PerfMon offers you four categories of metrics:
- Foreground App
- Disk I/O
- Network I/O
PerfMon will also show you a new and unique-to-PerfMon performance metric: "CPU Capacity Usage". The CPU usage percentage traditionally used to measure and compare how much of the computational resources an app (or the entire device) is currently using does not make sense in a mobile multi-core setting. The capacity metric will take the CPU usage and scale it to what it would be if all cores were running at full capacity.
For example: if you have a 1.6ghz quad-core running a light app, it could be using 10% CPU with only one of the four cores active, and that core running at 200mhz. If you translate that to all four cores running at 1.6ghz, that app is using only 0.3% of total CPU capacity.
It's the only CPU Usage metric that makes any sense!
--- Foreground App ---
This window shows metric of the currently foreground (running and visible) application:
- Application title
- Application package name
- Memory usage total (in megabytes)
- Dalvik, Native, and Other memory usage (in megabytes)
- Overall CPU Usage (normal percentage and capacity)
- User and System CPU Usage (normal percentage)
--- CPU ---
This window displays overall CPU metrics:
- Capacity usage and current divider
- Overall CPU usage percentage
- Per-core CPU usage percentage and megahertz
--- Disk I/O ---
This window displays the disk I/O metrics of your MMC-based storage devices. Usually, mmcblk0 is your internal flash, and mmcblk1 is your removable SD-card. Please note that currently MTD-based storage is not supported by this display. Also note that the metrics displayed are raw I/O, so if the OS has I/O requests buffered/cached, you will not see anything happen here.
- Per-device read and write kilobytes/second
--- Network I/O ---
This window displays the network I/O metrics of your network interfaces.
- Per-interface transmit (Tx) and receive (Rx) kilobytes/second
The solution - Kill the apps which you think are not needed to run. You can manually go to the system settings and kill each app, but that is a painful task. Using Performance Enhancer, you can do the same with a few clicks. All the information you need about your phone's performance is presented in a single dashboard.
From the dashboard, you can
- Monitor the CPU usage
- Monitor the RAM usage
- Monitor battery health
- Monitor how much memory each app is using
- Kill tasks
Thus all the information you need is presented to you and based on that you can decide which apps to kill.
For example, if you feel your phone is running slow, you can check the device dashboard to see the CPU and RAM utilization. Suppose you see that your RAM utilization is 95% and an app is utilizing 30% of your memory, you can mark it for automatic killing if you are not using it. It will free up your RAM and you will see a considerable difference in your phone's performance.
Other options available for App Killing
- Set a time frequency for killing the app. The app will get killed automatically after that time interval.
- View Running and Stopped Apps
- Share your dashboard with your tech savvy friends on different social networking platforms.
Informs you about disk storage , you have the option to view the each app how much cpu usage it takes , It frees the unnecessary memory used by the cpu.
Enjoy the full version .
Other options include the ability to change the graph location, duration, color, transparency, and size. Note that the system may kill the graph service at any time. To restart the graph you must restart the Intel® Mobile Performance Viewer for Android* application
The tool collects the following metrics:
- CPU usage
- Memory usage
- Network I/O
On rooted devices you may also collect system wide data, show the data by CPU when possible and analyze the following metrics, depending on the architecture:
- CPU Cycles
- Cache Misses
- Branch Misses
- Bus Cycles
- Instructions Retired
- Context switches
- Page Faults
- CPU Migrations
1. Lowering latency. If the wifi driver does not sleep, the AP does not have to wait until delivering the data. This is desired is many situations, like IP VOIP calls via WIFI, audio streaming, networked games (lower latency means better experience).
2. Ensure wifi is running put into higher PM state even when the screen is off. Again, this helps when you do VOIP calls, stream audio, etc.
3. Solving sporadic/unreliable connectivity problems. Root cause: Some older WIFI routers can't reliably communicate with devices using WIFI Power Management (they may actually sleep, when the AP wants to send data). It helps when your WIFI can connect to the Access Point, but the transfer is either very slow or unreliable (high packet loss). This widget does NOT help, if you can't connect to the WIFI Access Point at all.
4. Simply speed up download transfer rate. YMMV.
The widget should work on all devices with Android 3.1 and higher. In addition, this was tested and found to work on Samsung Galaxy S II (even with GingerBread).
Some users reported this also works with Acer Iconia and Galaxy Tab. Other devices may or may not support this feature. Please see for yourself. Please leave comments/rating if it helped.
USAGE: Add the widget to your home screen and tap on it to enable wifi and to activate/deactivate the high-performance mode. If you don't see the widget, start the activity. The widget should be properly listed afterwards.
Automatic toggle feature works using the following ruleset:
1. If Wifi connection is lost or manually disabled/disconnected, the HighPerformance mode will automatically be disabled (if it was enabled) to save battery.
2. If you reconnect to the last connected network, the last applicable state of the HighPerformance setting will automatically be restored.
3. If you connect to a different network than you had been previously, HighPerformance mode will be enabled based on the preference setting in the Application (whitelist)
Notice: While the READ_PHONE_STATE is indeed a very powerful and dangerous permission, I am not using it for anything else than to know if there's an incoming or outgoing call to be able to use it as a trigger. Nothing else, really...
If you'd like to double-check whether this widget has really done the job on your phone, you can try the following:
1. PING your phone from you computer with disabled wifi performance mode. Make note of the average round trip time. In my case case this was around 50ms
2. PING your phone from you computer with ENABLED wifi performance mode. In my case the average round trip time shortened to about 2-3ms. If there's no significant different between the two cases, chances are your phone does not support WIFI High Performance Mode.
Many Android tasks run slower than they should for one simple, yet not-so-obvious reason: they consume large amounts of random data from a limited source. Random data is used to generate session keys and unique identifiers, in SSL and wifi, while starting processes, and during inter-process communication.
This data (entropy) runs out frequently, and that causes processes reading from the blocking device (if any) to temporarily stop responding (lag). These processes cannot continue until the Linux kernel repopulates the entropy pool, which takes time. In addition, input events are pulled from the user interface (to refill the pool), which may also contribute to the problem.
Seeder is a service for root users. It assists the kernel in "topping off" the entropy pool by re-seeding it with data from the non-blocking (high performance) random device. Optionally, it can also help alleviate MMC I/O contention by extending the I/O queue, allowing the I/O scheduler to make better decisions, and combine more writes.
On some devices, applications load significantly faster (particularly large ones like Facebook, Chrome, and Youtube), and task switching becomes effortless. Fewer visual "hiccups" occur.
You MUST be running a rooted device to use this application! If you don't know what this means, Seeder will probably not work on your device!
** Note **
This app does not increase raw performance, but rather eliminates some types of annoying lag (ie. applications briefly freezing, jerky scrolling, delays returning to the home screen, etc). The effect seems to be more noticeable the longer the device has been running prior to activating the RNG service.
Google's efforts to optimize newer builds of Android have been substantial, and Seeder has less effect on Android 4.0+ (though many users still report improvement).
Bug reports are greatly appreciated. If you have any trouble with the application, please send an email before leaving a review. If during testing you find that Seeder does not noticeably reduce lag on your device, please email me for a refund!
Mobile ODIN is the on-device firmware flasher of choice. Just throw those firmware files on your (internal or external) SD card, start Mobile ODIN and flash away.
! Your device must be rooted to be able to use Mobile ODIN. Check the list below to see if your device is supported !
If you use the EverRoot option, Mobile ODIN will root the firmware while you flash it. Checking out that new leaked firmware? No reason to lose root!
Currently supported devices:
- AT&T/Rogers Captivate SGH-I896/I897
- AT&T SGH-I777
- Sprint/Virgin/Boost Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710/VMUB/BST
- USCC SCH-R760
- LTE SHV-E210S
- LTE GT-I9305/T/N
- AT&T/Canadia SGH-I747/M
- TMOUS SGH-T999
- Sprint/C-Spire SPH/SCH-L710
- VZW SCH-I535 (unlock bootloader !)
- USCC/Cricket/MetroPCS Galaxy S3 SCH-R530/U/M/C
- LTE GT-I9505
- Sprint SPH-L720
- TMOUS SGH-M919
- USCC SCH-R970
- Canadia SGH-I337M
- LTE SM-G900F
- Oceania SM-G900I
- Korea SM-G900L
- Americas SM-G900M
- Sprint SM-G900P
- USCC SM-G900R4
- TMOUS SM-G900T
- Metro SM-G900T1
- Canadia SM-G900W8
Google Galaxy Nexus:
- GSM Maguro/Yakju/GT-I9250
- CDMA/LTE Toro/Mysid/SCH-I515 (no cdma radio flashing)
Galaxy Note 2:
- LTE GT-N7105
- AT&T/Canadia SGH-I317/M
- TMOUS SGH-T889
- Sprint SPH-L900
- VZW SCH-I605 (unlock bootloader !)
- USCC SCH-R950
Galaxy Note 3:
- Sprint SM-N900P
- TMOUS SM-N900T
- USCC SM-N900R4
- Canadia SM-N900W8
Galaxy Note 8.0":
- 3G GT-N5100
- Wi-Fi GT-N5110/13
- LTE GT-N5120
Galaxy Note 10.1":
- 3G GT-N8000
- Wi-Fi GT-N8010/13
- LTE GT-N8020
- Tab 7" GT-P1000
- Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200/L/10
- Tab 7.7" GT-P6800/10
- Tab 10.1" GT-P750/10
- Tab 2 7" GT-P3100/10/13
- Tab 2 10" GT-P5100/10/13
Flashing with Mobile ODIN does NOT increase your custom kernel flash counter or make the yellow warning triangle appear.
Discussion and support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347899
Flashing with Mobile ODIN is easy. You start by starting the app and the app will check your system has everything it needs to continue (like root). It may need to download an additional package, so it is advised you have Wi-Fi available.
Now you should see the main Mobile ODIN screen. It will list a set of partitions. Clicking a partition will allow you to select a file from your SD card to flash to that partition. Do not worry about selecting the wrong file - Mobile ODIN will not let you. Separate files (named after the partition) as well as .tar and .tar.md5 files are supported.
From the desktop ODIN you may be used to "PDA", "PHONE", and "CSC" buttons. All three of these buttons have been replaced by the "Open file ..." button. This button will open the file you select from the SD card, and find all the partitions it can flash inside that file. So if you select a .tar file containing kernel and modem, the Kernel and Modem partitions will be set up to use that .tar file for flashing.
Now that we have selected what we want to flash, if you have the Pro version you can proceed to the EverRoot section. The EverRoot options allows you to root your firmware while it is being flashed. Never again will you be without root! Select here which apps you want to inject in the firmware that is being flashed.
Now that we are all done selecting partitions and configuring EverRoot, we continue to "Flash firmware". Mobile ODIN will gather all the information it needs and perform the flash. Before starting, however, it will check that your battery level is over 50%, and if applicable offer to verify MD5 checksums on the files you have selected to flash. If all is well, it will reboot into recovery mode, and flash the firmware you have selected.
GLTools is a custom OpenGLES driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM or x86 processor. If you still don't understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn't disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you'll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
- HTC One X
- Nexus 7 2013
- LG G2
- Some Samsung devices (random). The lowest success rate is with SGN3 and SGS4 (thx to Knox). Installing a custom kernel can help, this problem is firmware-related. The same for Lenovo devices.
By using this app, you agree to all the following terms:
User is responsible to make sure that any plugins he uses are legal to use. All texture plugins (except for Default) are written by independent developers and are placed on a 3rd-party webserver (except for Default which is builtin), which has nothing to do with me, a GLTools author, except for that I provide a simple in-app browser to install them (as all we know, browser creators have nothing to do with any abusive Internet content, the same thing here).
User is responsible to make sure that this app won't cause any EULA violation. GLTools is designed for debugging of apps that user is author of, any other usage is not officially supported. Anyway, this app changes system libraries only and doesn't cause any binary modification of 3rd-party apps.
All trademark usage is nominative, nominative usage is Fair Use, it doesn't require any permission from trademark holder. Any trademarks are the property of their owners anyway.
If you think that GLTools itself is illegal, you can always contact me via email@example.com
Source code of used GNU Binutils (assembler, linker, etc) and Busybox can be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance calculations and performance simulations:
- Conditions including density altitude
- Acceleration simulation with detailed inputs and advanced, proprietary algorithms
- Acceleration weight transfer
- Braking performance simulation
- Braking weight transfer
- Cornering simulation including banking option and including spin and rollover conditions
- Cornering weight transfer
- Dragstrip (simple acceleration calculations for various speeds and distances based on power and weight)
- Steady-state going simulation with detailed inputs including road grade and wind speed providing performance and efficiency outputs
- Horsepower based on acceleration performance
- Power curve input used in acceleration simulation and shift point calculation
- Shift points calculated by torque peak, power curve, or any specified values and used in acceleration simulation
- Speeds in gears
- Top speed including theoretical and actual top speed
- Torque based on acceleration performance
- Acceleration force
- Acceleration rate
- Acceleration rate transfer
- Braking time and distance
- Braking weight transfer
- Cornering weight transfer
- Dragstrip performance by power
- Dragstrip performance by weight
- Steady-state going
- Power curve
- Power by elapsed time
- Power by trap speed
- Shift points
- Top speed
- Wheel thrust
Easy and fun to use
Automatic, instantaneous calculations
Advanced, reliable, and proven algorithms
Unlimited vehicle and configuration files
Proven performance algorithms
Context-based online help
Metric and English inputs and outputs with automatic conversion
Works with turbocharged and supercharged engines
Other Speed-Wiz car math modules include Engine Pro, Chassis Pro, Tire Pro, Brake Pro, Suspension Pro, Turbo Pro, Race Pro, and more!
SuperSU Pro adds the following features to your SuperSU installation:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
See the SuperSU app description for further details on SuperSU.
Note that SuperSU Pro is rarely updated - most of the updated code goes directly into the main SuperSU app. That is the one you need to update.
This upgrade enables extra features in StickMount and supports StickMount's development. See StickMount's description to learn about these features.
The price is aimed at being approximately one beer at the bar :)
You may need to restart StickMount and/or your device for the Pro features to become available.
Requires a RS232 (DB9) to Bluetooth adapter connected to the Select's second serial port already paired with your phone/tablet via Android Settings or (for 3.1+ host mode capable devices only) a wired USB connection.
Adaptive Tuner is an open source project governed by the terms of the Apache 2.0 License and portions limited by the GNU LGPL. You can contribute to Adaptive Tuner here: https://github.com/synman/AdaptiveTuner
Adaptive Tuner is NOT an official Adaptronic product. Please do not contact them for support. If you experience any problems with Adaptive Tuner please contact the author (who has no affiliation to Adaptronic) here: email@example.com
Copyright 2012 Shell M. Shrader, Evan H. Dekker
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this software except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Its prime purpose is to be a battery saver and to save as much battery as possible, but it can be used to overclock at the same time (if the kernel of your device supports it).
Depending on triggers (based on the battery) different profiles are loaded. Each trigger has different profiles depending of the the state of your phone (if it is locked, on battery, on power or a phone call is being done).
A profile can modify the following:
* The CPU governor, its thresholds and min/max frequencies off your CPU (i.e. setCPU speed).
* The state of services like:
- mobiledata connection
- 3G/2G switch
- background sync
- airplane mode
Configurations (i.e. a set of trigger and profiles) can be loaded based on the time of the day and the day of the week. This allows you to set a different behaviour during the night or the weekend.
In praise of CyanogenMod... ;)
If you use and like this app please subscribe to the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org and participate in the forums on https://sourceforge.net/projects/cputuner/ (Project webpage).
You can follow CPU tuner on: https://plus.google.com/109797451979104819882
If you want to help translating please join in at http://www.getlocalization.com/cputuner/.
Please report errors in a mail to the address listed below not in a market comment.
You best generate a capabilities report first, by going to settings then to backend and choose capabilities report, when it is done hit send (and save the mail as draft). Then describe your issue (and if possible attach a logcat output along with the zip file from the report).
A note on permissions: Yes there are a lot and potentially dangerous permissions needed, but cpu tuner does not request the network communication permission which means that cpu tuner cannot send any information back. Further more cpu tuner is opensource so you can browse the code and check....
Every time your phone slows down, run this application in order to accelerate and boost the speed.
This process includes the following activites:
- get rid of background processes
- clear the cache and release memory
- clear browser data such as search history, cookies, temporary files and it's cache.
Thank you for using our app.
* Vibrate when outgoing call is connected.
* Notify when system is ready
* Notify when system is shutting down.
* Notify when plug in the USB
* Notify when battery is full.
* Extra Phone Info.
* reply phone call by using sms when the user is busy.
ps: if there is any problem about this application, please send me the mail directly. And capture the bug report to me , Thanks.
how to capture the bug report:
download sub app to capture -
the app has been verified by sub devices.
* Google Nexus One 2.3.X
Support Sub Devices:
Google Nexus One with Android 2.3 - OK
Google Nexus S with Android 2.3 - OK
* Add feature - notify user if an application is installed.
* add new feature for dialing phone number when user copy a number string in browser app or others.
How to use:
selecte a string , then press the item "share" and select item "Phone" dial a phone call.
* fix bugs for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
* support Android 4.0 for function "VIbrate when outgoing call is connected"
how to use:
1. select the text in the article.
2. press the button "share" or "find on web".
3. select the app "Read it for me".
Then , android will read it for you :D
support sub language:
add control to stop speaking.
(If the android device is in speaking. there will be a notification on status bar, user can press it to stop speaking.)
Now, it just support the translation from English to Traditional Chinese.
* support the search from reader (ex: kindle)
if the user use the kindle, please long press the text what you want to search , and then select the item "Search the Web". Then , the answer might be returned.
The app has been verified by sub devices.
1. Google Galaxy Nexus
2. Google Nexus S
3. Google Nexus One.
In order to have a safe riding, maintain good performance, prolong the motorcycle service life and reduce pollution, make sure to perform the periodic inspection and maintenance.
PS: if the user has more than one bike, please install Moto/Bike Maintenance Recorder C.
I made this application for this purpose.
Setup the contact list. and add them into the app's contact list.
then , just tap the contact's photo , it will originate a call.
The user can also use the app with Skype.
##### Before adding contacts. please make sure sub items.
* the contact's picture is required.
* the contact's phone number might be at the 1st place.
fix bug for latest Skype.
* enhance the user experience.
* add new feature: if the user selects a contact , the app will read the contact's display name.
* add landscape view for tablet version.
* fix bug
* enhance the user experience , for skype outgoing call by using this phone phone dialer.
blog to introduce the app: http://studiobinghuan.blogspot.com