One touch SD card update!
No unnecessary GUI. No unnecessary advertisements. (:
If your Gallery does not automatically update after adding media to the SD card, then you must download Rescan SD.
Place a shortcut of the app on your home screen to rescan and update the SD card with just one touch.
If you find an issue, do contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
In Android 4.4 KitKat, the method used by most older programs to rescan a storage medium no longer works. Instead, an interface must be used that only allows one file to be specified at a time. This app works by determining what files/folders might need to be scanned again, and then by calling the correct API on each file/folder.
This app is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later, with source code available at http://github.com/jerickson314/sdscanner
SD Scanner can be used with Tasker by using the "Send Intent" action listed under "System."
Use the following settings, leaving the ones I don't list at the default:
If anyone wants to write a proper Tasker plugin, I'll happily take a Pull Request on Github.
Additional contributions from the following:
- Czech translation: Jaroslav Lichtblau
- Chinese translation: Laurence Chiu
- Russian translation: Github user "relan"
- UI tweaks: relan
It only calls the android media scanner.
There is an auto quit preference.
This allows the app to quit after it is done with it's work.
If auto quit is on, the app will open and quit in less than 1 seconds.
It uses no permissions at all!!!
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
Your SD-card is collecting files and directories you don't recognize.
Lets not go on here...
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD Maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy :-)!
Give it a try, you won't find a more thorough cleaning tool!
Choose a tab, press start and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It's just that easy.
There are various features available:
* Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
* You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
* The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
* AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
* The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
* You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
* View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
* Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
A few additional features as well as comfort and convenience functions can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker (SD Maid Pro).
SD Maid is constantly being developed and designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of Android devices SD Maid might not work perfectly on your device, in that case I would appreciate it if you give me a chance to fix it by contacting me.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (email@example.com). I usually respond quite quickly and will happily help you out.
Obtaining SD Maid from unofficial sources puts your device at risk.
A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers @ http://sdmaid.darken.eu/beta who helped me improve SD Maid v3.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers @ http://sdmaid.darken.eu/translation that made SD Maid accessible to non english speaking users by translating it.
An unfinished help document is avaiable here:
Disable and Kill the media scanner at boot.
Scan Media Files on demand.
Save Boot Time/Time Till Use by up-to 20-30 secs.
NEEDS USB DEBUGGING TO BE ON.
100% works on all Android Devices!
It can scan The internal sdcard and external sdcard on demand.
It uses no permissions at all!
I've worked VERY hard on this release.
Please email me if you have any questions.
If you need help in rooting your device, contact me.
I might be able to help you.
If this app has helped you in any way possible or has saved you from throwing your phone at a wall waiting for it to scan files, you could consider a making a donation to me since the Android market does not allow me to sell apps from India.
You can donate at the website link below in the xda page or at this page.
Enjoy the app!
Some of the great features:
★ Fast scanning in background (you can close the app till it finishes scanning)
★ Files categorization
★ Files preview
★ Largest files on the top of the list
★ And more ...
SDCard is a shared place where applications can save their data. It's often full of big files that are not needed anymore. Please be careful, deleted files can't be restored. Your phone can have more than one SD Card (some new phones have internal and also external SDCards).
This app can be used as:
Memory cleaner, SD card cleaner, large files finder, big files finder, storage optimizer, storage cleaner.
If you have any comments or suggestions please let us know :)
Please note that internet connection is needed only for the ads.
Android 4.4 KitKat removes your ability to write files to the MicroSD card (on phones/tablets that have both internal memory and user-installed MicroSD cards). NextApp SDFix restores this ability by modifying a configuration file. As this app changes a system configuration file, it requires root access.
WARNING! PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
* THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE APP.
* This app is used to change a device configuration file.
* Please read this entire app listing for a description of exactly what this app does to determine if it is appropriate for your device and/or custom ROM.
* This app is designed to solve a specific problem. If you don't have that problem, don't install this app.
* This app is only useful on devices that have a user-installed MicroSD card. If you have a Google Nexus device or other device without a MicroSD card that you physically installed yourself, then this app isn't going to be helpful.
* This app is likely only useful if you have a stock ROM. If you're running an aftermarket ROM like Cyanogenmod, then there is no reason to install this app (good aftermarket ROMs don't suffer from the problem that this app corrects).
* NO WARRANTY: as is generally the case with all root modifications, you assume all risk by using this software.
* As with any root modification, ensure you have the knowledge to fully restore your device to stock if required.
[ About MicroSD Cards in Android 4.4 / KitKat ]
When Google released Android 4.4, they specified that applications you download can no longer write to user-installed MicroSD cards. Apps can still write to internal flash storage. Some devices (like Google Nexus devices) only have internal storage, and are unaffected. Other devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy and Note devices) have the ability to expand their storage space by installing a MicroSD card. When KitKat is installed on such devices, apps are limited to only being able to manipulate files on the built-in storage, with write-access to the MicroSD card being restricted.
This change represents a removal of functionality compared with Android 4.3. 4.3 allowed apps to write to the MicroSD card, as did prior versions.
The limitation introduced in KitKat does not affect the capabilities of preinstalled apps, only apps you choose to install. Apps preinstalled by Google, your device manufacturer, and your carrier still have this ability. Only apps that you choose to install are restricted.
[ Technical Details ]
NextApp SDFix will modify the configuration file located at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml to allow apps to write to the MicroSD card. Specifically, SDFix will add the Android UNIX group "media_rw" to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission's configuration. This will enable apps (only those that you granted write access permissions to when you installed them) to write files to the MicroSD card. On many devices, this is effectively reverting the state of this permission back to the way it was configured in Android 4.3. This modification is carried out by modifying the existing XML file, rather than replacing it.
A backup of the original configuration file will be saved at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml.original-pre-sdfix (provided one does not already exist). Reverting this modification can be accomplished by using a root -enabled file manager to replace the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file with the backed up version.
[ Additional Information ]
This app is free and has no advertisements (with the exception of links to other NextApp apps when it completes its task).
--- Please do not contact me with requests for information on how to obtain root access on your device. The process is different for every device, and often requires technical expertise to install. ---
This an small utility app to fix write access error in Internal SdCard. This problem occurs in KitKat firmwares mainly on restoring nandroid backup. Consequences is, files won't get saved in int- sdcard.
To fix this, just tap on Fix me button in the app. This will restore the functionality of sdcard back to normal. If you still couldn't fix the error, tap on Download button to download an additional file fixer. You will be notified once the download is finished. All this process is automatic, so you don't need to manually manage the downloaded file.
* You can scan on internal storage and external strage(sd card).
* You can choose quick scan(only selected directories) or full scan(all directories).
* You can open "Media Storage" app info view easily.
* It work correctly on android 4.4(Kitkat), android5.0(Lolipop)
Have you ever copied music or other media onto your phone only to find that you cannot play it? Scan Media runs the MediaScanner Service so that new media will be known to Android’s MediaStore - where apps can then find and play it.
Scan Media launches a scan of "external storage" - typically your sdcard.
You can also benchmark sd card writing and reading speeds.
You can also submit results and information to internet. In future there will be results. (As soon I got enough results).
Please write to me sreenshot if there are some problems.
Does not shows Card Info On Galaxy S, but you can check speed of external sd Card.
Please write to me, if you got suggestions, or problem report. I can not reply you to comment. And I can't fix problems if I got no feedback. If SD Tools can not test external card, please let me know.
You can view results of over 150000 results sampled over time. Choose in menu (Results).
- Doesn't show sd card info on some phones.
- Does not work with some Motorola phones. (Don't download)
Advanced path for: (path is case sensitive)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2: /mnt/extSdCard
Samsung Galaxy S 3: /mnt/extSdCard
* User can select where to write the test file.
* User can define the size of the test file.
Application will write a test file and read it back testing it's content.
It will test the speed and the storage capacity. Useful to check for a damaged or fake card.
Some cards claim to be 32 GB but are in fact less. These cards are fake. Use this app to find out if yours is a fake one or not. Just set the test file size to the max size available and start the test.
Read the instructions at the beginning.
For anyone who is facing any of such difficulty with your android smart phone or device or it is a long while since you neither updated nor repaired after that it don’t wait much more, download this perfect means to fix repair android system and be able to do it.
Is your android phone is hanging and so frequently? Do you find some sudden de-activate of apps? Can be your mobile phone continues switching off while using the?
Like most new android users you downloaded lots of apps, you eventually seated your smartphone / tablet and set up powerful apps plus a custom ROM. Then something went wrong along with your device became ineffective.
Sounds familiar? Indeed, it is all about bricking android device or damaging your android Computer. The cause might be file corruption, installation of some tricky software or the android mobile phone smartphone. You can first perform a hard reset from your system Start menu hold Volume Decrease, Home or one more button while turning with your device. After applying this process the phone contains the settings from manufacturer.
Thanks for downloading Android Repair System Info. Please comment and rating us.
Use A1 SD Bench - free tool to benchmark your phone & tablet SD card, RAM and memory, to test IO read / write speed (Quick, Long, Random I/O and Accurate) and check media performance, and compare your benchmark results online.
★ Four benchmark modes - Quick, Longer, Accurate and Random I/O
★ Built-in compare results online (anonymous)
★ Built-in view statistics online
★ SD card speed test, or multiple SD cards
★ Speed test any Android storage including RAM and USB
★ Nice looking, clean, fast, responsive & intuitive UI (User Interface)
★ Measure both read and write speeds to find out how fast is your SD card
★ Quick and Accurate benchmark (to reduce caching effects)
★ Check your speed-test results with other devices
★ Speed categories: Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, Class 10, UHS-I, UHS-II and UHS-III
★ Custom location option to test any device directory
★ Shows total and free memory for all media including RAM
• Internal memory
• Internal SD cards
• External SD cards
• System RAM (Random access memory)
• USB flash drive (including, NAND flash, USB 1.0, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)
• Up to 6 USB flash drives (connected simultaneously via USB hub)
• USB HDD (Hard drives)
Supported memory cards:
• SD Cards
• Micro SD
• Micro SDHC
• Micro SDXC
• Phone's built-in memory (card)
• Problem? Please, send us your feedback using Send Feedback feature from the Settings screen, or http://a1dev.com/feedback/
• We can not test all Android devices, so if your device's memory / SD card / USB is not detected correctly, use Send Feedback feature from the Settings screen, specifying path to your storage, e.g. /mnt/sdcard/, /mnt/usb_drive;
• NTFS and other non-native file systems is supported as far as your Android device is compatible with a such FS.
• Your device needs enough free (100 MB and up, depending on media speed, and up to few GB if using longer test option) space for benchmarks to work;
• More: http://a1dev.com/sd-bench/notes/
• From the application itself
• Google+: http://a1dev.com/g+
More info on permissions:
• "Storage" & "Media" is used to benchmark your device storage, SD cards and USB attached drives.
• "Internet" is used to access and submit online scores and for anonymous usage statistics (both can be enabled and disabled).
• Move apps to SD card
• Move apps to phone internal storage
• Sort app by movable, name, size and time
• User can custom [Install time] [Package name] [Apk path] to show in list
• Show app details: size, install time, package, apk path.
• Open app
• Search in market
• Search in website by apk name, package name, app name
If we granted root permission, we can move multi-app in one click, and can move almost all apps installed.
If you get "Sdcard share the same disk with os", means that Android os set up ***default*** SD card and system partition in one disk, So we can't move apps from system to default SD card, cause they are in the same disk.
Did you just adb push a bunch of new media files (images / music) to your SDCARD but not seeing them in your gallery app, etc? Don't want to thumb through your app drawer to launch an application to initiate a re-scan? Don't want a force close when / if you do launch?
Give 'Media Rescan Widget' a try! It's the quickest and easiest way to initiate a re-scan of your media files.
Simply add the 2x2 widget to your home screen, grant root privileges after your initial launch, and enjoy an up to date gallery!
Note, this is a widget only, there is NO application icon that will appear in your app drawer.
To add as a widget to your home-screen, look for 'Media Rescan' in your 'choose widget' list.
If you do not have root, the widget, when clicked, should exit gracefully with a message stating 'root is required' and as a result, your media / gallery will not be updated. No need to download / install if you do NOT have root, as the widget will not provide any value.
It won't allow true screen calibration but will still help attenuating nasty color tints, since it works with transparent additive overlay RGB color fullscreen layers.
It needs no root permissions and it is localized for english and german.
This is only the unlocker license, so you need also BeRo File Manager installed.
The license app icon will disappear after BeRo File Manager was started and the launcher has refreshed.
If this license app doesn't work for you, contact me over e-Mail.
It includes the features of SDrescan to rescan external storages for new media files.
Ads-supported freeware, adfree unlock key available, search it bottom in my another apps.
Changes in 1.0.8:
- First visible file position stack memory
IMPORTANT: It's only for highend (and possibly good-performance midrange) android devices with VFPv3 floating point ARM CPU instruction set support (so ARMv7a/CortexA8 and better), and NOT for cheap lowend android devices!
It provides realtime synthesized chiptune music tracks and sound effects. It also uses OpenGL ES 2.0 with oldschool green screen framebuffer postprocessing pixelshader effects, so play it only on midrange and highend devices that support OpenGL ES 2.0.
The sound and music rendering engine is written entirely in Object Pascal and compiled with free pascal.
And it features also a global leaderboard through the Scoreloop social gaming platform.
The android permissions, which are requested by this game, are required by the AdMob SDK (INTERNET) and Scoreloop SDK (INTERNET/READ_PHONE_STATE).
You will see ads only in the game mode selection menu, on the game paused screen and on the gameover screen, and possibly a interstitial ad on the game-app-start. So otherwise except this, the game is so far ad-free.
So have fun with this first Android game from me.
Since it uses a OpenGL ES 2.0 fragment shader, your device must support OpenGL ES 2.0 and your device must have a quite fast GPU, which has no GPU overheating problems. Otherwise please don't download and use this live wallpaper.
It's fully free and without ads.
It needs a modern android device with the following minimum requirements:
- Android 2.1 or newer
- 1 GHz CPU
- 512MB RAM
- OpenGL ES 2.0 support
Coder and music: Benjamin 'BeRo' Rosseaux ( Twitter @coder )
Graphics: Christoph 'gizmo' Muetze ( Twitter @chris_muetze )
Sound effects: Jan 'jco' Obergfell ( Twitter @jcomusic )
SVN backer: Alex 'freQvibez' Brem ( Twitter @localhost )
The game is written in Object Pascal and built with FreePascal.