1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Switch Auto-rotate feature on/off quickly. Put it as a shortcut in the home screen or long-press search button to run it.
Tired of lying on the bed and your device changes to landscape mode?
Don't you find it inconvenient to change the "Auto-rotate screen settings" using the setting menu?
This app aims to solve these issues.
You could now long-press search key / tap the shortcut to switch the auto-rotate feature.
To reduce memory usage, this app is not a widget (so the icon cannot show the rotate settings) & it'll kill itself after it runs.
• Long-pressing search button to toggle function could not work on Defy, Droid 2 & device without search key
• Some apps (e.g. Battery Graph) do not follow the auto-rotate screen settings in Settings->Display (which can be changed by this app), thus it could not work for those apps.
• "Lock orientation" (Lock landscape) is not possible as Google only allows portrait lock on others' app by design officially.
This app is recommended by Lifehacker
★★ Do you like this App? ★★
Please buy the donation version to support my development!
Scroll down and use 'View more applications' to find it :)
Thank you! :D
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
If you need assistance please contact me at email@example.com: I am not able to keep up with the reviews and comments.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
★ Do not install on SD card.
★ I can't sort and delete the button when creating widget.
In the top of the preview window, click the button to delete, press and hold the button to sort.
★ Can not uninstall?
Please deactivate "Settings"->"Security"->"Device administration" before uninstalling.
Supported Toggle Actions:
• Data Connection
• Screen Always On
• Airplane Mode
• Scan Media
• Unlock Pattern
• Speaker Mode
• Auto-Screen Lock
• 4G Toggle
• Mount SD
• Wi-Fi Hotspot
• USB Tether
• Bluetooth Tether
• Lock Screen
• Wi-Fi Sleep Policy
• Task Manager
• Memory usage
• Storage usage
• NFC Toggle
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
Toggle Light integrates Tiny Flashlight with Power Toggles. Power Toggles is an advanced power control widget and now you can start the camera flash with a custom Toggle Light switch.
To create a new Toggle Light widget:
1. Find the Power Toggles widget and add it to the home screen
2. Tap on the "Add Toggle" button
3. Choose the "Custom" tab
4. Tap "Toggle Light" from the list
Note: Many toggle (GPRS, NFC, AirplaneMode...) are not working on Lollipop even with root. This is a known issue. I am still looking for a fix.
For creating a Tasker toggle, refer http://powertoggles.com/tasker/
For concerns regarding SuperUser permission: http://m.powertoggles.com/help.php?e=26 , https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/T9xnMJEnzf1
(****** Note: Do not install on SD card ******)
**Call phone permission is required for adding direct call shortcuts on the widget.
Contains 40+ toggles including
Mobile Data (3G/4G)
Bluetooth (toggle, discovery and tether),
Custom application shortcut
Custom system shortcuts
And many more...
Supports homescreen widgets and notification widget. Also supports expandable notification widget on Jelly Beans and above.
Lockscreen widgets on android 4.2+
Many customization options like changing color theme and icons for individual toggles.
Backup and share widget settings from the widget configure screen (Menu > Import / Export) as well as various themes for multi-icon toggles and battery toggle.
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Required for running root commands. No effect on non-rooted phones. Users will still get the prompt asking for permission when running root command. http://m.powertoggles.com/help.php?e=26
android.permission.CAMERA: Required for the flashlight to work.
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: required to display a toggle choice popup when using notification widget (Only on gingerbread)
Note: on gingerbread, direct notification toggle is not possible. The clicking the notification widget, it displays a popup to choose an action.
Feel free to suggest more toggle button ideas.
Please go through the Help and FAQ section in the app (fully searchable) twice before reporting a bug, most likely it is already answered there.
It is difficult for me to reply to each email individually, some of the emails may get lost in the huge list of unread mails. If you do not get a reply within a week, ping me again.
You can also add shortcut to your own apps into the notification bar!
In the settings, you can choose which notifications should be active. All icons & colors can easily be changed through the app for full customization!
Now with Android Wear integration! Select which toggles you want to see on your Wear smartwatch and say "Start Notification Toggle" to switch your phone to silent, lock it, turn on the flashlight...
• Not every toggle will work on every device
• Some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the Android settings
• Exclude from task-killers!
• Some toggles require root access
• The app can not remove the build-in toggle notification on Samsung phones
• Please read the FAQ in the app before posting a review
Available toggles & shortcuts:
• Sound / Vibration, Sound / Silent, Sound menu
• Brightness mode / menu / 5 predefined stages
• Screen timeout dialog
• Wake lock
• Flight mode
• Mobile data
• Flashlight (might require "TeslaLED" app)
• Sync & Sync now
• WiFi- & USB-Tethering
• Music: previous / next / pause
• WiFi settings / advanced settings
• Bluetooth settings, Bluetooth visbility
• Mobile data settings
• Data usage
• next Wallpaper (requires "Wallpaper Changer" app)
• Lockscreen (requires "Delayed Lock" app)
• Shutdown & Reboot (requires root)
• own apps & shortcuts (shortcuts feature requires an in-app purchase)
This awesome app icon is made by http://www.graphical360.com :)
If you don't like the default icons, click on 'Icons & Colors' and use your own icons or use the 'Icon Downloader for NT' app do download alternative icons made by xda users.
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - toggle GPS on Android 2.2 devices
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - toggle wifi tethering
ACCESS_SUPERUSER - direct GPS toggle on rooted devices
BILLING - for in-app billing
BLUETOOTH_ADMIN & BLUETOOTH - toggle Bluetooth
CALL_PHONE - direct call contacts from notification
CAMERA & FLASHLIGHT - turn on camera flashlight
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - toggle mobile data on 2.3+
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE & ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - toggle WiFi
EXPAND_STATUS_BAR - to close the status bar on ICS devices
MANAGE_USB - toggle usb tethering
NFC - toggle NFC
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to load custom icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - place the notifications after boot
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - necessary on Android 2.x for detecting which toggle was clicked
VIBRATE - for haptic feedback option
WAKE_LOCK - for the wake lock toggle
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save shortcut icons like contact pictures
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - GPS toggling on rooted pre-4.3 devices
WRITE_SETTINGS - to toggle various stuff like rotation & screen brigthness
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - toggle sync
This easy and elegant tool enables you to toggle mobile data with one click, without messing up your APNs. Choose from either small or large widget sizes for convenient placement on your home screen.
- multi system setting widgets in 1 package
- 1 click to toggle mobile data
- Both small and large widgets
Once you add a toggle widget to your Android device's home screen it's as easy as pressing on it to turn it on and off.
Unlike the default Android Power control widget set that only allows for five toggle widgets, which cannot be changed, Toggle It lets you, the user, put as many different toggle widgets as you want on your device's home screens!
Current Toggle Widget Set:
Ringer - switch between normal, silent, and vibrate only for incoming phone calls
Phone Signal - turn off all telephony transmission signals, which can really save a lot of battery power
Mobile Data - enable to disable 2G/3G connectivity. This is especially handy if your Android device wireless device plan is not unlimited.
WiFI - enables or disables the WiFi connection on the device.
WiFi Tethering - enables or disables WiFi Tethering feature on the Android device. (Android 2.2+)
Bluetooth - enables or disables Bluetooth feature. (e.g. Bluetooth headset use)
GPS - Due to Google's Android OS changes, the GPS Toggle It widget is no longer able to be offered.
Airplane Mode - enables or disables all signal, transmissions to and from the Android device. Often used when flying, thus the toggle name.
Sync - enables or disables the Sync All feature. (e.g. if enabled will periodically sync all of the Google accounts associated with the Android device).
Auto-Rotate Screen - enables or disables the ability to rotate the screen via the related scensor. (e.g. whether the browser rotates into landscape mode from portrait and reverse, or just locks into portrait mode)
User Set Brightness - this toggle widget allows the user, with a swipe of their figner, to adjust the screen brigthness.
Screen Time Out - allows the user to change the time that elapses before the screen turns off. The values that can be set are 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 10 minutes, or 30 minutes.
Screen Always On - when enabled the Android device's screen will stay on until the user pushes the power button. When this toggle widget is enabled, the Screen Time Out will be disabled.
Screen Brightness - this toggle widget allows the user to quickly switch from four different screen brightness values. Which include, minimal (lowest brightness), Auto (the actual lighting in the area of the device will dictate the brightness, thanks to the device's built-in sensor for such), User Set (this is the value that can be set with the User Set Brightness toggle), and finally Max, for maximum screen brightness.
Flashlight - will turn on or off the Flash or LED that is on the back of many Android devices, and set the brightness to its highest level.
SD Card (External Storage) - when pressed on this toggle widget will scan the device to a degree for files (e.g. media, music, etc.). It also will popup a message stating the amount of SD card (External Storage) available, and the overall size of the storage.
Haptic Feedback - when enabled will turn on the slight vibration feeling the user feels when pressing on certain User Interface areas, such as the "soft keys" (the hardware keys, e.g. Home, Back, Menu, and Search) on the Android device.
Battery - shows the current battery level (updates on 1% changes) on the toggle. Once clicked it shows the current status of the battery. Clicking on the popup dialog's Usage or History buttons will give even more in-depth information about what has been using the battery, back to when the first devices turned on.
Volume - this toggle widget will allow the user to adjust five different device volumes (Ringtone, Media, Alarm, Notification, and System).
toggle, widget, settings, Power Control Plus, Widgetsoid, Extended Controls, Power Widget, Beautiful Widgets, Toggle It
Send me an email and I try to fix your problem quicly.
Don't install on SD card and exclude to your task killer.
Tutorials : http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJaumard
If you want to control your phone Widgetsoid is THE tool to have. It provides widgets totally customizable; you can choose over 50 toggles!
Widgetsoid is the only app who has custom color for icons and indicator!
User can customize his widgets and make amazing home screen.
Custom backgrounds (choose from gallery, custom color…);
Change Widgets transparency;
Edit existed widgets;
Choose icon color;
Choose outer blur color;
Different widgets size;
Different indicator type (long, thin, round, short or none)
Horizontal and vertical widgets
Widgets in notification bar;
2 two rows widgets and notifications;
Possibility to remove widgets size;
Preview of your widget on configuration screen;
Backup / restore zip and dropbox
You can save your widgets on profiles and load it when you want!
The power control widget is not customizable and has only 5 toggles but this is Widgetsoid toggles:
- 2G/3G (Shortcut to mobile settings)
- 4G (WiMAX for EVO)
- Data (Renaming APN or toggle APN)
- Brightness (custom seekbar, custom levels…)
- Stay Awake
- Always ON
- GPS (1 click for compatible phone or root user see FAQ)
- Auto Sync
- Force synchro
- Auto Rotate
- Airplane Mode
- Media Scanner
- Screen timeout (different modes)
- Torch (Flashlight, different mode if it’s not work automatically)
- Mount USB
- Mount SD card
- Auto Lock
- Pattern Lock
- Reboot (only for root users! Shutdown, bootloader, normal, recovery or fastboot)
- Temperature (battery)
- Phone memory
- SD memory
- RAM memory
- Hotspot Wifi
- USB Tether
- Volume manager
- Ring mode
- Lock Screen (turn your screen off)
- Direct Shortcut app (All activities or applications)
- Direct Shortcut contacts (or open popup with call, sms, email)
- Direct Shortcut bookmarks
You can find more informations on official web site http://widgetsoid.jaumard.com
You will find permissions descriptions and FAQ to help you to use Widgetsoid.
@jaumard on twitter
firstname.lastname@example.org for problems
v1.61: Prevent install on sd card. Launchers restriction for widgets
v1.6: Removed icon from app launcher
A WIDGET (home long tap->widgets to add, or select widgets from app-list) to enable/disable build-in hot-spot (Wifi tethering) feature on android 2.2+.
For Android versions since Lollipop it only works if the device is rooted.
This app is usable for free, but if is the case, it includes a 5 seconds delay before process the requests.
Also, it Includes settings to automatically disconnect mobile data when screen becomes off and to reenable when the screen is turned on, and also a convenient shortcut in the statusbar.
* Vibrate when outgoing call is connected.
* Notify when system is ready
* Notify when system is shutting down.
* Notify when plug in the USB
* Notify when battery is full.
* Extra Phone Info.
* reply phone call by using sms when the user is busy.
ps: if there is any problem about this application, please send me the mail directly. And capture the bug report to me , Thanks.
how to capture the bug report:
download sub app to capture -
the app has been verified by sub devices.
* Google Nexus One 2.3.X
Support Sub Devices:
Google Nexus One with Android 2.3 - OK
Google Nexus S with Android 2.3 - OK
* Add feature - notify user if an application is installed.
* add new feature for dialing phone number when user copy a number string in browser app or others.
How to use:
selecte a string , then press the item "share" and select item "Phone" dial a phone call.
* fix bugs for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
* support Android 4.0 for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
In order to have a safe riding, maintain good performance, prolong the motorcycle service life and reduce pollution, make sure to perform the periodic inspection and maintenance.
PS: if the user has more than one bike, please install Moto/Bike Maintenance Recorder C.
how to use:
1. select the text in the article.
2. press the button "share" or "find on web".
3. select the app "Read it for me".
Then , android will read it for you :D
support sub language:
add control to stop speaking.
(If the android device is in speaking. there will be a notification on status bar, user can press it to stop speaking.)
I made this application for this purpose.
Setup the contact list. and add them into the app's contact list.
then , just tap the contact's photo , it will originate a call.
The user can also use the app with Skype.
##### Before adding contacts. please make sure sub items.
* the contact's picture is required.
* the contact's phone number might be at the 1st place.
fix bug for latest Skype.
* enhance the user experience.
* add new feature: if the user selects a contact , the app will read the contact's display name.
* add landscape view for tablet version.
* fix bug
* enhance the user experience , for skype outgoing call by using this phone phone dialer.
blog to introduce the app: http://studiobinghuan.blogspot.com
Now, it just support the translation from English to Traditional Chinese.
* support the search from reader (ex: kindle)
if the user use the kindle, please long press the text what you want to search , and then select the item "Search the Web". Then , the answer might be returned.
The app has been verified by sub devices.
1. Google Galaxy Nexus
2. Google Nexus S
3. Google Nexus One.
Speak any of these commands to perform a Voice Action on your device:
The command need to use "English", thanks.
open [application name]
PS: User can also add the widget onto home screen to use.
the app has been verified on sub devices.
* google nexus one
* google nexus s
* google galaxy nexus
Use the app on your wearable device like watch, to let your Android Phone alarm a sound.
Then, you can find out the phone easily.
/** Here are some use cases: **/
Case #1: Every morning, before you going out. You might search your phone in hurry. Now, just make a sound on your phone, you can find out the phone easily. It might be just in the bed :P
Case #2: You might forget your phone after you leaving a bar. The wearable device will mention you - “Don’t forget you phone!”
### How to Use ###
1 If your screen is dim, touch the screen to wake up the watch.
2 Touch anywhere on the background of the screen. You’ll see a white screen with a red “g.”
3 Touch again anywhere on the screen to see a menu of things you can do.
4 Scroll and touch "Start...".
5 Then, touch "Phone Finder" to enjoy the functionality.