• No internet connection required
• Greek To English
• English To Greek
• Search From Web
• Search by Sharing
• Auto Suggestion
• Pronounce & Voice Search
• Antonyms (Opposite words)
• Backup and Restore
• History & Study Plan
• Word Game
• Share Words
• Copy Words
Αγγλο-Ελληνικό Λεξικό offline
* Over 50.000 words
* Πάνω από 50.000 λέξεις
* Works offline! No Internet connection needed, the perfect translator for your trips, your studies, or when no data connection is available.
* Δεν χρειάζεται σύνδεση στο Internet!
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Greek (if available) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Ακούστε στην σωστή προφορά
* No Greek keyboard needed! you can write Greek words using both Greek and Latin characters
This version is supported by ads. If you like the application, please consider upgrading to the ad-free version to support the development. Thanks :)
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
- How can I change the speech language?
Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* Greek (if installed)
* American English
* British English
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
BitKnights makes quality apps for people who love or use languages. That's why we have been developing this app for 5 years now, and will continue to do so in the future. Our Greek English Dictionary & Translator is an easy to use, lightning fast, user friendly dictionary with a huge database. Lightning fast translates from english to greek and greek to english.
- Voice pronunciation and input
- More than 29,000 translation pairs
- Quick search while typing (accentuation independent)
- Detailed view of the chosen word with phrases and synonyms
- Word-tap: you can tap on any word in the detailed view, to find its translations (Only in PRO version!)
- Speech in detailed view: clicking on any word will pronounce you the selected word or phrase
- Copy in detailed view: long tapping on any word will copy the word or phrase (Only in PRO version!)
- Integrated Google/Bing Translate (Internet connection is required!)
- Integrated Wiki search (Internet connection is required!)
- History & Favorites
- Moon Reader and FBReader translate support (Only in PRO version!)
- Translate by Share functionality: translate easily by sharing words with the dictionary from other apps. (Only in PRO version!)
- Translate from Clipboard notification bar: translate easily by enabling notification bar copying text to the clipboard and tapping on the notification bar. (Only in PRO version!)
If you like our app, please review it.
The Greek New Testament app is a Bible Study app that gives you a modern critical edition of the Greek New Testament, the Society of Biblical Literature Greek New Testament (SBLGNT), for free. This Greek New Testament reader app comes with:
-beautiful display (SBL Greek font, accents, breathing marks, and iota subscripts)
-complex search capabilities
-the critical apparatus of the SBLGNT
-complete morphology with parsing and lemmatization (**available for in-app purchase**)
This app is great for seminary and university students, pastors, or anyone else wanting to use and/or improve their Biblical Greek.
THE GREEK TEXT
The SBLGNT, edited by Michael W. Holmes and published jointly by the Society of Biblical Literature and Logos Bible Software, is a modern critical edition of the Greek New Testament, based primarily on four previous editions of the Greek text of the New Testament: Wescott-Hort, Tregelles, NIV, and Robinson-Pierpont. The text of the SBLGNT differs from the Nestle-Aland/United Bible Societies text in more than 540 variation units.
The Greek text of the Greek New Testament app is beautiful and easy-to-read in the SBL Greek font. The text is displayed with all of the appropriate accents, breathing marks, and iota subscripts, as well as the paragraphing and layout of the printed edition. You are free to adjust the size of the text, the left/right margins and the line-spacing for more comfortable reading.
You can find any passage quickly by selecting the desired book, chapter and verse.
SIMPLE AND COMPLEX SEARCHES
You can easily conduct one-word searches without typing any Greek, or you can use our elegant, yet powerful, search syntax to gain more control over the search, searching for virtually any combination of Greek words. With the addition of the Greek morphology (in-app purchase), you can search by lemma (dictionary form) instead of the surface form of the text.
You can see the variants from the critical apparatus of the SBLGNT simply by touching the text-critical symbols.
MORPHOLOGY **AVAILABLE FOR IN-APP PURCHASE**
You can touch any word in the text to see the lemma and parsing information for that Greek word. This is a great Bible study tool for those wanting to read the New Testament in Greek or brush up on their Greek skills.
You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with neurons and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by reading and playing games!
Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, Today's Holiday, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
Μπορείτε να αποθηκεύσετε τη βάση δεδομένων στη συσκευή του χρήστη, για την ελεύθερη διάδοση της Αγίας Γραφής σε άλλους μια βολική βάση δεδομένων SQLite αρχείο.
Από τα ωραία χαρακτηριστικά - απλό και εύκολο στην πλοήγηση.
Επίσης, έχετε τη δυνατότητα να αποθηκεύσετε σε ένα αρχείο κειμένου, και ένα βιβλίο από ένα κεφάλαιο.
Κεφάλαιο παραλείψετε πίσω και εμπρός με το δάχτυλό σας.
Αύξηση και μείωση του μεγέθους της γραμματοσειράς.
Ειρήνη είναι μαζί σας, αδελφοί και αδελφές!
Ο Θεός να είναι μαζί σου Κύριε!
I want to thank the wonderful people -Lynn Moore and lulu Couture (Maria) - who really helped me in the making of this concordance - a huge thanks to them!
It's almost "Strong's Exhaustive Bible Concordance", I made my own search by the Bible ( it supports search by several words)
Here you will find:
Alphabet index of all words from the Bible (total in app 12839) ("the, and, of" are excluded - don't use them in search query)
Bible Concordance - also you can search by several biblical words using space between them
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries with information from Hebrew and Greek Lexicons. Use numbers in search query to find them. Excluded some Greek words which not used in the Bible - G1400, G1418, G2717, G3203-G3302, G4452 and G5104
Strong's Concordance- the concordance you find below information of the Strong's number
All bible verses in concordance with clickable strongs numbers!
I hope this app will be your perfect companion in the study of the Bible!
Also I hope you will not have to carry a heavy book and spend much time on the search.
You need about 18Mb on your phone and about 47Mb on your SD card.
If you want to see concordance of another bible version or may be another language (without strong's numbers and concordance) - please let me know.
If you are annoyed about ads - try paid version "Bible & Strongs Concordance" which you find in my apps.
Feel free to contact me if you want to improve or have any problems with this app.
Also join Bible lexicon community on google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104475940864223988052
For help see http://biblelexicon.net/help
• Lexicon search
• Concordance search
• Bible text (multiple Bible texts can be paralleled side by side)
• Passage translator (Translate selected passage from original text)
• Vocabulary creator (Create and print vocabulary for selected passage)
• Exegetical study tool (helps you get inside the text)
• Bookmarks, Notes
• Searching by Greek/Hebrew characters, strong numbers, transliteration
• Clickable words (dialog box with further study options)
• Concordance, Bible text, Vocabulary exports
• Night mode
• Phone & Tablet layout
• Google+, Facebook, Twitter share
• Free, no ads
• And some other features…
Please, rate only application features, implementation, design, user-friendliness and so on. If application force closes rather write me an email or report the problem so I can make update fixing this. This way is much helpful.
- Arabic: Arabic Bible
- Chinese: Chinese Union Version Simplified, Chinese Union Version Traditional
- Czech: Bible 21, Bible kralická, Český ekumenický překlad, Český studijní překlad, Svaté Písmo - Překlad nového světa 1997
- Dutch: Statenvertaling
- English: American standard version, Bible in Basic English, Geneva Bible, King James Version, World English Bible, Young's Literal Translation
- French: French Darby Translation, French Louis Segond, La Sainte Bible
- German: Elberfelder 1905, Luther Bible
- Greek: Byzantine NT, Nestle 1904 Greek New Testament, SBL Greek New Testament, Septuagint, Textus Receptus, Westcott-Hort
- Hebrew: Aleppo Codex, Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Westminster Leningrad Codex
- Indonesian: Terjemahan Baru
- Italian: Italian Diodati Bibbia
- Japanese: Japan Bible
- Korean: Korean ASV
- Latin: Latin Vulgate
- Polish: Biblia gdańska
- Portuguese: Almeida Revista e Corrigida
- Romanian: Dumitru Cornilescu
- Russian: Russian Synodal Bible
- Slovak: Slovenský ekumenický preklad
- Spanish: Reina-Valera, Sagradas Escrituras
- Swahili: Biblia Takatifu
- Swedish: Svenska 1917 års bibelöversättning
- Syriac: The Syriac New Testament (Peshitta)
- Tamil: Tamil BSI, Tamil WBTC
- Turkish: Turkish Bible
- Vietnamese: Vietnamese Bible
- Greek: Abridged Greek - Czech, Bartoň Uvedení do Novozákonní Řečtiny, Mounce The Basics of Biblical Greek, Strongs greek, Thayer's NT Greek Lexicon, Tichý greek
- Hebrew: Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew lexicon, Hebrew lexicon, Strongs hebrew, Weingreen hebrew
- Latin: Latin lexicon
Nestle-Aland 26th edition.
* Note: The installation size of the application is 1.2 MB
--- IMPORTANT ---
Verse numbers are on the right side of the screen.
The color of verse numbers is slightly brighter than verse text.
If you have problem with notice verse numbers, please contact us via mail.
The application comprises:
- Daily and nightly mode for reading
- Adjust the text size
- Bookmark favorite verses
- Mark favorite verses with specific color and add notes
- Viewing of user markers and favourites.
✔ Over 130K Greek words & phrases
✔ Example sentences
✔ Audio pronunciation
✔ Spelling suggestions
✔ Search history record
✔ Fastest search speed
✔ Flexible search (by Greek or English)
✔ Share learning progress via social networks
If you're looking for the unabridged LSJ, the "Great Scott," then this is it.
1) 116,214 full entries vs. 36,493 in the "Middle Liddell"
2) full-text search, not just by head-word
3) Integrated Greek keyboard
4) Fully off-line after a license check happens on first start-up
Please contact me about any bugs or suggestions!
***This is a fully functional trial!***
Designed for learners of both Greek and English, it provides a wealth of information about both languages. The Collins Greek Dictionary is invaluable for work, home, or office use.
Collins Greek-English Dictionary
• Compiled and illustrated by thousands of real-language examples from a corpus of modern Greek.
• The most frequent Greek words are covered in depth and usage notes are given throughout the text.
• In-depth coverage of the most important Greek words.
Collins English-Greek Dictionary
• Accurate translations and in-depth treatment of the most frequently used words in English help guide learners to the most appropriate translation.
• Clear layout ensures that the learner finds the information they need quickly and easily.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Lexicon uses Wiktionary to look up words. The very first time you access a word you need to have internet connection. Lexicon saves the word in an internal database so you don't have to access the web on any subsequent call to the same word. Having said that, the only permission Lexicon asks from your device is internet connection.
Lexicon prefers to be installed in an external SD card (if you have any, otherwise it installs in your device's main memory).
Lexicon is tested and works with the following applications:
Maxthon Mobile Browser
It might work for other devices too, but I can't gurantee it since I've noticed that some of them send specialised content with the selected text.
If you want to see Lexicon work for other applications (not listed above) or for any questions/suggestions/bugs please contact me.
* UI Theme selection
* Font selection
* Font size selection
* Chapter selection through menu or buttons
* Memory of the last chapter visited per book
* Save settings
* No advertisements
Using the "Save Settings" feature, you save also the last Chapters of all books of the New Testament you opened.