With more than 620 free, detailed and mapped walking guides (May 2015) and counting, the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
iFootpath is made for walking, and only for walking. From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect, edit and share GPS trail data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, historical notes, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location or by name, walk length or county
- Your walking experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real time progress along the walking route on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk
- Track your own walking route using your phone’s GPS capability and the intuitive iFootpath tracker
- See your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Add waypoints to break your walk into sections and help walkers navigate and find key landmarks & points of interest
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn the stories of the heroes, outlaws, artists, and visionaries who have helped make Taos what it is today.
This App presents maps, GPS locations, video, audio, and stories about 33 Taos sites.
Published by MARKETAOS in cooperation with the Town of Taos, Taos County, and New Mexico Department of Tourism.
Pennine Horizons brings your walks alive, sharing stories and bring the Heritage alive.
Listen, look and see what is around you as you walk round this beautiful part of the country
The app contains:
- a map showing each of the points on the trail
- pictures and descriptions of each point of interest
- audio to accompany the trail
The top 10 British heritage cities, outside London, are covered by this app:
1) Bath in Somerset
2) Cambridge in East Anglia
3) Carlisle in Cumbria
4) Chester in Cheshire
6) Edinburgh in Scotland
7) Lincoln in Lincolnshire
8) Oxford in Oxfordshire
9) Stratford upon Avon in Warwickshire
10) York in Yorkshire
The app includes an offline map of the UK, showing the location of each city.
Each heritage city is introduced using AUDIO COMMENTARY as well as text/photo's and a list of the top heritage sights you can discover there.
You will also find a complete OFFLINE STREET MAP of each city, showing the location of all the major places, as well as other useful information. Track your location on the maps (for devices with GPS).
Why not visit the heritage cities for yourself? You can choose and book hotels directly from the app.
THE APP RUNS OFFLINE (with the exception of hotel searches) - IDEAL FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS.
We’d love to hear your opinion, so please leave a review and tell us what you think.
● Sunday Times “App of the week”
● "...much more than just a travel guide..." - appmodo.com
● "...the best option for exploring and discovering the UK ..." - thesmartphoneappreview.com
● offline content helps you save money on roaming, city maps with free wi-fi spots
● direct booking and best deals for over 11,000 hotels in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, you can also find and book low cost flight, rent-a-car, or get a taxi
● travel guides for 38 UK destinations including: Belfast, Birmingham, Blackpool, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Cornwall, The Cotswolds, Devon, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Windsor …
● London tours, excursions, musicals and theatre booking
● guide to UK restaurants, shopping, pubs, clubs
● share your GREAT Britain experience on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and TripAdvisor
● local travel tips and phrasebook
● shopping tips and special offers
● weather forecasts for 38 cities in UK
... and much more.
mX Great Britain can help you discover many reasons why Britain is GREAT.
Talk to us on:
Published by: Mobiexplore
tags: UK, London, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
OutDoors GPS makes it really easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence, so you can spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. With OutDoors in your pocket, there's no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
***** Extremely easy to use and looks great. -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
***** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. -[Stuff Magazine].
***** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! -[Outdoors Magazine].
Here are 10 ways OutDoors GPS can help you;
1. Dependable anywhere- no need for phone signal and works worldwide.
2. Choose unlimited use (£4.95 per annum) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps).
3. OS Online subscription includes free OS Maps on your PC/Mac.
4. Download Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k in glorious high-resolution detail.
5. Huge, easy-to-manage OS map areas for just £2.99 per region/county/National Park.
6. Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps.
7. Create, find & follow routes in total confidence.
8. Share purchases & subscriptions across all your devices for free.
9. Record & share routes with statistics & elevation profile.
10. Integrated website (www.outdoorsgps.com) for route planning, sharing (200,000 free routes).
MORE ABOUT USING ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
•Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps.
•No need for signal - superb navigation across GB.
•Free download of all 14 GB National Parks (1:50k OS Landranger maps) once registered.
•Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps (£4.95 per annum).
•Free access to www.outdoorsgps.com.
•Includes free & Unlimited OS Maps for your PC/MAC.
•Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)- just £2.95.
•Super fast map display, regardless of signal.
•Permanent downloads can be deleted and reinstalled anytime.
•Totally dependable, wherever you go in Great Britain.
MORE ABOUT OUR POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
•Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device.
•Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres.
•Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen.
•Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view.
•Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling).
•Find & download a route nearby.
•Create 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc).
•Share location or points of interest.
•250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool).
MORE ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND ONLINE COMMUNITY (92,000 MEMBERS)
•Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
•Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
•Find routes nearby or near any place.
•Comment and rate routes.
•Importing and exporting routes to your device (inc. GPX).
Nie chcemy, by o nich zapomniano, zapraszamy więc na wędrówkę po dawnym Podgórzu – zarówno tym rzeczywistym, jak i widmowym. Na mapie zaznaczono kilkadziesiąt miejsc: ulic, budynków, pomników, kościołów czy cmentarzy. Punkty są podzielone na te, wchodzące w trasę spaceru (na który można się udać z naszą aplikacją) oraz punkty dodatkowe. Na stronie można je oglądać w dowolnej kolejności. Po wybraniu danego punktu, pojawi się jego opis oraz archiwalne zdjęcia.
Our England (United Kingdom) offline road map (route map) primarily displays roads and transport links rather than natural geographical information. Offline (United Kingdom) road map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and more detailed area around the cities: London, Southampton, Porsmuth, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinbourgh, Glasgow
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, parkings, restaurants, gas stations)
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the United Kingdom or the UK) is a constitutional monarchy comprising much of the British Isles.
This Union is more than 300 years old and comprises four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It occupies all of the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern portion of the island of Ireland and most of the remaining British Isles.
It's important to remember that the Republic of Ireland is a completely separate state from the United Kingdom, seceding from the Union and gaining its independence in 1922. The Isle of Man and the various Channel Islands are "crown dependencies", possessing their own legislative bodies for domestic legislation with the assent of the Crown. They are not part of the United Kingdom, nor of the EU, but are not sovereign states in their own right either. The UK has Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands as its nearest neighbours.
The 'Great' in Great Britain (Britannia Major in Roman times; Grande-Bretagne in French) is to distinguish it from the other, smaller "Britain": Brittany (Britannia Minor; Bretagne) in northwestern France.
The UK today is a diverse patchwork of native and immigrant cultures, possessing a fascinating history and dynamic modern culture, both of which remain hugely influential in the wider world. Although Britannia no longer rules the waves, the UK is still a popular destination for many travellers. The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom is London.