With more than 570 free, detailed and mapped walking guides (February 2015) and counting, the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
iFootpath is made for walking, and only for walking. From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect, edit and share GPS trail data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, historical notes, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location or by name, walk length or county
- Your walking experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real time progress along the walking route on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk
- Track your own walking route using your phone’s GPS capability and the intuitive iFootpath tracker
- See your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Add waypoints to break your walk into sections and help walkers navigate and find key landmarks & points of interest
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org
But if you are traveling to the United Kingdom Here are some Gems that are well worth a visit and are a little less known than the run of the mill place's.
If you are visiting the United Kingdom, try to visit one of these Gems i am sure you will be impressed.
The top 10 British heritage cities, outside London, are covered by this app:
1) Bath in Somerset
2) Cambridge in East Anglia
3) Carlisle in Cumbria
4) Chester in Cheshire
6) Edinburgh in Scotland
7) Lincoln in Lincolnshire
8) Oxford in Oxfordshire
9) Stratford upon Avon in Warwickshire
10) York in Yorkshire
The app includes an offline map of the UK, showing the location of each city.
Each heritage city is introduced using AUDIO COMMENTARY as well as text/photo's and a list of the top heritage sights you can discover there.
You will also find a complete OFFLINE STREET MAP of each city, showing the location of all the major places, as well as other useful information. Track your location on the maps (for devices with GPS).
Why not visit the heritage cities for yourself? You can choose and book hotels directly from the app.
THE APP RUNS OFFLINE (with the exception of hotel searches) - IDEAL FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS.
Learn more about our Kings and Queens, heroes and villains, castles and cathedrals, stately homes and gardens, countryside and coastline… and much more besides. Each issue is packed with features that showcase Britain at her best – and full of ideas on where to go, what to see and where to stay.
Britain explores every corner of the british isles - from the beautiful countryside of Scotland to the shows of London's famous West End.
A copy of Britain magazine makes the perfect companion whether you like to travel the highways and byways by train, coach or car – or simply prefer to explore our glorious country from the comfort of your own armchair.
Find the best of british in the new iPad edition of Britain magazine.
*Back issues and future issues are available for purchase within the App.
Future issues are also available through the following auto-renewing subscription(s):
-6 Issues (1 Year) at £15.99 / $22.99
-3 Issues (6 Months) at £8.99 / $12.99
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price.
You may turn off auto-renewing subscriptions by going to your user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during your active subscription period.
1:125000(Roadmap),1:50000, and 1:10000 (Streetmap) maps
Compatibility with tablets
Full pinch to zoom and pan cababilites
No adverts or limitations
More detailed maps of the UK than Google Maps!
N.B. While we make use of the OS or Ordnance Survey maps API, we are in no way connected to them.
Please contact me with any issues you have before leaving a bad review, I appreciate knowing what is wrong with the app so I can fix it.
We’d love to hear your opinion, so please leave a review and tell us what you think.
● Sunday Times “App of the week”
● "...much more than just a travel guide..." - appmodo.com
● "...the best option for exploring and discovering the UK ..." - thesmartphoneappreview.com
● offline content helps you save money on roaming, city maps with free wi-fi spots
● direct booking and best deals for over 11,000 hotels in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, you can also find and book low cost flight, rent-a-car, or get a taxi
● travel guides for 38 UK destinations including: Belfast, Birmingham, Blackpool, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Cornwall, The Cotswolds, Devon, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Windsor …
● London tours, excursions, musicals and theatre booking
● guide to UK restaurants, shopping, pubs, clubs
● share your GREAT Britain experience on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and TripAdvisor
● local travel tips and phrasebook
● shopping tips and special offers
● weather forecasts for 38 cities in UK
... and much more.
mX Great Britain can help you discover many reasons why Britain is GREAT.
Talk to us on:
Published by: Mobiexplore
tags: UK, London, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
No matter where in the world you are looking, trivago is your partner in locating an optimal home away from home, no matter your budget, even at the very last minute.
Get it now, get it on the go – download our app for free today.
- Cheapest deals filtered out every time
- Our database is constantly updating itself – great last-minute deals and discounts found in the search results
- We compare several prices for the same room to find you the cheapest one to fit your budget and get you the best value for your money
Top Filtering Options:
- Our online comparison finds exactly what you’re looking for, no matter when you travel, where you travel, what your itinerary is or how your budget stands
- Filter by price - set the maximum price you want to pay and we will locate the best hotel for this value
- Search by location – compare accommodation in whatever part of the world you need to book, and we will show you the best choices in our extensive comparison
- Filter by POI and attractions - find the best location in proximity to what you want to see. Perfect for setting your travel itinerary
- Filter accommodation immediately for Wifi, pool, beach, spa and design
- The trivago Rating Index (tRI) is a fair and accurate rating score which is actually an aggregation of all available rating scores on the web
- An integrated map function takes you directly to the door, no matter where you are travelling from
- The sleek, simple design makes booking on the go a fun and easy experience
- Voted as one of The Guardian’s “10 best money-saving apps”
- Ranked on Independent.ie as one of the “best money-saving apps”
Search by location, provider or feature and filter search criteria to find your perfect holiday accommodation choice and then check the latest availability and pricing details. Add and read reviews, save accommodations to favourites to compare and view later, share accommodations with family & friends.
+ Filtered Search
+ Multiple Approved Holiday Suppliers
+ Variety of Holiday Accommodations
+ Add a Review and Images
+ Save Accommodations to Favourites
+ UK and Europe Holiday Destinations
+ Click to Availability and Booking
To make that decision a little easier, we’ve created this app with our selection of the best places to visit to find history, mystery, fine architecture and spectacular views. Included in our selection is every kind of heritage site from ancient stone circles, Roman fortifications and Anglo-Saxon abbeys, to sports stadiums, historic houses and royal palaces.
This app has been brought to you by the team behind Discover Britain, Britain’s leading historic travel magazine, which is packed with news and features on our finest heritage sites, practical guides to our cities, coast and countryside and ideas and inspiration for days out and weekends away. With stunning photography and the best travel and history writers around, Discover Britain has everything you need to plan a holiday at home or learn about the events that have helped to shape our island nation. To find out more, visit our website at www.discoverbritainmag.com, or to subscribe at great prices visit www.subscriptionsave.co.uk.
We hope that our app will offer plenty of inspiration for your travels for the best that Britain has to offer, from Lands End and the western tip of Wales to the Highlands and islands of Scotland and everywhere in between.