The Walkonomics app uses over 700,000 street ratings from Walkonomics.com, covering every street in Toronto, San Francisco, New York and England. But unlike other walkability apps, which only measure how many destinations are within walking distance, Walkonomics provides 5-star ratings for 8 different categories of pedestrian-friendliness:
• Road safety;
• Easy to cross;
• Fear of crime;
• Smart & beautiful;
• Fun & relaxing.
These ratings are generated from Open Data including street widths, traffic levels, 311 cleanliness reports, gradients, crime statistics, pedestrian accidents and even how many trees are on each street. This automatically generated data is complimented by crowdsourced reviews from local residents and visitors. Each street rating is mapped using colour-coded markers to show the overall walkability rating for every street.
• Check the walkability of nearby streets and areas;
• Search by location, place name or post code;
• View search results on a map with colour-coded markers;
• Discover new walk-friendly areas and streets;
• Instantly get detailed walkability reviews and ratings of streets based on real data and people’s views;
• Add your own ratings and include photos;
• Undertake walkability audits and crowdsource local people’s ideas for improving streets.
Perfect for home buyers looking for a new walkable neighbourhood or checking the location of a hotel or holiday destination. It’s a really easy and fun way to discover and enjoy walkable streets and neighbourhoods.
More from developer
1. Location Aware: Get stations and stops nearest you
2. Nextrip Bus & Rail Arrivals
3. Maps: Download up to 200 maps to use offline
4. News & Information: The Source, El Pasajero, Metro News Releases, Destination Discounts, and more
5. Trip Planner: Plan a trip from your current location
6. Favorites: Save a line, stop/station, map, or itinerary for fast access
7. Notifications: Get bus, rail, road closure alerts, and live traffic information