With more than 620 free, detailed and mapped walking guides (May 2015) and counting, the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
iFootpath is made for walking, and only for walking. From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect, edit and share GPS trail data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, historical notes, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location or by name, walk length or county
- Your walking experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real time progress along the walking route on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk
- Track your own walking route using your phone’s GPS capability and the intuitive iFootpath tracker
- See your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Add waypoints to break your walk into sections and help walkers navigate and find key landmarks & points of interest
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org
But if you are traveling to the United Kingdom Here are some Gems that are well worth a visit and are a little less known than the run of the mill place's.
If you are visiting the United Kingdom, try to visit one of these Gems i am sure you will be impressed.
Our England (United Kingdom) offline road map (route map) primarily displays roads and transport links rather than natural geographical information. Offline (United Kingdom) road map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and more detailed area around the cities: London, Southampton, Porsmuth, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinbourgh, Glasgow
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, parkings, restaurants, gas stations)
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the United Kingdom or the UK) is a constitutional monarchy comprising much of the British Isles.
This Union is more than 300 years old and comprises four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It occupies all of the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern portion of the island of Ireland and most of the remaining British Isles.
It's important to remember that the Republic of Ireland is a completely separate state from the United Kingdom, seceding from the Union and gaining its independence in 1922. The Isle of Man and the various Channel Islands are "crown dependencies", possessing their own legislative bodies for domestic legislation with the assent of the Crown. They are not part of the United Kingdom, nor of the EU, but are not sovereign states in their own right either. The UK has Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands as its nearest neighbours.
The 'Great' in Great Britain (Britannia Major in Roman times; Grande-Bretagne in French) is to distinguish it from the other, smaller "Britain": Brittany (Britannia Minor; Bretagne) in northwestern France.
The UK today is a diverse patchwork of native and immigrant cultures, possessing a fascinating history and dynamic modern culture, both of which remain hugely influential in the wider world. Although Britannia no longer rules the waves, the UK is still a popular destination for many travellers. The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom is London.
Message hosts and guests, gush over your itinerary, explore fairytale destinations, and add unforgettable digs to your Wish List. Make that penthouse, yurt, or treehouse your next home...or open up your own space to travelers.
Download the Airbnb Android App and start traveling the world with a few simple taps.
• Discover thousands of places to stay in more than 34,000 cities
• Book one-of-a-kind accommodations and find rooms for rent directly from your Android phone or Tablet
• Search for last-minute accommodations anywhere in the world
• Find long-term sublets in thousands of cities
• Access your itinerary, message your host, and get directions to your listing
• Explore legendary properties, vacation homes, and apartments, and add them to your Wish List to share with your friends
Manage your listing and connect with guests wherever you are in the world.
• List your space and manage your listing directly from your phone
• Get acquainted with potential guests before you say yes
• Accept, decline, pre-approve, and send special offers to guests on the go
• Manage your inquiries, respond to messages, and check off your To-Dos from your Host Home
• Visit our Hospitality Standards to learn what guests expect before they arrive
• Update your calendar availability with ease
• Access Groups to connect with your host community
A note about permissions: We use the READ_PHONE_STATE permission to make your life easier while verifying your phone number to create an Airbnb profile.
Download the Airbnb App now!
Discover us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/airbnb
Get to know Airbnb and the Airbnb App: http://airbnb.com/mobile