Sometimes the power button is hard to press, or you want to save protect the hardware power button for longer use. This app and provided notification/widget can save you from accessing the power button all the time.
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. NEW Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
It's hard to believe but this app can solve these issues by liberating you from the usage of the power button.
It turns automatically your screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table and turn the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go.
HOW TO UNINSTALL?
Use the UNINSTALL button in the app.
HOW IT WORKS
It monitors the orientation of the device through the gravity sensor. When your phone is pointing downward by its top, below a certain angle, it's likely to be out of use. In this situation the proximity sensor is activated to determine if it is covered. If yes, it turns the screen off because probably you placed the phone into your pocket or onto a table. To keep the battery usage low the program turns on the proximity sensor only when it's really necessary. Moreover, when it turns your screen off and the proximity sensor is covered it puts your phone into deep sleep state to save as much energy as possible.
- Pocket Sensor: Recognizes if your phone is in your pocket.
- Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table.
- Turn Screen Off by Proximity: activates the proximity sensor before turning the screen off.
- Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by any movements, for example by lifting up by hand. Usage of the power button can interferes with this option.
- Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on by relying on the small movements you are doing by your hand while holding the phone. If motions are detected while the screen is facing up, it keeps the screen on because it can be suspected that the phone is held and probably you are reading something. If the phone is steady it will turn the screen off normally no matter the position you leave your device. It's especially helpful if your lock key is hard to reach or if the power button is broken.
- Tasker, Llama, Locale supported by plug-in.
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
- Wider range in Table Sensor
- Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
- Exclude Apps option: The app pauses itself anytime if selected app is running, it'll resume when you close the app. Useful when playing games etc.
- Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version, there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion and the Table sensor can be set more precisely. Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has an Exclude App list, a more advanced Delayed lock option and Widgets.
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
On some devices (e.g. HTC One) the alarm clock is switched off by the app after it had gone off! Please check if it's the case for you. If, yes, use a third party app, for example: http://goo.gl/Y55zBZ
Q: I'm experiencing high battery usage, why?
A: The app should use about 6 percent extra energy per day if you are not using too much the Turn Screen On by Motion feature, for example keeping your phone face down when it's on a table. Moreover, the android en-built battery consumption measurement can show much higher results if it's based on a short period of time.
More FAQ : http://goo.gl/D4BgQ5
Switch Auto-rotate feature on/off quickly. Put it as a shortcut in the home screen or long-press search button to run it.
Tired of lying on the bed and your device changes to landscape mode?
Don't you find it inconvenient to change the "Auto-rotate screen settings" using the setting menu?
This app aims to solve these issues.
You could now long-press search key / tap the shortcut to switch the auto-rotate feature.
To reduce memory usage, this app is not a widget (so the icon cannot show the rotate settings) & it'll kill itself after it runs.
• Long-pressing search button to toggle function could not work on Defy, Droid 2 & device without search key
• Some apps (e.g. Battery Graph) do not follow the auto-rotate screen settings in Settings->Display (which can be changed by this app), thus it could not work for those apps.
• "Lock orientation" (Lock landscape) is not possible as Google only allows portrait lock on others' app by design officially.
This app is recommended by Lifehacker
★★ Do you like this App? ★★
Please buy the donation version to support my development!
Scroll down and use 'View more applications' to find it :)
Thank you! :D
Let you keep the screen on when using the device: When turned on, as long as the device is not in a flat state, the back light will remain open for easy reading.
1. Use G-sensor for detection
2. Select "always-on" applications (This function is suitable for the device on the plane reading the occasion)
3. Stop detection when screen is off for power saving
4. Customizable for your device
5. A notification to indicate current status
Notification icon color:
Green: G-sensor detects the device is using and will keep screen on
Red:G-sensor detects the device is not using and will keep system screen timer
Blue: Always-on application is detected and will keep screen on
Keyword: back light, auto, display, reading.
Because physical power button has its service life, the suspension of a key lock screen can effectively reduce the entity key usage.
A key lock screen are common to leave the current screen can be locked screen action, the case needs immediate emergency shutdown is not enough and cumbersome.
Use suspending a key lock screen anywhere can quickly turn off the screen.
Suspension is a key to the lock screen lock screen application on Android Market fastest to use, features are as follows:
- Lock screen switch will suspended (floating) top of the screen
- Suspension (floating) position switch can move freely
- Suspended switch icon opaque / translucent
- Support boot automatically start / manual start
※ If you need to remove an application, please use the uninstall suspended suspension of a key lock screen button to remove the lock screen within the application
Keywords: a key lock screen, a button, turn off the screen, the screen, Floating, Floating Lock Screen, Lock Screen, Lock Screen, suspended, suspended lock screen, floating, floating lock screen.
★ Best indispensable tool for practical mobile phone
★ Displays the size of the screen width and height
★ simple detection if your device has any dead pixels or screen burn.
★ help developers, programmers, design app UI quickly learned that the device screen resolution.
★ Useful for developers who want to create pixel perfect user interfaces that work
★ Displays information about the current screen resolution thereof, and his position
★ This application displays your screen resolution in Device Independent Pixels
★ Displays the most common screen resolution and aspect ratio
★ This application works across various Android devices
★ Reacts to orientation changes
(No any advertising)
This easy and elegant tool enables you to toggle mobile data with one click, without messing up your APNs. Choose from either small or large widget sizes for convenient placement on your home screen.
- multi system setting widgets in 1 package
- 1 click to toggle mobile data
- Both small and large widgets
Now Spring Sale: 30% off!
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Optimized for Android 1.6 (Donut) all the way to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
The Developer will not hold the responsibilities on any malfunctioning, damage caused, economic loss or any legal matters caused due to the use of this application.
App. Name：Mobile Phone Screen Tester
Language：English and Traditional Chinese
Date: 28 May 2012
More from developer
* Vibrate when outgoing call is connected.
* Notify when system is ready
* Notify when system is shutting down.
* Notify when plug in the USB
* Notify when battery is full.
* Extra Phone Info.
* reply phone call by using sms when the user is busy.
ps: if there is any problem about this application, please send me the mail directly. And capture the bug report to me , Thanks.
how to capture the bug report:
download sub app to capture -
the app has been verified by sub devices.
* Google Nexus One 2.3.X
Support Sub Devices:
Google Nexus One with Android 2.3 - OK
Google Nexus S with Android 2.3 - OK
* Add feature - notify user if an application is installed.
* add new feature for dialing phone number when user copy a number string in browser app or others.
How to use:
selecte a string , then press the item "share" and select item "Phone" dial a phone call.
* fix bugs for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
* support Android 4.0 for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
I made this application for this purpose.
Setup the contact list. and add them into the app's contact list.
then , just tap the contact's photo , it will originate a call.
The user can also use the app with Skype.
##### Before adding contacts. please make sure sub items.
* the contact's picture is required.
* the contact's phone number might be at the 1st place.
fix bug for latest Skype.
* enhance the user experience.
* add new feature: if the user selects a contact , the app will read the contact's display name.
* add landscape view for tablet version.
* fix bug
* enhance the user experience , for skype outgoing call by using this phone phone dialer.
blog to introduce the app: http://studiobinghuan.blogspot.com
Speak any of these commands to perform a Voice Action on your device:
The command need to use "English", thanks.
open [application name]
PS: User can also add the widget onto home screen to use.
the app has been verified on sub devices.
* google nexus one
* google nexus s
* google galaxy nexus
Now, it just support the translation from English to Traditional Chinese.
* support the search from reader (ex: kindle)
if the user use the kindle, please long press the text what you want to search , and then select the item "Search the Web". Then , the answer might be returned.
The app has been verified by sub devices.
1. Google Galaxy Nexus
2. Google Nexus S
3. Google Nexus One.
Easy to share the data network by using the Wifi Tethering.
Google Galaxy Nexus.
Google Galaxy S
Google Nexus One.
* add option to auto start the wifi Ap.
* fix bug when disable the WiFI Ap function , the WiFi will be turned on.
how to use:
1. select the text in the article.
2. press the button "share" or "find on web".
3. select the app "Read it for me".
Then , android will read it for you :D
support sub language:
add control to stop speaking.
(If the android device is in speaking. there will be a notification on status bar, user can press it to stop speaking.)
if lend the device to other one, can prevent the user from accessing the private information. And block their operation on the device.
ps: if the user want to customize the block list, please install the "Privacy Protection Mode Toggle2"
* support Android 4.0
In order to have a safe riding, maintain good performance, prolong the motorcycle service life and reduce pollution, make sure to perform the periodic inspection and maintenance.
PS: if the user has more than one bike, please install Moto/Bike Maintenance Recorder C.