MAC-Address.
● Please search the web for more information about configuration.
There are several tutorials available.
● The online-status of a computer may be wrong because of several issues
like installed firewalls.
1) Your computer must support Wake-on-LAN. You can enable it in the BIOS.
2) To wake over internet, you must forward packets from any port you want to the computer you wish to wake.
A widget is now available to wake your device from the Home screen.
Material design and Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support.
The WakeOnLan application enables you to wake up a computer on the local network (Wake on LAN), but also any computer on the internet (Wake on WAN) simply using your phone.
Wake on LAN is not available on all network cards but the most recent ones are often compatible. To take the most of this technology you might have to change some settings on your router or computer. For more information you will find many tutorials on Google.
* For this app to work, you need to make sure that your computer and network is set up for and supports Wake On Lan / WOL *
Automate waking up your computers by sending an intent broadcast from apps such as Llama and Tasker!
In the latest version there is now support for Tasker plugins to make it even easier to automatically wake devices.
Instructions on how to do this are available in the latest version of the app under the help section.
Quick Feature List
* Network Search (Find devices on your network and add them to your list. No more finding out MAC addresses etc!)
* One touch wakeup widget for both devices and groups (A widget with online status is coming soon)
* Tasker plugin
* Intent Broadcast support (See instructions inside app help section for details on this)
* CSV Import/Export - So you can share your list of devices easily!
* Material Design (Taking suggestions on this!)
* Auto-Refreshing device online status
* Supports Wake On Lan(WoL) and Wake On Wan(WoW)
For WoW, just set the broadcast address to be the remote IP address of the device. This may require some extra setup on the remote network to make sure that the wakeup packets actually arrive on the remote device.
If you're trying to wake up a device that is connected via WiFi it may not work, there's not many WiFi cards that support the WOL standard. WOL works best via an ethernet connection. Some devices such as laptops may not support WOL very well or at all. Some might only work when they are in sleep mode, and others might allow you to turn it on when it is powered off.
Photos/Media/Files/USB Storage - This is used for reading/writing CSV files to your internal storage so that you can copy your list of devices to other devices easily.
Network/WiFi - This is so that the app can actually send the magic packets to wake up your devices. It is also used in the network search screen and for pinging devices to see if they are online.
If you have any suggestions for Wake On Lan, please drop me an email and I'll see what I can do!
With WOLdroid you can send Wake On LAN (WOL) Packets to a Computer via WLAN. You can add and remove PCs (only MAC Address and Name nedded, no IP Address) to a list and start them by clicking on a button.
With status indicator (on / off)
(works only in WLAN)
Then you will love this app.
● Type in the Mac und and the Broadcast of your computer and start him.
● If you don't know the Mac or Broadcast, you can scan your network for suitable devices.
● Save your devices in a favorites list.
● Wake up your computer through the internet (you should configure broadcast forwarding in your router)
● All inputs were checked (e.g. if mac input matches the correct format)
- regular WOL
- automatic WOL upon obtaining Wi-Fi connection
- quiet-hours (period during which automatic WOL will be suppressed)
- idle-time (period from last Wi-Fi disconnect during which automatic WOL will be suppresed)
- auto SSID discovery
- FQDN WOL broadcast support
- Auto-WOL notifications
- WOL widget shortcut
App is released under GPLv3 on github:
If you find any bugs, please contact me, so I could fix it. Hope you enjoy the app! :)
Keywords: auto, automatic, wol, wake on lan, wake-on-lan
With WOL-Manager you can also add several devices to one group and wake them all together. The 'Instant-Wake' feature powers-on the specific devices instantly after you started the app, which is useful in case you always want to wake up the same devices or groups over and over again. WOL-Manager works with IP- and broadcast addresses, as well as with domain names such as DynDns.
Pre-condition is that your devices support Wake-On-LAN and that it is setup correctly within your local network. Also check your router settings if you want to use it with dynamic domain names from anywhere in the world.
It has to be allowed to wake up the computer by the network (by magic packet).
If you like this app, don't forget to rate it!
This app offers you to manage all the hosts you want to wake with WOL.
Tip: wake up your mediacenter pc with this app!
For more information on WOL and instructions take a look at:
The application have also widget where you can on one click wake your computer.
WOL Magic packets widget support groups of devices. User can specify group of devices and wakup them by one click to widget.
Our WOL Magic packets widget support also domain names.
Toggle Broadcast (Sends on broadcast address),
Specify IP address, you can take if also from domain
Supports Wake on LAN and Wake on WAN also
Multiple locale supported
For some operator,it can happen that the WOL not works over 3G, cause it is blocked by operator.
Sitting at your kitchen table wanting to listen to some tunes and realize that your music server is fast asleep?
Whatever the reason for needing to wake up a sleeping computer, this is the app for you! This app allows you to send magic packets (wake on LAN packets) to sleeping computers to let them know it's time to wake up!
You can save multiple computers (or other internet connected devices) as targets, so they can be awoken with minimal movement - just a single press!
Shortcuts can even be created on your home screen for specific computers, allowing you to wake up your computers without looking away from that beautiful weather widget!
This app requires that wake on LAN is enabled for your device.
It uses a Cards UI and is Holo themed, so it fits perfectly with Android 4+.
For those asking for Tasker integration: This can be accomplished with the use of AutoShortcut, a Tasker plugin. Just install it and select Wake On Lan ICS+, then setup your shortcut.
If you use this app, please leave honest feedback in the form of a review! If you have issues with the app, please contact me first via email, and I will try to help you resolve the issue.
Works with an IP address or Fully Qualified Domain Name and even local Domain names as long as DNS can do a lookup.
** This version is the same as https://market.android.com/details?id=com.depicus.wakeonlan but is advert supported
Full information about Wake On Lan can be found at http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/welcome.aspx
NB: Wake On Lan and Wake On Wan will not work to wake up a computer using only wifi although you can use this application to wake up machines if you are connected to wifi or 3g. Also note that some Mobile Operators block UDP over their networks, try using a higher port number e.g. 4343