Switch Auto-rotate feature on/off quickly. Put it as a shortcut in the home screen or long-press search button to run it.
Tired of lying on the bed and your device changes to landscape mode?
Don't you find it inconvenient to change the "Auto-rotate screen settings" using the setting menu?
This app aims to solve these issues.
You could now long-press search key / tap the shortcut to switch the auto-rotate feature.
To reduce memory usage, this app is not a widget (so the icon cannot show the rotate settings) & it'll kill itself after it runs.
• Long-pressing search button to toggle function could not work on Defy, Droid 2 & device without search key
• Some apps (e.g. Battery Graph) do not follow the auto-rotate screen settings in Settings->Display (which can be changed by this app), thus it could not work for those apps.
• "Lock orientation" (Lock landscape) is not possible as Google only allows portrait lock on others' app by design officially.
This app is recommended by Lifehacker
★★ Do you like this App? ★★
Please buy the donation version to support my development!
Scroll down and use 'View more applications' to find it :)
Thank you! :D
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
If you need assistance please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org: I am not able to keep up with the reviews and comments.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
This easy and elegant tool enables you to toggle mobile data with one click, without messing up your APNs. Choose from either small or large widget sizes for convenient placement on your home screen.
- multi system setting widgets in 1 package
- 1 click to toggle mobile data
- Both small and large widgets
(1) Screen brightness adjustment.
(2) Add a filter on the screen (you can adjust the brightness even lower)
Of course, you can also set [Automatic brightness] plus matte, so you can automatically adjust depending on the system, and darker.
Keywords: brightness adjustment, brightness, adjust, filter, mask, screen,bluelight, night, simple, glare, light,eye
Lower screen light.
Simple, Intuitive, Useful.
Quickly control in notification.
Automatically dim and brighten as environment.
One click icon to switch dim and bright.
Auto launch at the specific time.
Support color filter.
Keywords : Dimmer, brightness, screen light, night mode.
WRITE_SETTINGS: change system brightness
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: make screen darker
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: auto launch after reboot (only works in time mode)
GET_TASKS: exclude specify app from auto launch (only works in auto mode)
Support Tasker: receive broadcast with these actions to control Dimmer
e.g. Add Tasker command: Action Category → Misc → Send Intent → Action
Dimmer Develop Group http://goo.gl/03dsL1
Help refine and translate into your language.
Welcome to contribute Dimmer open source project.
Apk installation failed: Android disable the installation whenever any app with permission SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW is active.
Some devices are not support disable physical button backlight.
Because physical power button has its service life, the suspension of a key lock screen can effectively reduce the entity key usage.
A key lock screen are common to leave the current screen can be locked screen action, the case needs immediate emergency shutdown is not enough and cumbersome.
Use suspending a key lock screen anywhere can quickly turn off the screen.
Suspension is a key to the lock screen lock screen application on Android Market fastest to use, features are as follows:
- Lock screen switch will suspended (floating) top of the screen
- Suspension (floating) position switch can move freely
- Suspended switch icon opaque / translucent
- Support boot automatically start / manual start
※ If you need to remove an application, please use the uninstall suspended suspension of a key lock screen button to remove the lock screen within the application
Keywords: a key lock screen, a button, turn off the screen, the screen, Floating, Floating Lock Screen, Lock Screen, Lock Screen, suspended, suspended lock screen, floating, floating lock screen.
Unlike other apps, this app allows you to wipe your touch screen when checking.
Support repeatedly screen capture PNG file send by Email of menu key!
* Vibrate when outgoing call is connected.
* Notify when system is ready
* Notify when system is shutting down.
* Notify when plug in the USB
* Notify when battery is full.
* Extra Phone Info.
* reply phone call by using sms when the user is busy.
ps: if there is any problem about this application, please send me the mail directly. And capture the bug report to me , Thanks.
how to capture the bug report:
download sub app to capture -
the app has been verified by sub devices.
* Google Nexus One 2.3.X
Support Sub Devices:
Google Nexus One with Android 2.3 - OK
Google Nexus S with Android 2.3 - OK
* Add feature - notify user if an application is installed.
* add new feature for dialing phone number when user copy a number string in browser app or others.
How to use:
selecte a string , then press the item "share" and select item "Phone" dial a phone call.
* fix bugs for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
* support Android 4.0 for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
how to use:
1. select the text in the article.
2. press the button "share" or "find on web".
3. select the app "Read it for me".
Then , android will read it for you :D
support sub language:
add control to stop speaking.
(If the android device is in speaking. there will be a notification on status bar, user can press it to stop speaking.)
Now, it just support the translation from English to Traditional Chinese.
* support the search from reader (ex: kindle)
if the user use the kindle, please long press the text what you want to search , and then select the item "Search the Web". Then , the answer might be returned.
The app has been verified by sub devices.
1. Google Galaxy Nexus
2. Google Nexus S
3. Google Nexus One.
In order to have a safe riding, maintain good performance, prolong the motorcycle service life and reduce pollution, make sure to perform the periodic inspection and maintenance.
PS: if the user has more than one bike, please install Moto/Bike Maintenance Recorder C.
I made this application for this purpose.
Setup the contact list. and add them into the app's contact list.
then , just tap the contact's photo , it will originate a call.
The user can also use the app with Skype.
##### Before adding contacts. please make sure sub items.
* the contact's picture is required.
* the contact's phone number might be at the 1st place.
fix bug for latest Skype.
* enhance the user experience.
* add new feature: if the user selects a contact , the app will read the contact's display name.
* add landscape view for tablet version.
* fix bug
* enhance the user experience , for skype outgoing call by using this phone phone dialer.
blog to introduce the app: http://studiobinghuan.blogspot.com